The cast of the Rankin/Bass special and its sequels.
The loveable snowman brought to life with a magic hat.
- Animate Inanimate Object: Originally lifeless, he comes to life when the magic hat was placed on his head.
- Born of Magic: The jolly, happy soul only came into existence after a vaguely humanoid-shaped lump of ice crystals was topped with an inexplicably magical top hat. (Though it's possible the consciousness already existed inside the hat, and only needed a sufficient vessel.)
- Catchphrase: "Happy birthday!" Said every time he comes to life, for no apparent reason.
- Disney Death: He can melt in hot weather, but he cannot die permanently; he is made from Christmas snow, and a nice, cold winter breeze can return him to as he was before.
- Four-Fingered Hands: Has four fingers, but somehow sprouts a fifth when attempting to count to ten.
- Happily Married: To Crystal.
- Heart Drive: Exaggerated. The magic hat brings Frosty to life when placed on his head; if it is taken off, he reverts to inanimate form, which is why he doesn't want Hinkle to get his hands on it. Though this is averted a few times, such as when Crystal kisses him.
- Heroic BSoD: Experiences one in Winter Wonderland when he becomes lonely upon being alone outside for long and the children decide to make him a wife.
- I'm Melting!: If he is exposed to hot conditions long enough, he suffers this.
- Living Snowman: And like in his special, he's brought to life by his magic hat, but can't survive in warm weather without using an amulet Winterbolt gives him and his family.
- Nice Guy: He's a very friendly snowman, and a "jolly, happy soul" indeed.
- Nice Hat: "That old silk hat", which brought him to life.
- One, Two, Skip a Few: His first attempt at counting to ten.
- Snowlems: An architectural example of this.
Frosty's twin children.
The leader of a group of schoolchildren who helps Frosty get to the North Pole.
A lonely girl and aspiring magician who befriends Frosty and helps him stop Mr. Twichell's scheme to ruin winter.
A troublesome magician who pursues Frosty's hat.
- Big Bad: Of the original show.
The winter figure who is jealous of Frosty.
A mean businessman who plots to end winter for good.
- Big Bad: Of Frosty Returns.