A Character sheet for Harvest December. Because the series has Loads and Loads of Characters, each folder is broken down by the characters introduced in each chapter/month in order of physical appearance.
If there isn't a folder for a particular month, it means a major character wasn't introduced in that month.
Because of unmarked spoilers, it's best to read the entire series before diving into this, especially for those introduced in the first chapter.
The protagonist of the series. One of the first things he does after arriving in Tagami is look for the local god that the townspeople had mentioned. Upon meeting Shiro, the first thing she says is, "I command you to be my husband!" The series is very much the aftermath of him accepting both her and Yuki's offers.
- Ain't Too Proud to Beg: Multiple times per chapter.
- An Arm and a Leg: His right arm is paralyzed in a fight against Shirou. He opts to never have it healed.
- Attractive Bent-Gender: Twice.
- He gets kidnapped and dressed like a girl during May. Several of the crowd talk about how they were right that he'd made a cute girl.
- It happens again in October when he's voted Miss Tagami High.
- Big "NO!": Is prone to these at least once a chapter.
- Catchphrase: "Reality is merciless."
- The Chessmaster: Masaki is a heroic example and very good at it. When it comes to creating plans or ideas that involve gods or the surreal, he can think several moves ahead.
- It's because of knowing the rules of gods and boundaries that he's able to reunite Mizuho with Madoi at the end of January.
- He pretty much singlehandedly drew out the entire plan for the battle during August: He knew that the defense team would need to have the more-experienced fighters, had more than enough foresight to call Mayoi in for help, and knew to keep Ao in reserve to act as backup when (not if) Shiro was defeated.
- The Chew Toy: If physical harm is dished out in a comedic fashion, it's almost always against Masaki.
- Chick Magnet: Masaki has a lot of admirers beyond his two girlfriends. Taken Up to Eleven after May's event.
- Didn't Think This Through: He basically said yes to both Shiro and Yuki on a whim. The consequences haunt him for the whole series.
- Dude, Where's My Respect?: Even after helping his friends overcome a lot of their issues and giving them sound advice, let alone his role during August, he's still mercilessly teased and abused.
- Even the Guys Want Him: He starts getting love letters from his juniors, both male and female, after May's climax. He'd much rather repress the memory.
- Fetish: He has a thing for women in kimonos. One of the reasons he finds Yuki attractive.
- Generation Xerox: Masaki is the spitting image of his father and his fascination of the surreal developed as a result of his father's research.
- Handicapped Badass: In combination with Took a Level in Badass below and losing the use of his right arm.
- Heroic BSoD: During the first half of the final chapter until Mizuho cheers him up.
- Indy Ploy: He's very good at thinking on his feet while under pressure or if one of his more-elaborate plans takes a wrong turn. This ends up saving his life when fighting Shirou.
- Made of Iron: He endures a lot of punishment, but nothing permanent until his right arm is paralyzed.
- Mistaken for Gay: Brought up a few times when he expresses thanks to Kouhei for being there to support him.
- Nice Guy: Despite his situation, Masaki wouldn't hurt a fly. Though he will defend himself or his friends if necessary as shown in July and August.
- No-Holds-Barred Beatdown: Is often on the receiving end of these.
- No Social Skills: While he can get along well enough on a casual basis with his friends, his failed first relationship back in Tokyo left him scarred and afraid of intimacy. Even just the prospect of holding hands with a girl leaves him a nervous wreck for a good chunk of the story.
- Not What It Looks Like: Masaki ends up in a lot of these situations, especially when Yuki finds him in the mere presence of another girl. Unfortunately for him only half of the situations aren't his fault so no one tends to believe him when it isn't.
- Official Couple: With Yuki by the end.
- Oh, Crap!: Masaki's face in several CG images just scream this.
- Porn Stash: Behind the garage, as he knew the girls would be looking for it in his room.
- Screams Like a Little Girl: According to his own narration.
- Self-Deprecation: Hates himself because he believes he inevitably ends up hurting people around him.
- She Is Not My Wife: Both Shiro and Yuki constantly insist they're already married to him. He constantly denies this until he chooses one of them.
- Spanner in the Works: An unusual example as nobody would have effected any change in town if he hadn't been there. It's because of his presence that the status quo got shaken up.
- Stealth Mentor: Another trait he takes from his dad.
- Took a Level in Badass: Taking Shirou on in a fight in the final chapter's climax and winning.
- Unwanted Harem: And it keeps growing as a result of him also being a-
- Weirdness Magnet: Though he welcomes it because he's fascinated by the surreal. It's why he's attracted to Shiro and Magari.
Shiro of Tagami
The god of Tagami who is still able to manifest freely due to the residents still having a strong belief in her. Initially she'd rather eat ice cream, watch soap operas, and steal money from a shrine's donation box to buy more ice cream, she does care for and protect both her land and people. She takes a husband every 100 years and chose Masaki on sight.
- A God Am I: Shiro flaunts her authority as one quite often.
- Animal Motif: Shiro has wolf ears that are very visibly prominent.
- Betty and Veronica: Between her and Yuki, she's the Veronica.
- Bookworm: She has a library card that's good for life and spends more time reading there than people realize.
- Gold Eyes, Take Warning: Whenever Shiro uses her powers, her eyes glow a sharp gold.
- Healing Hands: Near the end of the series, she heals Sanae's paralyzed leg as it was one of her wolves that crippled her.
- I Am A Humanitarian: In the manga, she explains she developed human emotions after eating a human who had frozen to death.
- It's All About Me: A good example of this is in January when she suggests visiting a certain family not because they may be able to help their search, but because she likes the offerings they usually give her. She gets better.
- Jerkass God: Shiro when at her worst. It's hard to side with her when she tells Masaki to have sex with her in front of Yuki before she'll save them from freezing to death.
- My Rules Are Not Your Rules: Shiro invokes this when she shows no qualms about the idea of potentially killing her own daughter.
- Out of Focus: Shiro does not appear at all in the February or March chapters. She's also demoted to third billing behind Ao and Yuki in the Spring chapter intros, but returns to a prominent role in May and July.
- Really 700 Years Old: No exact age is given but she is definitely the oldest of the main cast. She takes a husband every 100 years and even she's lost count of how many there have been.
- The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything: She hates June because of how many weddings she has to perform. Mizuho tells her to behave like a proper god every now and then.
- She stops making regular appearances in town after Fuyu is born, so she can focus more on raising her.
- She's Back: Once she gets her powers back in August.
- She Cleans Up Nicely: The dress she wears during the post-cultural festival folk dance.
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: The tomboy to Yuki's girly girl.
- Took a Level in Kindness: Her It's All About Me attitude and Jerkass God behavior disappear after she's Brought Down to Normal and they stay gone even after she gets her powers back.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Ice cream.
- Trickster Mentor: To Mizuho during January.
- Troll: She enjoys pushing people's buttons for her own amusement.
- Who Wants to Live Forever?: Shiro complains that the worst part of being a god is that new experiences that fascinate her are few and far between these days. It's also one of the reasons why she takes a husband every 100 years.
The heavily-sheltered daughter of the Towada family, the most powerful family in Tagami, and the second of Masaki's girlfriends. She asked Masaki out on sight.
- A-Cup Angst: Even though Masaki says he's attracted to her figure, she laments not having a larger bust.
- Betty and Veronica: The Betty to Masaki's Archie.
- Body Horror: She undergoes this internally as her body's forced to adapt to having to carry a child created via godly power.
- The baby itself when she's unstable and away from Masaki. Mikami even likens it to turning into "mincemeat."
- I Call It "Vera": Yuki's naginata is named "Kubikirimaru," which translates to, "Head Slicer."
- Green-Eyed Monster: Yuki is the most prone to object when she sees Masaki with another woman.
- Hammer Space: Yuki tends to pull her Naginata out of nowhere. She even Lampshades this by calling it "Yuki space." Taken Up to Eleven in August when she's able to materialize Kubikirimaru while wearing a sling bikini.
- Hopeless with Tech: Courtesy of never having been exposed to modern technology. It's revealed early on she never even saw a television until junior high.
- Last Girl Wins: Out of Masaki's four primary love interests, Yuki is the last one he meets and the one he chooses (assuming one doesn't count Yukari due to her being an Artificial Human).
- Love at First Sight: With Masaki.
- Mama Bear: The fact that she chooses her unborn child over Masaki at the end of November is the catalyst that causes him to choose her over Shiro.
- Mega Manning: She manages to copy Naomi's Kasugayari after witnessing it used against her once. It comes in handy during her fight against Magari in August.
- My Biological Clock Is Ticking: She wants to "make a Yayako" right away.
- Naginatas Are Feminine: Yuki's weapon of choice that she keeps close at all times.
- Official Couple: She is the one Masaki ends up falling in love with. They are already married before they graduate high school.
- Pregnant Badass: Due to having already performed the Rokushiki ritual with Masaki and gotten pregnant prior to her fight against Magari, this counts.
- Reasonable Authority Figure: Upon finding some employees eating at Sanae before working hours are over, she chides them for being there, shrugs, and says, "I'm just as guilty, so let's enjoy ourselves."
- She Cleans Up Nicely: The dress she wears during the post-cultural festival folk dance.
- Simple Staff: While she prefers Kubikirimaru, she's quite proficient with a bo staff when it's all she has available.
- Slasher Smile: Yuki sports one whenever she gets angry. It's even scarier when she draws Kubikirimaru at the same time.
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: The girly girl to Shiro's tomboy.
- Worthy Opponent: To Naomi after their first sparring match in August.
- Yamato Nadeshiko: In her moments of normality.
- Yandere: Good grief, yes! She's the primary source of Masaki's physical pain.
A boy in Masaki's class who invites him to join in with his circle of friends. He quickly becomes Masaki's best friend.
- Because You Were Nice to Me: Kouhei has a lot of female admirers because, despite being a bit of a pervert and playing ero games, he's very nice to the girls in real life.
- Big Brother Instinct: Kouhei will not hesitate to attack anyone he thinks is a threat to Mizuho, despite her doing things like stealing his ero games and selling them.
- Butt-Monkey: The butt of several jokes when Masaki isn't taking the fall. Many of which are courtesy of his sister.
- Chick Magnet: He has three girls that are in love with him. Much of his personal arc is focused on if he feels the same way in return to any of them.
- Covert Pervert: He enjoys imouto-based ero games. This causes Mizuho a good degree of Squick when she finds out.
- Extreme Doormat: Becomes this during the brief time he dates Moyori.
- Farm Boy: His family runs a rice farm and he does a lot of heavy lifting at his part-time job, giving him a well-built figure.
- Fetish: Older women wearing a School Swimsuit.
- Hair of Gold, Heart of Gold: The only blonde character and constantly helping others in need if he sees an opportunity.
- It's All My Fault: Feels personally responsible for Sanae's injury and spends every day in December at Sanae to try and apologize despite Yumi throwing a bucket of cold water on him every time to drive him away.
- Oblivious to Love: Kouhei is as dense as a brick wall when it comes to realizing at least three different girls like him. At first.
- Stupid Sexy Flanders: Masaki's reaction to seeing him in the buff at the public bath, "You're ripped!"
- Unwanted Harem: Not as big as Masaki's, but he does have three girls pining for him.
Masaki's classmate and another part of his circle of friends at school. She and Yuki have been friends their whole lives.
- An Arm and a Leg: One of her legs is nearly torn off by one of Shiro's wolves when it mistakes her for Yuki during a lapse in control. It remains paralyzed for a month but Shiro is eventually able to heal it completely.
- Bare Your Midriff: Her casual spring outfit.
- Book Dumb: Believes she doesn't stand a chance to get into college because she's not very smart. But she doesn't mind as she truly wants to inherit her family's restaurant, thus avoiding college entrance exams entirely.
- Buxom Is Better: The people who see her as a Round Girl during May definitely think so.
- Childhood Friend Romance: Has known Kouhei all her life and realizes early on in the story that she's in love with him.
- Clingy Jealous Girl: The most-openly jealous of Kouhei's potential girlfriends if she thinks that he's interested in someone other than her. Masaki weaponizes this to his advantage when he needs to.
- Disappeared Dad: Her father died 10 years before the series in an accident.
- Friend or Idol Decision: Faces this as, during June, Kouhei wants to know if she's willing to sacrifice her dream of inheriting Sanae for the sake of being with him instead.
- Heroic BSoD: Losing the use of a leg and having your lifelong dream destroyed as a result will do that.
- Hidden Depths: She proves quite capable of quietly disposing of Sakura and Moyori for a while to be alone with Kouhei during August's festival.
- Name's the Same: Her family's restaurant, Sanae, is named after her.
- Stepford Smiler: She manages to hide the heartbreak she's dealing with after June's events.
Kouhei's younger sister by a year and the Tagami High Student Council President. Though she was elected due to her popularity and is not very good at her job.
- Big Eater: Her primary objective at a festival is mapping out the most efficient route to every food stand.
- Bunny-Ears Lawyer: Hates paperwork, is horrible at math, and is easily convinced to cut class. She's known as the worst Student Council President in Tagami High's history for a good reason.
- Did You Just Punch Out Cthulhu?: Mizuho will very-readily beat up on Shiro whenever she crosses the line.
- Gamer Girl: She especially loves JRPGs.
- The Heart: She's the one whose actions ultimately bring everyone back together in the final chapter.
- Like Brother and Sister: Mizuho adopts Madoi as her little brother almost immediately and their interactions are adorable!
- Pretty In Pink: Mizuho's casual summer dress.
- Proper Tights with a Skirt: In both her school uniform and casual winter clothes.
- She's Got Legs: Her character portrait tends to show her skirt flipping up just a little to showcase her thighs.
- Taught by Experience: After two interruptions when making her New Year's toast at the end, she hesitates on the 3rd time knowing she'd just be interrupted again. She's right.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Crabs.
- Troll: Mostly towards her older brother.
Shiro's wolf familiar and constant companion. Created as an independent entity from Shiro using her own power.
- An Arm and a Leg: Madoi cripples all four of his legs in July and Masaki cuts off his head in the final story. Neither one kills him.
- Beef Gate: For Masaki during his final push to reunite with Yuki at the end.
- Body Horror: His legs aren't cut off so much as they're made to rot from the inside-out while the rest of him remains perfectly fine- if he didn't stop his attack, that is.
- Defeat Means Friendship: Always obeyed Shiro because of her much stronger powers, until-
- The Dog Bites Back: After Shiro loses her powers, he stops listening to her and nearly pulls a-
- FaceHeel Turn: Briefly when he falls into a more primal behavior pattern and nearly kills Shiro. He gets better after a sound thrashing from Madoi.
- Friendly Enemy: To Masaki in the final climax.
- Graceful Loser: Congratulates Masaki for defeating him, despite complaining about needing half a year to be able to re-attach his head.
- Name's the Same: As Shiro, though spelled differently.
- Really 700 Years Old: Shiro created him as an independent companion and he's been with her for centuries.
- Scars Are Forever: His right eye has a large scar over it.
Sanae's widowed mother and the owner of Sanae.
- Heroic BSoD: Sanae losing the use of her right leg hits her just as hard.
- Only Sane Woman: The most normal character out of the entire cast.
- Pride: Why she initially refuses help from her friends and plans to leave Tagami, despite how doing so would only make her situation that much worse in the long run.
- She's Back: In the final chapter when she rips the "Out of Business" sign from Sanae's door.
- Shipper on Deck: She knows Sanae is in love with Kouhei and she does her part to get him to admit the same about her.
- Supreme Chef: Everyone loves her cooking.
Masaki's mother and described as a "failed housewife." Relatively harmless overall.
- Adult Child: It's snowing in July. So what does she do? Get into a snowball fight with some nearby kids!
- Drives Like Crazy: Treats driving in real life like a racing game.
- First Guy Wins: Takaki was her first and only love.
- Gamer Girl: She plays a lot of video games and can easily pull all-nighters with Mashiro.
- Girlish Pigtails: They make her look younger than her son!
- Happily Married: To Takaki.
- Lethal Chef: When she actually cooks. Chocolate wafers stewed in soy sauce, anyone?
- The Load: Masaki knows she'd be useless during the battle in August, so he gives her a patrol task out of the way.
- Odd Friendship: With Mashiro.
- Sensei-chan: Mami is a parental version of this. She looks younger than Masaki and most of the characters call her "Mami-chan." Even Yuki and her mother call her, "Mommy-chan."
- Third-Person Person: Even uses "-chan" for herself.
Yuki's father. He isn't as eager as Mashiro for Yuki to have a baby and marry young- yes, in that order.
- Happily Married: With Mashiro.
- Henpecked Husband: Having married into a powerful family that's headed by the women, he doesn't get to provide a lot of input.
- Hidden Depths: See Never Gets Drunk.
- Meganekko: The only one in his family who is.
- Never Gets Drunk: He's the only one still standing out of the adults who booze it up at the final New Years party.
- Scary Shiny Glasses: Inverted. His glasses shine when he's nervous.
The current matriarch of the Towada family and Yuki's mother. Her mere presence can send chills down anyone's spine and many of the people in town are afraid of drawing her wrath.
- Berserk Button: Calling her "auntie" or implying she's old (she's only 34) is the only way to get her emotional.
- Body Horror: After being on the receiving end of a Curb-Stomp Battle in August, the narrative simply describes her arms and legs being at "improper angles." Naturally, Yuki is pissed when she sees this.
- I Want Grandkids: She mellows out as the series progresses but she is rather insistent that Masaki have a baby with Yuki as soon as possible early on.
- Names to Run Away from Really Fast: Invoking her name is enough to get people who know her afraid and her mere presence can intimidate those who see her.
- Phrase Catcher: She is a perfect example of why many men are warned, "Never underestimate a Towada woman." She passes those same traits to her daughter.
- Sarashi: April's story reveals she wears these.
- Tranquil Fury: Exhibits this quite often. It's scary.
- Troll: Leaving her own daughter no choice but to wear a very revealing swimsuit out of her own personal collection? Yep, she qualifies.
Madoi of Sagashima
The child of Sagashima's previous god who has been left alone for about 100 years. He wants to keep the promise he made to his father to venture into Tagami to retrieve his father's missing powers.
- Adorably Precocious Child: Madoi, despite being over 100 years old, resembles a 9-year old boy.
- Attractive Bent-Gender: When the girls dress him up like one and in buruma, Kouhei nearly assaults him!
- Big Damn Hero: In July.
- Gold Eyes, Take Warning: Triggers as part of his Took a Level in Badass below.
- Disappeared Dad: Died while attempting to invade Tagami.
- I Just Want to Be Normal: After meeting Mizuho, Madoi no longer wanted to be a god by retrieving his father's lost powers.
- Missing Mom: Died at the same time as her husband.
- Really 700 Years Old: At least 100 years old.
- The Red Baron: He's also known as the God of Turning. This gives him the ability to turn something into its opposite, including something healthy into something rotting. And, as Shirou finds out, he can be selective about which parts of his target are affected!
- Third-Person Person: Played perfectly straight.
- Took a Level in Badass: During July when he subjugates Tagami, drives away all of the lesser gods causing havoc, and saves Shiro's life by delivering a Curb-Stomp Battle to the feral Shirou.
One of the oldest residents in town and well-respected by everyone.
- Shipper on Deck: He's in favor of Sakura getting together with Kouhei.
- Smart People Play Chess: He and Kouhei play Shogi often.
- Think Nothing of It: Towards Mizuho at the end of January.
Student Council treasurer and daughter of another prominent family. Also has a crush on Kouhei.
- Betty and Veronica: Between the two juniors, Moyori is the Veronica to Kouhei.
- Buxom Is Better: Averted in her personal case as her small body makes it difficult for her to deal with her large breasts, causing her to have to rest them on something every so often.
- Goofy Print Underwear: Not shown directly but the narrative reveals she wears teddy bear panties.
- Manipulative Bitch: She tries to win Kouhei's heart by making him doubt his feelings for Sanae and playing to his insecurities towards them, then offering herself as an easy alternative.
- Meganekko: Helps add to her Smug Snake look.
- Miles Gloriosus: Moyori Uesugi believes she can invoke her family name to get what she wants, until she's told that she herself has done nothing to contribute to the family's influence and therefore is just full of hot air.
- Never My Fault: She is the most responsible for Sanae's injury by goading her until she got as angry as she did, but still claims it was very much an accident and never accepts even partial responsibility directly.
- Rich Bitch: She hits her lowest by basically gloating to Sanae that Kouhei chose her.
- Rules Lawyer: Though she does ease up a bit for the Cultural Festival.
- Satan: Who at least Mizuho believes she is an incarnation of.
- Smug Snake: Because of her family's influence.
- Troll: She loves to torment Mizuho with paperwork and budget calculations, despite the fact that she's supposed to be the treasurer.
- Zettai Ryouiki: Grade B in her school uniform.
One of Mizuho's friends and Grandpa Tagami's granddaughter. Has a huge crush on Kouhei.
- Betty and Veronica: Between the two juniors, Sakura is the Betty to Kouhei.
- Genki Girl: Very cute and very energetic.
- Girl Next Door: Kouhei's neighbor.
- Just a Kid: She wants Kouhei to stop seeing her as one now that she's in high school.
- Precocious Crush: Towards Kouhei.
- She's Got Legs: The short skirts she tends to wear show them off nicely.
- That Came Out Wrong: She's eager to lose her virginity to Kouhei and has a very difficult time hiding that fact.
- Unlucky Childhood Friend: Kouhei finally admits to her that he can't see her as more than Just a Kid during October.
- Zettai Ryouiki: Grade C in her school uniform.
The Student Council Secretary. Initially appears in February, but doesn't have a sizable role until October. Even her first name is mentioned only once.
- First-Name Basis: Uses everyone's first name, even towards her seniors.
- Healing Hands: An unusual example. The boys she slaps around on a casual basis feel energized afterwards.
- Hypercompetent Sidekick: She ends up doing a lot of the work that Mizuho skips out on, including organizing the cultural festival behind the scenes.
- No Name Given: Her first name isn't revealed until October.
- Sadist: Casually slaps various boys around, and they like it!
- The Tease: Likes to make people think she's a Cloud Cuckoolander just to keep them guessing.
The infant child of one of Yuki's neighbors who Yuki and Masaki babysit over the course of a week.
- The Heart: Her biggest temper tantrum happens because she's upset at seeing Masaki and Yuki fighting and she calms down after they realize the situation and apologize to each other.
Masaki's cousin who he grew up with and who moves in with his family to attend Tagami High at the start of spring. Tall, athletic, and still very childish, she tends to sneak into Masaki's room at night and use him as her body pillow when sleeping.
- The Ace: She's good enough at volleyball to be a national contender.
- Amazonian Beauty: Stands at 188 cm (6'2") and can carry volleyball poles with ease.
- Betty and Veronica: The Betty to Masaki's Archie from before he moved to Tagami.
- Boobs of Steel: Nuki is a superb athlete, stands at 6'2", and has the largest bust.
- Broken Ace: She failed to get a sports scholarship at her original school of choice due to breaking under pressure at critical moments.
- Companion Cube: Her volleyball, which she explicitly calls her friend.
- Cute Little Fang: Visible when she smiles, which is a lot. It's also her cute face and playful attitude that keeps her from being a Statuesque Stunner.
- Hammer Space: She can summon her volleyball from anywhere because, according to her, it's her friend.
- I Want My Beloved to Be Happy: She's the only one who hasn't confessed her love to Masaki or actively pursued him, turning her into a Stepford Smiler.
- Kissing Cousins: Averted. She's in love with Masaki but doesn't actively pursue him.
- Stepford Smiler: She maintains a happy facade around people but cries when she's alone.
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: The tomboy to Ao's girly girl.
Ao of Tagami
A popular model who has appeared in several fashion magazines, Ao appears out of nowhere at the start of April and it's quickly revealed that she and Masaki used to date. Masaki isn't sure whether he was more shocked about her seemingly-following him to Tagami or the fact that she is Shiro's daughter.
- Animal Motif: She has wolf ears like her mother, but is able to hide them unless she gets startled.
- Betty and Veronica: The original Veronica for Masaki before moving to Tagami.
- Bi the Way: As she says to Yuki, "Gender's not a problem. I don't discriminate. I can love anybody," after Yuki asks Ao why she touches both her and Masaki the same way.
- Cool Big Sis: Sakura sees her as one.
- Early-Bird Cameo: She's mentioned by name late in January in a magazine appearance.
- I Just Want to Be Normal: Sacrificed a majority of her godly powers in exchange for her freedom to cross the boundary, though she retains her immortality.
- I Want My Beloved to Be Happy: She realizes she can't win Masaki's heart at the end of September and gives up pursuing him.
- Manipulative Bitch: Starts off as this, using her popularity to manipulate and seduce men while getting people to take her side. She develops out of this, though.
- Name's the Same: Sakura calls her "onee-san," as she believes the two are sisters due Ao's ability to make the people around her believe she belonged (being a demigoddess and all).
- Noodle Incident: After 100 years, she forgot the reason why she left Tagami in the first place.
- Not So Different: She shares far more similarities with her mother than she's willing to admit.
- Really 700 Years Old: She's over 100 years old and hasn't seen her mother in at least that long before returning to Tagami.
- Stalker with a Crush: Subverted. While it may seem like she followed Masaki to Tagami after he left Tokyo, it ended up being a coincidence that they met again since Tagami is her hometown and she felt the need to return for a while.
- Skunk Stripe: Ao has a blue one.
- Theme Naming: Ao means blue. She has blue eyes, a bit of blue in her hair, and can turn sakura petals blue with the little godly power she has left. Several of her outfits are blue too.
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: The girly girl to Nuki's tomboy.
- Troll: She loves pushing people's buttons, especially when they have a hard time telling if she's serious or not. She also has a lot of fun trying to lift Masaki's skirt when he's forced to cross-dress.
- Woman Scorned: How she feels towards Masaki upon her arrival in April and seeing him again. She's also the first to give up on winning Masaki when she realizes she hasn't got a chance.
- Zettai Ryouiki: Grade A in her school uniform and casual spring outfit.
Originally a doctor who lost her practitioner's license, she was hired by Tagami High as its nurse.
- Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass: She's one of the few to get away relatively unharmed as part of the defense team in August.
- The Gambling Addict: And not very good at it. She tends to have to live on rice and eggs for long periods of time due to squandering her salary at the horse races.
- Labcoat of Science and Medicine: She wears it all the time.
- Meganekko: They help add to her nurse look.
- Perpetual Poverty: Courtesy of always losing her money to her gambling problem.
Mayoi of Sagashima
- Chekhov's Gunman: She even practiced her entrance for it in August.
- Cloud Cuckoolander: To generate interest in her inventions, she and her squirrel familiar put on a two-man comedy/infomercial routine.
- Heroic BSoD: Spent 100 years developing a way to kill gods to get her father's power back and finding out Madoi already got them back leaves her shocked and feeling without a purpose in life. May's story is basically Masaki helping her snap out of it.
- I Just Want to Be Normal: Sacrificed inheriting her godly powers in order to be able to leave Sagashima and find a way to kill Shiro to claim the powers to give to Madoi.
- Lady Looks Like a Dude: With her short hair and business suit, Mayoi looks more masculine than her brother. Also a good example of a handsome woman.
- Large Ham: Whenever she's excited to show off one of her inventions.
- No Indoor Voice: When she shouts, everyone has to cover their ears in pain.
- Really 700 Years Old: Older than Madoi, but by how much is never given.
- Vitriolic Best Buds: Eventually with Shiro as the two meet up almost daily for a good rumble after May's events.
- Walking the Earth: Mayori spent 100 years researching and developing ways to kill a god. In the process she learned enough skills to receive a teaching license and even start up her own shipping company, making her very rich in the process.
- You Killed My Father: Mayoi's reason for seeking out a way to kill Shiro, even if it meant leaving Madoi alone for a hundred years.
Mayoi's squirrel familiar.
Masaki's father and Mami's husband. He's a university professor of sociology whose research primarily involves the social structure of gods more so than humans.
- The Casanova: As Mami reveals at the end of August, he attracted as many women to himself as his son does.
- Disappeared Dad: Averted. He's mentioned several times before making his actual appearance during July. When he doesn't sleep in his office, he often doesn't get home until after midnight.
- Mistaken for Pedophile: His introductory scene! The group finds him wanting to take pictures of Kasumi's little girl form.note
- Stealth Mentor: He has a lot of knowledge and ideas about the situation, but prefers to let his son and students figure it out for themselves after steering them in the right direction.
Eldest daughter and head of the Ichimonji family and a skilled martial artist. She and Yuki immediately become friends.
- Emotionless Girl: Averted. She tries to hide her emotions and tries to speak no more than a single word at a time, but will speak in full sentences if she's angry or excited.
- Rapunzel Hair: Her braided pigtails reach all the way to her hips.
- Theme Naming: As part of the first of six major families on the island.
One of Takaki's students who is doing field research with her father. She wants to continue her studies with Takaki as her mentor at university.
- Bare Your Midriff: Plus a good portion of her hips too.
- Hidden Depths: Is actually a good-enough fighter to have participated in the Rokushiki festival battle and won against Nono.
- Meganekko: And they make her look pretty chic.
- Shout-Out: Her "shocked" facial expression, especially with the pointy teeth, make her look very much like Taiga Fujimura.
- Smart People Wear Glasses: Glasses or no, she is very intelligent.
Manaka's sister who is living on Rokushiki Island.
- The Gambling Addict: As hopeless as her sister.
- Meganekko: Another similar trait as her sister.
- Theme Naming: As part of the fourth of six major families on the island.
- Unskilled, but Strong: Her family's martial arts style relies entirely on brute force, and she demonstrates it well during August.
A local Rokushiki girl who adores Naomi.
- Child Prodigy: In martial arts. She's one of the few uninjured after the battle at Rokushima Shrine.
- The Glomp: Loves to greet Naomi this way.
- Little Miss Badass: Proves herself to be one during August's climax.
- My Greatest Failure: On a personal level as she lets the fact that she lost to Tomomi be her drive to never suffer another loss.
- Theme Naming: As part of the second of six major families on the island.
A friend of the Ichimonji family who befriends Masaki and Kouhei after being able to bond with them over their shared plight. Though he's also more openly perverted than they are.
- The Peeping Tom: Has had a secret peeping hole on the womens bath set up since he was a kid!
Naomi's younger sister and one of the participants in the Rokushiki festival.
- Animal Motifs: Her fighting style and movements are directly compared to that of a snake.
- Creepy Child: Gives off this vibe when she suddenly appears out of nowhere and speaks in long, drawn-out syllables. Also comes with a creepy smile to match.
- Defeat Means Friendship: She and Yuki reach an understanding after losing to her in August's climactic duel.
- Easily Forgiven: Her misunderstanding and resulting actions leave half of the island's population injured, many critically, but apparently no one holds it against her.
- Gold Eyes, Take Warning: When channeling Rokushiki's god.
- I Just Want to Have Friends: Her character arc involves trying to find a place to belong.
- Voice of the Legion: Both the Rokushiki god and his servant are possessing her and she can hold conversations with them.
- When She Smiles: At the end of August.
Tomomi's father and one of Takaki's colleagues.
- Genre Savvy: He manages to take shelter and avoid the fighting during August upon realizing something is wrong.
- Mistaken for Pedophile: Much like Takaki when the two of them want to experiment on Shiro's body and their children realize their actions can be taken as this.
Magari's best friend and originally supposed to participate in the Rokushiki festival with her, but backed out of it. The fact that she did so is what drives Magari's conflict in August.
- Last-Name Basis: She's one of the few who insists on this with Masaki shortly after he calls her by her first name, simply because she barely knows him.
- Poor Communication Kills: The entire mess could have been avoided if she had just managed to convey the fact that she couldn't participate due to an injury to Magari. Though, in her defense, Magari didn't believe her when she tried.
Daughter of the head Rokushiki priestess. Aims to follow in her mother's footsteps.
- Healing Hands: Nanaki is able to heal Naomi's concussion during August. Mizuho directly compares it to healing magic in an RPG (even though it's not the same).
- Miko: The closest example of one in the series.
- Sideboob: Her combat outfit allows for a small glimpse.
- Theme Naming: As part of the sixth of six major families on the island.
- You Gotta Have Purple Hair: Closer to a lavender shade but it makes her look like her mother.
Nanaki's mother and head priestess.
- The Atoner: Feels personally responsible for the events of August and tries to make up for it by personally healing every injured person on the island.
- Determinator: Fights to defend the shrine despite just recovering from life-threatening injuries and doesn't stop until she's overwhelmed and taken down.
- Not So Above It All: She likes to read manga and even corrects Manaka on a particular reference.
- Rapunzel Hair: Reaches her lower back.
- Theme Naming: As part of the sixth of six major families on the island.
- You Gotta Have Purple Hair: A light shade and helps set her apart from the others.
A classmate of Nuki's and another girl who falls for Masaki.
- Artificial Human: She is as Ao calls her, a sentient doll. Shiro created her to see if Masaki would forget her and Yuki if he met his ideal girl.
- Clingy Jealous Girl: Asks to date Masaki for just a month, but gets frustrated every time he mentions Shiro or Yuki.
- I Don't Want to Die: Her final thoughts before disappearing are this.
- Ill Girl: Running just a few meters gets her completely winded, though more because she's out of shape than constantly ill.
- Motor Mouth: Tends to ramble on about nothing when she's flustered.
- Odd Friendship: With Nuki.
- Stalker with a Crush: Inadvertently admits to being one.
- Too Good to Be True: Masaki finds her to be the ideal girl for him, a little too ideal in fact. He's right, as she was a doll subsonciously created by Shiro's powers.
- Too Much Information: Often accompanies her Motor Mouth moments.
- Yaoi Fan: She even has a doujin of Masaki x Kouhei!
A fox goddess and friend of Shiro's who also acts as her midwife. She sets up a fortune telling booth at the cultural festival.
- Animal Motifs: The fox, though she's not much of a trickster.
- Bad Boss: Joked with. Her ladies in waiting are calling for a strike because of her putting on weight has made it harder for them to carry her around on her mikoshi.
- Healing Hands: How she keeps Yuki stabilized as best she can in the final chapter.
- The Matchmaker: Tries to set both Masaki and his kids up with another god just so she can claim she set up 100 couples.
- Rapunzel Hair: It reaches all the way down to her feet!
- That's Gotta Hurt: Her introduction involves her getting thrown three stories high into the air and landing flat on her face.
Fuyu of Tagami
Shiro's newborn daughter.
- Animal Motifs: Has wolf ears like her mother.
- Bookworm: Just like her mother, perhaps even more so.
- Disappeared Dad: Since Masaki chose Yuki, Fuyu was raised by Shiro with Mikami's help, though Masaki did grant Shiro's wish of giving her her name.
- Last Episode, New Character: Her birth scene is played out but her name isn't revealed until The Stinger.
- Meaningful Name: Winter.
- She Is All Grown Up: She's first introduced as a baby, then seen again in The Stinger, after the Time Skip.
Yuki's newborn son.
- Generation Xerox: Is drawn to the surreal just like his father and Lampshaded by Yuki herself.
- Last Episode, New Character: His birth scene isn't played out, but The Stinger involves him returning to Tagami to attend high school and is told from his point of view.
- Meaningful Name: Snow.
- Name's the Same: Named after his mother, but with a different spelling.
- Weirdness Magnet: Again, just like his father.
- Where It All Began: The story ends with him returning to Tagami after attending a private elementary and secondary school away from his childhood home and meeting Fuyu in the exact same spot where Masaki met Shiro.