For the best reading experience, choose one of the following songs:
- For something upbeat. (Thanks again, TropesForever!)
- For something a little more e d g y. (ow the edge)
Hello! Please call me Puma. I've been on the wiki since 2015. This page used to be quite large and listed several things about myself, but on June 4, 2020, I just grew tired of it. I felt like I didn't need to list that many things I like and other details about myself, so I'm currently working on rewriting this page from scratch. I was initially trying to keep this new page as barebones as possible, but now I'm comfortable with adding more content to it again.
In other words, this whole thing is a WIP.
However, I'll still do the "three characters that describe me" thing:
- Tails, because I have big dreams and I always want to improve myself.
- Asgore, because I make a lot of mistakes, but I'm trying to do the right thing. (although, at least I haven't done some of the things Asgore has.) I'm also pretty calm and quiet in general.
- Roger Rabbit, because I really like how President Stalkeyes described our similarities here.
insert line here
- Afraid of Blood: I usually do not like anything involving blood or gore. I can't look at it. There are a few exceptions, like Team Fortress 2, but even the more gory moments in that game's "Meet the Team" videos make me sick.
- Berserk Button: I want to keep this page positive, but there are some things that really bother me:
- Using "autistic" as an insult. I thought these jokes died out, but I'm still seeing them occasionally. Autism is not the same thing as stupidity. There are so many resources online that teach about what autism is. You should do your research before using that word.
- Black Comedy involving animals dying, especially dogs and cats. Of course, I also hate animal abuse in real life.
- Like Vengeful Bale, attacking fans/creators over petty stuff. I generally don't think outrage over works of fiction is worth it.
- Big Eater: Downplayed, maybe averted? I used to eat a lot, but lately I have been getting very conscious of how much I eat. I'm not doing any special diets, but I try to be careful not to eat too much.
- Draco in Leather Pants: I don't normally sympathize with villains who aren't shown to have any sympathetic traits, but for some reason, I do so with the Snowmads. Even though they aren't shown to be anything but evil, I can't help but feel like they must have a hidden, tragic past. Maybe I just can't bring myself to hate them because they're so cool. XD
- Sliding Scale of Silliness vs. Seriousness: I go all over the place. Sometimes I'm in a silly meme-y mood, and I love dank memes, talking about insanity, laughing evilly or listening to evil laughter, and chaos, chaos. But most of the time, I'm kind of reserved, and I really enjoy things that I find beautiful. Music, nature, and so on. I even find beauty in some things that are meant to be silly. For example, I really love Sonic In X Minutes' take on the character Infinite. Despite being a comedic parody, Minutes made Infinite's backstory much more effective than the game did, and his eventual HeelFace Turn was really touching to me.
- Those Two Guys: I am friends with many tropers on here, and I don't want to leave any of them out. However, I think it's safe to say that Bluethorn and I are best friends on here! I'm also great friends with TropesForever, and we could possibly be a Power Trio.
Just for fun, I've bolded my personal favorite entry in each category.
Tropes and indices
- Clam Trap
- Clingy Aquatic Life
- Funny Octopus (taken over from Morgenthaler as part of a split from Everythings Squishier With Cephalopods)
- Genial Giraffe
- Lovable Lizard
- Monstrous Seal
- Penguins Are Ducks
- Penny-Pinching Crab
- Perplexing Pearl Production
- Psycho Poodle
- Shell Tropes
- Stealthy Cephalopod
- Sweet Seal
- Warm-Hearted Walrus
- Wily Walrus
Clowns and circuses
- Circus Synths
- Dreaded Kids' Party Entertainer Job (not exclusive to clowns, but usually clowns.)
- Happy Circus Music
- Magical Clown
- Mistaken for Clown
- Repulsive Ringmaster (my first trope ever!)
- Robot Clown
- Creepy Jazz Music
- Evil Music Index
- Fear Song
- Jungle Jazz
- Pirate Song
- Sinister Tango Music
- Steel Drums and Sunshine
- Xylophones for Walking Bones (taken over from someone else)
- Casino Episode
- Clock Index
- Clocks of Control
- Cop/Criminal Family
- Creepy High-Pitched Voice
- Dreams vs. Nightmares
- Evil Puppeteer
- Fat Flex
- Faux Furby
- Foul Flower
- Gold Is Yellow
- King Koopa Copy
- Loser Team Mascot (taken over from Unsung)
- Put on a Prison Bus (How did we miss this one?)
- Regal Ruff
- Usurping Santa
- Wrong Restaurant
Work and creator pages
- Beauty and the Beast (Dingo Pictures)
- Clam Man
- Escape Lala
- Haunt The House
- Investi-Gator: The Case of the Big Crime
- Klonoa: Dream Crusaders
- Mr. Nutz
- The Old Man of the Mountain
- Ollie & Scoops
- Peter Marinker
- Harvey Rothman
- Fats Waller
Just For Fun
Pages where I chose the imageThis is for pages I didn't start only.
- Big Damn Heroes: This trope is always awesome.
- Blinding Bangs: I love this type of design, especially on dogs or other floofy animals. Unfortunately, it looks like this can be unhealthy for real animals.
- Clown Species: Clowns are cool. Clowns as a separate species are even cooler. :oD
- Creepy Circus Music: I love circus music. I love it so much that I've contributed several examples to that trope and also started Happy Circus Music.
- Dark Is Not Evil: Also Light Is Good. Light Is Not Good and Dark Is Evil are cool too.
- Dastardly Whiplash: It's so much fun.
- Dreary Half-Lidded Eyes: Another design choice that I really love.
- Elemental Powers: My favorite is a tie between ice and air, but I also like light, water, and electricity.
- Evil Sounds Raspy: For some reason, I just really love the way sinister raspy voices sound.
- Funny Animal: Including World of Funny Animals and Lions and Tigers and Humans... Oh, My!. I love these types of characters.
- Gentle Giant: Like Bluethorn, this is one of the most lovable character types for me.
- Good All Along: I love it so much when someone who seems intimidating turns out to be a good guy.
- HeelFace Turn: It makes me so happy to see a bad guy turn good.
- Holy Pipe Organ / Ominous Pipe Organ: The coolest instrument ever.
- Last-Second Chance / Save the Villain: I wish more works would have the heroes try to reason with the villains. If the villain is on a murderous rampage or engages the hero in battle, that's one thing, but otherwise, I don't think "defeating" them is the perfect solution.
- Non-Ironic Clown: We need more of these.
- Nostalgic Music Box / Ominous Music Box Tune: It's just plain beautiful, even when they try to make it scary.
- Orchestral Bombing / Playing the Heart Strings: Strings are awesome.
- Tragic Villain: Like I said in the Rousseau Was Right entry in the first folder, I do tend to like fictional villains who have tragic backstories. However, I will stop sympathizing with them, or at least find it hard to do so, if they go too far.
- Villainous Breakdown: It's so awesome and satisfying when the villain loses control of the situation and starts raging.
- We Will Meet Again: For the same reason as Villainous Breakdown.
- Wicked Pretentious: I think wickedness and pretentiousness go hand-in-hand. They're both about either trying to be greater, or thinking you're greater, than you are. In my opinion, an overinflated ego is the path to becoming evil.
- The Woobie: I love characters who I can really sympathize with.
- Cassandra Truth: It makes me cringe.
- Evil All Along: While this trope is used well in some works (and is basically necessary in some genres, like mystery), I am still getting tired of seeing it in so many other works. It's just becoming stale at this point.
- Evil Is Deathly Cold: I don't hate it quite as much as the others here, but ice is my favorite elemental power (see above), and I genuinely love cold weather, so I am kind of disappointed whenever works say "ice bad." Some ice-themed villains are cool, though (pun intended.)
- Monster Clown: I go back and forth on this one. There are some Monster Clowns that I like, but overall, I am disappointed at how this trope is so much more common than Non-Ironic Clown, and how it's only getting more and more prevalent.
- Nosebleed: Specifically, I dislike how anime and other media tries to make nosebleeds out to be a good thing. I've gotten nosebleeds in real life (usually caused by changes in temperature), and it does not feel good at all. And, you know, there's also the whole Afraid of Blood thing.
- Plot-Mandated Friendship Failure: It also makes me cringe.
- Tsundere: I'm not saying they can't be well-written characters, I just don't see that personality as attractive or desirable. If someone acted abrasive towards me, I would assume they were just a jerk. I'm not that smart. :P
- Yandere: When the yandere is clearly meant to be creepy and repulsive, then I'm fine with this trope. It's just that, like with tsundere, I don't like it when the yandere is meant to be cute or attractive. I do sympathize with Staya, but only because his motivation is the "genuine friendship" kind of love rather than the "creepy lust" kind, and he has enough sympathetic traits to be likable despite technically being a yandere.
Film - Animated
- Tim Burton:
- Disney Animated Canon: Mostly the Renaissance movies, but I have a lot of favorites. Will update this later.
- Dreamworks Animation
- Animal Crossing (I only just started playing New Leaf, but I've known about the series and some of the characters for a while. I'm loving NL so far!)
- Insaniquarium (I really wish it would get a sequel...)
- NiGHTS into Dreams...
- Plants vs. Zombies (First one only. I haven't played any of the others.)
- Sonic the Hedgehog
- Super Mario Bros.
MiscI'm not sure if the people in Self Demonstrating would consider this character "unique" enough to have his own Self Demonstrating page, but I wrote this a while ago, and I'd like to keep it somewhere.
HELLO THERE. YOU'VE BEEN ASLEEP FOR QUITE A WHILE. YOU'RE NOT WHO I WAS HOPING TO SEE, BUT THAT'S OKAY. THERE'S PLENTY OF ROOM HERE. WHY DON'T YOU STAY A WHILE?
YOU WANT TO KNOW WHO I AM? WELL, IF YOU'RE GOING TO STAY IN THE DOLLHOUSE, WHY NOT. MY TRUE NAME IS FIDO, THE JUMPING DOG, BUT NO ONE CALLS ME THAT ANYMORE. CALL ME STAYA. YOU'RE IN THE DOLLHOUSE, A DIMENSION WHERE US TOYS HAVE GAINED MOTION. WE ALL BELONGED TO THE SAME GIRL. SHE IS NOT HERE YET, BUT I KNOW SHE IS COMING. AND I WILL NOT PERMIT ANYONE TO LEAVE THEIR ASSIGNED ROOM UNTIL SHE DOES.
NOW, AS I WAS SAYING... YOU MAY KNOW ME FROM A VIDEO GAME CALLED TINKERQUARRY. THE ONE KNOWN AS HALLOWRAITH HAS SPENT YEARS DOCUMENTING OUR EXISTENCE, AND THEIR EFFORTS REACHED A COMPLETED STATE IN 2019. ARE THEY THE GIRL? I AM NOT CERTAIN.
NOW, GET COMFORTABLE. YOU'RE NOT GOING ANYWHERE. UNLESS YOU WANT ME TO PLAY ROUGH.
STAY A WHILE AND READ THESE TROPES
- Angry Guard Dog: OF COURSE I'M ANGRY! NOBODY WANTS TO STAY INSIDE LIKE I TELL THEM TO!
- Appropriated Appellation: THE OTHERS USED TO MAKE FUN OF ME FOR SAYING "STAY A WHILE..." I TOOK THEIR NICKNAME FOR ME AND MADE IT MY OWN.
- Body Horror: HAVE YOU EVER HAD YOUR SKIN RIPPED OFF AND A CLOCK SHOVED INTO YOUR SKULL? IT'S NOT FUN.
- Clocks of Control: LOOK CLOSELY, AND YOU MIGHT SEE A CLOCK FLOATING BY MY CHEST. THIS IS MY ESSENCE, THE SOUL OF A TOY. MY ESSENCE IS CALLED LOYALTY, AND IT STANDS FOR BOTH MY DEVOTION TO MY OWNER, AND
- Control Freak: WELL MAYBE I WOULDN'T HAVE TO BE IF THE OTHER TOYS WOULD JUST STAY IN THEIR ROOMS! I EVEN PUT SIGNS UP TELLING THEM TO STAY, AND THEY STILL TRY TO ESCAPE!
- Deal with the Devil: I LET MY "FRIEND" WILSON KEEP RUNNING HIS SHOP NEAR THE LOWER RESIDENCE HALLS, AS LONG AS HE CATCHES ROACHES FOR ME.
- The Dreaded: FEAR EQUALS POWER. I ATTACK TOYS WHO DISOBEY ME SO THEY WON'T DO IT AGAIN. BUT SOME STILL TRY TO RESIST ME ANYWAY...
- Even Evil Has Loved Ones: THE GIRL IS MY MASTER, AND I LOVE HER. EVERYTHING I'M DOING IS TO MAKE THE DOLLHOUSE PERFECT FOR WHEN SHE ARRIVES.
- Knight of Cerebus: SOME OF THE TOYS HERE ARE ALL SUNSHINE AND RAINBOWS. I FILL THOSE TOYS WITH FEAR WHEN I'M AROUND.
- OOC Is Serious Business: When I'm not shouting, be afraid.
- Pest Controller: I DO ENJOY KEEPING RATS AROUND THE DOLLHOUSE. THE TOYS ARE SCARED OF THEM, AND THAT KEEPS THEM IN LINE.
- Tragic Villain: THE GIRL BROKE ME, TORE ME APART... BUT SHE'S MY ONLY FRIEND. I NEED HER TO COME BACK. I MISS PLAYING WITH HER...
- Tranquil Fury: See OOC Is Serious Business. If I'm not shouting at you, you are going to die.
- Undying Loyalty: LOYALTY IS THE VERY ESSENCE OF MY BEING. IT IS THE ENTIRE REASON I KEEP THE RESIDENTS OF THE DOLLHOUSE LOCKED UP: BECAUSE WE NEED TO WAIT FOR OUR MASTER TOGETHER. BECAUSE THIS TRAIT OF MINE IS GIVEN SUCH FOCUS, YOU MIGHT CALL IT "DECONSTRUCTED." THAT'S ALSO WHAT I'LL CALL YOU IF YOU TRY TO ESCAPE.
- Used to Be a Sweet Kid: YOU... THINK MY FORMER SELF WAS CUTE? THANKS, I SUPPOSE. BUT THAT'S NOT GOING TO SAVE YOU NOW. I'D SOONER KILL THAN LET ANYONE LEAVE THE DOLLHOUSE.
- Yandere: SO, THIS TROPE TYPICALLY REFERS TO ROMANTIC OBSESSIONS? I HAVE NO TIME FOR ROMANCE. ALL THAT MATTERS IS MY FRIENDSHIP WITH MY OWNER. SHE MUST COME HERE. SHE MUST STAY FOREVER.
- The Animal Crossing version of Ganon has Len Carlson's Ganon voice from the DiC Zelda cartoon. Also, he does all the Card-Carrying Villain behaviors even though he's really not that evil. Other villagers find him weird for it.