Some pages have a message saying "for the best effect, play this music while reading." For me, listen to the two leitmotifs Bluethorn chose for me, Super Paper Mario - Dimentio, Charming Magician and Undertale - Memory
Hello, everyone! I'm DrNoPuma, but you can just call me Puma.
In case you're wondering where my username comes from, it actually has nothing to do with Dr. No. It's a nickname my parents call me because one time, when I was signing up for another website, I wanted my username to be Dr. Puma because I like pumas and other big cats, and I sometimes likes to act like a Mad Scientist. Where the No part came from, I don't remember.
I want to work in the entertainment industry, and I'm especially interested in art, animation, and storywriting. However, I'm not sure yet which medium I want to work in. Still, I dream of my own works getting pages on This Very Wiki someday!
I go to many different parts of the wiki, but I can usually be found on the Trope Launch Pad, or on the Just for Fun threads in the Forums, especially Forum Games.
If you've seen some of my work on this wiki before reading this, or you read the information below, you may have noticed that I have some sort of affinity for clowns, circuses, and similar things. I can't really explain why... looking through my old drawings and stuff, it seems that I liked clowns ever since I was a little kid. There's just something about the bright colors and fun personalities that I like.
- The Adventures of Figaro Pho
- The Bad Unicorn Trilogy
- Echo Falls Mysteries
- Flawed Dogs
- Harvey Rothman
- Haunt The House
- Hobo Bros
- Mr. Nutz
- The Old Man of the Mountain
- Sebastian Darke
- Snoopy vs. the Red Baron
- Warren the 13th
- Casino Episode
- Circus Synths
- Clam Trap
- Clingy Aquatic Life
- Clocks of Control
- Creepy High-Pitched Voice
- Creepy Jazz Music
- Dreams vs. Nightmares
- Evil Puppeteer
- Fade Around the Eyes
- Fat Flex
- Foul Flower
- Funny Octopus (taken over from Morgenthaler as part of a split from Everything's Squishier with Cephalopods)
- Genial Giraffe
- Jungle Jazz
- King Koopa Copy
- Lovable Lizard
- Magical Clown
- Monstrous Seal
- Perplexing Pearl Production
- Pirate Song
- Psycho Poodle
- Regal Ruff
- Repulsive Ringmaster (the first trope page I started. I'm so proud of it. XD)
- Robot Clown
- Sinister Tango Music
- Sweet Seal
- Warm-Hearted Walrus
- Wicked Heart Symbol
- Wily Walrus
- Wrong Restaurant
- Xylophones for Walking Bones (taken over from Killergazebo)
Noteworthy forum threads that I created
(NOTE: Titles in bold are my top favorites.
Anime & Manga
- Chargeman Ken! (So Bad, It's Good)
- Samurai Pizza Cats
- Studio Ghibli's films (I've only seen Spirited Away and The Wind Rises, though. Both were good, though I liked the former more.)
Film - AnimatedFirst of all, Stop Motion in general, although I love all forms of animation. Now, for more specific movies... :P
- All of Aardman Animations' work, especially the Wallace & Gromit series.
- The Book of Life
- Captain Underpants: The First Epic Movie
- Cartoon Saloon:
- Corpse Bride
- The Disney Animated Canon in general, but especially:
- The Aristocats
- Beauty and the Beast (the live-action remake was good too.)
- The Emperor's New Groove
- The Fox and the Hound
- The Jungle Book (the live-action remake was good too.)
- The Lion King
- Sleeping Beauty (I like Maleficent, but not Maleficent.)
- Wreck-It Ralph (haven't seen the sequel)
- Laika's work, especially The Boxtrolls and Kubo and the Two Strings
- Kung Fu Panda
- The LEGO Movie (haven't seen the spinoff films or sequel)
- The Nightmare Before Christmas
Film - Live-Action
- Galaxy Quest
- It's a Wonderful Life
- Marvel Cinematic Universe (especially the Guardians of the Galaxy duology and Spider-Man: Homecoming)
- Monty Python and the Holy Grail
- National Lampoon's Vacation, but especially National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation
- The Princess Bride
- Star Wars (I've seen movies IV through VIII)
- The Truman Show
- The Bible
- Choose Your Own Adventure
- Secret Series
- The Wingfeather Saga
- Young Bond
- A Series of Unfortunate Events (2017)
- America's Funniest Home Videos
- Bill Nye the Science Guy
- The Goldbergs
- Good Eats
- The Jack Benny Program
- Monty Python's Flying Circus
MusicFavorite musicians by genre:
- Classical: I can't decide on a single favorite, but oddly enough, I seem to like Russian composers the most (Tchaikovsky, Rachmaninoff, Shostakovich, etc.)
- Country: John Denver (Hey Fallout fans, Country Roads is a great song, but you know Denver has other songs besides that, right? :P)
- Jazz: Cab Calloway and Louis Armstrong
- Pop: Owl City
- Soul: Adele
- Soundtrack: Danny Elfman
- Brawl in the Family: I'm not really following any current webcomics anymore, but I still love this one.
Web Video & Web Animation
- Game Grumps
- Jerma985 (and not just because of Rat Movie, although that is what got me into his channel.)
- Lazy Game Reviews
- Musical Hell
- Ratboy Genius
- Sr. Pelo
- YouTube Poop
- The Amazing World of Gumball
- Courage the Cowardly Dog
- Classic Disney Shorts (My favorite out of the classic characters is Goofy, in case you were wondering. I especially like his 1950's shorts.)
- Regular Show
- Silly Symphonies
- Spongebob Squarepants
- Charlie Adler
- Mel Blanc
- Billy Bletcher
- Corey Burton
- Christine Cavanaugh
- Jim Cummings
- John DiMaggio
- Paul Frees
- Tom Kenny
- Doug Lawrence
- Tress Macneille
- Frank Welker
- Classical Mythology and Egyptian Mythology. I'm also interested in Norse, Celtic, and a few other cultures' mthology, but Greek and Egypt are the ones I know most about (although I've been especially into Egypt lately. My favorite god is Set.)
- Some of William Shakespeare's plays, especially Hamlet (the climax of the Kenneth Branagh movie is just hilarious) and A Midsummer Night's Dream.
And there are probably many others, but I just can't think of them right now.
And there are many, many works that I want to see, whether they've already been released or not. I used to have a list of these works, but I got tired of updating it.
- Aristocrats Are Evil / Corrupt Corporate Executive: I'm putting these together because I love them for the same reason. While they are used a lot, I never get tired of them. These characters can just be so entertaining.
- Big Good / The Good King: It's always comforting when a work has one of these, especially when it's very dark and the Big Good is one of the few positive characters.
- Cold-Blooded Torture: I don't really like this trope... it's kind of hard to explain. This scenario is terrifying to me. I'm much more afraid of any kind of drawn-out suffering than I am of death. So when a villain does this to an innocent character, it's an effective way for the villain to cross the Moral Event Horizon. Absolutely terrifying.
- Creepy Circus Music: I love this trope so much, I contributed the page quote, along with several examples (mostly in the Animated Film and Video Game folders)
- Creepy Cute: I love all sorts of cute things, but this is one of the best types of cute.
- Dark Is Not Evil: My Favorite Trope. While I do love Light Is Good, Dark Is Evil, and Light Is Not Good as well, I really love this trope.
- Dark Reprise: Especially when they're villain songs.
- Evil Laugh: I never get tired of hearing these, and I am often disappointed if the villain doesn't do one.
- Evil Sounds Raspy: For some reason, I just really love villains with craggy voices. I just love the sound of it for some reason. Take Dr. Nefarious for example]].
- Gentle Giant: Especially when they all under Dark Is Not Evil as well.
- Heroic Sacrifice: I love how emotional these moments can be, and I love how they make it clear that a character is absolutely good.
- Herr Doktor: I don't know why, but I just love this stereotype. German accents are so pleasant to listen to when they're being used with this type of character. It works for mad scientists, but I like friendly German scientists even more. Case in point, Albert Einstein. He had such a nice voice.
- Knight Templar: These characters can be absolutely terrifying, and I love it.
- Laser-Guided Karma: Very satisfying.
- Messianic Archetype and Satanic Archetype: I love imagery like this.
- Ominous Pipe Organ: One of the coolest musical instruments ever.
- Orchestral Bombing: I really like dark orchestral music.
- Tragic Villain: A big favorite of mine. See The Woobie below.
- Traitor Shot: It's just cool.
- Villain Song: They tend to be my favorite songs in most musicals. My favorite one is probably "Poor Unfortunate Souls."
- The Woobie: Although I already have a Favorite Trope above, this is also a big favorite trope for me. I just like sad things. :')
- Animals: Big cats in general, foxes, wolves, hyenas, bears, weasels, mice, rats, bats, walruses, seals, octopuses, crabs, jellyfish, starfish, vultures, owls, peacocks, ducks, and many others.
- Colors: Orange, white, red, blue, green, and purple.
- Monsters: Ghosts, Things That Go "Bump" in the Night, skeletons, pumpkin people, werecreatures, aliens, cryptids (such as Sasquatch, chupacabras, etc.), kitsunes, and most monsters from Greek mythology (especially the chimera and the Minotaur)
- Elemental Powers: Light (particularly Star Power), water, ice, electricity, air, plants, and poison.
- Musical instruments: Pipe organ, music box, piano, calliope, violin/cello/etc, and accordion.
- Music genres: Classical, jazz, and soundtracks for movies/video games/etc. I'll listen to almost anything, though.
- Other genres: Comedy, fantasy, adventure, action, mystery, and musical (mainly for the Villain Songs).
My aestheticsSince I've started asking people here what sort of aesthetics they like, I'm gonna list some of my own here:
- Stars, the moon, cosmos, etc. I especially love The Face of the Sun and The Man in the Moon.
- Circuses, amusement parks, casinos, movie theaters, etc.
- The Jester. All the colorful charm of a circus clown, but more elegant and magical.
- Music boxes and other mechanical musical instruments, as well as clocks, clockworks, and similar creations.
- Stop Motion and puppets (all kinds of puppets, from the Muppets to old-fashioned marionettes)
- Coral reefs and other tropical locations.
- 90's/early 2000's computer games, particularly Edutainment Games and point-and-click adventure games. Basically, the kinds of games that Brutalmoose reviews.
- Non-Human Head. I'm not really sure why, but I love this kind of design.
- Disney and Fleischer cartoons from the 30's, and all of the tropes associated with them.
- Berserk Button: I want to keep this page positive, but... there are a few things that really bother me. For example: "Ok but", "No but you don't understand" and similar phrases when used online. To be fair, I don't see these much aside from screencapped Tumblr posts, but I still really hate this attitude. It's like they're trying really hard to be random and quirky, but it's just so egotistical. I've probably said a lot of egotistical things online too, but... I dunno. I guess I just hate people being rude in general...
- Big Eater: I don't like food... I LOVE it. I have so many favorite foods that I can't decide on one, and my parents have often joked about how much I eat (although I'm far from being the only big eater in my family.)
- Complexity Addiction: When it comes to art, I often come up with several ideas, most of which aren't practical. I am not good with functionality, I'm better with visual aesthetics.
- The Ditherer: So, so much. It's most obvious with my avatars: I can't decide at all which one I want to use, and I usually switch every couple hours. This also applies to many other things, like how I'll often side with the first opinion I hear, unless I really disagree with it.
- The Ditz: I see myself as this. I misunderstand almost everything, I stumble a lot while talking and have trouble thinking of what to say... yeah. At least on here, I can play it down as something funny.
- Everyone Is Jesus in Purgatory: I like to find deeper meanings in works, even ones that are just meant to be silly. See this for example.
- Funny Character, Boring Actor: I like acting like a Large Ham on here, but I'm actually much more quiet and reserved in real life. For some reason, I find it easier to speak my mind when I'm typing than when I'm talking. But you wanna know how online!me and real!me are alike? We're both pretty optimistic, and we're both idiots.
- Giggling Villain: My parents and siblings sometimes joke that my laugh sounds creepy, though I'm much better at doing a creepy little chuckle than a full-on, loud laugh. Still, I do it every time I don't think anyone can hear me.
- Gosh Dang It to Heck!: I do this a lot. "Crap" is the only word I commonly use that even comes close to being a curse word. I don't mind when other people curse, though.
- Holiday Mode: As TropesForever says, "Exaggerated. Any time within 12 months of Halloween is a good time for a Halloween avatar!" Which describes my attitude very well.
- The Hyena: Almost anything will make me laugh. I was in a Drama class one year in school, and when the members of each group were evaluating the other members, this is what his group had to say about me: "You have to stop laughing at all the lines." (Or something like that.) I don't laugh very loud, though.
- Innocently Insensitive: I've sometimes been known to unwittingly offend people. If I do this again, please know that I didn't mean it, and I am very sorry.
- Major Injury Underreaction: Inverted when I was a kid, but played straight nowadays. To be fair, I haven't had any terrible injuries in a long time, but now, for injuries that would have made me sob when I was a kid, you'll get nothing but a slightly panicked, but still quiet "Oh geez" out of me. :P
- Myers Briggs: INFP, according to a quiz.
- Neutral Good: According to a quiz.
- Nightmare Retardant: To me, any Ominous Music Box Tune is this. I just love music boxes and their beautiful sound so much that it's impossible for me to be scared of them.
- No Social Skills: This is why I describe myself as a Funny Character, Boring Actor. I don't know why, but it's just so much easier for me to speak my mind when I'm typing than actually talking.
- Non-Indicative Name: Unfortunately, I am not a puma or a doctor. I'm also not Dr. No (although I have seen a few other 007 movies, and I like them.)
- Pungeon Master: I love Incredibly Lame Puns, and I try to use them whenever possible.
- Real Men Wear Pink: According to Raspy Mink, who tells me not to be ashamed of it. Yeah, I guess it's not really "manly" to like things like clowns, music boxes, cute animals... so what? :P
- Running Gag: I like to quote certain characters, such as Darth Vader. "Search your feelings, you know it to be true" and "He will join us or die" are my favorites.
- Screw Destiny: Downplayed. This is usually my attitude when playing video games. Whenever possible, I will try to go places I'm not supposed to, ignore directionsnote I'll also ignore enemies or players trying to kill me, or if I choose to fight them and they kill me, I refuse to believe it. I had them. :P I'm not a bold person in real life, though.
- Songs of Solace: I'm very fond of music, and listening to relaxing music is often the best way to calm me down when I'm stressed.
- Tropers: The Series: Puma and a whole slew of NPCs.
- We Have All Become Pokémon: Bailey the Drifloon
- We Are All Pirates' Revenge: Melvin Marcel the rat, Captain Flamebeard, Captain Pollock
- We're a Family of Ghost Hunters: Matthew Bianco, Masakh
- We're Animals in a Post-Apocalyptic World: Jack the hyena
Past ones that I remember:
- Hypnos (Dragons)
- Erik (Space Mercenaries)
- Boreas (original Pirates thread)
- Felis (League of Villains)
- Scarface (the Ventriloquist's puppet) has the Rat Voice. (See the "Other" folder.)
- All of the bosses (or maybe even all the enemies in general) in The Great Cave Offensive run on Blue and Orange Morality. They all see Kirby as an intruder, and consider killing him the "right" thing to do, and most of them are quite cheerful about it.
- Joka is a cross between an Eclipse and a Death Moo.
- Headcanon voice for Nightmare Klonoa: Japanese Darla Dimple (she does sound a lot like Klonoa in this dub, doesn't she?)
The Nightmare Before Christmas
- The Easter Bunny didn't die. Lock, Shock, and Barrel did take it to Oogie Boogie and offered it to him, but instead, he got mad at them for kidnapping the wrong guy, and demanded that they bring Santa, just like Jack did.
Super Mario Bros.
- Birdo is female. I prefer that interpretation because it's the simplest.
Team Fortress 2
- The Pyro is Italian.note
TinkerQuarry Headcanon voices:
- Staya: Funtime Freddy or Molten Freddy, but without the stuttering.
- Peter: Markiplier, using his quiet voice.
- Odette: Navi
- Walter: Lester
- Ire: Piglet, or any John Fiedler character, really
- Sera: Zira
- Glass Dragon: Mufasa
- Whiskers: Wander, or any Jack McBrayer character, really
- Skid: Lucas The Spider
- Lori: Dot
- Clint: Phoebus
- Wilson: The Tattletale Strangler
- Stella: The Stitch Sisters (just one of them, that is. :P)
- Tenor: A Tom Kenny-like voice, but I can't think of a specific character yet.
- Camime: Fifi La Fume
- Charles: Red's voice in this fandub
- Hadrosaur Twins: The Soldier
- These are the voices that I imagine each character having:
- Flowey: Me (see Soft-Spoken Sadist in "Tropes that apply to me."
- Toriel: I'm really not sure. Just give her a beautiful, gentle voice and I'm fine. It's just too bad I can't do that kind of voice myself. :P
- Napstablook: I can't think of a specific character right now, but for some reason, I imagine him having a Surfer Dude voice. Maybe Mordecai?
- Sans: TropesForever
- Papyrus: I'm really not sure, but I am sure that he's British. For some reason. :P
- Undyne: Lord Dominator
- Alphys: Peridot (This was Troper No. 9001's idea)
- Mettaton: I mean, technically, he already has a voice.
- Asgore: Mufasa
- Chara: I would probably just do the same voice for them that I do for Flowey. :P
- Omega Flowey: The Flowey voice, but deeper.
- Asriel: Russell, maybe?
- Asriel's One-Winged Angel forms: Sr Pelo's voices for them
- Temmie: Unikitty
- Nice Cream Man: Fix-it Felix
- Burgerpants: Rigby
- Monster Kid: The kid who says "That was totally wicked!"
- Muffet: Harley Quinn
- Bratty and Catty: Like, basically just the typical Valley Girl voice. But, like, Bratty's voice is totally deeper than Catty's.
- Onionsan: Toad (this was Troper No 9001's idea too)
- So Sorry: Thomas the 18th Century Boy
Wouldn't you like to see something strange?
- Leitmotifs for other tropers (An idea borrowed from Revaryk)
- Arcada188: Death by Juramour
- Anza_sb: Clocks
- Arimothereindeer: Osomatsu-kun theme
- Bisected8: Overwatch - Victory theme
- Bluethorn: Shipwreck Creek - Yooka-Laylee
- Cabe_Bedlam: Klonoa 2 - Hyuponia
- Cailleach: Bach's Prelude in C
- CaliburnAbsoluteEX: Night in the Woods Title theme (Will think of something better later)
- Dauthium_Silencer: Rocket Jump Waltz
- DefRevenge24601: Sunny Samoa
- Eevee Girl Chey: Stayin' Alive - the Bee Gees
- The Gamechanger: The Ultimate Showdown
- Graf Von Tirol: MEDIC!
- The Great Unknown: FNAF 3 - Mangle's Quest
- Heather: The battle theme from Superstar Saga.
- I-Teleported-Bread: Dapper Cadaverreason
- Kablammin45: The music from Knick Knack
- Keiron Cioran: Rachmaninoff: Piano Concerto No. 2reason
- Murataku: Plastic Man theme
- President Stalkeyes: Momma Tyhrranoid
- Random Writer 413: It's Gonna Get Weird
- Revaryk: Ocarina of Time - Water Temple
- Sedmikrasky: Hmm... maybe Ruby Quest - Just Kidding
- Spottedleaf: My Lullaby
- Taco Badger: Cuphead - Murine Corps (because rodents. :P I'll think of something better later.)
- Totally Not An Alien: Neptune the Mystic
- Tre: Noisemaster's theme
- Troper No 9001: Route 1 from the Pokemon series (Any version could work, I just like this particular version)
- Tropes Forever: Christmas Time is Here
- Vengeful Bale: Fire Emblem Theme (Brawl)
- Zanreo: Super Mario World - Athletic Theme
Sorry if I haven't put you on the list yet. If I haven't, just ask, and I'll try and think of something for you.
Headcanon voices for tropersIn which I try to imagine real people with the voices of cartoon characters. :P Again. Keep in mind that this is a WIP. I'll add more people later.
- Bluethorn: Kass (based on the few sounds he makes. I'll try and think of something better. :P)
- Eevee Girl Chey: ???
- Emperor_Ing: ???
- The Great Unknown: Phone Guy. Sorry, Unknown, but for whatever reason, I Can't Un-Hear It.
- Heather: Isabelle, in this video
- I-Teleported-Bread: Clawhauser, maybe?
- Penroses: Either Mr. Hippo or Principal of the Thing
- President Stalkeyes: Lawrence, maybe? Sorry to give you the most stereotypical British accent, I'm still trying to decide which specific accent I imagine you having. :P
- Taco Badger: ???
- Tre: Berd
- Troper No 9001: An older Lilo
- Tropes Forever: Ringo Starr
- Vengeful Bale: Voltaire?
Things that probably aren't tropeworthy, but I wish they were
- Cone Clown Hat: When it's not a Happy Harlequin Hat, clowns usually wear cone-shaped hats, often with buttons. Like the one that Pierrot is sometimes shown with. Camime and Mrs. Sunshine (the latter suggested by Tropes Forever) have it too.
- The Rat Voice: Fictional rats all seem to have the same voice: a high-pitched, raspy male voice, sometimes with an American accent. See Dirty Rat, Remus, Cluny the Scourge, and Big Cheese for example. Rizzo the Rat (also suggested by TropesForever) is a friendlier version.
- Colorful Whiplash (name pending. :P): Similar to Dastardly Whiplash, but more colorful and flamboyant, as described here.
- Big Evil Ham: Basically just a combination of Evil Is Hammy and Boisterous Bruiser (and often Fat Bastard too.) This is another common type of cartoonish villain that I like. Examples include Pete, Bowser, Oogie Boogie.note , Dr. Robotnik again, and Ursula (for a rare female example.)