Burton is an incredibly talented mimic and has voiced sound-alikes and original characters for over 50 Disney Storyteller records or games. His roles include:
- Ludwig Von Drake
- Dale and Zipper in Chip 'n Dale: Rescue Rangers
- Gruffi Gummi and Toadwart in Adventures of the Gummi Bears (following the death of Bill Scott).
- Sigmund Brock in American Dragon: Jake Long.
- Ranger Woodlore, Captain Hook, Grumpy, Chernabog, the Horned King, Zeus, and several other characters from House of Mouse.
- Mole in Atlantis: The Lost Empire and Atlantis: Milo's Return.
- Onus in Treasure Planet
- Captain Hook in Return To Never Land and Jake And The Neverland Pirates
- Dale, Yen Sid, Captain Hook, Sark, MCP, Shan Yu, Frollo, Flotsam and Jetsam, and the White Rabbit in the Kingdom Hearts series
- Narrator in Goofy appearances (1992-present)
- Mr. Werks in How Things Werk (one of the mini-segments from One Saturday Morning)
- V.V. Argost and Leonidas Van Rook in The Secret Saturdays
- Zeus in Hercules: The Animated Series, God of War, and Playstation All Stars Battle Royale
- Old Queeks in Mike, Lu & Og
- Hugo Strange in Batman: Arkham City and LEGO DC Super-Villains.
- Jaga in Thundercats 2011.
- The wizard Specules and the narrator in Korgoth of Barbaria.
- A few voices in Sym-Bionic Titan, such as the army commander Lance shares a swordfight with.
- King Mumbo Jumbo in ChalkZone.
- Quarrie and Eesh Fahm in Star Wars Rebels.
- Malware in Ben 10: Omniverse. He also voiced several other characters in this series, including V.V. Argost in a Role Reprise, during a crossover episode.
- General Knowledge in Cranium Command
- A judge, a cop, and a farmer in Disneyland's Mr. Toad's Wild Ride
- Captain Hook and Mr. Smee in Disneyland's version of Peter Pan's Flight
- The Fish in Islands of Adventure's The Cat in the Hat
- Wilbur The Wombeast on Sofia the First
- Various characters in Treasure Planet: Battle at Procyon, including: Optoc, Cragorian and Macriki crew members.
- Starlab Controller Jerry Lyden and additional roles in the sci-fi radio show Alien Worlds.
- The title character of Captain Sturdy.
- The Narrator of Machete and Machete Kills
- James Bond Jr. in James Bond Jr.
- Rotten Ralph's cousin Percy and Mr. Fred in the animated special based on the Rotten Ralph book Not-So-Rotten Ralph
- Dracula in Avengers, Assemble!, Ultimate Spider-Man, and Hulk and the Agents of S.M.A.S.H..
In addition, Burton has done extensive voice work for Disney including feature animations, theme parks, interactive sections of the company, and attractions at the Disneyland Resort, Walt Disney World Resort, and Tokyo Disney Resort. In fact, regarding the Floridian resort, he was also one of two narrators in a 1990s PC application called The Walt Disney World Explorer, which was a Point-and-Click "edutainment" title that had slideshows, videos, audio descriptions and even a trivia side game that was all about Disney World. Over at the Californian resort, he provides the announcements for the Mickey and Friends Tram. He also provides the "Feature Presentation" voice on numerous Disney videos. He also overdubbed the voice of Fantasia MC Deems Taylor for the 2000 60th Anniversary Edition DVD release onwards, as Taylor's original soundtrack had deteriorated.
Burton is also known to audiences for his role as Brainiac in the DC animated universe. He appeared as Brainiac in six episodes of Superman: The Animated Series, two episodes of Static Shock, two episodes of Justice League, five episodes of Justice League Unlimited. While not part of the DCAU, he reprised this role in three episodes of Legion of Super-Heroes, as well as in the MMO DC Universe Online.
Burton is also known to Star Wars fans as the audio double for Christopher Lee as Count Dooku in Star Wars: Clone Wars and several Star Wars video games (likewise for Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories, doubling over for Lee as DiZ from Kingdom Hearts II and Birth By Sleep). He appeared as Ziro the Hutt and General Lothsome in the Star Wars: The Clone Wars pilot film and also appeared as Captain Mar Tuuk and Cad Bane and reprised his roles as Count Dooku, Ziro The Hutt, and General Lothsome in the series. When Sir Christopher Lee was brought in to record for the Star Wars: The Clone Wars pilot film, he was so impressed with Corey's impersonation of him that he wondered why he even needed to record for the pilot film. He even used his Lee impression for a few other roles, including Hugo Strange and another Lee character in the Marvel Universe shows, Dracula.
Also well-known to the Transformers universe as the voice of Shockwave, Sunstreaker, Brawn and Spike Witwicky in The Transformers . Almost a quarter of a century later, he reprised the role of Shockwave and Spike, as well as assuming the roles of Megatron, Ratchet, and Ironhide in Transformers Animated. He was considered by Michael Bay to reprise his role as Shockwave for Transformers: Dark of the Moon, but Burton ultimately declined, citing a busy schedule and a general disinterest in blockbusters. note
He's also played dozens of characters on Adventures in Odyssey, his most frequent as Edwin's assistant Walter Shakespeare, and is currently one of the main voices for Robert Rodriguez's new El Rey Network.