(Picture of how I appear in Tropers: The Series)
Hi. I'm ridiculously passionate about the things I love. My username is taken from my favorite character in Warrior Cats. I enjoy roleplaying, writing, and musical theatre. Oh, and I'm a gal, if you were curious.
Works I enjoy:
Sweeney Todd- a rare case where I prefer the film to the stage version. I like the dark atmosphere.
Carrie (as well as both the 1976 and 2013 film versions.)
...and many, many others that will be added later.
Some info about me that doesn't fit under tropes:
- Hogwarts House: Slytherin
- Patronus: Leopard
- Bending Element: Water
- Zodiac: Leo/Tiger
- Myers-Briggs Thingy: ISFP
- I have Asperger's Syndrome, Generalized Anxiety Disorder, and ADHD.
- I prefer cold weather to hot weather, as I'm better at resisting the former.
- I am a Roman Catholic.
And since everyone else seems to be doing this, the three characters that best describe me are: Caitlin Snow (intelligent, blunt, a bit ambitious, typically nice so long as you don't get on my bad side, and very unlucky in love); Newt Scamander (eccentric, socially awkward, better with animals than with people); and Audrey Fulquard (a hopeless romantic, fairly innocent in terms of overall outlook, and addicted to sweet and cute things.)
- Asexuality- My sexual preference is "nope!" To be precise, I'm heteroromantic asexual.
- Berserk Button- Mentioning Autism Speaks in a positive context, or implying autism is caused by vaccines, or using it as an insult.
- On a lighter note, mentioning the Evil!Spottedleaf AU in a positive light is bound to tick me off, as Canon!Nice!Spottedleaf is the character in Warriors I relate to most (and a major comfort character to boot) and I'm sick of how popular the AU has become- seriously, I can't even Google her without it coming up. Just...It's fine if you like the Evil Spottedleaf AU, but please don't bring it up around me.
- In general, don't bash characters I'm a fan of unless you're stating something that's actually valid. Saying you dislike Bellatrix because she's cruel? Fine and dandy, and accurate. Saying you hate Caitlin Snow because SnowBarry shippers are annoying? Not fine, and a pathetic excuse for hating her.
- Camp Straight- I guess I could be a rare female example, whatever you'd call that. I've thought of getting a boy-short haircut, I don't like wearing skirts most of the time, and I frequently gush about how beautiful other women are- but I'm only attracted to men.
- Cat Girl- Haha, I wish. I do sometimes joke that I'm part cat, though, since I can see in the dark pretty well and I get along well with cats. And occasionally I'll wear fake cat ears.
- Cloudcuckoolander- I'm known as the weird one in my friend groups.
- Does Not Like Shoes- I basically only wear shoes if I'm in a public place or if I have to go outside. I don't like the way they feel.
- Does Not Like Spam/ Picky Eater- My Asperger's comes with taste sensitivity, which leaves me with a lot of different foods I can't eat- but my worst are stuffing, most potato products, and peppers.
- The Empath- I feel a lot of empathy for basically everyone. It's not quite on superpower-levels, but it can be very overwhelming and it's both a blessing and a curse.
- Fragile Flower- My feelings can be pretty delicate.
- Glurge Addict- It is EXTREMELY rare for me to find something "too cutesy" or "sickeningly" sweet. As such, unless the cutesy thing is masking darker intentions, like ableism or other bigotry, there's a good chance I'll latch onto it no matter how cheesy it may be. It's the reason I can't outright hate things aimed at little girls or are over-the-top inspiring- heck, I even kind of like some Lisa Frank merchandise.
- Innocently Insensitive- Sometimes.
- Kindhearted Cat Lover- I'm a pretty nice person, and I do love cats.
- Loon with a Heart of Gold- Even though I'm the "weird one" in my friend group and am pretty eccentric, I'm usually pretty nice.
- Nervous Wreck- I'm a fairly anxious person, and I catastrophize quite a bit. This is partially due to my Generalized Anxiety Disorder, but stressful situations only make it even worse.
- Nice Girl- I'm a pretty kind person.
- No Social Skills- A side effect of my Asperger's syndrome.
- Not Good with People- I still like people, but cats are much easier to understand.
- Super Senses- A side effect of my Asperger's syndrome. Contrary to what fiction may suggest, it mostly sucks.
- That Came Out Wrong- To the point that some have compared me to Felicity Smoak from Arrow.
- Amnesiac Villain Joins the Heroes
- An Ice Person
- The Atoner
- The Cutie
- HeelFace Turn
- The Ingenue
- I Want My Beloved to Be Happy
- Reformed, but Rejected
- Word-Salad Humor
BONUS: Favorite Villain Tropes
It feels weird categorizing these under "tropes I like" because I feel like that may suggest some semblance of approval, but here are some of my favorite tropes for villains.
- Entitled to Have You/ Villainous Crush/ Yandere- I find villains that fall under this to be absolutely horrifying when done right. Judge Claude Frollo and Zoom stand out as particularly scary ones to me, but they aren't the only ones.
- The Fundamentalist- But usually only if the heroes are also religious. I find religious fanatic antagonists particularly terrifying because I'm a religious person myself, and it scares me to think I could have ended up like them.
- Villain Protagonist- When done well, they can be really entertaining characters, particularly if they're pitted against another villain. Some of my favorites are Roxie Hart from Chicago and Sweeney Todd.
- Cats Are Mean- It's overdone, ESPECIALLY in animation, and it's simply not true (I've met far more mean dogs than I have mean cats.)
- Cessation of Existence- It's literally my worst fear.
- Hollywood Autism- If you're writing an autistic character, PLEASE do your research. And said research should include more than just the textbook definition.
- Predators Are Mean- Even as a kid, this one annoyed me. Animals like hawks and cats have to eat meat to survive because they can't produce their own taurine. It's not their fault, and that shouldn't automatically make them villains. (There was a Powerpuff Girls episode that especially annoyed me due to portraying a hawk in this manner.)
- Ron the Death Eater
Caitlin 'Cait' Snow/(Killer) Frost
- Adaptational Heroism- Unlike most incarnations of Killer Frost, shes a straight-up superhero- although she doesnt think of herself as such. Also noteworthy in that, while shes primarily based on Frosts Arrowverse incarnation, she does not have a split personality.
- Ambiguous Disorder- Like most characters I play or write, she comes across as having a few autistic traits. Eventually I just decided that she did, in fact, have Asperger's (though to be fair, I headcanon Earth 1 Caitlin as having Asperger's as well.)
- An Ice Person -Well, yeah. It kinda comes with the territory.
- Boyish Short Hair - She wears her hair in a very short cut, with only the bangs being long.
- Did You Think I Can't Feel?- She is much more sensitive than she lets on.
- Gosh Dangit to Heck- She doesn't swear out loud, though her internal monologue involves a lot of cursing, which is usually indicated through Curse Cut Short or Symbol Swearing.
- Emotionless Girl- She goes out of her way not to show her emotions out of fear that shell just get hurt again.
- Emotion Suppression- One of her defining traits.
- Good is Not Nice/Jerk With a Heart of Gold- She's not always immediately easy to talk to, but she has a good soul.
- Heroic Self-Deprecation- She engages in this, believing that shes not a good person and doesnt deserve nice things.
- I Let Gwen Stacy Die- She blames herself for the death of Cisco Ramon, who was her boyfriend in this verse.
Kelpdapple (ITT: We Are All Sea Creatures)
- Sweeney Todd The Demon Barber of Fleet Street:
- Sweenett (Sweeney Todd/Eleanor Lovett): Honestly, it's hard for me to NOT ship these two. Mrs. Lovett's affection for him is somehow creepy and adorable at the same time!
- Johanthony (Johanna and Anthony): So pure! Anthony just wants to give this pretty girl a good life! How could I disagree with that?
- The Flash (2014):
- Westallen (Barry and Iris): These two are so adorable! I've always shipped them, but I became an even bigger fan of them after Barry proposed to her by singing a song he'd written.
- Killervibe (Caitlin and Cisco): I started shipping these two in season 3. I'm okay with them being just friends, but I also think they'd make a very healthy couple due to just how supportive they are of each other.
- The Phantom of the Opera:
- Raoul and Christine: Seriously, these two set the standard for what I want in a relationship. I want to find my Raoul, someone who'll guard me and guide me and all that. These two are so healthy and sweet and I LOVE them. (Love Never dies is not canon fight me.)
- Bluestar: Galadriel
- Spottedleaf: Luna Lovegood
- Firestar: Young!Hercules
- Sandstorm: Erza Scarlet (English Dub; I haven't watched much of Fairy Tail but I can't get that voice out of my head)
- Graystripe: Flik from A Bug's Life
- Leopardstar: Azula
- Tigerstar: Rameses from The Prince of Egypt
- Silverstream: Esmeralda
- Cinderpelt: Judy Hopps
- Yellowfang: Moro from the English dub of Princess Mononoke
- Brightheart: Sophie, from the English dub of Howl's Moving Castle
- Mapeshade: Eris from Sinbad: Legend of the Seven Seas
Most of these are from musicals.
- Keiron Cioran: Do You Hear the People Sing?
- Eevee Girl Chey: Frank Mills
- Bisected 8: What Baking Can Do
- Ozbourne: The Ad-dressing of Cats
- Dr No Puma: Bustopher Jones: The Cat About Town (he seems like a character you'd like)
- Autistic Alivia: It Roars
- Vengeful Bale: The Music of the Night
- Emperor Ing: I'm Alive (the lyrics sound just enough like an eldritch abomination for it to fit your love of them)
- Bluethorn: Now and For Always