No Social Skills, which, combined with her gloomy personality, will give off a creepy aura. She frequently has trouble talking to people, either being too shy to speak or devolving into uncertain stuttering. Because of this, it's common for her to have no friends. Personality-wise, she's either deadpan or overly emotional, with a poor control on her moods.
She will often have some sort of socially unsightly interest or hobby, such as the occult, building a fantasy daydream universe in her head or Otaku culture. In the latter case, she may go the full stereotype route and be a Hikkikomori. She might very well also grow up to become a Crazy Cat Lady.
Besides these common personality traits and characteristics, the Creepy Loner Girl also has a rather specific appearance as well. She will dress in frumpy and often dark-colored clothing, and care little for her appearance. Her hair will be disheveled and usually long and dark in color as well, to contrast with her pale skin. Creepy Shadowed Undereyes are a must, as are Dull Eyes of Unhappiness. Overall, her appearance suggests sleep deprivation, which is often exactly the case. She will be frequently described as unattractive, although more often than not, she will still look cute to the audience. In fact, she may end up looking Creepy Cute.
This is an almost Always Female character trope mainly native to Japanese media. In internet circles, this archetype is sometimes known as "mojyo", which is Japanese for "unpopular girl".
Subtrope of Loners Are Freaks. Looks Like Cesare is the Spear Counterpart in terms of appearance, but not necessarily in personality. For characters whose shyness and social ineptitude makes them endearing instead of creepy, see Dandere. In a Four-Temperament Ensemble, she's the melancholic.
- Oka Ruu, the president (and sole remaining member) of the Supernatural Phenomena Science Club in Asobi Asobase. She's an incredibly creepy-looking girl with a Thousand-Yard Stare and a disturbingly enthusiastic interest in the occult who wears a witch hat to school, and whose idea of having fun involves bringing a doll to life through a curse and playing hide-and-seek with it. Her incredibly disquieting mannerisms and creepy mumbling don't help her case, either.
- Literature Girl in Daily Lives of High School Boys, who is tall with long dark hair. Whenever Hidenori sees her she's always alone writing in her notebook, and she has an elaborate imagined universe involving Hidenori romancing her. Hidenori is weirded out by this, and when he tries to talk to her, she runs away. Subverted in that she actually has plenty of friends at her own school, and only acts like a creepy loner when around Hidenori because she's embarrassed about her hobby and crush on him.
- Miranda Lotto from D.Gray-Man is an introverted, neurotic and friendless young woman wracked by a lifelong streak of bad luck. Being the Only Sane Woman in a town stuck in a never-ending "Groundhog Day" Loop probably doesn't help her mental health, and she tends to stay in as much as she can with her beloved grandfather clock. She also dresses in such plain, conservative outfits that she appears at least thirty years older than she actually is. She cleans up her act a little bit after becoming an Exorcist, starting to wear more relaxed outfits and Letting Her Hair Down, but her awkward and neurotic personality still stays, as do the baggy eyes.
- Gamers!: Chiaki Hoshinomori is an asocial gamer who most of her classmates consider rather awkward and creepy. That is, until Amano challenges himself to befriend her. After he does, the two of them become very close friends and she demonstrates a very cute and friendly personality in his presence. So much so that it makes Karen, who has a crush on Amano, incredibly jealous. Until the two of them wind up falling out due to their different tastes. On the urging of their mutual friend Uehara (who wants Chiaki to win the love triangle, she cuts her hair into a much cuter shape and later learns that Amano is actually an online crush she's had for years, making her fall in love with him all over again. Only this time, it's far too late because Amano and Tendou have started going steady.
- In Hunter × Hunter, Palm Siberia has long disheveled black hair and mostly keeps to herself, playing with her creepy mummified mermaid. Curiously enough, when Gon agrees to take her out on a date, She Cleans Up Nicely.
- Kuroki Tomoko, the main character of No Matter How I Look at It, It's You Guys' Fault I'm Not Popular! is an unattractive, friendless otaku with absolutely No Social Skills who stays up all night playing dating sims to compensate for her nonexistent social and love lives and daydreams about becoming popular.
- In Rurouni Kenshin Tomoe may qualify and it's justified. Her mother died after her brother was born and therefor become a "mother" and older sister overnight. She was also raised in a war-torn time in Japan and has experienced the death of many loved ones, making expressing emotions difficult for her. Just when she starts to get the hang of it she dies.
- Yamabuki Minami from Rokudou no Onna-tachi is an antisocial loan shark whose anemic condition leaves her with a pale and sleep-deprived appearance. She's also so painfully socially awkward (when she's not extorting people with threats of violence, that is) that she has trouble making payments at a grocery store.
- Fuwa Hyouka, also known as "Seaweed Girl", from Shimoneta, is a high school Mad Scientist with an interest in sexual reproduction. While she's not shy in the least, her comically deadpan behavior, perpetually sleep-deprived appearance and No Sense of Personal Space still make her an utter weirdo who keeps creeping out the protagonists.
- Tae Yamada from Zombieland Saga. A willowy zombie girl wearing a ragged black dress and looking like she tumbled straight out of a gothic horror story who, rather unfittingly for her waifish appearance, acts like an actual mindless, brain-eating zombie. She's been developing somewhat of a rudimentary personality, but she's still undoubtedly the most bestial of the girls.
- The Breakfast Club: Allison is an intentionally socially awkward emo girl. She rarely speaks, laughs at seemingly random times, and even makes art using the dandruff from her hair. Halfway through the detention session, the group finds out she hadn't even been assigned detention! Despite her off-putting behavior, she's really just lonely and socially inept and seeking a peer group.
- May Canady, the eponymous Villain Protagonist of May. A 28-year-old veterinary assistant, her only "friend" is her doll Suzie, her lazy eye (only recently fixed by her optometrist) having made her a target of mockery throughout her childhood that left her unable to make friends well into adulthood. Her two romantic interests, the hipster Adam and her co-worker Polly, both see her as a Manic Pixie Dream Girl, not realizing that her "quirky" qualities are actually signs of a seriously disturbed young woman until it is too late. She can be thought of as Carrie White if she didn't have telekinesis and instead grew up into a maladjusted adult; unsurprisingly, her actress Angela Bettis went on to play Carrie in the 2002 adaptation of such, and was cast in that film partly because of her performance here.
- Tharja from Fire Emblem Awakening is a gloomy dark mage known for her dark hexes, jealous personality and stalkerish interest in the protagonist. Unlike typical Creepy Loner Girls, however, she is also Ms. Fanservice.
- The "Hex Maniac" is a female trainer class in Pokémon who pinned the appearance part of the trope down to a T in Pokémon X and Y and Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire. Naturally, the fandom quickly attributed the personality traits to her too. The fact that she uses Ghost-type Pokémon probably helps. Hex Maniac is even the page image.
- Yandere Simulator: Oka Ruto, the Occult Club Leader. Shy, and insecure, Word of God calls her "creepy" and "spooky".
- Touko Fukawa from Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc is a textbook example of this trope. She's literally described as radiating "an aura of negativity", speaks with a pronounced stutter, and has never had any friends except for her pet stinkbug.note She comes off as offputting to others due to her being very obsessive and having a persecution complex, as well as never bathing. She wears a dark sailor fuku and has long, dark hair that is extremely frizzy when not in its usual braids.