OK, maybe it does. Dan Greennote (born February 7, 1975) is a California-born voice actor from New York who has worked for a number of studios, most notably 4Kids Entertainment and NYAV Post. His best-known roles are both "forms" of the title character in Yu-Gi-Oh!, and Knuckles in the Sonic X anime as well as in the games proper from 2005-2010. Somewhat more infamously, his voice can also be found in several Vídeo Brinquedo dubs and at least a few Hentai (though naturally he leaves the porn off his résumé).
Green is known for his three vocal ranges: normal, little kid, and Large and in Charge. The last one is especially notorious due to his Cheesy Awesome voice acting for Yami Yugi in Yu-Gi-Oh! propelling him to Internet stardom, putting him on par with Crispin Freeman, Scott McNeil, and Christopher Sabat as the Ensemble Big Guys of Voice Acting during the early to late 2000s.
In late 2011, tragedy struck when Green's wife, his fellow VA Michal Friedman, died from complications in giving birth to their twins (a boy and a girl), leaving him a widower with two new mouths to feed. This, coupled with the continuing decline of the NYC voice acting scene (4Kids shut down a few months later after years of hemorrhaging money), prompted Green to retire from voice acting for the foreseeable future. Thankfully, he seems to be doing better as he's now a voice over instructor at Edge Studios.
Has a vocal doppelgänger in the form of England's Martin Billany, a.k.a. Little Kuriboh of Yu-Gi-Oh! The Abridged Series fame.
Either Dan or someone with his name (it's a common name) inks/has inked comic books.
Notable roles from Dan Green:
- Administrator in Freedom Project
- Asato Tsuzuki in Descendants of Darkness
- Aya in Knight Hunters: Weiß Kreuz
- Black Claw in the 2004 Cutey Honey movie. He even sings a song in his Yami Yugi voice!
- Brandon/Prince Sky in Winx Club
- Chaos Dragon Gaav in Slayers NEXT
- Chosa in Legend of Himiko
- Count Vance in Queen's Blade
- The Emperor of Saint Evascureze, and a lot of background characters, in the 2005 version of the Outlanders OVA
- Genya in Giant Robo
- The Gotchi King in Let's Go! Tamagotchi
- Various characters in several Hentai works.
- Most famous is Temptation due to the "cluck like a chicken!" line.
- He usually goes under a pseudonym for these roles, so you'll have to do some research, or actually watch some dubbed Hentai, to find him (one of them is Tom Wilson). He's easily identifiable, though; listen for the Dramatic Monologue, as that's usually the time when Dan switches to his "Yami Yugi" voice.
- He also provided the voice for the guy in Step Sister!
- He played the main character, Ash, in F-Force under the pseudonym "Frank Brown".
- One of his first roles for Central Park Media was Tanabe in The Ping-Pong Club, an ecchi but certainly not arousing series.
- Hudson Horstachio and bunch of other roles in Viva Piñata animated series and Viva Piñata video game.
- He may or may not be magical.
- He is one of the few actors to voice a character in the first game as well as animated series note as his character Hudson Horstachio makes an obligatory voice-over when you start a new save. Despite all other Horstachios in-game can only make basic horse noises.
- Knuckles the Echidna in Sonic X, and in the games proper beginning with Shadow the Hedgehog until he was replaced by Travis Willingham in Sonic Free Riders.
- Koutarou Taiga, the living embodiment of Mundane Made Awesome, in GaoGaiGar
- Kyoshiro Mibu/Demon Eyes Kyo in Samurai Deeper Kyo, "'cause that's what he's all about: gettin' f***ed"
- The title character in Jungle Emperor Leo
- Lee Pyron/Li Bailong in Shaman King (like Knuckles, he's also voiced by Nobutoshi Canna in Japanese)
- Leonardo Medici Bundle in The Movie Go Shogun: The Time Étranger
- The title character of the Kung Fu Panda Mockbuster, The Little Panda Fighter
- Nabuca in Now and Then, Here and There
- The Nightmare Enterprises salesman in Kirby: Right Back at Ya!
- An out-of-anime but in-franchise example, the narrator in Kirby's Epic Yarn
- Pogoriki in GoGoRiki
- Various characters in the Pokémon anime, including Professor Birch, and Gym Leaders Chuck, Wattson, Norman and Byron. Oh, and the Pokémon Treecko, Lombre, Slaking, Bastiodon, Spiritomb and Magmortar.
- In the movies, there's Entei and Spencer (Molly's father) from Pokémon 3, Vicious/Iron Masked Marauder in Pokémon 4Ever, and Damos in Arceus and the Jewel of Life. He was lent the power of the gods, and apparently the voice of the gods as well.
- In the TV specials he plays Mewtwo in Pokémon: Mewtwo Returns and Eusine in The Legend of Thunder!, where the character was called Eugene despite being named correctly in his main anime appearance.
- Souji Mikage in Revolutionary Girl Utena
- Doctor Stewart in F-Zero: GP Legend
- Several characters in the second Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles toon: The Professor, Captain Mortu, Commander Mozar, Mephos... and in Turtles Forever, 1987 Leonardo.
- Yugi Muto, Yami Yugi, and Timaeus in Yu-Gi-Oh!
- Yugi Muto and Yami Yugi in Yu-Gi-Oh!: Capsule Monsters
- Older Yugi Muto in the first episode and Beauregard in Yu-Gi-Oh! GX
- Yugi Muto and Yami Yugi in Yu-Gi-Oh! The Movie: Pyramid of Light
- Officer Trudge/Tetsu Ushio in Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's
- Yugi Muto and Yami Yugi in Yu-Gi-Oh!: Bonds Beyond Time
- Yugi Muto and Yami Yugi in Yu-Gi-Oh! The Dark Side of Dimensions
- Additional voices in Grave of the Fireflies, Berserk (1997), and Kappa Mikey