- Bear: Ulrich (Kodiak bear) - We Are All Fantasy Characters
- Cat: Felis (humanoid cat) - We Are a League of Villains(?), Puma (werecat) - Tropers: The Series, Eleanor (magically enhanced sphynx cat) - The Great TV Tropes Road Trip
- Crab: Clawdius - Welcome To Your Nation
- Dragon: Hypnos - We Have All Become Dragons (natch)
- Frog: Glass Frog (mutant frog man) - League of Supers(?)
- Hyena: Jack - We're Animals in a Post-Apocalyptic Town
- Lion: Anton - We're Animals in a Post-Apocalyptic Town
- Narwhal: Boreas - We Are All Pirates
- Octopus: Helga (giant octopus) - We Are All Sea Creatures
- Owl: Ostro (barn owl) - The Sapphire of Animor: A Medieval (Mis)Adventure!
- Pokemon: Spooks (Gourgeist), Bailey (Drifloon) - We Have All Become Pokémon
- Puma: Puma Loosetrigger - The Great TV Tropes Western
- Rat: Melvin Marcel - We Are All Pirates' Revenge
- Seal: (name?) (leopard seal?) - We Are Animals In An Aquarium, Gunther (elephant seal) - We're Animals in a Post-Apocalyptic Town
- Whale: Leviti (sperm whale) - We Are All Sea Creatures
- Non-Animals: Puma (human) - The Great TV Tropes Road Trip, Ringmaster Henderson (human), Pomposo (human) Maria and mimes (human???) - Tropers: The Series, Matthew Bianco (human), Masakh (human ghost) - We Are a Family of Ghost Hunters
- Klonoa: This poor guy needs to appear in things again. He deserves a happy ending. Being in Smash would definitely give him the boost he needs.
- NiGHTS: For the same reason as Klonoa, although they aren't as much of a Woobie as Klonoa.
- Dr. Eggman: We need more Sonic reps, and I think Eggman would be the best fit. He could ride around in the Egg Mobile like how Bowser Jr. and the Koopalings ride in Koopa Clown Cars.
- Bandanna Waddle Dee: We also need more Kirby reps, and at this point it looks like he's the most likely Kirby character to get in. Slightly mitigated because he's playable in Super Smash Flash 2. While it's not official, at least he has a full, playable Smash Bros moveset somewhere.
- Dillon: Bluethorn likes him, so I'm rooting for him too.
- Maxwell: Like the first two, he really needs a chance in the spotlight again. However, he's supposed to be able to create literally anything, and it would be hard to implement that in Smash Bros.
- Pon & Con: I know this is definitely not going to happen when there are many more popular Kirby characters who would be considered first... but I wrote my own moveset idea for them, and I think it would work well.
- Tails: Again, we need more Sonic reps, and he's one of my most favorite video game characters of all time. The only reason he's not higher up is because he's also playable in Super Smash Flash 2.
- Waluigi: While I do think some of the responses to him being an Assist Trophy in Ultimate were a little toxic, I still would love to see him become playable. Slightly mitigated because he's also playable in Super Smash Flash 2.
- King Boo: It would be really cool.
- Goomba: This video convinced me.
- Steve: He's a popular choice, and I'm sure it would be a lot of fun to play as him. EDIT 10/1/2020: HE MADE IT, BOYS
Actually useful stuff
HELLO THERE. YOU'VE BEEN ASLEEP FOR QUITE A WHILE. YOU'RE NOT WHO I WAS HOPING TO SEE, BUT THAT'S OKAY. THERE'S PLENTY OF ROOM HERE. WHY DON'T YOU STAY A WHILE?
YOU WANT TO KNOW WHO I AM? WELL, IF YOU'RE GOING TO STAY IN THE DOLLHOUSE, WHY NOT. MY TRUE NAME IS FIDO, THE JUMPING DOG, BUT NO ONE CALLS ME THAT ANYMORE. CALL ME STAYA. YOU'RE IN THE DOLLHOUSE, A DIMENSION WHERE US TOYS HAVE GAINED MOTION. WE ALL BELONGED TO THE SAME GIRL. SHE IS NOT HERE YET, BUT I KNOW SHE IS COMING. AND I WILL NOT PERMIT ANYONE TO LEAVE THEIR ASSIGNED ROOM UNTIL SHE DOES.
NOW, AS I WAS SAYING... YOU MAY KNOW ME FROM A VIDEO GAME CALLED TINKERQUARRY. THE ONE KNOWN AS HALLOWRAITH HAS SPENT YEARS DOCUMENTING OUR EXISTENCE, AND THEIR EFFORTS REACHED A COMPLETED STATE IN 2019. ARE THEY THE GIRL? I AM NOT CERTAIN.
NOW, GET COMFORTABLE. YOU'RE NOT GOING ANYWHERE. UNLESS YOU WANT ME TO PLAY ROUGH.
STAY A WHILE AND READ THESE TROPES
- Angry Guard Dog: OF COURSE I'M ANGRY! NOBODY WANTS TO STAY INSIDE LIKE I TELL THEM TO!
- Appropriated Appellation: THE OTHERS USED TO MAKE FUN OF ME FOR SAYING "STAY A WHILE..." I TOOK THEIR NICKNAME FOR ME AND MADE IT MY OWN.
- Body Horror: HAVE YOU EVER HAD YOUR SKIN RIPPED OFF AND A CLOCK SHOVED INTO YOUR SKULL? IT'S NOT FUN.
- Clocks of Control: LOOK CLOSELY, AND YOU MIGHT SEE A CLOCK FLOATING BY MY CHEST. THIS IS MY ESSENCE, THE SOUL OF A TOY. MY ESSENCE IS CALLED LOYALTY, AND IT STANDS FOR BOTH MY DEVOTION TO MY OWNER, AND
- Control Freak: WELL MAYBE I WOULDN'T HAVE TO BE IF THE OTHER TOYS WOULD JUST STAY IN THEIR ROOMS! I EVEN PUT SIGNS UP TELLING THEM TO STAY, AND THEY STILL TRY TO ESCAPE!
- Deal with the Devil: I LET MY "FRIEND" WILSON KEEP RUNNING HIS SHOP NEAR THE LOWER RESIDENCE HALLS, AS LONG AS HE CATCHES ROACHES FOR ME.
- The Dreaded: FEAR EQUALS POWER. I ATTACK TOYS WHO DISOBEY ME SO THEY WON'T DO IT AGAIN. BUT SOME STILL TRY TO RESIST ME ANYWAY...
- Even Evil Has Loved Ones: THE GIRL IS MY MASTER, AND I LOVE HER. EVERYTHING I'M DOING IS TO MAKE THE DOLLHOUSE PERFECT FOR WHEN SHE ARRIVES.
- Knight of Cerebus: SOME OF THE TOYS HERE ARE ALL SUNSHINE AND RAINBOWS. I FILL THOSE TOYS WITH FEAR WHEN I'M AROUND.
- OOC Is Serious Business: When I'm not shouting, be afraid.
- Pest Controller: I DO ENJOY KEEPING RATS AROUND THE DOLLHOUSE. THE TOYS ARE SCARED OF THEM, AND THAT KEEPS THEM IN LINE.
- Tragic Villain: THE GIRL BROKE ME, TORE ME APART... BUT SHE'S MY ONLY FRIEND. I NEED HER TO COME BACK. I MISS PLAYING WITH HER...
- Tranquil Fury: See OOC Is Serious Business. If I'm not shouting at you, you are going to die.
- Undying Loyalty: LOYALTY IS THE VERY ESSENCE OF MY BEING. IT IS THE ENTIRE REASON I KEEP THE RESIDENTS OF THE DOLLHOUSE LOCKED UP: BECAUSE WE NEED TO WAIT FOR OUR MASTER TOGETHER. BECAUSE THIS TRAIT OF MINE IS GIVEN SUCH FOCUS, YOU MIGHT CALL IT "DECONSTRUCTED." THAT'S ALSO WHAT I'LL CALL YOU IF YOU TRY TO ESCAPE.
- Used to Be a Sweet Kid: YOU... THINK MY FORMER SELF WAS CUTE? THANKS, I SUPPOSE. BUT THAT'S NOT GOING TO SAVE YOU NOW. I'D SOONER KILL THAN LET ANYONE LEAVE THE DOLLHOUSE.
- Yandere: SO, THIS TROPE TYPICALLY REFERS TO ROMANTIC OBSESSIONS? I HAVE NO TIME FOR ROMANCE. ALL THAT MATTERS IS MY FRIENDSHIP WITH MY OWNER. SHE MUST COME HERE. SHE MUST STAY FOREVER.
Old Man (Phelous)
Wow! Look at this cool wiki site! It's got pictures, and words, and... more words. Okay, so there's really not that much here, but I'm too lazy to leave, so I guess this is my life now!
Huh? Who am I? My name is, uh... it's, uh- ooh... just call me "Old Man." That is what everyone calls me, because nobody knows what my name actually is! I come from Beauty and the Beast (Golden 1992), which is the greatest animated movie ever, because it involves me! One day, my awesome movie was reviewed by some guy named Phelous. He started using me in lots of jokes in his videos, and I became super popular!
Old Man Reads TV Tropes:
- Breakout Character: I started out appearing in several jokes in Phelous' review of my movie, and then he had me appear in many other reviews, and finally he started my own series, "Old Man Reads Creepypasta."
- Catch Phrase: I have the best ones!
- Dirty Coward: Beauty can die in my place!
- Extreme Omnivore: Ooh, a delicious word "find!" (chomp) Uh, anyway, I sure do like eating whatever I can !
- Horror Host: I like to read random Creepypastas in my own series, "Old Man Reads Creepypasta!"
- Kill It with Water: I don't do this, but it's REALLY sad when it happens. When something gets wet, it's completely useless now!
- Offing the Offspring: I only wanted two sons! Three was too many.
Kill The Ice Age Baby Adventure is a short first person adventure game developed by kypello.
You play as an unnamed soldier who is sent to Iraq by Bernie Sanders. Your mission is to capture the baby from Ice Age, portrayed here as an evil mastermind who has committed several unspeakable crimes. To do that, you must get into his secret lair. Along the way, you will meet a wide variety of meme characters and solve puzzles to capture that horrible abomination of a baby.
This game contains examples of:
- Adaptational Villainy: The Ice Age Baby and all his henchmen are characters who are not evil in the works they come from. For the Ice Age Baby, this was done due to a rise in memes about people hating him and finding him ugly. For the others, this is mostly done for the sake of humor.
- all lowercase letters: Downplayed. The game occasionally has some sentences in all lowercase for humor, but not always. Proper nouns are almost always, if not always capitalized, and the beginnings of some sentences are capitalized as well.
- Pokémon Speak:
- Reference Overdosed: A lot of memetic characters are NPCs in the game.
- Sensory Abuse: The game uses earrape versions of a few songs for humor.
- Villain: Exit, Stage Left: Unfortunately, at the end of the game, the Ice Age Baby escapes the torture chamber when you're just one hit away from killing it.
Escape Lala is a series of two first-person point-and-click adventure puzzle games by DuckbearLab. Both games feature a nameless, unseen protagonist who must solve a variety of puzzles in the magical land of Lala.
The second game, Escape Lala 2, was released on July 18 of the same year. This game expands on pretty much everything about the first. It has a more complex story in which you have to save the princess of Lala from an evil wizard. It includes a much, much larger map to explore, more puzzles, more game mechanics, as well as minigames and other new features. You can purchase it for $4.99 here.
Both games contain examples of:
- Featureless Protagonist: The game is done in first person, and no details of the protagonist are shown or revealed.
- Hints Are for Losers: Both games have coins you can use to gain hints, but using them will deduct from your final score.
- Retraux: Both games are done in an 8-bit pixel art style. The first game also uses 8-bit-esque music for the most part, but the sequel does away with this.
- Silence Is Golden: The games make very minimal use of dialogue. The majority of dialogue in the series comes from a magic spell you gain in 2 that lets you speak to certain animals. Justified because you almost never get to interact with human characters.
Tropes specific to Escape Lala:
- Four-Element Ensemble: Lala has gods for each of the four elements: water, earth, fire, and air. They are represented by stone faces placed around the map. There is a glass bottle that you must fill with each element and put in the corresponding stone face to open a door.
- No Plot? No Problem!: The first game has virtualy no plot explicitly presented to the player. There are, however, some subtle hints at lore, such as a room containing three empty suits of armor, each holding weapons or a battering ram, seemingly recoiling in terror at something that was in the room ahead.
Tropes specific to Escape Lala 2:
Basic Trope: Walruses portrayed as lovable, benevolent creatures.
- Straight: ???
- Exaggerated: ???
- Downplayed: ???
- Justified: ???
- Inverted: ???
- Subverted: ???
- Double Subverted: ???
- Parodied: ???
- Zig Zagged: ???
- Averted: Wily Walrus
- Enforced: ???
- Lampshaded: ???
- Invoked: ???
- Exploited: ???
- Defied: ???
- Discussed: ???
- Conversed: ???
Back to Warm-Hearted Walrus