I first came across this site back in 2009, but it was a bit messy back then and I lost interest in a few months. After being away for years, I slowly got back into reading the articles sometime in late 2015, but I didn't officially become a troper until January 21st, 2018.
I'm mostly interested in video games, mainly Nintendo ones. I also have (or at least had) an interest in writing original fiction, especially starring Funny Animals. I finished writing a short novel, The Armadillo with No Heart, in late 2013. I had plans for a second novel, but have been suffering from Writer's Block for three years as of this writing...
Here on the wiki, you'll mostly see me on the Forum Games board, but I'm pretty quiet for the most part. There isn't much I can contribute to the articles right now, but I probably will as future things that interest me are released.
I'm currently participating in two forum roleplays, We Are All Pirates' Revenge and We Are All Sea Creatures, and I'm having a lot of fun with both of them!
Since you're here, why not write something on my Troper Wall? :P
- Gender: Male
- Age: In my twenties as of this writing
- Myers-Briggs: INFP
- Nicknames: Blue, Bluey, Thorn, Thorny, and whatever else you want to call me as long as it doesn't sound stupid
Stuff I like:This list only includes video games for now. I've been meaning to add more stuff...
- Ace Attorney: The whole series, but my favorites are Justice For All, Dual Destinies and Spirit of Justice.
- Animal Crossing
- Cave Story
- Chrono Trigger
- Dillon's Rolling Western: Because armadillos. Also the game is quite fun. And hard. I hadn't even heard of the Tower Defense genre before I played it.
- Final Fantasy: I haven't played all the games, but my favorites (and the only ones I've beaten) are IV and VI.
- Illusion of Gaia
- The Legend of Zelda: Especially Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask.
- Live A Live
- Lufia: Mostly the second game.
- Pokémon: I'd say that my favorite generations are 3, 5, and 7.
- Seiken Densetsu 3
- Shovel Knight
- Super Mario Bros.: Pretty much the whole series, especially the following:
- Mario & Luigi: I've played all of them except Paper Jam. My favorite is Superstar Saga.
- Paper Mario: Loved the first three games to death; The Thousand-Year Door in particular will always hold a special place in my heart. Sticker Star was meh. Haven't played Color Splash yet.
- Super Mario RPG
- Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island: Best 2D platformer ever made.
- Super Smash Bros.
- TinkerQuarry: Thanks for introducing me to this game, Puma!
...And many more.
Tropes I've launched:
Leitmotifs for tropers:An idea I borrowed from DrNoPuma and Revaryk. This will be strictly video game music, so I can't promise I'll be able to pick a leitmotif for everyone.
- Beverly: Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time Boss Battle
- CaliburnAbsoluteEX: Pokémon Black and White Battle! Gym Leader
- CrystalMemoria: Final Fantasy series Prelude (this is the FFVI version, but any version works)
- DefRevenge24601: Undertale Song That Might Play When You Fight Sans
- DrNoPuma: Super Paper Mario Dimentio, Charming Magician
- Emperor_Ing: Metroid Prime 2: Echoes Vs. Emperor Ing B
- TheGamechanger: Paper Mario King of the Koopas
- kablammin45: Yoshi's Island Flower Garden
- Murataku: Pokémon Sun and Moon Battle! Island Kahuna
- Penroses: Super Smash Bros. Melee Flat Zone
- Revaryk: Tales of Symphonia Full Force
- Spottedleaf: Pokémon X and Y Snowbelle City
- TroperNo9001: Undertale Home
- TropesForever: LittleBigPlanet Interactive Gardens
- VengefulBale: Kirby Super Star Meta Knight's Revenge
- Zanreo: Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Spirit of Justice Apollo Justice ~ A New Chapter of Trials! 2016
Some forum games I've started:
- Which avatar in the above gallery best represents your current mood?
- Guess which avatar the above troper is roleplaying as
- The Avatar Chain Game
- You are hugged by the avatar that the below poster selects from your gallery (my favorite thread out of the ones I've made 😊)
Tropes that apply to me:
- The Baby of the Bunch: The youngest in my family. I'm not too fond of all the negative stereotypes associated with it.
- Berserk Button: If I see you being mean to DrNoPuma, I will get very mad.
- Cannot Talk to Women: Downplayed. I can, but it always makes me self-conscious.
- Eyes Always Averted: I've always had a lot of trouble making eye contact.
- Four-Temperament Ensemble: In real life, I'm mostly melancholic—introverted, meticulous, and paranoid. On the internet, I lean more towards phlegmatic.
- I Hate Past Me: I was a rather cynical teenager with a low opinion of humanity, even though I lacked the brains or maturity to have an educated opinion on the subject. I can't express how happy I am to have put all that behind me.
- Neat Freak / Terrified of Germs
- Nervous Wreck: I tend to get anxious easily.
- No Social Skills: I've always been like this. A lot of the time, I feel uncomfortable talking to people. I'm a lot more sociable here than I am in real life.
- Nostalgia Filter: I find it difficult to get into newer media. If something was released during The New '10s and isn't part of a pre-existing franchise, it's unlikely that I'll be interested in it.
- Pacifist: Fighting is rarely worth it, so I try to avoid it.
- The Quiet One: As mentioned above.
- Shrinking Violet: It might not show a lot on here, but in real life, I'm extremely shy and have trouble opening up to people.
- Super OCD: I do have the disorder, and while it is true that rituals are only a symptom of the underlying problem, in my case it does manifest itself in the stereotypical way.
- Sweet Tooth: Real Men Hate Sugar my foot. Gimme ice cream, cake, pie, soda, cookies, candy bars. Mmmmm.
That didn't give a very flattering impression of me, did it?
- Amazing Technicolor Battlefield
- Bait-and-Switch Comparison: It's funny :P
- Black Comedy: And I'm not ashamed to admit that I like it, although I do admit that it can be awful when taken too far.
- Cowardly Lion: Still one of the best ways to make a flawed hero, IMO, especially when they're given the opportunity to develop.
- Dark Is Not Evil
- Fingerless Gloves: They look cool.
- Funny Animal: And anthropomorphic animals in general. I love this kind of character design.
- Gentle Giant: One of the most lovable character archetypes out there.
- HeelFace Turn
- I Never Said It Was Poison
- Instant Awesome: Just Add Dragons! / Our Dragons Are Different: Who doesn't love dragons?
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold
- Lovable Lizard: I really like lizards, and it's always nice to see positive depictions of them.
- Ominous Pipe Organ: One of the many things that Puma and I both love. Dancing Mad is probably my favorite use of it.
- So Bad, It's Good: Possibly my favorite kind of humor, whether it's done intentionally or not.
- Wham Line: At least when I don't get spoiled about them beforehand...
- The Woobie: While I'll sympathize with nearly every character at least a little bit, it's very rare for me to actually consider a character a Woobie. But when this trope works, it really works.
- Woolseyism: The Ace Attorney and Paper Mario series are prime examples of how good this trope can be.
Random stuff that didn't fit anywhere else
- I'm a Capricorn.
- This was my first post on TV Tropes.