I first came across this site back in 2009, but it was a bit messy back then and I lost interest a few months later. After being away for years, I slowly got back into reading the articles sometime in late 2015, but I didn't officially become a troper until January 21st, 2018.
I'm interested in video games and would love to make one myself someday. I also have some interest in writing and completed a short novel in 2013, The Armadillo with No Heart.
Here on the wiki, you'll mostly see me on the Forum Games board, but I'm pretty quiet for the most part. There isn't much I can contribute to the articles right now, but I probably will as future things that interest me are released.
I'm currently participating in several forum roleplays (listed below), and I'm having a lot of fun with all of them!
I have a DeviantArt, though my art isn't very good yet.
- Gender: Male
- Age: In my twenties as of this writing
- Myers-Briggs: INFP
- Nicknames: Blue, Bluey, Thorn, Thorny
Pages I've started:
Stuff I like:I'm still planning to add a lot more stuff to this list. :P
- Video Games:
- Ace Attorney: The whole series, but my favorites are Justice For All, Dual Destinies and Spirit of Justice.
- Animal Crossing: A very relaxing series.
- Banjo-Kazooie: A huge childhood favorite of mine, with one of the best soundtracks I've ever heard.
- Cave Story
- Chrono Trigger
- Day of the Tentacle
- Dillon's Rolling Western: Because armadillos. Also the game is quite fun. And hard. I hadn't even heard of the Tower Defense genre before I played it.
- Final Fantasy: My favorites are IV and VI.
- Illusion of Gaia
- Later Alligator: Pat is best boy. That is all.
- The Legend of Zelda: Especially Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask.
- Lufia: Mostly the second game.
- Pokémon: Proud fan since the 1990s. All generations are great, but I'd say that my favorites are Ruby & Sapphire, Black & White, and Sun & Moon. I also like a lot of the spinoff games.
- Rivals of Aether
- Shovel Knight
- Super Mario Bros.: Pretty much the whole series, especially the following:
- Mario & Luigi: I've played all of them except Paper Jam. My favorite is Superstar Saga.
- Paper Mario: Absolutely loved the first three games; The Thousand-Year Door in particular will always hold a special place in my heart, while Super Paper Mario had my favorite story of any Mario game. Sticker Star was disappointing, though it's by no means bad and I do like its soundtrack a lot. I haven't played Color Splash yet, but The Origami King was fantastic and has renewed my hopes for the future of the series.
- Super Mario RPG
- Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island: My favorite 2D platformer of all time.
- Super Smash Bros.
- TinkerQuarry: Thanks for introducing me to this game, Puma!
- Trials of Mana: I was really happy when this game was finally localized in 2019. I'm planning to play the remake soon.
- Yooka-Laylee: An amazing and underrated game that's just as good as Banjo-Kazooie. Its soundtrack is also fantastic.
- RPG Maker: I've played around with it a lot since I was a kid, but I've never actually made a complete game. Maybe someday.
- Amazing Technicolor Battlefield: Always a great background for a final battle.
- Autobots, Rock Out!
- Background Music Override
- Badass Cape: Do I even need to explain why?
- Bait-and-Switch Comparison: It's funny. :P
- Black Comedy: I do admit that it can be awful when taken too far, though.
- Cool Mask: Pretty much for the same reason as Badass Cape.
- Cowardly Lion: Still one of the best ways to make a flawed hero, IMO, especially when they're given the opportunity to develop.
- Dark Is Not Evil
- Defanged Horrors: Although I don't like actual horror, I love this.
- Defeat Means Friendship
- Fingerless Gloves: They look cool.
- Funny Animal: And anthropomorphic animals in general. I love this kind of character design.
- Furry Reminder
- Gentle Giant: One of the most lovable character archetypes out there.
- HeelFace Turn
- Heroic Sacrifice: This really gets me when done well. Sacrificing yourself so others can be happy is one of the most noble things a character can do.
- I Never Said It Was Poison: A great mystery trope.
- Instant Awesome: Just Add Dragons! / Our Dragons Are Different: Who doesn't love dragons?
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold
- Lovable Lizard: I really like lizards, and it's always nice to see positive depictions of them.
- Magic Knight: Knights and mages are both cool, so combining the two is doubly cool.
- Ominous Pipe Organ: One of the many things that Puma and I both love. Dancing Mad is probably my favorite use of it.
- Snowy Sleigh Bells: I love their sound.
- So Bad, It's Good: One of my favorite kinds of humor, whether it's done intentionally or not.
- Wham Line: At least when I don't get spoiled about them beforehand...
- "Where Are They Now?" Epilogue: It's always heartwarming to see what the characters have been up to after the story.
- The Woobie: Possibly my all-time favorite trope. While I'll sympathize with nearly every character at least a little bit, it's rare for me to actually consider a character a Woobie. But when this trope works, it really works.
- Woolseyism: The Ace Attorney and Paper Mario series are prime examples of how good this trope can be.
Tropes that apply to me:
- The Baby of the Bunch: The youngest in my family. I'm not too fond of all the negative stereotypes associated with it.
- Berserk Button: If I see you being mean to DrNoPuma, I will get very mad.
- Big Eater: I have a huge appetite. I've been trying my best to control it lately, though.
- Blind Without 'Em: My eyesight is pretty bad without my glasses.
- Eyes Always Averted: I've always had a lot of trouble making eye contact.
- Four-Temperament Ensemble: Mostly phlegmatic (quiet, shy, and usually calm). When I was younger, I leaned more towards melancholic (more serious, moody, and prone to anxiety), but I've mellowed out.
- I Hate Past Me: I was a rather cynical teenager with a low opinion of humanity, even though I lacked the brains or maturity to have an educated opinion on the subject. I can't express how happy I am to have put all that behind me.
- Neat Freak: Yep. I like having things in order. :P
- Nervous Wreck: I tend to get anxious easily, though this has gotten a bit better in the past few years.
- No Social Skills: I've always been like this. A lot of the time, I feel uncomfortable talking to people and don't really know how to have a conversation. I'm a lot more sociable here than I am in real life.
- Pacifist: Fighting is rarely worth it, so I try to avoid it.
- The Quiet One: I don't talk very much, especially in real life.
- Shrinking Violet: It might not show a lot on here, but in real life, I'm extremely shy and have trouble opening up to people.
- Sweet Tooth: I love all kinds of sweets.
That didn't give a very flattering impression of me, did it?
Some forum games I've started:
- Which avatar in the above gallery best represents your current mood?
- Guess which avatar the above troper is roleplaying as
- The Avatar Chain Game
- You are hugged by the avatar that the below poster selects from your gallery (my favorite thread out of the ones I've made 😊)
- What musical instrument best describes the above troper?
- Which avatar in the above gallery would you most want to be?
- Choose which character the above troper will meet
- ITT: We're Animals in a Post-Apocalyptic Town
- Which of the above two avatars would you rather hug?
My roleplay characters:A list of characters I'm playing or have played as in the Forum Games here. I also borrowed this idea from Puma, since he has a similar list on his page. :P
- Current ones:
- We Are All Pirates' Revenge: Victor the lizardman
- We're Animals in a Post-Apocalyptic Town: Peter the armadillo, Professor Diggs the gopher, Gregory the wolf, Rena Porter the fox, Byron the rhinoceros, Murphy the weasel, Roger Greentail the lizard
- We Are Monsters on a Spooky Quest: Patch the skeleton crocodile
- Past ones:
- We Are All Sea Creatures: Lancelot the swordfish
- We Have All Become Pokémon: Rex the Sandshrew
- We're a Family of Professional Ghost Hunters: Rufus the dog
- We Are Monsters Attending School: Teddy the demon
- We're a League of Heroes: Bucky the robot mole
- The Great TV Tropes Road Trip: Myself
- The Great TV Tropes Western: Bluethorn the gecko
- SUPER! - An ITT of Heroes, Villains and Questionable Fashion Choices: Phantompaw the fox
- The Sapphire of Animor: A Medieval (Mis)Adventure!: Mitts the mole
- The New TV Tropes Western: Bill the hedgehog
|Lancelot||Victor (art by DrNoPuma)||Rex dressed as Dillon||Rufus (art by Puma)||Peter||Professor Diggs||Gregory|
Leitmotifs for tropers:An idea I borrowed from DrNoPuma and Revaryk. I still update this occasionally, but I can't promise I'll be able to pick a leitmotif for everyone.
- ArgoTheBlank: Shovel Knight The Defender
- arimothereindeer: Persona 4: Dancing All Night Reach Out To The Truth Dancing on Persona Stage
- Aveyond: Paper Mario Princess in Distress
- Baisteach: Undertale It's Raining Somewhere Else
- CaliburnAbsoluteEX: Pokémon Black and White Battle! Gym Leader
- CrystalMemoria: Final Fantasy series Prelude (this is the FFVI version, but any version works)
- DefRevenge24601: Undertale Song That Might Play When You Fight Sans
- DrNoPuma: I have two for him:
- Emperor_Ing: Metroid Prime 2: Echoes Vs. Emperor Ing B
- TheGamechanger: Paper Mario King of the Koopas
- GoldenCityBird: Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Spirit of Justice Phoenix Wright ~ Objection! 2016
- HuneyB: Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time Crisis of the Red and Green (Boss Battle)
- kablammin45: Yoshi's Island Flower Garden
- KingofNightmares: Cave Story Geothermal
- Murataku: Pokémon Sun and Moon Battle! Island Kahuna
- Ozbourne: Pokémon Red and Blue Lavender Town
- Penroses: Super Smash Bros. Melee Flat Zone
- PresidentStalkeyes: Paper Mario: The Origami King Thrills at Night
- PurpleEyedGuma: Pokémon Diamond and Pearl Canalave City
- Revaryk: Tales of Symphonia Full Force
- Spottedleaf: Pokémon X and Y Snowbelle City
- StarAndroidJaguar: Pokémon Sun and Moon Battle! Ultra Beast
- TabbyGirl4: Earthbound Paula's Theme
- Tre: Earthbound Boy Meets Girl (Twoson Theme)
- TroperNo9001: Undertale Home
- TropesForever: LittleBigPlanet Interactive Gardens
- VengefulBale: Kirby Super Star Meta Knight's Revenge
- Zanreo: Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Spirit of Justice Apollo Justice ~ A New Chapter of Trials! 2016
Random stuff that didn't fit anywhere else
- I'm a Capricorn.
- This was my first post on TV Tropes.
- Victor was the name I originally planned to use for my Sandshrew character if/when I joined We Have All Become Pokémon. However, since I joined We Are All Pirates' Revenge first (and, at the time, I wasn't yet sure if I would join WHABP), I used the name for my character there instead.
- My favorite Pokémon type is Dark. My favorite Pokémon overall are Charizard, Sandslash, Lugia, Krookodile, Zekrom, and Heliolisk.