It's arimothereindeer's troper page!
I.... am Arimo!
Here's a little somethin'-somethin' of an introduction'.
'Round and 'round these nets I go by the little name of Arimo, or Arimo the Reindeer, if you will. Or heck, even アリモ will do, too. To avoid Viewer Gender Confusion, let me say I am in fact a woman or a lady or a person of the non-male gender. Also, I am only a mere 18 years of age.
I've been reading TV Tropes for quite a while, and one day, I decided to sign up with the sole purpose of adding a page for Tensai Bakabon. However, I am enjoying the massive community a lot, so I am here to stay! You can see me around the forums in the Anime, Forums Games, and Yack Fest sections, but if you're lucky, you might find me someplace else. Feel free to talk to me, I don't bite, uhyo!
You may know me as that weird weeb who likes old children's anime and the Showa era way too much.
60s through 80s Japan was so cool....
(In interest folders, things with / actually should have more than are listed, and I am just too lazy to list them at the moment.)
Last updated: June 12, 2019
arimothereindeer's interests include, but are certainly not limited to:
- Astro Boy - What I've read of it anyway. But I'm a sucker for robot stories, especially android stories, and robots rights activists.
- Black★Rock Shooter - I love huke's art. Still hoping for a part 2 to interpret ALL THE characters!
- Death Note - Probably what I'd consider the most well written anime I've seen.
- Doraemon - Gotta love that Star Bellied Sneech.
- Dr Slump - Still need to finish and get more into it, but I absolutely love the characters and humor, and the concept.
- First Human Giatrus - Gon and Gaikotsu are perfect boys.
- Gegege No Kitaro - Nisekitaro is a perfect human; a blessing; I love him; he is great...
- GonnaBeTheTwinTail - Why did it never have a toy line? Tail on!
- The Laughing Salesman - Don!
- Lupin III - Especially Lupin III (Red Jacket) and The Castle of Cagliostro, in particular...as of so far. I also find Lupin VIII interesting...
- MoretsuAtaro - Dekkopachi's forehead game strong.
- My Neighbors the Yamadas - I could go on about why I love this film but I'm lazy so. My favorite characters are Noboru, Takeshi, and Shige.
- Ninja Hattori - Over the mountains, crossing the sea...d se dab
- Osomatsu-kun - Me loves Iyami zansu, uhyohyohyo!
- Osomatsu-san - Muscle, muscle! Hustle, hustle!
- Tensai Bakabon - Bakabon no papa nanoda, kore de ii no da!
- Usavich - This is actually the only CGI anime I like. Russian jail bunnies? RUSSIAN JAIL BUNNIES.
- Watamote - Even though I can't pronounce its full title without flubbing halfway through.
- Yo-Kai Watch - Any attempt to replicate Yokai behavior would be ill-advised.
- Yuyushiki - BEACH PARASOOOOOOO!
- Dooly the Little Dinosaur - Nice designs, Gildong is a jerk, what's not to love.
- Korede iinoda: Eiga Akatsuka Fujio - It's an Akatsuka movie. So yeah.
- Battle Royale - Kawada is best boy. (I've seen the movie too, and it's....alright, I guess)
- Diary of a Wimpy Kid - Book series of my childhood and my teenhood, too. I own every single book and I have been buying every new one each year since the fourth one came out. Periphery Demographic indeed.
- Haruhi Suzumiya - I'm not done with the series yet, nor have I seen the anime, but these books are very good. I find them an ideal balance of humor, slice of life, and sci-fi.
- Daft Punk, especially the Discovery and Human After All albums, and Alive 2007.
- Giorgio Moroder, especially the From Here to Eternity album
- Scha Dara Parr, especially their first album (スチャダラパー大作戦) and the song Konya wa Boogie Back.
- Italo Disco in general.
- Danganronpa - first one was good, have started the second.
- Persona 4 - EVERYONE's THE KILLAH, AND I'M-A SUPER MARIO!
- Street Fighter, although I'm not very good. I adore E Honda and Zangief.
- Super Mario Bros. 3 - Speaking of Mario...
- Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island - Yoshi was always my favorite since I was little. He was very cute and fun to ride.
- Yo-Kai Watch - Casanono inspirits me 24/7.
- Chadtronic - LADIES AND FRICKS!
- Cucumber Quest - and I don't care how much of a jerk you think Cabbage is. He is my favorite and I love him.
- Happy Tree Friends - Kind of unusual since gore isn't really my favorite, but I love how each of the animals have their own little gimmick and personality. Plus they can get rather creative with the carnage.
- Hiimdaisy - And no one ate dinner that night.
- Homestar Runner - God, it's so quotable that I don't even know what to quote.
- PeanutButterGamer - He misses his hair.
- RebelTaxi - Shut up and enjoy the nightcore.
- Si Juki - Too bad only Lika Liku Anak Kos is readily available in English. I wish I could see the movie.
- The Nostalgia Critic - And he's like JUMP and he's like NO and he's like JUMP and he's like NO and he's like JUMP and he's like okay.
- theodd1sout - And a cat in a normal...normal tree...
Tropes that apply to me
- Ambiguous Gender - On the internet at least. If you don't have an extremely feminine avatar and/or username, prepare to be called "he" or "they" a lot.
- Author Avatar - Yup. It's the picture for the page.
- Berserk Button - Don't. Call. Them. Ears. They. Are called. Antlers.
- Cloudcuckoolander - yup.
- Girls Love Stuffed Animals - You guys have no idea. Everything's Better with Plushies.
- Gosh Dang It to Heck! - I don't swear in real life. Or online much even. But if I do, I'm usually quoting a work, or using my favorite swear word, the S one, because it's versatile indeed.
- Robosexual - Oh, most definitely.
- Ugly Cute - Most definitely.
- Viewer Gender Confusion - Not in real life, but I am often subject to this trope on the internet. My gender is often very ambiguous online which leads to justified confusion.
Pages I created!
Akatsuka Side CharactersThese are characters from Akatsuka manga or anime that are one offs, whose stories I decided to continue, extend, or in some cases, completely create!
- Hitman "Jo" Hatabou
One of The Hatabous, Jo is an intelligent assassin. Unlike the rest of the Hatabous, he can suppress his "dajo" verbal tic, although sometimes he may let it slip on accident. He finds the tic infantile and cutesy, which is why he tends to avoid using it. Although he is rather tough compared to most of the gags from Akatsuka Town, he tends to overestimate his power. He tends to act like as much as a badass as he possibly can to separate himself from the rest of the overly cute Hatabous. His text color is black.
- Frank Hatabou
The second Hatabou, Frank is an "American" singer who uses his nationality as a marketing technique in Japan. In reality, he knows very little about American culture, as much as he pretends he knows. As you may have guessed, he is not actually American either, he just finds it a fun thing to pretend to be. Just like the normal/default Hatabou, his favorite foods are hamburgers and American dogs. His text color is green.
The third Hatabou, he is a bit of an outcast and is only classified as a Hatabou due to his hairstyle and facial features. However, unlike a normal Hatabou, he does not wear a flag on his head, but a beach parasol instead. He doesn't naturally have a dajo tic either; he just pretends to, and occasionally forgets to add it to the ends of his sentences. He is actually less familiar with the sextuplets than he is with close neighbor Bakabon. Parabou lives on a beach resort and wears only swim shorts. His hobbies include sunbathing, collecting seashells, swimming, surfing, and making sand castles. His text color is blue.
Robomatsu is a clone of the sextuplets built by Iyami. Despite having independent thoughts, he never goes against orders given to him by his Master Iyami. Robomatsu's purpose was to wreak havoc across Akatsuka Town, putting blame on the sextuplets because he looks exactly like them. He has a rather warped idea of what the sextuplets are like, due to how Iyami describes them to him. Whenever describing them, Robomatsu tends to describe the sextuplets as the most vile, wretched, disgusting creatures ever. He is nearly mute and can only say "pika", but he is very thoughtful. After his combustion and repair, Iyami forgot all about him and threw him in the closet, but he still lives. His text color is gray.
Usomatsu is a foul-mouthed Osomatsu lookalike from the Kansai region. Commonly mistaken for Osomatsu, Usomatsu has taken an absolute hatred to him and the rest of his brothers. Usomatsu also has a twin brother [who I have yet to name] that is a doppelgänger of Choromatsu. Usomatsu, similar to Robomatsu, also mimicks the real sextuplets, but in this case out of spite, not from orders. It is somewhat easy for him and his twin to be differentiated from the real deal, though, because they both have incredibly thick Kansai dialects! His text color is red.
Kashitaro, also known as I-Borrow, is a Bakada University graduate and one of Bakabon no Papa's kohai. Back in his college days, he made a lot of loans to friends, and now he's on a never ending quest to retrieve 700 yen from anyone he ever lent money to. It seems he has forgotten who he has loaned to and tends to claim to literally everyone that they owe him money. Good thing he doesn't charge any interest! His text color is purple.