Warning: mysql_connect(): Database not found
Fatal error: mysql_query(): Content not found
UNRECOVERABLE DATABASE ERROR
There used to be a better image here, but now you've gone and taken out all our web servers. Nice going. It just goes to show:
Er, wait a second, turns out the page is here after all. My mistake.
Before we begin, please stand for the National Anthem.
DISCLAIMER: I wrote a lot of this page when I was young and naive. A lot of it doesn't really accurately describe me anymore. I suppose you expect me to declare it cringy and tear it down, but that would be far too predictable. This page is eternal.
- Describe TropesForever here.
- Very well then, TropesForever is a troper...
- Hold on, what are your credentials?
- Your credentials? Why are you qualified to describe TropesForever here?
- Well, I...okay, don't tell anyone, but I am TropesForever.
- WHAT?? YOU'RE TROPESFOREVER???
- But I'm also TropesForever!
- What? How is that possible?
- I don't know, but I'm getting sick of this joke now.
I'm Murataku. Imagine a loud Tomboy in a louder teapot, only without the pot, the tom, the tea or the boy.
I'm ZeroL. (Duh...wait, am I? I'll try again.)
Greetings, Earthlings. I am called President Stalkeyes...wait, no I'm not.
Hi, my name is Heather! How are you...my name is not Heather. Hold on.
Hi, I'm Tre. This is my page, but - no, no, that's not right either.
A proper introduction is in order. I'm Caliburn, but you can call me - No, wait, don't. I'm not Caliburn.
Hi, I'm Brian Henson. The Muppet fans are sometimes really cra-AUGH!
Okay, I think I got it right. I'm TropesForever, and I'm sort of like a cheap knockoff of everyone else. Y'know how if you mix all the ice cream flavours together, you end up with this weird bland purplish-grey stuff? That's me.
Forever, this is too depressing. It ain't gonna fly off the shelves unless ya do a little exaggeration!
But this is a webpage...
I don't care!
Once, when the very fabric of the universe was still young, Mankind was born. And almost as long as there has been man, there have been Tropes. But, the ancient ones realised that tropes are fragile things. One humble creature was chosen as the guardian of tropes. And from that day forth, he was known as... TROPES...FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!
...O...kay. Well, since some sane people are going to click on this eventually, I may as well say some vaguely useful stuff. I've been lurking this wiki since about sometime in 2014, but didn't join until the 15th of July, 2016. I was initially known as CamelCase, but then stuff happened. I've had my current name since the 5th of September, 2016. I can be found in most parts of the site, reading if not contributing.
If I had to describe myself in three fictional characters, as is so often done around here, I would...phone a friend. (But which friend?)
I make music! Here's my SoundCloud if you wanna check it out.
On the subject of nicknames, I don't really have a preference. "Tropes", "Forever" and "TF" are all fine (although Heather has advised against the last one for...reasons). Most people use "Tropes", though I have a soft spot for "Forever" as it allows me to make daft jokes, like so:
Feel free to PM me any time, even if we've never met and you just randomly stumbled upon this page. In fact, especially if we've never met and you just randomly stumbled upon this page.
So...that's me in a nutshell. A very large nutshell, but a nutshell nonetheless.
Wait, there's more?
- I am responsible for the deaths of Good Grief Another Peanuts Shout Out and Bowties Are Cool. Odd, since they're both based on works I love.
- I've written for The Muppets (by which I mean I added Statler and Waldorf to the Chick Magnet page, something I'm much more proud of than is strictly healthy.)
- Pages I created include Creator.Anthony Daniels, SelfDemonstrating.Larry Da Vinci, SelfDemonstrating.Attack Of The Eye Creatures, and Characters.Little Big Planet. As CamelCase, I made VideoGame.Dreams, Laconic.Little Big Planet, WesternAnimation.Soupe Opera and all its subpages, and Radar.Little Big Planet.
- I came up with the current name for Creator's Apathy. Yes! Me! I named the trope! I put the words "Creator" and "Apathy" together! With an apostrophe and an "s" in the middle! I even put the words in the right order so they don't say "Apathy's Creator"! That was all me! I feel sick.
- I currently have one TLP draft, Ambiguously the Same Individual.
- I launched the trope Musical Squares.
- I've made a lot of threads on Forum Games, but the biggest is easily the sitcom parody Play-by-Post Game Tropers: The Series (link to the actual game here). It's a bit weird a lot of the time, but it's also relatively episodic, so ask me in PMs or the discussion thread if you wanna join!
- My second-most successful thread is probably Bad ideas for forum games v2 (READ THE RULES FIRST), my second attempt at the idea after the ill-fated first version (which I won't link here) crashed and burned.
- Wikipedia, where I still go by CamelCase.
- Wikia, where I'm called Forevopera, a name I've taken to using on most other sites as of 2020. I'm most active on the LittleBigPlanet Wiki, where I'm an admin. (That sounds a bit narcissistic, but that's what these pages are for, amirite?)
- My YouTube channel.
- PM me if you want to know my Discord handle.
- If you play LittleBigPlanet, here's my LBP.me profile.
- My SoundCloud, just in case you forgot.
- I can also be contacted on tin-can phone. My number is 3.
|This user tries to do the right thing. If they make a mistake, please let them know.|
- A New Hope:
- The Muppets:
And now for a little clickbait...*Evil Laugh*...
- Real Name: CamelCase
- Real Real Name: Not Telling.
- Gender: Male
- Your teeth are about to fall out and your skin is about to turn green.
- MyersBriggs thingamabob: INFP.
- Which Muppet I am according to this quiz: Fozzie. I'm proud of my result. He's not my favourite Muppet ever, but he's in the top 10.
- Age according to "How old is the above poster?": Anywhere from 14 to 30. The average is 20.
- Credit Card No: I'm not telling you that!
Oh, you've got to be kidding me...
- Alice's Adventures in Wonderland (Jabberwocky and The Hunting of the Snark too. I haven't read Through the Looking-Glass, but would like to one day.)
- The Beatles
- Tally Hall (Miracle Musical don't have a page here but them too, as well as all the members' solo work)
- Scott Joplin
- Bob Dylan
- David Bowie
- 100 gecs
- The Beach Boys
- Porter Robinson
- Electric Light Orchestra
- Paul Simon
- Jim Steinman
- Jack Stauber
- Traveling Wilburys
- One specific song I discovered, The Windmills of Your Mind, deserves a special mention. DrNoPuma and I both love it.
- Yellow Submarine: As I've mentioned, I love the Beatles.
- The LEGO Movie
- The Nightmare Before Christmas
- Nearly every Pixar film, but especially Toy Story and WALLE.
- Several in the Disney Animated Canon, though I haven't seen most of them for a while. My favourite is Moana because Tamatoa.
- The three Shrek movies that aren't Shrek the Third. They're genuinely so unironically good.
Video Games Asterisks denote games I haven't yet finished.
- LittleBigPlanet, I've played all the main games in the series except Vita, and completed all of them except for Sackboy: A Big Adventure.
- Undertale and Deltarune
- The Mother trilogy
- LEGO Adaptation Game, especially, LEGO Star Wars, especially The Original Trilogy.
- Henry Stickmin Series
- Cave Story*
- Jimmy and the Pulsating Mass
- Hypnospace Outlaw
- Portal and Portal 2
- Space Funeral
- The LISA Trilogy
- Yume Nikki*
- Baba Is You*
- Monster Prom
- Papers, Please*
YouTube channels (the ones with pages here anyway)
- The Marvel Cinematic Universe (Especially Thor: Ragnarok and the Guardians of the Galaxy movies)
- The Beatles' live action films, or the ones I've seen anyway.
- The Muppets. That's right, everything on that page, including the stuff I haven't seen, though with a preference towards The Muppet Show characters. My favourite Muppet is Rowlf.
- Star Wars.
- The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (well, the TV series and movie at any rate. I haven't read the books or the radio series, mostly because you can't read a radio series.)
- The Monty Python films and TV series.
- Steven Universe Presents: Something — The Movie, whose poster you saw at the top of this page. (If only it existed...)
- Photoshop, though as you can probably tell I have no idea how to design stuff that doesn't hurt people's eyes.
Rowlf: I know, Pearl, but we're stuck with it. Let the joust begin!
- Asperger's Syndrome: I know it's not technically a trope, but it's worth noting that I have been diagnosed with it.
- Attention Deficit... Ooh, Shiny!: Downplayed, and exaggerated at the same time. Isn't life funny?
- Bad Impressionists: On this very page, in fact, as well as all over the forums and in real life.
- Brief Accent Imitation: I sometimes do it on the forums, by copying the syntax of whatever or whoever comes to mind for no reason. I do this a lot in real life as well.
- Cuckoosnarker: Describes me pretty well, though I do try to hold back on my snark so I don't hurt people.
- The Ditherer: Pretty much everything on this page is inaccurate at one time or another, because I can't make up my dang mind.
- Forgetful Jones: Sometimes, occasionally, however, to an extent.
- The Gadfly: Downplayed. I do enjoy messing with people...up to a point. I'm just still working out where that point is.
- I Have Many Names: Even I don't remember them all.
- Innocently Insensitive: I have that userbox for a reason.
- The Internet Is For Fools: Well, it looks like it should be a trope.
- Jim Henson: Averted, I'm not him.
- Mad Artist: I don't do drugs. I am drugs.
- Meaningful Rename: Inverted. Neither of my handles really "means" anything, I only changed because I accidentally locked myself out of the old one.
We interrupt this troper page for an important news update.Yesterday morning at 5:35 AM, a mysterious figure was seen vandalising TroperWall.Tropes Forever. Witnesses have described the suspect as wearing five different hats, each stacked on top of the other. Police are currently investigating.
And now back to regular programming.
- I told you, Alice, that's not how you repair a lawnmower! Wait, are we on again?
- Neutral Good: According to the internet, and the internet never lies.
- Pet-Peeve Trope: True Art Is Angsty. I have no problem with angsty works, but I absolutely hate the idea that lighter, sillier, or more idealistic works are somehow below darker ones. I especially despise the idea that the lighter works should be "fixed" through Cerebus Syndrome.
- Ridiculous Procrastinator: This trope should be automatically included on everyone's page. It would be self-fulfilling: If you procrastinate on removing it, it applies to you, but if you can be bothered to remove it, it doesn't apply to you.
- Serial Escalation:
- My sense of humour in general uses this a lot.
- In particular, The musicians avatar. It started of with just Rowlf, then I added Schroeder, then the Doctor, then Marceline, then other tropers started suggesting characters...
- Situational Sociability: I'd daresay this trope applies to most tropers, in fact. Probably related to my dithering.
- Small Reference Pools: See that list of works up there? Those are about 70% of the works I'm familiar with.
- Those Two Guys: At times, with DrNoPuma.
- Bavarian Fire Drill
- Big Damn Movie
- Big-Lipped Alligator Moment
- Chain of Corrections
- Dark Is Not Evil (Though I could go either way on Light Is Not Good)
- DrNoPuma: It's cool whenever he appears in a work.
- Establishing Character Moment
- Genre-Busting, Genre Mashup and Genre Roulette
- Interface Screw
- Large Ham
- Massive Multiplayer Crossover and Weird Crossover
- Overly Long Gag
- Recursive Reality: Which is obvious if you've seen my "Troper Ventriloquism" or read my review for this site...ON this site.
- Self-Deprecation: This list is almost entirely ZCEs. TropesForever should be ashamed of himself.
- Stylistic Suck
- The Walrus Was Paul
- Word Salad Humour
6.6. Möbius strip
1928. A circle with two smaller circles attatched in the top left and right
Δ. We regret to inform you the previous item on this list has been disqualified as it is the property of the Walt Disney Company.
78. The one Telly from Sesame Street was obsessed with
15. Two cylinders parallel to each other
9000: big desert triangle
17. A Wheel Within A Wheel
2. The outline of the guy in the LucasArts logo
෯ . Sponge
12.57. Liebenberg Tesseract
β. This list's shape
2. literally just a straight line
- Tropers: The Series: TropesForever, as well as a whole host of NPCs. Just look at the characters page.
- We're a Family of Professional Ghost Hunters: Felix Bianco
- Heroes and Villains: Haruno Kamikaze
- We're Animals in a Post-Apocalyptic Town: Percy the Porcupine
- We Are All Space Mercenaries: Grantor Reversibly
- Run Your Nation: Michael Prince
- We Are All Toys: James-in-the-box
- Welcome to Your Nation: Pierre duPont-Devereaux II
- We Have All Become Pokémon: Anthony the Aerodactyl
- The Great Zodiac's Twisted Game Show: Murphy Midas
- We Are All Monsters: Oznog the Shapeshifter
- We Are All Sea Creatures: Alexis the Jellyfish
- We're a Team of Adventurers and We're a Band of Adventurers: Clive Handforth
Also, some of these are more abstract than others. It's weird.
- Actual Beatrice: Penny Lane
- The Advertisement Server: Taxman
- Anza_sb: Octopus's Garden
- Heather: Beautiful Days (I know I said these'd all be Beatles songs, but this is like the exception that proves the rule.)
- Bluethorn: Hello Goodbye
- Def Revenge 24601: I'm not sure. (WIP. WIP.)
- DrNoPuma: Here Comes the Sun / Being for the Benefit of Mr. Kite!
- EeveeGirlChey: Magical Mystery Tour
- Murataku: We Can Work It Out
- MvflG: Strawberry Fields Forever
- Random Writer 413: What's the New Mary Jane
- Raspy Mink: Let It Be
- Taco Badger: Come Together
- Tre: Because
- Totally Not An Alien: Sun King
- William Radar Storm: Only A Northern Song
- ZeroL: I Am The Walrus
- TropesForever: I'm a Loser
- WIP: WIP. WIP WIP WIP WIP.
Before you go let me tell you the meaning of life. It's—
Warning: mysql_connect(): Database not found
Fatal error: mysql_query(): Content not found
UNRECOVERABLE DATABASE ERROR
If you've thought this page was funny, please consider throwing a compliment on my wall. However, if this page made you foam at the mouth with rage, I am extremely sorry, but we don't offer refunds. Ignoring for a moment that this page is free, I've probably already spent the money by now on web polish or something equally useless. You're welcome to send your complaints to TroperWall.Tropes Forever, but there's no guaruntee I or anyone else will ever actually read them. This may have something to do with the fact that the word is spelled "guarantee", not "guaruntee".
This is the end of the page. I promise. See, look; it's that toolbar thing!