Really weird French Stop Motion TV show, created by Marlou Films, which ran from 1991 to 2000. In each episode, fruit appears in a basket in a black, empty room. Then an opera woman sings "Soupe Opéra!". This sets off the background music, which is made up of very '90s drums with assorted weird noises. Then the fruit starts moving, cutting itself up to form animals. Once assembled, they perform an action, like eating the food or making even more weird noises. This repeats four times throughout the episode. There's no other plot.
It can be viewed here. And believe us, it has to be seen to be believed.
Not to be confused with a Soap Opera, although that may be where the show gets its name.
- Jump Scare: The knives that come out of nowhere at 1:30 in this video.
- No Plot? No Problem!: A rare non-video game example.
- Planimal: The animals are all made of fruits and vegetables.
- Repetitive Audio Glitch: This happened to the opera singer's voice one time.
- Shout-Out: After it's created, a rabbit checks its pocket watch and runs away.
- Stock Animal Diet: The mouse eats cheese after it's created, as does the rat.
- Title Drop: The opera singer singing "Soupe Opéra!"
- Widget Series: A definite WTF (Weird Thing from France). See the description.