After several closed betas, the game entered "Early Access" in 4/16/2019, and can be purchased from the Playstation Store.
- All Just a Dream: ...it's kinda in the title.
- Butt-Monkey: Most of the tutorials center around helping Connie reach Cuthbert, who is always finding himself in some pickle.
- Damn You, Muscle Memory!: Unlike in LittleBigPlanet, nearly everything in the Dream Shaper is done with motion controls (either using the Dualshock 4's motion sensor or a Playstation Move controller). While this works well for manipulating objects in a 3D space, you might find yourself hitting the Undo button while trying to navigate a menu with the D-Pad.
- Level Editor: Like its predecessor LittleBigPlanet, but even more powerful. In fact, it's basically a game engine at this point!
- Random Events Plot: Invoked by Dreamsurfing, wherein you play through a random selection of scenes with only a short transition between them. One moment you could be wandering through a haunted art gallery, while the next you could be playing a 2-D platforming game.
- Scenery Porn: Just look at this trailer! Keep in mind that this was all made in Dreams.
- Spiritual Successor: To LittleBigPlanet.