In the forums, you'll most likely find me in Forum Games, because to be honest I'm all over that place like a rash.
Things I like that you've probably never heard of (And if you have, please tell me, I'm serious): Thunderstone, Mental As Anything, Clockstoppers, The Codotverse, Evil Genius Trilogy, Titus, the Spellslinger series.
I really like the band Mental As Anything, and I might eventually make a page for them, since they don't seem to have one yet. I've met Greedy, and gotten his signature and a picture. I haven't met Martin, but I would like to. If you know of them and like them, please feel free to say so. My favourite music video is He's Just No Good For You. Give it a look, if you like.
If I mention some show/game/book/whatever you have a burning desire to talk about, I will most probably be more than happy to squee over it with you.
I made a page for a thing. Thunderstone. If you've ever heard of it, please do go there and add things. It'll make me quite happy, promise.
http://archiveofourown.org/users/Murataku/pseuds/Murataku?hide_banner=true Here's me on Archive Of Our Own.
- The Flying Nun
- Doctor Who
- My favourite Doctors are Seven and Twelve, though Four, Three and Nine are pretty cool too. I dislike Ten. Tennant fangirls, bring it.
- Red Dwarf
- Lister is one of my favourite characters ever and has been since I was a kid. My love for this show runs smegging deep. As in, "Watching this show is literally one of my first clear memories" deep.
- Also the back of his jacket from Series X on looks amazing. Seriously look it up. I want one.
- Whose Line Is It Anyway?
- Black Books
- This particular Riddler is one of my favourite characters ever and has been since I was a kid.
- A Series of Unfortunate Events (2017)
- The Good Place
- Michael And Janet best "people".
- Better Late Than Never
- Henry is adorable.
- Lie to Me
- The Addams Family
- I like both the original and The New Addams Family.
- Brooklyn Nine-Nine
- How I Met Your Mother
- The Mighty Boosh
- Favourite song: Don't Stop Me Now
- Reel Big Fish
- Favourite songs: The Way, You're an Ocean, I Will Never Let You Down, Out of My Head, Just Another Dream.
- Mental As Anything
- Favourite songs: He's Just No Good For You, Live It Up, Dance With You, Shake Off Your Sandals, Mr Natural, The Luckiest Player.
- Paul Kelly
- Favourite songs: Dumb Things, To Her Door.
- Crowded House
- Favourite songs: Better Be Home Soon. Don't Dream It's Over, Something So Strong.
- The Living End
- Favourite Songs: Second Solution, West End Riot, Save the Day, Who's Gonna Save Us.
- Japanese-style curry
- Hot Cross Buns
- Fairy Bread
Headcanons, Gitcher Headcanons Here!
- SAM GOT HOME DAMMIT!
- And after he got home, Al refused to let him out of his sight for like a week.
- After the incident where Al and Sam partially switched personalities, even after switching back both were still left with a tiny bit of each other still in there. They actually like it, as it makes it feel like they're not stuck so far apart.
- The Doctor doesn't actually notice as Ace ages, and continues to treat her like a rowdy teenager well into her twenties. Ace hasn't noticed either. Time travel'll do that to ya.
- The 12th Doctor is kinda-sorta autistic. - I'm happy to explain why if you like.
- Jon and Eddie: Friends who hate each other. BWAHA! CONFIRMED!
- They both worked this out on the same day. This was also the day both of them got inexplicably angry and threw something. I'm sure it's not related.
- Query and Echo played love songs like the entire car ride away from Pyg's farm. Eddie was annoyed, Jon was too exhausted to care.
- Jon can't really sing. He just sorta barks the lyrics in an irritated monotone. Jossed. He sings quite well.
- Instead, the fact that Jon is willing to sing with Eddie, even though he complains, is meant to be taken as a compliment.
- Eddie is more frightened of Scarecrow than the others because 1. He's seen firsthand what Scarecrow can do and 2. Back when they worked together Scarecrow used to torment him for kicks.
- Quill automatically freezes up or ducks for cover whenever he hears whistling.
- He's determined that Rocket must never find out.
- A surprising amount of people, when seeing Klaue in his more enthusiastic moments, have thought to themselves "Holy crap, I think he bites."
- Klaue actually did bite someone once.
- Tony has been providing Bruce with a place to live and work ever since the first Avengers movie.
- There are just two Galahads now. Who cares if it gets confusing. People use Senior and Junior to differentiate.
- Harry still occasionally misses a shot or loses his focus. Eggsy watches his back. Nobody mentions churches in Kentucky if they can help it.
- Eggsy doesn't say anything, but he is utterly terrified that Harry might one day get triggered back into a rampage somehow, and on that day Eggsy will have to put a bullet through his brain again himself.
- Yes, Harry has noticed that Eggsy looks exactly like a mini-Harry when in Kingsman gear. He has no idea how to take it.
- Harry and Eggsy's mum's first meeting since Eggsy was tiny was...awkward, to say the least.
- Okay more specifically she shouted and slapped him, and he took it.
- Harry is probably gay, but is not into Eggsy. He is Eggsy's spy dad.
- Merlin, Roxy, and JB all made it out alive. If Harry can do it, so can they!
- Miguel can now see the dead whenever they show up.
- Héctor continues to lie and cheat to get what he needs, even after the events of the movie. He also still acts happy to hide when he's upset or in a bad situation. He's not used to actually having a family to rely on, and old habits die hard.
- Skeletons try to avoid coming apart if they can help it. The fact that Héctor does it as casually as breathing worries his reunited family to no end. (Headcanon adopted from a fanfic.)
- Skeletons stay permanently the mental age and level of maturity they were at when they died. So, for example, Héctor will act like he's in his early 20s forever.
- Michael is always lying about something. Even if it's just what flavour frozen yoghurt he ate that morning. He feels bad about it, but he just can't help it.
- In the same vein, while Michael does like and enjoy his humans (especially in the sense that they're his humans), he still is careful to alter how he presents this affection so it takes a form they'll like. He lies and plays a role almost by default, so it's natural for him to try to show emotion in a way that will get the best reaction.
- Also, it really is only Michael's four humans and his specific Janet that he cares about. He'll be polite to other people/demons/whatever, but they don't exactly matter.
- Though he's got the hang of it now, Michael struggled with treating the humans as friends at first. He got by for ages by simply asking himself "What would I do here if I was talking to Janet?" and going with that.
- Jason was responsible for at least half of all 'Florida Man' newspaper headlines printed during his lifetime.
- Lister painted all the designs on the backs of his jackets himself, having taught himself to paint properly out of boredom. He eventually takes to painting whatever surfaces take his fancy, including large sections of the inside and some of the outside of the ship. He'd do his sleeping quarters too but Rimmer won't let him.
- Lister is trying to grow his dreads long enough to dangle in Rimmer's face from the top bunk.
- The crew somehow make it back to Earth, only to find it mostly flooded and almost entirely devoid of life or vegetation. Humanity truly is extinct. There is nothing left. In response, Lister declares the pathetic spit of an island they're standing on "Fiji" and sets up a beach umbrella. The Last Human is home.
- Esme once deliberately got the smell of ashes on her clothes in an attempt to get Olaf to pay her more attention. It worked.
- No seriously, probably one of the quickest ways to get Olaf's attention in any situation is to light a match.
- There actually were bite marks on Jacques's corpse, and they got there exactly how you think they did. When you're planning a frame-up it's go big or go home.
- Olaf stinks. We're talking dust and sweat and dirt and ashes and booze and blood and cigarette smoke and who knows what else.
- Vimes becomes something like the guardian deity of coppers after dying. Can be found on long chases, in the shadows, and behind any copper whose back is to the wall. Vimes is, of course, really annoyed about this.
- Failing that, he becomes a zombie. Because he is Too Angry To Die.
- Vimes has a tattoo of his badge on his upper arm.
- Without Howard around to bring him back down to earth, Vince would have ended up like the Crack Fox.
- Howard and Vince got the night shift a lot at the Zooniverse, or at least Howard did because nobody else wanted the job and Vince just naturally took the same shift, so eventually they just flat out moved into the keeper hut full-time. If anybody noticed, they didn't really care. When they moved into the flat it was just natural to have two beds in the one room, since that was what they'd gotten used to.
- Vince continues to be the Midnight Barber, no matter how many times Howard wakes up during it and shouts at him. Howard eventually gave up fighting him off, partially because it never helps and partially because Vince does do a good job.
- Howard does, as claimed, cook for the two, straighten Vince's hair, and make him little cakes. Overall they both appear hilariously domestic to pretty much everyone.
- Dakota doesn't like letting Cavendish go off alone, for obvious reasons.
- Actually that whole thing bothers him a lot more than he lets on.
- There's a law stating that any Murphy family gathering larger than 5 or so people must be reported to the emergency services ahead of time.
- The whole of Danville is constantly wavering between being hit by Murphy's Law and the Phineas and Ferb Effect. Makes life...interesting there.
- The "Mysterious Force" that took Phineas and Ferb's inventions away was actually due to Murphy's Law.
- Dakota hates being called "selfish". That word specifically gets on every nerve he has.
- Cavendish is a distant Murphy relative.
- Alec was jealous of Cal. Zoe was jealous of Gillian. This contributed at least in part to the divources.
- Cal has a habit of entwining himself in Gillian's life as much as possible as a way to tick off anyone she's with, though. So that didn't help.
- Cal is on the spectrum. - I'm happy to explain why I think this if you like.
- Cal and Gillian did get together in the end.
- Nobody in the office was surprised. Most had been taking bets on when it would happen.
- Loker was a shut-in working in a university basement before the Lightman Group nabbed him.
- Cal's behaviour in season 3 mostly due to stress: Stress over writer's block, Emily being nowhere near a child anymore, all the dangerous shit that's happened to him and everybody else lately, etc. He was handling it very poorly.
- Dr. Horrible is not a split personality. He is, however, at least partially a crutch Billy uses to cover his social anxiety and self-esteem issues.
- Penny had noticed how often Billy seemed to get himself hurt, and was getting worried.
- Moist has been worrying about the Doc since day one.
- After the events of the musical, Moist is probably the only reason Dr. Horrible sleeps and eats with any regularity. Or does anything to look after himself at all.
- Penny died partially from being not in the best of health even before the shrapnel hit her, and partially because the shrapnel came from a backfiring Death Ray and was coated with...residual death, or something.
- After the events of the musical our good Doc is more or less dead inside, emotionally. He does big, flashy crime, he gives evil monologues, he chats to Moist, but there's no feeling to any of it. Most people find it fricking creepy.
- The point of no return for the story was Dr Horrible choosing to go through with the Wonderflonium heist instead of calling it off to talk to Penny. After that there was no way for things to not end how they did.
Since apparently you're not meant to have Character pages for tropers or something, this is now where the tropes for my Pokemon live. This is partially to let others learn their personalities (since I made them up), and partially to help me remember stuff I made up because I forget things like that. So. This list will be added to as I use more Pokemon in Forum Games. I get the feeling this thing might get long.
Pokemon Sun Team:
The team's long-suffering boss-lady. She calls the shots.
- Amusing Injuries: She is covered with bruises and burns from her team's attempts at showing her affection. And by "her team" I mean "mostly Yves".
- Impossibly Tacky Clothes: Thinks nothing of parading around in a Team Skull shirt, a rainbow hat, huge yellow sunglasses, and a white pixie cut. With blue lipstick. Flora is in complete despair.
- Nightmare Fetishist: Not overtly, but judging by how many of her pokemon are Dark or Ghost types, there might be something to it.
- Punny Name: Gives them out whenever possible.
The trainer's first Pokemon. Her big, brave firekitty. Named because....I like the name.
- Colour-Coded for Your Convenience: His speech is written in red.
- Does Not Know His Own Strength: The trainer is covered with bruises and burns from his attempts at showing her friendly affection.
- Funetik Aksent: If bloody only. I imagine him sounding like a Violent Glaswegian...but since I cannot for the life of me replicate that accent in text, we're stuck with generic tough guy yelling. Although I am starting to try to model his speech off Scottish Twitter. Godspeed me.
- Hot-Blooded: Very
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Yves is noisy and aggressive, but he loves "the girly" dearly and will do anything for her. Yes, even run from a battle. But he doesn't have to like it.
- No Indoor Voice: Absolutely none at all. Yves has two volumes: "loud" and "louder".
- Running Gag: He keeps accidentally burning his trainer, hurling her into trees, getting her kidnapped by bird Pokemon, setting the bird Pokemon on fire while they're still carrying her, etc.
- Sitcom Arch-Nemesis: Has a special, totally one-sided rivalry with "Machumps", mostly because they get to be Ride Pokemon while the first time Yves tried to pick his trainer up he accidentally hurled her into a tree.
- The Nicknamer: Comes up with the most nicknames of the group. His trainer is "the girly", any and all Machamps are "Machumps", Ultra Beasts are "Ultra Berks", and so on.
- Violent Glaswegian: What he would sound like if I didn't suck at writing accents. Sorry.
The trainer's worryingly loyal rockdog. Named as an in-joke about an OC...which doesn't work anymore since the OC has since been renamed. Oh well.
- Berserk Button: Threatening his trainer. Less reasonably, he is also enraged by seeing other Pokemon disobey their trainers.
- Colour-Coded for Your Convenience: His speech is in grey.
- Blind Obedience: Oyaji will always obey the trainer, no matter what she asks of him. The idea of something she asks him to do being wrong is completely unthinkable.
- Former Teen Rebel: As a Rockruff he was quite badly-behaved, and he is now desperate to make up for that. He was no worse than any other Rockruff, but try telling him that.
- Giver of Lame Names: Oyaji is not very imaginative and tends to give out purely descriptive names such as "Small Spider", "Mask Person", etc.
- Insistent Terminology: The trainer is called "Trainer". Or "Master". Not "the girly".
- Literal-Minded: Very. When asked to lighten up, he replied that he cannot, as he is heavy. Because he is made of rock.
- No Sense Of Humour: Try as he might, Oyaji does not understand jokes. He probably never will.
- Poke the Poodle: During his horribly rebellious phase as a Rockruff he cruelly....peed on the bean tree in Isle Abeens. The horror.
- Running Gag: Oyaji's quest to understand humour. He'll never work it out. Also his trainer's many attempts at teaching him to think for himself.
- Spock Speak: Speaks in a fairly detached, formal manner and very rarely uses contractions, metaphors, etc.
- The Comically Serious: Oyaji has never lightened up. He has no idea what the expression even means.
The trainer's extremely chill insect friend, bro. Has been on the team since forever. Named after public transport because Chargabug looks like a bus.
- Colour-Coded for Your Convenience: His speech is in green.
- Face of a Thug: Looks very intimidating. Is ridiculously chill.
- Nice Guy: Probably the nicest Pokemon on the team, despite his intimidating looks.
- Surfer Dude: Well, he speaks like one, anyway.
- Verbal Tic: Tooootally speaks like a surfer, bro.
The trainer's...slightly creepy Pikachu/Ghost/Who knows. He just wants love. Named after Plastic Man, because one is desperate for approval and the other one is a Mimikyu.
- Colour-Coded for Your Convenience: His speech is in pink.
- Ac CENT Upon The Wrong Syl LA Ble: PLaS tAlk likE ThIs.
- Angrish: Resorts to unintelligible hissing (and occasionally white noise) when angered.
- Creepy Good: He's part of the trainer's team and a good guy. He's also a creepy little thing.
- I Just Want to Be Loved: Plas wants to be loved as much as Pikachu is. Give him love, guys. He's desperate.
- Running Gag: His attempts to sing, dance, draw, etc are always...interesting. Which is to say, needlessly creepy.
- Third-Person Person: Plas always refers to himself by his name.
- You No Take Candle: Plas speaks rather brokenly, mostly because he's a creepy little thing.
The trainer's prim and proper bugflower. Grace and beauty, with a razor edge. A rather late addition to the regular team, compared to the others. Namesake is rather obvious, isn't it?
- Colour-Coded for Your Convenience: Her speech is pink.
- Green Thumb: Well, yes.
- I Want My Trainer to be Fashionable: She really wishes her trainer would share her dress sense. Or at least stop wearing those obnoxious giant yellow sunglasses.
- Lady of War: Graceful she may be, but she's a fighter all the same. She'll cut you....she'll just do it elegantly.
- Silk Hiding Steel: Flora is gentle and polite...and has a will of iron.
- The Fashionista: Fittingly for her appearance, Flora is the most fashion-oriented of the team. Unfortunately for her, her trainer is not quite so style-conscious.
The trainer's little ice jerk. A very new addition, and by far the youngest on the team. Named because I always call my Sneasels Rag. And why? Because once I was young, and read this great nickname in a book, and named my Sneasel after it, and somehow managed not to realise that "Toe Rag" is actually an insult. Oy.
- Blatant Lies: She's totally not scared of battling Fighting types. She's just so sure she'd win that she doesn't even need to fight them to prove it. Cos she'd win. Totally. She's not scared.
- Bratty Half-Pint: She's like the entire team's bratty younger sister, basically.
- Colour-Coded for Your Convenience: Her speech is purple.
- Embarrassing First Name: She's called Rag. Okay, so as far as she knows she's named after the tattered rag she uses as a bandana around her neck, but it's still a dumb name.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: It's, um, in there somewhere.
- Scarf Of Asskicking: Rag wears a tattered bandana around her neck, as can be seen in the avatar kindly given to me by whizzerd.
- Third-Person Person: Does this occasionally, mostly due to her immaturity. The oddest part is she doesn't actually like her name that much.
- Token Evil Teammate: By far the nastiest Pokemon on the team. Well, the brattiest, anyway.
- Younger Than They Look: Rag appears to be fully-grown, but by human standards, she is actually only in her early teens.
The trainer's sketchy, stoic bird with a mean streak. Jon is another new boy, and the rest of the team doesn't really know what to make of him. This suits Jon just fine. Named for the Batman villain, Scarecrow.
- Aloof Ally: Jon is on the team's side, and he usually does what the trainer asks of him with minimal complaints. But he makes no attempt to be part of the team, ever.
- Ambiguously Evil: Follows the trainer without any real complaints, but is mostly on his own side and nobody can work him out. Also there's the stealing.
- Beware the Quiet Ones: Doesn't lose his temper easily. But when he does, he loses it.
- Colour-Coded for Your Convenience: His speech is grey.
- Hates Small Talk: He doesn't really see the point.
- It Amused Me: Sometimes does cruel things for no real reason other than he has a mean streak and thinks it's kinda funny.
- Loners Are Freaks: Well, the rest of the team so far think so. They're not sure.
- Messy Hair: His tail feathers are extremely scruffy, even by Murkrow standards. He doesn't seem to care.
- No Sense Of Humour: What the team assumes about him. Jon actually does have one, but it's very dry, and exists entirely for his own benefit. You'll never catch him telling a joke to amuse someone else.
- Southern Gentleman: Well, I imagine him with this accent. But, as with Yves, as I cannot write this accent you'll just have to use your imaginations. Sorry.
- Thieving Magpie: Has an eye for shiny things and other interesting objects, and has been known to steal them.
- The Quiet One: By far the quietest and coldest of the team, to the point where it's actually kinda creepy.
- The Stoic: Pretty much nothing rattles him much, or for long.
Pokemon Ultra Moon Team:
The brothers, having been returned to their trainer through methods the other team can't really explain, are back with their own team and ready to go! Note: This team is no less a bunch of dorks than the one above.
Midas's friendly but spooky birb-bro. Although he has a generally laid-back but quietly confident nature, there's just something eerie about this one. Named partially for the predatory animal, and partially (sort of) for Martin Plaza from Mental as Anything.
- Blood Brothers: When it was pointed out that, being different species, he and Midas cannot really be related, he claimed they were this. They scary part is, we believe him.
- Blood Knight: Not usually, but if he gets excited enough in a fight he can show shades of this. Once, after a particularly long fight, he slipped into it fully, wild laughter and everything. It took Midas coming to talk him down to get him back to normal.
- Colour-Coded for Your Convenience: His speech is dark green.
- Creepy Good: A good guy, and even usually fairly good-natured. Still scares people.
- Nightmare Fetishist: Is almost creepily interested in things like ghost stories or monsters, and seems to get a bit of a kick out of creeping people out.
Marten's big, doofy "brother". With his big grin, weird stories and near-constant good mood, Midas helps take the edge off his brother's eeriness. Named, in an incredibly roundabout way, for Greedy Smith from Mental as Anything.
- Big Eater: Constantly snacking.
- Big Fun: He's rather large for his species, and is a constant source of good humour.
- Blood Brothers: Like Marten, when it was pointed out that he and his "brother" cannot really be related, he claimed this. However, unlike Marten, he never tells the story the same way twice.
- Cheer Them Up with Laughter: His default method of cheering someone up is to make them laugh, even if it's at himself. Also deployed when Marten starts creeping people out again.
- Colour-Coded for Your Convenience: His speech is gold.
- Insult Backfire: There's no point trying to insult him. He'll just grin, or even nod and cheerfully agree with you.
- The Storyteller: Midas loves to tell stories, and will do so at every opportunity. The stories themselves are...interesting, being strange, rambling tales with details that seem to change with every telling. He swears they're all true, though.
- Verbal Tic: Tends to stutter a little and repeat words when rambling, as if the words are just falling out of his mouth.
Haley's topsy-turvy squiddy. Gets mixed up and may not be altogether there, but damn if she isn't enthusiastic. Has recently evolved and, while she hasn't lost her enthusiasm, her backwards-talking has gotten a little...odd, lately. Named for Alice Cooper.
- Aborted Arc: It started out that her black and red speech was evil. I decided it was funnier if it was just weird instead.
- Cloud Cuckoolander: She's...a little bit out there.
- Colour-Coded for Your Convenience: Her speech is pink. Except when it's red on black.
- Verbal Tic: Often accidentally says things in reverse when she starts speaking.
Haley's paranoid, defensive ghost bones. Is actually a girl, despite the name. Who hurt her. Named, in a kinda roundabout way, for comedian Christopher Titus.
- Berserk Button: Don't imply she can't look after herself. Especially don't imply she won't find enough to eat. After she was abandoned she had trouble finding food, and often went hungry.
- Colour-Coded for Your Convenience: Her speech is in grey.
- Dark and Troubled Past: Was abandoned by her previous trainer as a Cubone, hence her trust issues.
- Don't You Dare Pity Me!: Tends to lash out at anyone who tries to comfort her about her past.
- Gender-Blender Name: Haley mistook Nero for a male upon catching her, hence the masculine name.
- Jade-Colored Glasses: Nero mistrusts...basically everyone, really. And everything.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: It's in there somewhere. She just takes a loooong time to warm up to people.
Haley's clumsy superhero. Wants to do good. Too bad she never really got the hang of aiming her electricity. Points for trying? Named after the main character from My Life As A Teenage Robot.
- Colour-Coded for Your Convenience: Her speech is gold.
- Named After Somebody Famous: Haley named her Jenny after an Officer Jenny saved her life. This is what inspired Jenny to try to help others.
- Nice Guy: A genuinely nice and enthusiastic Pokemon who only wants to help.
- Power Incontinence: Has a lot of trouble controlling her electricity, causing her to do a lot more damage than she means to. She also really can't aim.
- Younger Than They Look: Younger than she looks, having only recently evolved.
Haley's somewhat psycho rocker (heh). Likes loud music and playing waaay too rough. Thankfully she manages to only point it at her opponents. Named after Suzi Quatro.
- Blood Knight: Ooooh geez yes. Suzi loves fights and goes absolutely nuts during them. Her and Marten teaming up for a Double Battle is basically Haley's worst nightmare.
- Colour-Coded for Your Convenience: Her speech is red.
- Foil: She is everything Oyaji isn't, basically.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Love of fighting and general noise aside, Suzi does want the best for everyone. She's just rough as hell about it.