It is actually a revival of ITT: We Are All Pirates (Apr. 15, 2018-May 8, 2018), which was started by Heather. Although the original thread unfortunately petered out, Puma was still interested in the concept and, with Heather's permission, started a reboot of the thread that grew beyond the scope of the original.
The story takes place in a world roughly similar to that of The Golden Age of Piracy, but with fantasy elements including magic and fantastical creatures. The story kicks off with Melvin, a former pirate, and his cousin Duane, meeting a bunch of strangers in a tavern, and they decide to join together on a quest to find the Legendary Egg, a magical artifact once owned by the famed adventurer Captain Pollock. Pollock is said to have gone on a journey just before he died to hide the pieces of the Egg on islands around the sea. Once assembled, the Egg is said to have wish-granting powers, making it highly sought after. Our pirates will just have to work together to get the Egg pieces...
Tropes found in this roleplay include:
- The Alleged Car: Downplayed. Melvin's ship, the Zenpance, is described as looking rather run-down, which is supported by Melvin being envious of other pirates' ships, but it is still accommodating enough for the whole crew.
- Animal-Themed Superbeing: People affected by Beast Blood, or simply called Beasts. They have abilities based on whatever creature or combination of creatures was used to create their specific concoction.
- Big Bad Ensemble: There is no central Big Bad, but some of the player characters have their own "Big Bads" in their lives. Lampshaded when the pirates jokingly note that there are tons of people who want to kill them.
- Bilingual Bonus: The island where the thread starts is called Inmundo, which is Spanish for "filthy", just to show that some of the characters have a lowly beginning.
- Chuck Cunningham Syndrome: With the exception of Klamptrap and Parada, there has currently been no sign of any other characters from the thread's original incarnation in the rebooted thread.
- Dismantled MacGuffin: The Legendary Egg, a magical item that can grant wishes... once it's assembled. The problem is, the six pieces have been scattered on different islands, leaving the crew to solve the clues left behind to find each one.
- Fantasy Kitchen Sink: Where else would you find shape-shifting dragons, witches, and sentient treasure chests all in one place? And that's just the tip of the iceberg...
- Fluffy the Terrible: After defeating the guardian of the third Egg Shard on Kiosion Island—a giant, nearly-invulnerable stone spider—the crew learns that its name was Fred.
- Furry Confusion: The Sliding Scale of Anthropomorphism in the thread runs across the board with humanoid animals (such as cat Bright Eyes, the wolf people of Klaer, the sea-life bank employees in Barhaven), bipedal accessory-wearing or half-dressed Funny Animals (Melvin, Ezekiel, Ira, and Victor), a couple of uplifted animals (Jerrid, Pablo), sapient animals who are just unable to talk (the Sharkazil), and just normal animals. Lampshaded when the crew meets the vargar on Klaer and the anthropomorphic differences between them and Jerrid is lampshaded.
- Gotta Catch Them All: Melvin's crew is on a quest to find the six shards of the Legendary Egg.
- Lions and Tigers and Humans... Oh, My!: Humans, Funny Animals, and monsters all inhabit this world and act like normal people, although there are also creatures who act less human.
- Loads and Loads of Characters: While there are already quite a few player characters, the cast is made even bigger by the fact that almost each one has multiple NPCs in their own stories.
- Pirate Girl: The crew of the Zenpance includes several female pirates, including Sennen, Gabrielle, Jane, Mikaela, Parada, and Bright Eyes. Each one of them has their own special abilities that have proven time and time again to be valuable to the crew.
- Power-Up Food: Beast Blood, an incredibly rare type of concoction which contains some kind of DNA of any one or combination of creatures. Drinking it grants abilities and traits resembling the creature(s) used as part of the ingredients, or some mutation of one. Some folks known to have ingested some version of it include Jane (became a stone woman), Kauri (gained the ability to jump high and cling to walls), Georgia (gained healing powers), and Pablo (a previously non-anthropomorphic whale shark who became a Sizeshifter).
- Ragtag Bunch of Misfits: The crew currently includes the likes of a giant bipedal rat, one normal-sized rat, a stone woman, two kids, a shape-shifting dragon, a raccoon privateer, a witch with amnesia, and a talking treasure chest.
- The thread itself is named after the Queen Anne's Revenge, Blackbeard's ship.
- Melvin's ship, the Zenpance, is a Spoonerism of "Penzance", as in The Pirates of Penzance.
- Captain Pollock, former owner of the Legendary Egg, is named after Mike Pollock, voice actor of Dr. Eggman.
- Several characters in the thread are either an Expy or a partial Expy, including Melvin, Ira, and Gabrielle.
- In which Gabrielle makes an obligatory Star Wars reference during the Zenpance's first appearance:
- Gabrielle: ...You came in that thing? You're braver than I thought.
- You All Meet in an Inn: Played with. Both this thread and the original Pirates thread begin with the first couple player characters meeting each other in a tavern. However, there is no "mysterious stranger" that sends them on their quest, they just befriend each other and decide on their own to go adventuring. Add to that, barring those who came onto the ship after the group collected the first Egg shard, not everyone met in the tavern: at the beginning of the RP, Ezekiel is actually locked up in the bowels of the Zenpance, having encountered Melvin and Duane before they sought out other crew members.