It is actually a revival of ITT: We Are All Pirates (Apr. 15, 2018-May 8, 2018), which was started by Heather. Although the original thread unfortunately petered out, Puma was still interested in the concept and, with Heather's permission, started a reboot of the thread that grew beyond the scope of the original.
The story takes place in a world roughly similar to that of The Golden Age of Piracy, but with fantasy elements including magic and fantastical creatures. The story kicks off with Melvin, a former pirate, and his cousin Duane, meeting a bunch of strangers in a tavern, and they decide to join together on a quest to find the Legendary Egg, a magical artifact once owned by the famed adventurer Captain Pollock. Pollock is said to have gone on a journey just before he died to hide the pieces of the Egg on islands around the sea. Once assembled, the Egg is said to have wish-granting powers, making it highly sought after. Our pirates will just have to work together to get the Egg pieces...
Tropes found in this roleplay include:
- The Alleged Car: Downplayed. Melvin's ship, the Zenpance, is described as looking rather run-down, which is supported by Melvin being envious of other pirates' ships, but it is still accommodating enough for the whole crew.
- Big-Bad Ensemble: There is no central Big Bad, but some of the player characters have their own "Big Bads" in their lives. Lampshaded when the pirates jokingly note that there are tons of people who want to kill them.
- Bilingual Bonus: The island where the thread starts is called Inmundo, which is Spanish for "filthy", just to show that some of the characters have a lowly beginning.
- Chuck Cunningham Syndrome: With the exception of Klamptrap and Parada, there has currently been no sign of any other characters from the thread's original incarnation in the rebooted thread.
- Dismantled MacGuffin: The Legendary Egg, a magical item that can grant wishes... once it's assembled. The problem is, the six pieces have been scattered on different islands, leaving the crew to solve the clues left behind to find each one.
- Fantasy Kitchen Sink: Where else would you find shape-shifting dragons, witches, and sentient treasure chests all in one place? And that's just the tip of the iceberg...
- Gotta Catch Them All: Melvin's crew is on a quest to find the six shards of the Legendary Egg.
- Lions and Tigers and Humans... Oh, My!: Humans, Funny Animals, and monsters all inhabit this world and act like normal people, although there are also creatures who act less human.
- Loads and Loads of Characters: While there are already quite a few player characters, the cast is made even bigger by the fact that almost each one has multiple NPCs in their own stories.
- Ragtag Bunch of Misfits: The crew currently includes the likes of a giant bipedal rat, one normal-sized rat, a stone woman, two kids, a shape-shifting dragon, a raccoon privateer, a witch with amnesia, and a talking treasure chest.
- The thread itself is named after the Queen Anne's Revenge, Blackbeard's ship.
- Melvin's ship, the Zenpance, is a Spoonerism of "Penzance", as in The Pirates of Penzance.
- Captain Pollock, former owner of the Legendary Egg, is named after Mike Pollock, voice actor of Dr. Eggman.
- Bishop Rosamund's design is essentially a more anthropomorphised and significantly less monstrous Vicar Amelia. The Isle of Abasta, location of the fourth Egg Shard, is steeped in Bloodborne references in general, but this is the most blatant one.
- Several characters in the thread are either an Expy or a partial Expy, including Melvin, Ira, and Gabrielle.
- In which Gabrielle makes an obligatory Star Wars reference during the Zenpance's first appearance:
- Gabrielle: ...You came in that thing? You're braver than I thought.
- You All Meet in an Inn: Played with. Both this thread and the original Pirates thread begin with the first couple player characters meeting each other in a tavern. However, there is no "mysterious stranger" that sends them on their quest, they just befriend each other and decide on their own to go adventuring.
- Add to that, barring those who came onto the ship after the group collected the first Egg shard, not everyone met in the tavern: at the beginning of the RP, Ezekiel is actually locked up in the bowels of the Zenpance, having encountered Melvin and Duane before they sought out other crew members.