In-progress. This is the character sheet for Legend of Legaia. It is recommended to play the game before reading, as its marked with spoilers.
As a whole
- Bad Ass Boast: Several for each, but they all use Hisastu, one hit kill, when using their Hyper Arts.
- Freudian Trio: Vahn is Ego, Noa is Id, Gala is Superego.
- Summon Magic: Via their Ra-Seru companions.
- The Symbiote: Mutualism. A Ra-Seru is more powerful when fused with a human and the heroes can use their powers so they all benefit from the relationship.
- Sympathetic Sentient Weapon: Ozma, Terra, Meta. Though being weapons is not their purpose. They are to aid mankind from the Mist and their most powerful ability is to revive the Genesis Trees and repel the Mist. Though make no mistake, their abilities make the wearers incredibly powerful.
- True Companions: All 6 of them.
Vahn is the first main protagonist of the game. After Juggernaut busts through Rim Elm's wall, Vahn approaches the glowing Genesis Tree, from which Meta comes out. He is then chosen by Meta, and after eradicating the Mist from Rim Elm, he begins his journey to save the world from the Mist.
- Armed Legs: While most most boots probably count due to the games fighting-game like combat system the Ra-Seru boots, the strongest boots for Vahn in the game, get a special mention. In addition to covering Vahn's legs all the way up to the knee, which would obviously make his kicks much more dangerous, they also allow Vahn to hit floating enemies with the low command making floating enemies MUCH less annoying. Vahn will also be the only character capable of hitting any enemy in the game with all commands.
- BFS: The Astral Sword. It's Awesome, but Impractical as it causes Vahn's Arm block to enlarge.
- Breaking the Fourth Wall: One of his battle quotes translates to "I am the main character".
- Chronic Hero Syndrome: Ever since he's a child, Vahn has always had the tendency to help somebody in need. Sometimes, he's rash when it comes about helping the people he cares about.
- As revealed in the dream at Uru Mais. In his childhood, Vahn snuck out of Rim Elm to get some Drake Water to save his dying mother. However, this only caused his father to sacrifice his legs to save him.
- When the pillar holding Hari's residence is about to collapse in Underground Octam, Vahn rushes in an attempt to save them, only to be blocked by Gala.
- Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass: Somewhat. The dialogue choices given imply that Vahn is forgetful and a bit derpy in normal situations, but becomes very competent when things get serious.
- Dance Battler: His fighting style is a mix of Kickboxing and Capoeira, with lots of spinning, acrobatics, and plenty of kicks.
- Diving Kick: Slash Kick and Power Slash.
- Extremity Extremist: Uses his legs a lot. His High and Low arts flow together much better than his Left and Right arts.
- Fire-Breathing Weapon: Vahn's Hyper Arts utilize Meta's ability to shoot out fire.
- Heroes Prefer Swords: His preferred weapon.
- Heroic Mime: Vahn doesn't speak throughout the game, but he is sometimes given choices in his dialogue. He does, notably, have his special kind of dialogue after his home town is fused with Juggernaut, and is a traumatic silence. This is an Averted Trope in the light novel adaptation.
- Pintsized Powerhouse: Not to the same extent as Noa, in size or damage, but he is a 14-year-old boy going up against all manner of creatures.
- Jack-of-All-Stats: Has no real strengths or weaknesses in terms of stats. His main strength is being able to play any role and being able to change it in the middle of battle. To be blunt; aside from a lack of flashy five-hit arts; his only real weakness is that he can't use water seru effectively.
- Playing with Fire: His element.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: He inherited it from his mother.
Noa is the second main protagonist of the game. Daughter of King Nebular and Queen Minea, during her infancy, she was eventually sent away from Conkram by her mother due to the Mist and Seru invasion. Unfortunately, the Soren who carried her soon lost his strength on top of Mt. Rikuroa and fell to his death. Landing in front of a Genesis Tree, Noa cried and was found by Terra, who then attached herself to a wolf that approached her. Since then, she lived in Snowdrift Cave with Terra until an earthquake struck and caused the Mist to infest the cave.
- Badass Adorable
- Blow You Away: Her element.
- Fiery Redhead: Red-haired and very energetic.
- Fragile Speedster / Glass Cannon: The fastest of the three heroes, but also have the lowest defensive stats. Due to the number of her art blocks, she deals the most damage despite her low strength.
- Genki Girl
- Hates Being Alone: She admits it after losing her faith on Terra.
- Hurricane Kick: Her final Hyper Art. Not quite a spinning kick, though. More like a flurry of wind powered kicks. Also has Jurassic Blow, a hidden art.
- Naïve Newcomer: Especially apparent when she first meets King Drake, in which she says that King Drake has whiskers.
- Parental Abandonment: Not quite at the beginning, but after the destruction of the Mist Generator at Jette's Absolute Fortress, her parents, who had been fused with the Sim-Seru that engulfed Conkram, died together with the Sim-Seru.
- Parental Substitute: Terra is one to her.
- Pintsized Powerhouse: Is a 10-ish-year-old girl — though she looks a few years older — but deals the highest amount of damage of the party members.
- Raised by Wolves: Literally, though it's a wolf controlled by the Ra-Seru Terra.
- Rapid-Fire Fisticuffs: Noa's high damage output is because her agility is so high that she can get a large amount of blows on her opponents. Her arts also combine very well so she flow them together and do great damage. Basically this is her whole fighting style. Her Hurricane Kick is a single move example.
- Wolverine Claws: One of her preferred weapons.
Gala is the third main protagonist of the game. After the death of his parents, he was raised by Maya and trained under Master Zopu at Biron Monastery. At first, he didn't truly welcome Vahn and Noa due to them wielding the Ra-Seru. However, after Songi's attack on Biron Monastery and meeting Ozma, he decided to wield a Ra-Seru as well.
- An Axe to Grind / Carry a Big Stick: His preferred weapons.
- Boring, but Practical: Noa and Vahn's arts are more fantastical than Gala's. Noa's arts have more in common with gymnastics than any real world martial arts and Vahn's style is more based in reality with just enough jumping and flipping to be interesting but not unrealistic. Gala's style is comprised of headbutts, guillotines, flurries of punches, knee kicks, and hammer fists. But while these moves are usually associated with Dumb Muscle and Unskilled, but Strong characters, Gala is a skilled and refined fighter who makes damn good use of them. His arts also don't combine as well as Vahn or Noa, and for the most part, he'll have one or two good combos until later in the game.
- The Comically Serious: Despite his seriousness, he performs very well in the stand-up comedy at Sol Broadway.
- Cutscene Power to the Max: Considering he can fly and flex in cutscenes, yeah this counts.
- Defrosting the Ice King: Isn't very nice to Vahn and Noa early on, but he slowly opens up to them.
- Friendly Rivalry: With Songi, but the same can't be said later on.
- Genius Bruiser: The wisest of the three heroes and is very knowledgeable at most things. He also has both high intelligence and physical strength.
- Ground Punch: The opening FMV has him creating fissures by punching the ground.
- Happily Adopted: Unique case. Gala doesn't speak about it much himself but Master Zopu and Maya became his and Songi's parental figures. Though Maya has a husband and Zopu is a Biron elder so there is nothing non-platonic between the two. They were however, all trapped in the monastery for ten years so it was similar to a traditional family unit.
- Irony: The only person with any reservations regarding the use of Seru (as a result of Biron's dogma against their use) on the team is also the best user of Seru due to having the highest intellect in the party. Expect Gala to spend most boss fights on healing duty while Noa (who was practically raised by a Ra-Seru) and Vahn (who takes no issue to the use of Seru) do most of the physical fighting.
- Magic Knight: Save agility and speed all of his stats surpass Vahn and Noa, that includes magic power as well.
- Magikarp Power: Gala starts at level 1 when his allies were grinding since the game started. Also, his agility is very low at the beggining, making him fall behind them. However, give him some time and see him hitting enemies like a truck and tanking damage like nobody's business.
- Mighty Glacier: Very slow, but has the highest attack and defense stats and HP.
- Parental Abandonment: Gala's parents are said to have been killed by the Seru when he was young.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: Blue to Songi's red.
- Shock and Awe: His element.
- The Stoic: Between his parents being killed at a young age, growing up in a Mist filled world, and his strained relationship with his adopted brother, Gala has had a stressful life. Biron monks also have a very formal demeanor and strict codes, but Gala seems to have dedicated himself to the monastery's practices even more so than the other monks. As such, he is very quiet and soft-spoken and does not seem able to speak to most people in a non-formal way. Even to the people that he does show emotion to, it's rare and he still doesn't speak any more than he has to.
- Use Your Head: One of his art moves is a headbutt. The name is Ironhead.
- Warrior Monk: An unusual mixture of both Western and Eastern types. Biron is clearly inspired by Buddha, as are the teachings that Gala follows, but his armor is thick-plated with arm guards and straps that are clearly Western in design. His weapons, mainly Axes and Maces, also are not found in many, if any, Eastern martial arts and are associated with the West. Even his arts seem to have a Boring, but Practical feel to them much like Knight martial arts. note
- Yellow Lightning, Blue Lightning: His lightning Hyper Arts are blue in color.
The group as a whole save Songi.
- Cultured Badass: All are incredibly powerful due to their Seru and were high-ranking nobles in Conkram. The Delilases were this before they were given Seru.
- Religion of Evil: The Mist is salvation. The Mist is eternal. The Mist is perfect harmony.
Cort is the main antagonist of the game. Son of King Nebular and Queen Minea, Cort is the prince of Conkram and also Noa's older brother. Before the Mist incident at Conkram, Cort was known to be a genius who was very dedicated to his parents' kingdoms. However, since the incident, Cort's personality changed drastically due to the rogue fragment attached to him. This culminated in his further corruption and change to Big Bad.
- A God Am I: After fusing with Juggernaut, he believes himself to be an ultimate life form.
- Ambition Is Evil: The rogue fragment awakens his ambitions and thus, corrupts him.
- Barrier Warrior: During the start of his boss fight, he conjures up a barrier that renders normal attacks useless. It can be destroyed, but he'll be using the devastating Evil Seru Magic afterwards.
- Big Bad: The original creator of the Mist Generator. He's also behind everything that starts Vahn, Noa, and Gala's journey, countless tragedies and turning Legaia into an After the End planet. He also has one of the highest body counts of any video game villain ever.
- Creepy Cool Crosses: His Guilty Cross attack.
- Dark Is Evil: Dark element and, well... Conkram. Just Conkram. Applies to Jette as well.
- Evil Genius: See Jette's page below.
- Fallen Hero: Once upon a time, Cort was a kind-hearted child who grew up to be a patriotic scientist who dedicated his time to winning a long war. When he came into contact with Rogue, he would travel a path that would create one of the worst Hell on Earths ever imagined and would cause the death of more people than can be counted.
- Fusion Dance: With Juggernaut. Also an Emergency Transformation, as this saves him from death.
- Geometric Magic: His Magic Circle attack.
- Mighty Glacier: A rare magical version. His HP is the second highest in the game, its even higher than the boss that comes after him, and his Mystic Shield gives him a lot of defense on top of his crazy HP, but he is very slow. Often everyone will go before him. But his speed is rarely a problem because his attacks are so strong. Especially Mystic Circle and ESPECIALLY Evil Seru Magic.
- Mismatched Eyes: He has different eye color. Possibly a Red Right Hand as well.
- Mystical White Hair: Well, Blueish grey. But still.
- Psychic Powers: He can invade Noa's dream and talk to her telepathically. He can also give her crippling headaches.
- Purple Is Powerful: Wears a purple shirt.
- Raise Him Right This Time: The game ends with Cort being returned to infancy and raised by Noa.
- Soft-Spoken Sadist: When he shows at the last Mist Generator he speaks very slow and calmly while mind-raping and threatening his little sister. Though he does say he'll kill Noa gently and send the three of them to "a world free from pain and suffering" the casual manner which he tortures Noa is quite unnerving. It is also interesting to note his Guilty Cross attack. While crosses are often associated with faith in Christianity it is actually a torture device.
- White Hair, Black Heart: Likely due to the rogue fragment's influence on him.
JetteJette is Cort's assistant and second-in-command. He is responsible for the creation of the Mist Generator.
- Casting a Shadow: Is Dark-element and his Shadow Break utilizes a giant shadow.
- The Dragon: To Cort.
- Evil Genius: Along with Cort, he is the one responsible for the Mist generators and the creation of the Sim-Seru.
- Genius Bruiser: A brilliant scientist and, thanks to his Sim-Seru, one of the top three most powerful characters in Legaia. He has the longest combo strings in the game, a higher block rate than any other boss, can create clones of himself, and is a VERY skilled physical fighter.
- Psychic Powers: Can read peoples' minds.
- Self-Duplication: One of his special abilities. However, his clones deal pathetic damage.
- Sinister Scythe: Wields a kama, a one handed scythe used in karate, in compact.
- The Social Darwinist: He follows Cort because he wants to evolve humans and doesn't mind killing people to do it. A lot of people.
- Teleportation: A power he only uses outside of battle.
Zora is the former High Priestess of Conkram. She is also a co-conspirator in spreading the Mist throughout the world.
- Blow You Away / Casting a Shadow: Her Dark Typhoon involves conjuring a tornado, which is dark in element.
- Dark Chick
- Manipulative Bastard: To build her Floating Castle, Zora tricks Grantes into stealing Ra-Seru eggs from Buma, by promising that she'll give Cara Seru Wings in return. Of course, she doesn't keep her promise after getting the Ra-Seru eggs.
- One Of These Things Is Not Like The Others: Several things about Zora make her standout from the other villains. She is the only one who doesn't use the prayer that the others use and she doesn't do much in the story outside of tricking Grantes. She appears to be more interested in sitting in her castle and talking about how much Cort loves her as opposed to doing any work. Compare this to the previous two henchmen, Zeto and Dohati. Zeto attacked the heroes' homes and killed many people, thus prompting them to begin their journey. Dohati is responsible for Juggernaut, the Seru brides, and had Xain kill Hari. Even when Zora is near death, all she talks about is how much Cort loves her. All the other villains died believing their mission would succeed or aiding the mission with their death in some way. The Mist in the Floating Castle, and therefore Zora's Mist Generator, is also fake and seems to further separate her from the other villains. While Zeto and Dohati were the true rulers of Drake Kingdom and the Sebucus Islands, everything about Zora seems to indicate that she's a puppet ruler of Sol and not considered valuable by Cort.
- Taken for Granite: She can turn a character to stone with her glare.
- Unrequited Tragic Maiden: Although a villainous one. Zora is in love with Cort, and as she painfully crawls to her Mist Generator, Songi flat out tells her that Cort doesn't love her and only uses her as a pawn. Then Songi kills her.
- Winged Humanoid
Delilas SiblingsThe Royal Bodyguards, but most specifically of Zora. Gi, Lu, and Che. They are charged with overseeing the Ice-Seru Koru.
- Berserk Button: Seeing their siblings hurt.
- Big Brother Instinct: Towards each other.
- Dishing Out Dirt: Che.
- Expy: Of the Ginyu force. Both are bodyguards that act more like assassins, carrying out their master's orders, and are dramatically-posing dangerous goofballs who help provide some levity in a dark story and serve a more powerful master.
- Extremity Extremist: Gi uses plenty of kick just like Vahn.
- Flash Step: Gi can move like Songi and make afterimages behind him. Unlike Songi, Gi uses it in battle, not just cut scenes.
- Fragile Speedster: Lu. She is fast, fights with a Rapid-Fire Fisticuffs style like Noa and can take a hit just as well as Noa can.
- Let's Fight Like Gentlemen: A family tradition. The fights with them are one-on-one.
- Lightning Bruiser: Gi's attack and speed are both very good and his defense and HP are higher than both of his siblings. With his high agility he can also out damage Che.
- Ninja: Gi wears a dark blue full body suit with a face mask, and has a style based on kill-points.
- More Dakka: Che's style is to hit things with his hammer until they die.
- Playing with Fire: Gi.
- The Psycho Rangers: Gi to Vahn, Lu to Noa, Che to Gala.
- Shock and Awe: Lu.
- Undying Loyalty: Towards each other, Zora, and Cort.
- Taking You with Me: After losing to the heroes they fuse with Koru to essential make a Nuclear Bomb.
Songi is a monk of Biron and Gala's adoptive brother. He joins the mist henchmen in search of power and appears throughout the game to harass the heroes, but his actions are not as cut-and-dry as the other Mist followers.
- A God Am I: Attempts to absorb the Great Genesis Tree to become all-powerful.
- Arrogant Kung-Fu Guy: His arrogance is present even before he acquired his Seru. Early on, he's jealous that Gala is favored by Master Zopu instead of him.
- Bare-Fisted Monk: Songi is a very skilled martial artist and loves to get hands on with conflicts.
- Character Development: A villainous and non-positive example. Early on, Songi states that he will do anything for power and when he gets his Seru he still relies on his martial arts, but as the story progresses he takes on more monstrous forms and ceases his bragging about his martial art skills as he uses his Seru powers more and more.
- Didn't See That Coming: With his final defeat, Songi also lost Jedo after the fight. Without a Ra-Seru on his arm, Songi no longer had the ability to breathe or even survive in the world of the Seru-Kai. He dies in painful, pitiful agony.
- Gameplay and Story Segregation: In cut scenes, Songi is portrayed as being incredibly fast but in battle, his speed isn't very high. In the one-on-one fight with Gala, he's even slower than Gala.
- Hijacked by Ganon: The Mist henchmen have been working together on their plan for ten years but when Cort is defeated at the Absolute Fortress, the game seems to be over. However, Songi reappears and uses Juggernaut to engulf Rim Elm and attempts to absorb the Great Genesis Tree, which resulted in the eventual death of all Seru.
- Kamehame Hadoken: Has both versions. A Hadoken fire ball in the fight with Gala and uses a Kamehame-like purple beam in Zora's Castle.
- Lightning Bruiser: Songi is the strongest monk in the monastery next to Gala and can move so fast he leaves after-images behind him. Even more so after he obtains a Seru.
- Jerkass: Rude and condescending to anyone he feels like. He also likes to Kick the Dog whenever he can. He mocked the heroes for fighting Gaza when they had no choice and put a Sim-Seru on the swordsman that drove him insane and mocks Noa for caring about him. He brutally mocks Zora when she is defeated and rubs the fact Cort doesn't love her in her face before coldly killing her. These are just a couple of examples.
- Super Mode: Has two rather strange ones. The first one looks like his normal form but looks like he aged sixty years, with grey hair and a slouch in his posture. His Seru also grows nearly half the size of his body and covers his entire arm. The second one is a nightmarish monstrosity with visible bones misshapen limbs.
- Ultimate Life Form: Jedo is a Sim-Seru made from Ra-Seru and is the most powerful single entity in existence, save The Final Boss.