The heroine of the story. An elf who wandered into the kingdom of Podunkello to get her sword replaced and found herself offered a job and housing by the village's local witch doctor, Opal. Now Harpy finds herself dealing with the town's oddball denizens, but she herself seems to have some skeletons in her closet.
- Action Girl: The comic started with her being attacked by a giant snail and quickly cutting it's head off in the scuffle. Then there's the dragon attack at Humphrey's party.
- All of the Other Reindeer: As a child, she wasn't good at making friends due to her bratty nature. This only got worse after her magic was taken as most kids labelled her a freak. If the plant monster she meets during the excursion for more Happy Honey is any indication, the whole green haired elves species seem to suffer from this as well.
- Anti-Magic: She states that Magic doesn't affect her when Humphrey demands to know why she was fine after eating Happy Honey. It's eventually revealed that the reason for this was that her magic was eaten by Pumpkin.
- Badass Adorable: Harpy is strong Action Girl capable of fighting powerful monsters, but she is also so cute.
- Heroic BSoD: Has a mini one after getting yelled at by Humphrey about her being a danger to everyone around her. She gets better.
- Bratty Half-Pint: As a child. In some cases she still is at her current age.
- Brought Down to Badass: As a child she was a magical prodigy, something she openly flaunted, but when she first meets Pumpkin, the goblin cat devours all of her magic. It is supposed that her magic keeps Pumpkin alive as he didn't disappear like the other goblin cats, and should he die Harpy will get her magic back. Needless to say, Harpy is fine without having magic and is a more than capable swordswoman. If anything, it gives her more of an advantage, as she immune to most magical attacks.
- Calling the Old Man Out: Does this to Wolf when she finds out he goes to Humphrey's parties in previous years while she's just stuck at home doing all his chores and not allowed any fun of any kind.
- Cursed with Awesome: While she can't wield magic anymore due to Pumpkin eating all of it. This likewise makes her immune to magic herself as shown in a flashback when Lily (during her bratty days) tried to hit her with a bubble spell only for it to pass through her.
- Blessed with Suck: That said her immunity to magic does have some drawbacks as well since even humans who have less magic then elves still rely on it for medicine and healing.
- Cute Bruiser: Very.
- Cute Little Fangs: For some reason, elves in this story sport them.
- Embarrassing Middle Name: Inverted, Harpy is her middle name. Her first name Gigi and her last name Geranium, however, are a bit less badass.
- Eye Color Change: Her eye color changes from a dark pink to gold after Pumpkin sucks up her magic.
- Geta Hold Of Yourself Man: To Humphrey after he gets his present form Argema and freaks out over the implications.
- Green Thumb: Used to have these powers before losing her magic. According to Lily, this is common magic in green haired elves.
- Hollywood Tone-Deaf: If Pumpkin's reactions to her singing are any indication as she was changing for the day, she's not musically gifted.
- Innocently Insensitive: Due to being around elves most of her life, she can sometime say the wrong things when around humans without realizing it like calling kids "baby humans" or mocking someone over naming their sword before being told it was a gift from a relative.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Can be rude most of the time, but she's a good person at heart.
- Kindhearted Cat Lover: Has a very strong bond with her pet goblin-cat Pumpkin.
- Meaningful Name: When frightened as a little girl, she screams "like a harpy" in the words of the elf queen. It was loud enough to startle the giant Goblin Cat.
- Mood-Swinger: Notice how her expressions seems to shift back and forth from anxiousness to seriousness in certain situations.
- No One Could Survive That!: Normally the loss of their magic is fatal to Elves.
- Not Good with People: Wasn't the most pleasant of elves as a child that even some of her own kind didn't like her (before and after losing her magic). Doesn't get much better interacting with humans either but she's getting there at least.
- Not So Different: With Humphrey, they share a lot traits. Can be brooding, had tough home lives, trouble interacting with people. Though deep down they care about their friends
- Older Than They Look: Not too old but she looks about 17. She's actually 23.
- Only Known By His Nickname: Or her middle name anyway, she really doesn't like being called Gigi. Wolf so far is the only one to call her by that name.
- Pointy Ears: Being an elf and all.
- The Apprentice: She's Wolf's apprentice
- The Archer: Considering she's an elf, it's a given. Though she much better with a sword.
- The Fair Folk: Somewhat, she's an elf but it's more she doesn't fully understand humans rather then looking down on them due to Wolf keeping her holed up at his dwelling. Opal, Ash and Humphrey are actually the first humans she's completely interacted with. She also has no magic due to Pumpkin stealing it.
- The Runaway: Her mentor, Wolf, had promised to take her on his next adventure. When he didn't uphold it, she took off on her own.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Green hair in her case.
- Why Did It Have to Be Snakes?: After the incident with the dragon at the party and nearly falling to her death, Harpy gained a newfound fear of heights.
Harpy's feline companion, a goblin cat.
- All Animals Are Dogs: In the Nickelodeon short, he expresses affection to Harpy by licking her face.
- Bag of Holding: A living version of this, seems to carry all of Harpy's supplies within himself.
- Because You Were Nice to Me: A young Harpy found him lost in the woods and shared her pie with him. He later tried to defend her from his siblings and mother.
- Cute Kitten: With added wings and horns.
- Cute Monster: The "just a baby" version. Turns out adult Goblin Cats are ginormous and eat magic. His mother nearly destroyed the Elf kingdom centuries ago.
- Evil-Detecting Dog: Or cat, as the case may be. Harpy mentions he gets moody when a dragon is nearby. This is revealed to be because dragons were used to keep his mother out of the Elf kingdom.
- Nonhuman Sidekick: For Harpy
- Perpetual Frowner: A good majority of the time.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Pie.
- Voiced by: Ashley Spillers (Nickelodeon short)
The local witch doctor of Podunkello who owns an item shop. She quickly took an interest in Harpy upon meeting her, even offering her a job and housing right from the get go. As her title suggest she's pretty proficient in spell making given the right ingredients.
- Berserk Button: Nearly breaking her shovel. While it was needed for a plan against a giant snail, she commented Harpy was lucky it wasn't damaged in the scuffle. This later revealed to be because it was a present from her family.
- Big Damn Heroes: During the fight with the plant monster, Opal manages to free herself and ram into it's face with her shovel just as it was on the verge of eating Harpy. This likewise cracks the monster's armor in the process, giving Harpy a weak point to target.
- Cute Witch: Oh yes.
- Failed a Spot Check: When Harpy and she go out to collect more magical honey, she dismisses Harpy's concern that the hive they're raiding is dangerous and is so focused on collecting that she doesn't notice a plant monster about to attack them until Harpy is practically yelling her name.
- Farmer's Daughter: Mentions she was raised on a farm with a large number of siblings before striking out on her own with the help of her family.
- Flying Broomstick: Or shovel in this case. Considering she comes from a rural family, it make sense.
- Magic Wand: The fourth chapter reveals she has one.
- Massive Numbered Siblings: Oldest of seven from a farming family. They all saved up so she could get the item shop, and now she saves her profits to fiance their dreams in return.
- Meganekko: Wears some bottle coke glasses over her face.
- Motor Mouth: Rather...excitable upon meeting Harpy.
- Witch Doctor: Or in this case, a witch who just happens to be a doctor.
- You Gotta Have Pink Hair
- Voiced by: John Omohundro (Nickelodeon short)
A local knight who works for Prince Humphrey, a job he utterly detests. Likewise has a room within Opal's item shop and helps out part-time now and then.
- Awful Truth: He's not supposed to be working for the Duke as a guard. In fact, his mother sent him there to be a gardener.
- Characterization Marches On: Started off as a very sarcastic, mopey person, but slowly changed to be one of the most happy-go-lucky, trusting characters in the series.
- Comically Missing the Point: When it's pointed out that Humphrey cannot order his uncle to let Harpy go free because he lost his authority upon running away from the capital, Ash is more focused on the fact that he might not have needed to follow Humphrey's orders in the past.
- Diving Save: Manages one with Opal in midair to save Harpy and Humphrey after they fall off a dragon.
- Gender-Blender Name: We see in one flashback his mother calling him "Ashley".
- Fiery Redhead
- Hidden Depths: In his spare time, he likes to make toys.
- I Call It "Vera"/It Was a Gift: Wields a very worn out sword called Rusty which he mentions was given to him by his father, whom he claims slew a dragon with it. He's lying about it being given to him. In fact his mother specifically told him not to take it.
- Incredibly Lame Pun: He seems to have started taken to these in the third chapter.
- Knight In Sour Armor: Considering whom his employer is, it hard for him not to be. He gets better though.
- Punny Name: Ash Chimnee —> Chimney. And what collects in a chimney after a fire is put out in it?
- Rage Breaking Point: Got fed up with Humphrey's constant complaining and tried to punt him off a bridge into a river.
- "Well Done, Son!" Guy: A brief Imagine Spot saw his mother berating him for getting fired when he thought he killed Humphrey. Seems he has parental issues. Ultimately confirmed when he confesses to Humphrey that he wants to prove he's a good warrior to his mother.
- Voiced by: Jason Spisak (Nickelodeon short)
A prince sent to live in Podunkello with his uncle. A rather grumpy and bratty fellow who doesn't seem to care much for anything.
- Ambiguously Human: He looks human but with the reveal of his wings and the message from Argema, It might not be the case.
- Awful Truth: Argema theorizes in a letter he might be turning into a monster.
- Baleful Polymorph: Due to anxiety about what happened at the end of the third chapter. His unstable power transforms him into a bee like creature at the start of the fourth one, leaving him stuck in that state for the majority of the chapter.
- Cannot Spit It Out: A more platonic version. By the time he finally manages to speak his own plea for Argema to let Harpy stay, the queen's already agreed to it.
- Cain and Abel: The Abel in this case with his sister. Yeah, he's not the nicest guy around but he's a saint compared to Halesia who engineered a dragon attack as a joke towards him.
- Defector from Decadence: Revealed that he left his kingdom as he didn't like living there. Or so he says, the truth is a lot more complicated.
- Green Around the Gills: Gets airsick easily. When his wings first sprout he somehow made his way to Podunkello while unconscious but was utterly nauseated from the flight. It happens again shortly after Harpy falls off a dragon and he uses his wing to fly and catch her only to quickly get sick again.
- Hidden Depths:
- Is a surprisingly good baker. So much so that the Duke assigns him a job in the kitchen.
- Turns out, he's actually very multi-talented with other fields such as music and some amount of swordplay. This was due to promising Halesia that he would continue learning these skills so he could teach her later when she was busy training her magic. A promise she either apparently forgot or was too busy to bother with over time.
- I Am a Monster Turns out the wings are a weird condition of his that indicates he may be turning into a monster which his why he doesn't want anyone to know about it. Argema trying to help him overcome this and, after hearing Harpy's story about meeting Pumpkin, tried to see if Pumpkin could cure him. Later in the comic, he comes across "Gigi", Harpy's magic given form, who tells him that, while she can't identify what type of magic it is, it's not malicious and a form of "love".
- It's All My Fault: After berating Harpy for putting herself in danger and making her cry, he feels to way through the fourth chapter.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: He can be rather rude most of the time but when Harpy falls off a dragon trying to rescue him. He forms wings and swoops in to catch her. Granted he passes out shortly after and they still keep falling, but he does thank her for at least trying to save him.
- Let's Get Dangerous!: When confronted by an angry Captain Giblet (who's still miffed at Humphrey for accidentally burning his feathers off when his fire ability started to develop) while in his bee form. Humphrey grabs a (plastic) sword and does battle against him.
- Missing Mom: His mother apparently died when he was little.
- Must Make Amends: His goal in the fourth chapter after causing Harpy to cry in the third one.
- Nightmare Face: Does these whenever he gets angry. It's not too noticeable at the moment though it's implied it may get worse later on.
- Not Good with People: Very anti-social though turns out there's a reason for that. He doesn't wish people to know of his transformation status. So he deliberately acts rude to people to keep them away. Being couped up in his castle back at Coilstone likewise meant he never really interacted with the common folk, leaving him socially stunted.
- Not So Different: With Harpy, they share a lot traits. Can be brooding, had tough home lives, trouble interacting with people. Though deep down they care about their friends.
- Perpetual Frowner: Almost always has this expression on his face. The only time he didn't is when Harpy accidentally gave him magic honey that changed his mood.
- Playing with Fire: An ability that recently developed. He can breathe fire now.
- Power Gives You Wings: Somehow is able to sprout them which he used to initially save Harpy after she fell off a dragon. However, it drains him very quickly and he mentions he rather not have anyone know about it. It's later revealed it could be an indication he's turning into a monster.
- Royal Brat: Mentioned by Ash to be one. It's more a Hidden Heart of Gold-hiding facade though, Humphrey at his core is actually a fairly kind guy. Just circumstances and lack of interaction with others haven't made him very social. So his demeanor makes him come off very rude.
- Shut Up, Hannibal!: After the whole ordeal with the dragon and its revealed his sister, Halesia, was behind it who continues mocking him. He eventually has enough and tricks Creepy Lizard Guy into thinking he'll give him the crystal ball she's communicating from. He feigns throwing it and instead just drops it on the floor, breaking it and cutting off her transmission.
- "The Reason You Suck" Speech: Gives ones to Harpy after they defeat Urtica, telling her that she causes danger to everyone around her just by being there. However he soon realizes his comments were hurtful and he later goes on to try and apologize.
- The Unfavorite: According to him, his father keeps forgetting that he and his sister are twins and downright forgot that that is his birthday too.
- Voluntary Shapeshifting: Past chapter 4, he seems to gained this power and learned to control it by the end of it.
- Wall Crawl: After Ash tried to punt him off a bridge after tiring from his complaining, we see he managed to cling on the underside of it.
- Wham Shot: A brief flashback Humphrey has reveals that both he and Halesia had brown hair as kids before their current white haired look. Considering an earlier flashback showed they had the latter look while still young means that the change had happened quite recent after that time.
Opal's pet piglet who acts as her assistant and ingredient sniffer.
A rather messy looking individual always on the look out for treasure, even in places he obviously shouldn't.
- Everyone Calls Him "Barkeep": Before his name was revealed everyone just calls him Creepy Lizard Guy.
- Greed: Doesn't care at all about the trouble he causes for everyone at Humphrey's party long as he can get what he wants.
- HeelFace Turn: After the events of the party, the Duke hired him to replace Dude Bro.
- The Pig Pen: Said to be rather stinky.
- Treasure Hunter: Main profession.
- Unwitting Pawn: Halesia uses him to lead the dragons to crash Peeper's party just to mess with Humphrey.
The Duke's cute little doggy.
- Cuteness Proximity: Girls pretty much go googly-eyed when they see him.
- Dogs Are Dumb: Officially described as "a cute and stupid dog" in the bios. His near perpetually happy, oblivious disposition seems to support that this pup is not the brightest bulb.
- Mister Muffykins: Played with. While he's definitely a ridiculously pampered little dog, he's not particularly "yappy."
- Overly Long Tongue: His tongue is ALWAYS hanging out of his mouth, whether he's using it or not.
- Ridiculously Cute Critter: Look at him in the image and say he isn't. We dare you.
Humphrey's uncle and local duke of Podunkello.
- Beware the Nice Ones: A very cordial fellow who enjoy socializing and can be very friendly. But, if Wolf's words are anything to go by, he has some skeletons in his closet. Considering the way he was also able to break up the scuffle between Ash and Humphrey, he likewise has some skills in him. And then we find out later he was part of the Merry Party, a popular fairy tale that's based off his exploits along with a group of others (two of whom included Wolf, Harpy's mentor and Cinder, Ash's mother) in the past.
- Berserk Button: Apparently, "your mom" jokes. Not jokes about his mom, mind you, just that style of joke in general.
- Forces Harpy to go save Humphrey from some dragons under the threat of telling someone named Wolf that she was in the town. Harpy reacts with fear upon hearing Wolf's name and abides to his wishes. He still calls Wolf regardless as he owes him a life debt.
- Likewise holds this over Humphrey. He's the only thing that's allowing the prince to stay within Podunkello. When the Duke orders him to go out and mingle during Peeper's party, he threatens to send him back to his family if he doesn't.
- Foreshadowing: In the seventh panel of this page when he notices Harpy and Humphrey dancing.
- I Was Quite a Looker: Not that he isn't easy on the eyes now, but looked much more handsome back in the day.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Supposedly, he does seems like a genuine nice guy who does wish for Humphrey to socialize more. And even spoke on Harpy's behalf when Wolf tried to take her back home and is quite friendly with the Elf Queen. However his first interaction with Harpy is rather rude on his part due to the blackmail and threatening to throw Harpy and her friends in the dungeon if they fail in saving Humphrey, regardless of the debt he owes to Wolf. And Wolf seems to imply the Duke has some dirty secrets that he doesn't want Harpy to get mixed up in.
- Lethal Chef: He's pretty bad at cooking all things considered.
- Miniature Senior Citizens: A flashback he goes into shows he was a lot taller when he was younger.
- Nice Hat: Wears a top hat befitting of his title.
- Pet the Dog: Hired Ash despite knowing that Ash had forged the note for him to be a "guard" instead of a "gardener". Given his letting Humphrey stay on such short notice without knowing the real reason, hiring Cid after the party-crashing, and his seeming faith in Harpy's ability to rescue Humphrey, it seems he's one for giving people real chances to prove themselves.
- Reasonable Authority Figure: He can be a bit of a trickster and apparently has a murky past, but he is alright person all around and, as stated in Pet The Dog, willing to give people a chance to prove themselves.
- Reassigned to Antarctica: Mentions that the King of Coilstone "appointed" him to Podunkello after the queen died, implying that the two didn't really get along. Though the Duke doesn't mind watching over the town in the slightest.
- Serious Business: Parties. Three a party for Peppers because Humphrey didn't want a birthday party. "Oh we'll have a party, if you like it or not."
- Strong Family Resemblance: When he was younger, he looked a lot like Humphrey back then.
Three young local trouble makers.
- Bratty Half-Pint: Even the intermission page pegs them as such. Though to be fair, Harpy did call them "baby humans" when she first met them.
- Didn't Think This Through: In the last event of the festival which was a race, Trigger tries to use a stampede of cow creatures in order to give him a leg up. It ends up backfiring when he finds he can't control the beasts and has to be rescued before he gets hurt.
- Punny Name: Trigger's full name is Trigger Happy.
- Nice Hat: Hotdog wears one.
- Sore Loser: After Harpy wins a blue ribbon for wisdom, Trigger responds by stealing her basket and kicking it around with Hotdog and Zipper.
- Terrible Trio
- Ungrateful Bastard: When an ogre suddenly appears (really Humphrey suddenly changed into one) and catches Harpy and him after the former uses her bow to sling herself to grab him off the stampeding cows. He suddenly yells out in terror which causes Harpy to kick the ogre on instinct.
- Disappointed in You: Shoots Humphrey a disdainful look after he witnesses him unintentionally hurting Harpy's feelings near the end of Chapter 3.
- Silent Bob: Rarely speaks for the most part. He mentions he doesn't like to talk much.
- Suddenly Voiced: After two chapters of silence, he suddenly talks near the end of the third chapter.
One of the knights that works for the Duke.
- The Archer: His weapon of choice.
- Eaten Alive: Tries to take on the Dragon by himself and gets eaten quickly. To drive the point home, the dragon spits out his bones.
- Jerkass: As flashbacks show, he's not the most pleasant person in the Duke's employ.
- Too Dumb to Live: Confronting a dragon head on.
- Verbal Tic: Ends every sentence with "bro".
- We Hardly Knew Ye: Mostly a background character, one time he gets to do any action he's killed off quickly.
- Shows up in Humphrey's flashback to his arrival in Podunkello and is seen to have been a bit of a jerk, making fun of Humphrey for "hurling" despite Humphrey's obviously poor physical state.
- According to a guest comic he's like this for Ash too, who'd only met him at work that day.
The local mailman around the town.
The dwarf owner of the local tavern, the Save Pint, along with her husband.
An old and apparently, seafaring, turkey.
- Berserk Button: Turkey jokes apparently, he didn't take kindly to hearing Ash and Humphrey making a few around him.
- The Dreaded: Well respected around the town. Penny mentions that he's still walking for a reason and jokes he's always on the lookout for a ''replacement" leg. When Zipper, Hotdog and Trigger hear him approaching them at one point, they quickly bail.
- Death Glare: Gives one to Humphrey when he recognizes him in his bee form.
- Eyepatch of Power: One over his left eye.
- It's Personal: Toward Humphrey for accidentally burning his feathers off when Humphrey's fire ability started to develop. When Giblet recognizes him in his bee form, he quickly starts a fight.
- Pirate Pegleg: One on his left leg.
- The Unintelligible: Only speaks in gobbles.
A human kingdom run by an unnamed king. Prince Humphry's original hometown.
Humphry's twin sister (though by her admittance, the younger of the two) who rules Faircosan, the capital of Coilstone.
- Ambiguously Human: Given that she has stark white skin, strange eyes, and enormous magical powers calls in to question whether she's actually human in the first place (though it could just as easily be makeup). In fact, the original concept art makes her look downright robotic◊.
- Aristocrats Are Evil: So far it's just being a jerk with a Lack of Empathy.
- Born Lucky: Humphrey seems to consider her this, in that she gets to be a "perfect magical sorceress" while he may be turning into a monster. However the comic seems to imply otherwise as since she does have so much power, she has to put it to use helping her kingdom which leaves her very little free time. Likely the main reason she was mad at Humphrey leaving was because their father promised he would help her with her duties.
- Cain and Abel: The Cain to Humphrey's Abel. It's played with a little though, in that she is mean to Humphrey because he refused to come to their birthday party and ran away from home.
- Exotic Eye Designs: She has yellow sclera with square pupils.
- It Runs in the Family: A flashback showed that her mother could use magic, so likely she inherited it from her.
- Jerkass: Engineers the dragon that crashes Peeper's (and by extension Humphry's) birthday party just to pull a "joke" on Humphrey then goes on to mock him and his guests through a crystal ball.
- Lack of Empathy: When told one of the guards was eaten by the dragon sent by her. She just quips the Duke needs better security.
- Magic Mirror: How she communicates through the crystal ball.
- Missing Mom: Same with Humphrey.
- Noblewoman's Laugh: As fitting of her character.
- Parental Favoritism: Her father refers to her and her twin's birthday as her party and needed to be corrected by Humprey to recall that it would be his party too. However judging from Humphrey's flashback, it seems he was interested more in her magical abilities.
- Rapunzel Hair: A high ponytail that rises well off her head before falling to nearly floor length.
- Royal Brat: Even more so then Humphrey. Really says something when she goes out of her way just to torment her brother who just wants to be left alone all so she can flaunt her superiority. According to Humphrey's flashback, this was due to being spoiled by their father.
- Royals Who Actually Do Something: Spends all her time fixing problems around the kingdom with her magic. To the point where Opal refers to her as a ruler in her own right, despite her father being on the throne. Though from what we see in Humphrey's flashback it leaves her little time to do much of anything else.
- Sailor Senshi Send-Up: A Magical Girl with an outfit resembling a Sailor Fuku.
- Shout-Out: To Sailor Moon as you can see with her style of dress in the image. Bonus points for being a Magical Girl too.
- Used to Be a Sweet Kid: According to Humphrey, she was a lot less bratty when they were little.
- Wham Shot: A brief flashback Humphrey has reveals that both she and him had brown hair as kids before their current white haired look. Considering an earlier flashback showed they had the latter look while still young means that the change had happen quite recent after that time.
- White Hair, Black Heart: A indication so far.
- Abusive Parents: Of the emotional variety, he never really seems to bother interacting with his kids for purely familial reasons.
- No Name Given: Hasn't been named yet.
- Face Framed in Shadow: His full face has yet to be revealed. It's either always cut off from the top or shown from behind.
- Parental Favoritism: Shows a blatant favoritisim to Halesia. When the twins' birthday was coming up, he keeps citing it as her birthday rather than both and had to be corrected of this by Humphrey, showing a rather dismissive tone in response. However a later flashback reveals he only does so because Halesia can use magic. Having kept her apart from Humphrey as they were growing up to strengthen it. Why hasn't been revealed yet.
Humphrey and Halesia's mother.
- Hair of Gold, Heart of Gold: The brief flashback we see of her shows she was a blonde and a very caring mother.
- Missing Mom: No where around in the present time of the story
- No Name Given: Has yet to be named.
- Posthumous Character: Has passed on by the main timeline of the comic as confirmed by the Duke.
The kingdom of elves. Naturally, this is Harpy's hometown.
Harpy's mentor, likewise an elf and heir to the throne of Welferingrum. He's not fond of humans.
- The Atoner: It's implied he is the reason the Mama Goblin Cat escaped her prison, which resulted in Harpy loosing her magic, which is why she is now his apprentice.
- Color-Coded Eyes: His green eyes may be glowing with green magic.
- The Dreaded:
- Harpy reacts with fear upon hearing his name and when Ash asks for a reaction from Pumpkin upon naming him. He just gives Ash a blank look, suddenly purrs against Ash's leg then bites it.
- While Duke claims he doesn't want to lock Harpy up right after she saved his nephew, but he owes Wolf and therefore must, implying he's worried about what Wolf will do otherwise.
- Ear Notch: His left ear which has the tip of it torn off.
- Fantastic Racism: Doesn't hold humans in high regard and goes out of his way to let everyone know it. He even lies to Lily and Lila claiming Humans "eat rocks".
- Freudian Excuse: Apparently used to have human friends himself until a bad experience changed him and made him lose trust in humans. He warns Harpy the same will happen to her.
- First-Name Basis: Calls Harpy by her first name, Gigi.
- The Fair Folk: Really plays it to the hilt when we first see him.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Very rude and unpleasant in the current present of the story. To wit, he apparently promised Harpy she could go adventuring with him after she asked so many time before only to leave her behind again when it came time to fulfill it. When she goes off on her own, he order the Duke to keep an eye out for her and have her locked up till he picks her up. However, he is very protective of Harpy and most of his jerkishness towards her seems to stem from worry. Flashbacks likewise show he was a bit more outgoing, though likely this was before whatever event turned him cynical.
- Humans Are Bastards: In his own words: "Humans are worse than monster puke."
- The Mentor: Felt responsible for Harpy's loss of magic, so he took her in and trained her in swordplay and combat.
- Never My Fault: Very quick to blame others for their faults (even things that they weren't even responsible for, such as Harpy making a wall in the castle or the Duke for letting a dragon in. Both which were caused by Halensia sending a dragon after them) yet never seems to recognize his own, such as not keeping his word to take her along on his next outing.
- Not So Different: In his younger days he was prone to some reckless decisions himself and even supported Harpy punching Lily as he too recognizes she's a snobby brat.
- Papa Wolf: Despite his demeanor, he does respect the queen's wishes to let Harpy stay in the town, gives Harpy a spare sword, promises to fix her previous one and return it, and makes the Duke promise not to send her out on any quests on his behalf or else.
The Elf Queen of Welferingrum.
- Affectionate Nickname: Harpy calls her 'Gema.
- Batman Gambit: Going by her present to Humphrey, Harpy ending up in town was her plan all along.
- Big Creepy-Crawlies / Giant Flyer: Her mount is a giant moth.
- Grandma, What Massive Hotness You Have!: Very cute looking for a centuries old being.
- Never Mess with Granny: Centuries ago, she banished the great Goblin Cat to the moon with her husband, though he died in the process. Much more recently she banishes a stunned one back all on her own.
- Really 700 Years Old: Mentions in conversation with the Duke that she wishes she was "nine centuries younger" to court him.
- Reasonable Authority Figure: Unlike Wolf, she wants Harpy to a least have a functional life instead of being cooped up at Wolf's dwelling forever. So when Harpy is looking after her, she becomes "distracted" to allow Harpy to head off on her own. She likewise allows Harpy to stay in Podunkello after seeing that her friends want her to stay, overriding Wolf's decision to take her back home. In the past, she likewise let Harpy keep Pumpkin after Harpy protested it wasn't a threat.
- After informing Humphrey that his transformation may possibly lead to him turning into a monster, she states that he can trust Harpy to help him and to not fear the future, prseumably to head off any freakouts.
Two elf girls introduced in Harpy's past whose father is Wolf's brother.
- Appropriated Appellation: Harpy called Lily "cow horns" as an insult when she was a child because she called Harpy useless. In the present, Lily introduces herself as "the great Cowhorns" to Harpy in her bubble message to her.
- Asshole Victim: Harpy was being courteous by just sticking with insults towards her. But when Lily stated "she might as well have died" after her attack goes through Harpy. You can't really blame Harpy for socking her one.
- Big Brother Instinct: Lily has always been extremely protective of Lila, and this has eventually spilled over to Harpy as well.
- Bratty Half-Pint: Child Lily, who makes child Harpy look like a saint in comparison.
- Fantastic Racism: Lily mentions that all "green haired elves" are good for is growing tomatoes. She also later mentions that having no magic means Harpy is better off dead.
- Bubble Gun: Lily's main power, she can conjure up bubbles to do a variety of things like trap something within it to even sending recorded messages.
- Foolish Sibling, Responsible Sibling: The two seem to have this dynamic though exactly whose the "foolish" and whose the "responsible" is hard to say. Lily is trying to be the former but she has a bad habit of not exactly acting like how royalty should leading her to look foolish. Lila on the other hand is more friendly and a tad ditzy like a "foolish" sibling but she tries to keep her sister in check and tends to be more reasonable, leading her to be the responsible.
- Genki Girl: Lila in the present day of the story.
- Irony: The whole conflict in the past between Harpy and Lily started when Pumpkin ate Lila's doll. In the present timeline, Lila and Pumpkin seem to have got over that and are now good friends. While Harpy and Lily aren't friends, per se, they are a whole lot nicer to each other than they were in the past.
- Jerkass Has a Point: Lily's accusation of Pumpkin eating Lila's doll was true.
- Jerkass with a Heart of Gold: After taking a few levels in kindness Lily has settled into this role. She still loves throwing her weight around though.
- Took a Level in Kindness: Seems since the punching incident, Lily eased up a bit on Harpy and at least tried to be cordial to her. They still sling insults and whatnot at each other, but she's not as much of a jerk to Harpy as she was in the past. Harpy likewise returns the courtesy, likely seeing Lila and Lily her as sisters.
A plant monster that Harpy and Opal run into while out scouring for more Happy Honey.
- Bitch in Sheep's Clothing: Comes off as sweet and friendly but quickly shows her true colors.
- Break Them by Talking: Seems to be a specialty of hers. She loves to talk down to her opponents and try to demoralize them.
- Green Thumb: Has power over plants.
- Plant People: Apparently, it hasn't been revealed exactly what she is.
- I'm a Humanitarian: Reveals she loves the taste of elves , Green Haired ones in particular. Likewise, doesn't have any problem with eating humans.
- Kill It with Fire: How she supposedly meets her end in the second encounter, when Harpy uses Humphrey's newfound fire breath ability to roast what remains of her after hacking her down to size.
- Mind Control: Reveals she has this power via pollen then controlling the infected through music melody. It seems to only work on animals however as some of the Grumble Bees and Pumpkin were affected by her magic. She notices Humphrey isn't human and is able to take control of him for a bit before Harpy snaps him out of it.
- Not Quite Dead:
- Harpy and Opal manage to defeat it in their first encounter, but only succeed in taking out it's bigger form. Her smaller form survives.
- After the second encounter, Harpy manage to reduce her to seed form. She's still alive but in something of a stasis at the moment and in Harpy's custody.
- One-Winged Angel:
- When she introduces itself to Harpy, she starts out as a small fairy-like being. But is able to use plants to make herself into a bigger monstrosity.
- Gets another one when she eats Happy Honey. Unlike her last form which is a conglomeration of plants covering her smaller form, this one actually seems to morph her body into a bigger form.
- Red Baron: Queen of the Forest, or she claims anyway.
- Sealed Evil in a Can: When Humphrey is eaten by Pumpkin and explores his stomach, he's finds that Urtica's seed is being held in a jar next to a magic tree.
- Slasher Smile: When she really show's her sadistic side, in both her small and larger forms.
- Soft-Spoken Sadist: Really comes off this way during it's attack on the two girls.
- Underestimating Badassery: Claims Green-Haired elves are weak and won't fight back. Harpy quickly proves her wrong.
- Fantasy-Forbidding Mother: Doesn't see any real prospect in Ash making toys and calls it playing "make believe".
- Face Framed in Shadow: Her first few appearances have her face covered in shadow.
- Fantastic Racism: When she sends Ash to the Duke, she makes it very clear for him not to talk to strangers. Especially elves.
- Peek-a-Bangs: Some of her hair covers the left side of her face.
- The Blacksmith: Apparently her main profession. She was training Ash in this before figuring he wasn't cut out for it.
- The Dreaded: Considering Ash's reaction in flashbacks, the barkeep at the Save Pint knowing about her and her threat to the Duke in her letter if he doesn't hire her son for anything other then a gardener. It's safe to say she has a bit of a reputation.
A friendly ogre whom Ash has known since childhood.
- Hahaha No: Responds to Ash like this when he asks if she'll give him the sword he was trying to win in a festival after seeing her give Harpy the bow she likewise won. She does give him the shield though.
- Mundane Utility: Declares she'll use the sword she won at the festival...as a bread cutter.
- Spirited Competitor: Was certainly one during the Pot Smashing game, though likewise showed good sportsmanship after Harpy manages to win. She continues to display as such during the festival.
- Statuesque Stunner: Quite a tall yet cute being.
- Super Strength: Comes naturally with her species, she was able to effortlessly lift Ash up even as a child and later smashes the ringer in a Test Your Might game.
- Tomboy: Very much so, both Ash and she used to roughhouse a lot when they were younger.
Tibia's father and breadmaker.
- Bald of Awesome: Losing a bit of hair at the time of the present story.
- Contrived Coincidence: We find out in the past that Wolf was collecting ogre horn and Fermurus was a victim of such which sent Maxilar after him. In the present time, one of Fermurus' horns is still broken. However when Harpy apologizes for what Wolf seemingly did. Fermurus laughs it off because 1) Ogre horns grow back over time 2) Wolf and he are friends and he willingly gave Wolf his horn with no fuss and 3) Fermurus' current broken horn was due to him bumping into a doorway before heading to the festival.
- Nice Guy: Despite the fact that Wolf, an elf, took his horn in the past, he isn't mean to Harpy despite her likewise being one. He later reveals Wolf and he are actually friends and tells Harpy not to worry about what happened in the past.
A brutish ogre that Harpy and Wolf encountered in the past. He's also the brother of Femurus and thus, Tibia's Uncle.
- Black Sheep: Tibia mentions he has.."issues".
- Disproportionate Retribution: Wolf was the one he was really after, but he went after elf villages first that likely had nothing to do with the conflict.
- Jerkass: Goes around smashing elf villages just to lure Wolf out. He likewise isn't quite fond of elves in general claiming they leave messes the others of the forest have to clean up.
- Made of Iron: Harpy mentions that he was quite tough in the past. It was only due to Wolf's Howler sword they managed to defeat him.
- Nonhuman Sidekick: His pet dragon, Pepper.
- The Tooth Hurts: Harpy kicked him in his face twice and managed to break off one of his fangs, not that it deterred him much.
- Villain Has a Point: He was more or less just trying to get payment back for his brother's horn and Harpy mentions later that Wolf was the one that started that fight by collecting ogre horns in the first place. Until Fermurus reveals to Harpy he willingly gave Wolf his horn and that the two are actually friends. In fact Fermurus reveals ogre horn's grow back. Subverting this trope entirely.
Harpy's "magic" that was eaten by Pumpkin. It's surprisingly still living in his stomach having taken the form of Harpy's younger self (as that was when she lost the magic).
- Green Thumb: Naturally this is her power as is the case with all green haired elves in the series.
- Nice Girl: Oddly very cheerful despite the fact that Harpy was less than friendly as a kid.
- No Ontological Inertia: She confirms she can't leave Pumpkin's stomach as her magic is the only thing keeping Pumpkin tethered to the main plane. If she does, he'll disappear.
- Wham Shot: Humphrey finding her in Pumpkin's stomach certainly qualifies as this.
- You Are Better Than You Think You Are: Tells Humphrey this in regard to his self-loathing. She also mentions the fact that his changes weren't a curse. While she doesn't recognize what kind of magic it is, she notes it isn't malicious and it's a form of "love".