The Lone Rangers:
Played by: Brendan Fraser
Played by: Steve Buscemi
Played by: Adam Sandler
KPPX "Rebel Radio"
Ian "The Shark"
Played by: Joe Mantegna
Played by: Michael McKean
Played by: Reg E. Cathey
Played by: Nina Siemaszko
Played by: David Arquette
Played by: Michelle Hurst
Played by: Michael Richards
Played by: Ernie Hudson
Played by: Chris Farley
Played by: Marshall Bell
Played by: Harold Ramis
Played by: Amy Locane
Played by: Judd Nelson
The Web Series:
The Central 12
- All Love Is Unrequited: with Seth, who broke her heart in season 1 once he started dating a girl named Vanessa.
- Aloof Dark-Haired Girl
- Babies Ever After: with Chris in her distant future.
- Be Yourself
- Berserk Button: Dont insult her intelligence or try to hold her back from her goals. Also, never, ever use slang in Julias presence.
- Beware the Nice Ones Dear god; never, ever be insulting or develop a bad attitude around Julia Lind. Shell literally eat you alive.
- The Big Damn Kiss: After 2 seasons of Will they or Wont They?, Julia and Chris finally share their first real kiss in season 3.
- Bilingual Bonus: she fluent in both English and Spanish and has developed an interest in learning French as well.
- Brainy Brunette: arguably the smartest among the female cast after Elly.
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander: As a child and occasionally during the earlier seasons.
- Cool Loser
- Cute Bookworm: shes never seen without a book, and it is hinted that her previous attraction to Seth was due to a mutual passion for reading.
- Dress Hits Floor: she deliberately slipped off her nightgown moments before her first sexual encounter with Chris.
- Forceful Kiss: Gives one to Chris during a study session to get rid of some of her Unresolved Sexual Tension.
- Four-Temperament Ensemble: the Phlegmatic.
- Geeky Turn-On: she mainly seems attracted to nerds and intellectual loners and doesnt particularly seem to be a fan of jocks.
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: with Lydia and arguably Claudia.
- Hidden Depths: shes very prone to deep reflective thought beyond her quiet demeanor, yet randomly voices her insights at the most unexpected moments.
- Hot Librarian: later in the series.
- Lethal Chef: she tries to prepare a meal for Chris for a picnic without her mothers assistance, which of course ends up disastrous.
- Long-Distance Relationship: tries to maintain one with Chris during the time she spends in Italy.
- Love Hurts: she takes being rejected by Seth hard, considering that shed been crushing on him for months before the incident, and only finally begins getting over him and moving on emotionally after about a month of moping.
- Meet Cute: Chris and Julia first met near a dumpster.
- Meganekko: in the first two seasons.
- Morning Sickness: develops a terrible case of this late into her pregnancy with Edwin.
- My Own Private "I Do": she and Chris have a private wedding with a small, select group of friends toward the end of the series.
- Nerds Are Sexy
- Odd Friendship: With Elly.
- Old Friend: she was very close with Lucy throughout middle school, back when they were both considered semi-popular, and have still remained good friends despite somewhat drifting apart.
- Only Friend: She once considered Lydia her only friend, and for a while, Julia was hers.
- Only Sane Man
- Pair the Smart Ones: with Chris.
- Put on a Bus: to Italy to study abroad for a year after graduating high school, which devastates Lydia, who was hoping she and Julia could study at Berkley together.
- Quirky Curls
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: Blue Oni to Lydias and Lucys Red.
- Selective Obliviousness: Julia is in constant denial of the feelings shes always had toward Chris, even throughout the period she was crushing on Seth Oliver, although she finally comes to terms with them * the day she and Chris are coincidentally trapped together in the schools library, which allows some Unresolved Sexual Tension to surface.
- Shared Family Quirks: both she and her mother pinch their noses when they smell trouble coming up and share a love of languages and literature.
- She Cleans Up Nicely
- The Bus Came Back: she became homesick during the time she spent studying in Florence and fell into a depression, which led her to move back to the states shortly after her first semester.
- The Confidant: to pretty much everyone, especially Lydia.
- The Conscience
- The Heart: often seen as the glue that pretty much holds the cast together.
- The Philosopher: shes silent and reflective and arguably the most independent-minded of the teens in the series.
- The Quiet One
- The Smart Girl: Julia is generally seen as among the most studious of the teenage cast and is often remarked as having her head always tucked in a book.
- Their First Time: with Chris.
- Twice Shy: again, with Chris
- Underwater Kiss: shares a rather passionate one with Chris once everyones left the schools pool after swimming practice.
- Vitriolic Best Buds: With Pandora.
- Weight Woe: she suffered from bulimia during her eight grade year and spent much of her summer and freshman year in therapy.
- Wise Beyond Their Years: To the extent of having much of the main cast approach her for advice at one point or another.
- Stupidest Thing I've Ever Heard:
- Lydia: Dont you get it, Jules? Were seventeen years old, and prom is only about two months away. If Im unable to finally find a date that genuinely cares enough to take me, I might as well just crawl back under the rock I came from and classify myself a hermit. Im sick of being so goddamn frumpy and unlovable. Cant you understand that?
- Julia: Well, thats just about the stupidest thing Ive heard yet. Youre seriously beating yourself up over some stupid onetime event that involves dressing yourself in some itchy, overpriced gown to go with a horny idiot and stand around in some clammy ballroom eating stale potato chips while swaying halfheartedly to bad music from a random garage band nobodys even heard of? Please.
- All Love Is Unrequited shes hopelessly in love with Keegan, who sadly doesnt reciprocate.
- Alone Among the Couples: at the schools prom in season 4.
- Aw, Look! They Really Do Love Each Other! : And sometimes they even show it, too!
- Brainy Brunette
- Brilliant, but Lazy: shes very intelligent and perceptive, but procrastinates on long term assignments and has severe test anxiety, mainly because she doesnt study sufficiently.
- Butt-Monkey: sadly, yes.
- Cloudcuckoolander's Minder: sometimes, to Rebecca and Julia.
- Covert Pervert: she seems pretty knowledgeable in the area of sex and sometimes lectures Julia over all the secret details involved in it.
- Desperately Craves Affection: she feels perpetually starved of genuine affection and intimacy and sometimes wishes she could relate more to her peers and even family members.
- Did You Think I Can't Feel? : Dear lord, never ignore Lydias feelings or let her work go unnoticed.
- Extracurricular Enthusiast: shes a member of the schools student council, volleyball team, and choir.
- Four-Temperament Ensemble: The Melancholic.
- Garage Band: she becomes the main vocalist for The Rummikins in the schools battle of the bands.
- Grammar Nazi: And how!
- Hair-Trigger Temper: when you get this girl angry, run!
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: with Julia.
- Horrible Judge of Character: she cares way, way too much over what people think of her and tends to put people into boxes, which has led to plenty of misconceptions throughout the series.
- I Am Not Pretty: She considers herself unattractive by comparison to Rebecca and Abigail.
- In Love with Love: shes quite the romantic and is desperately seeking a boyfriend for much of the series.
- Innocent Blue Eyes
- Intelligence Equals Isolation: her knowledgeableness and sometimes overly expansive vocabulary sometimes puts her at odds with her peers.
- Just Friends: again, with Keegan.
- Deadpan Snarker: to her siblings, anyway.
- Love Hungry: she desperately wants to be in love and claims at one point that she wants to experience the same feelings Julia and Chris do whenever theyre together, yet is continually either flat-out rejected by boys or left victim to unrequited love.
- Middle Child Syndrome
- Only Friend: she considered Julia to be her only friend at one point during their childhood, and vice versa.
- Only Sane Man: often switches this role with Rebecca.
- Platonic Life-Partners: with Keegan, to the extent of constantly being mistaken for dating him.
- Raven Hair, Ivory Skin
- Foolish Sibling, Responsible Sibling: Responsible to Abigails Foolish.
- Sesquipedalian Loquaciousness she has a somewhat more advanced vocabulary than many of her same-aged peers, which occasionally surfaces and tends to confuse the people around her. This trait character trait however is most evident when it comes to her writing.
- She Cleans Up Nicely: she grows into quite the beauty as the series rolls on and is the object of Julias jealousy at the schools prom.
- She Is All Grown Up
- Shrinking Violet: becomes this around most boys.
- Silly Rabbit, Cynicism Is for Losers! : she starts to abandon her narrow view of the world and care less about what others think once she starts interacting more Julia and other people her age.
- Surrounded by Idiots: she implies this several times throughout the series.
- The Eeyore: her siblings occasionally call her this throughout the series, due to her moodiness and self-esteem issues.
- The Reliable One: among her siblings.
- The Spock
- Unresolved Sexual Tension: with Keegan.
- You Say Tomato: she speaks with a slight lisp and occasionally stumbles over certain words.
- Allergic to Love: she faints at the mere prospect of writing someone a love letter and still cant quite get over Jordys suicide.
- Book Dumb: she hates to study and earns mediocre grades at best, but is actually quite smart and capable when she sets her mind to it. Shes arguably one of the more levelheaded cast members as well.
- Bratty Teenage Daughter: Toward Sylvia at the start of the series, although their relationship gradually improves.
- Broken Bird: becomes this as she tries to cope with having been sexually abused as a child, and later with Jordys suicide.
- But I Can't Be Pregnant!: Claudias secretly deals with a pregnancy scare about a week after sleeping with Gabriel, after missing her period and feeling nauseous during a class presentation.
- Classical Anti-Hero
- Dark-Skinned Blonde: she has dirty blonde hair and an olive complexion.
- Defrosting Ice Queen: a major portion of her Character Development revolves around this.
- Does Not Like Men: she seems this way at the very beginning of the series, although most of it is rooted from a very traumatic experience she underwent in her childhood.
- Don't You Dare Pity Me! : Claudia struggles considerably with the suicide of her close friend and presumable crush Jordy, and is rather reluctant to accept peoples comfort when she becomes stoic and withdrawn.
- Eating Lunch Alone: she usually takes advantage of sitting alone at the schools steps working on her artwork during her lunch period.
- Friend to All Children: she loves babysitting her younger cousins and seems to have a special fondness and talent with children in general.
- Four-Temperament Ensemble: the Melancholic.
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: shes extremely close with her cousin, Julia, who she treats like a sister.
- Hidden Heart of Gold
- Huge Schoolgirl: she towers over much of the schools male population at 5 ft. 11.
- It's Not Porn, It's Art: shes very fond of sketching the male and female physique, which earns her disapproval from her elders.
- Like Brother and Sister: with Chris.
- Limited Social Circle: she doesnt seem to hang around much of anybody outside her small group of friends.
- Mama Bear: towards her cousins and friends.
- Mood-Swinger: she was diagnosed as bipolar when she was 12 after a scarcely mentioned Noodle Incident.
- Nice Girl: she really is, beneath her aloofness.
- No Guy Wants an Amazon: she claims to once have been rejected by a guy simply because she was too tall.
- Playing Hard to Get: initially with Gabriel, although her true feelings eventually unwind.
- Reclusive Artist: shes gets very engrossed in her artwork and often spends long periods sketching away in remote corners.
- Sex for Solace: with Gabriel at one point in the series, when a heart-to-heart during a painting session leads to a night of erm, lust.
- She Cleans Up Nicely
- She's All Grown Up according to Marisa, toward the end of the series, seeing as she becomes significantly more open, sociable and optimistic around others in later seasons.
- She's Got Legs: makes sense, considering her height.
- Stepford Snarker
- Sugar-and-Ice Personality: shes very cold, sarcastic, and distant around those she doesnt know well due to trust issues, but has a sweeter, softer side for the people she truly cares about.
- The Ophelia
- True Art Is Angsty: In-universe. Her mother states that even as a young child, Claudia wouldve rather drawn a witch under the moonlight than a princess.
- Uptight Loves Wild: Gabriel is a spontaneous free-spirit and dancer with a wry sense of humor who just doesnt give a damn what people think of him, while Claudia is a brooding, cynical artist who knows little about life outside her traumatic past.
- Vitriolic Best Buds: with Cassandra.
- With Friends Like These...
- Academic Athlete: Shes salutatorian in her junior class and a top athlete when it comes to track and soccer as well.
- A-Cup Angst: In the earlier seasons.
- Bad Liar: always collapses in laughter whenever she has to tell in a lie.
- Big Ol' Eyebrows
- Brainy Brunette
- Cool Big Sis: To Clare and Katie.
- Country Mouse: when she first moved to California.
- Dreadful Musician: do not let Elly put her hands on a musical instrument.
- Dude Magnet: half of the male cast has felt some sort of interest in or attraction toward her at some point.
- Embarrassing Nickname: her family calls her Wiggler.
- Four-Temperament Ensemble: Phlegmatic.
- Girl Next Door: to an extent.
- Good with Numbers
- Hates Small Talk: Especially with guys.
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: With Renee.
- Hot for Teacher: she becomes attracted to Caleb, a childhood friend working as a student teacher at one point, which leads to their near engagement in a Student-Teacher Romance.
- Missing Mom: her mother is implied to have passed away a few years before the start of the series.
- Nice Girl
- Odd Friendship: with Julia.
- Outdoorsy Gal: Trope Codifier indeed.
- Passionate Sports Girl: Practices a wide variety of sports throughout the year besides soccer, including skiing, surfing, snowboarding, and cross country running.
- Plucky Girl: she faced her sisters cancer diagnosis, the death of her mother at a young age, her best friends dealing with anorexia, the suicide of another close friend, her fathers suffering a heart attack, and almost getting involved in a car accident with bravery and a smile.
- Rapunzel Hair: Her most noticeable trait throughout the series.
- She's Got Legs
- Small Town Boredom: subverted, considering that she disliked the small town she grew up in back in Maine as a child and constantly dreamed of visiting the big city, namely Los Angeles.
- Strong Family Resemblance: The spitting image of her mother.
- Sweet Tooth: Her favorite foods include cinnamon rolls, blueberry biscuits, and peach cobbler.
- Teen Genius: she often has a quick grasp on things and is an ace when it comes to her schoolwork, so much that it earns her the title of the senior class's valedictorian.
- Tomboy with a Girly Streak
- Unresolved Sexual Tension: with Demetri.
- Wise Beyond Their Years
- Wrench Wench
- Youthful Freckles: her defining feature.
- Abusive Parents: she has a distant relationship with her mother, whom she quarrels frequently and interacts with minimally.
- All Guys Want Cheerleaders: her cheerleading social status, as well as her inexplicably large bust attracts a lot of unwanted popularity and male attention.
- All Women Love Shoes: And Renee loves them more than all.
- Beware the Quiet Ones
- Clingy Jealous Girl: becomes this very often with both friends and crushes alike.
- Cuteness Proximity: leaving a cute baby animal of any sort in sight will temporarily make her IQ shoot down a couple of points.
- Driven by Envy despite their deep friendship, she is implied to continuously feel second best to Elly, who she strives to outdo both academically and athletically.
- Empty Shell she feels this way quite often.
- Four-Temperament Ensemble: the Melancholic.
- Freaky Is Cool she claims shes really fond of awkward, quirky people, hence the reason she became attracted to Demetri.
- Fun Size: she stands at merely 4 ft. 11 without high heels.
- Girl Next Door
- Gossipy Hens
- Granola Girl: Oh so very much.
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: with Elly.
- Hormone-Addled Teenager
- Hot-Blooded: Very.
- Huge Guy, Tiny Girl: shes only about 5 ft. 1 with high heels compared to Demetri, whos 6 ft. 1.
- Intelligence Equals Isolation: shes occasionally a little shy, but very smart and reflective, which sometimes brings her difficulty in relating to her peers.
- Light Feminine Dark Feminine: the light to Angies dark.
- Living Emotional Crutch: she claims at one point that her friendship with Elly is the only thing that keeps her sane.
- Mother Nature, Father Science: gender reversed, in that while her mother is a rational, no-nonsense physician who leads a steady job working long-shifts at a nearby hospital, her biological father is a flighty and easygoing, if overly-emotional wildlife biologist whos engaged in constant travel.
- Ms. Imagination: quite the storyteller when she wants to be, and it doesnt hurt to keep in mind her tendency to exaggerate scenarios.
- My Beloved Smother: her mother is very controlling and overbearing.
- Naked Freak-Out: a group of rowdy boys pull down her yoga pants in season 1, mortifying her and exposing the fact that she chose to wear a thong underneath.
- Nature Lover
- Naughty by Night: as a freshman, she was a sweet, calm and collected girl by day, yet a sex vixen by night.
- Nervous Wreck: whenever something doesnt go her way.
- Parental Neglect: suffers from this.
- Raven Hair, Ivory Skin
- Really Gets Around: it is hinted that she had a very promiscuous past.
- Shrinking Violet: She was implied to be quite the wallflower during her early elementary school years, yet gradually came out of her shell with the encouragement of Elly.
- Shy Finger-Twiddling: particularly when nervous.
- Soapbox Sadie: in the early seasons, although this character trait eventually faded away with time.
- Stepford Smiler shes popular and attractive, yet is extremely unhappy with her life and suffers from low self-esteem.
- The B Grade: shes a self-proclaimed straight A student and earning a grade below a 90 frightens her.
- The Perfectionist: to the point of developing an addiction to painkillers to avoid being kept