The AJCO servers have Loads and Loads of Characters, who tend to fall into one of five factions: The State, Castle Crew, Katton, Border Machinists or Neutral (although Katton and Machinist people can also be considered as 'neutrals').
Laurence Fairfax (Aimie_Jane)A Citizen of the State, FAIR-CO's esteemed leader and patriarch.
- Fluffy the Terrible: Fairfax's dogs - vicious dobermans that terrify the hell out of almost everyone in the facility - have names like "Princess" and "Missy".
- Right-Hand Attack Dog: The aforementioned dobermans. However, they won't attack if you aren't scared of them, and can in fact be quite playful.
Breyos (Breyos)A Citizen of the State who previously had his own museum before becoming a member of the Silo. Now works at FAIR-CO.
- Break the Haughty:
- After acting like a jerk to everyone connected to Holar and failing to make the connection between him and A_J, he then proceeded to refer to the dead dog as 'it' in front of her. He was rewarded with a face full of highly infectious wither samples for his efforts and seems to have been humbled for it.
- He was 'recommitted' to AJCO while in the Silo via Friendship Chamber.
- He was 'fired' and 're-hired' as the Liason Officer - the position that makes him responsible for the actions of the other people not in AJCO. The same people who mostly hate his guts.
- The Chew Toy: He's been beaten up, intimidated and borderline-tortured more than pretty much any character on the server. He seems to be able to take it quite well, as evidenced by the fact that he's still standing. To date he has suffered from:
- Having his eye infected with Wither sample and then amputated.
- The threat of having his remaining eye removed using chemicals.
- His pride-and-joy museum getting wrecked by nuclear fallout.
- Having his knuckles smashed by A_J's baton.
- Being punched in the head by a cyborg.
- Left in a Friendship Chamber he believed was going to boil him alive.
- Slammed into the Friendship Chamber chair by two different people on two separate occasions.
- Having to tolerate all the nonsense that goes on in the Silo, even if he contributes to some of it.
- Eye Scream: The aforementioned wither sample infected his face, particularly his eye. Not only that, when he let Clovis remove it he opted to stay conscious for the whole thing.
- Grandma, What Massive Hotness You Have!: He's 53, greying, and all the more attractive for it.
- Jerkass: He seems to enjoy making life unpleasant for... well, everyone that isn't himself.
- Promoted to Scapegoat: After A_J and the last person to have the position are presumed dead, Pythos promotes Breyos to be the Liaison Officer of the Silo. This means that any misbehaviour by the Castle Crew or neutrals will mean he is punished, and unlike Egg they don't like him at all. Fortunately for him, they get to leave before they have a chance to cause him any trouble.
Clovis (Bonsai)Medical doctor, owned and ran her own clinic but now works for A_J.
- Alien Among Us: She looks entirely human, and appears to be the only one of her kind.
- Deadpan Snarker: She has quite the attitude, and knows she can get away with it because she's the only person around with any medical expertise.
- Heroic BSoD: After learning of her wife's death, proceeded to shut herself away from the world and snap at anyone who came close, physically hurting Nights.
- Secret Stab Wound: On her back - she took ambrosia to save her life but the wound itself is in a constant state of ripping open and knitting itself back together.
C_C (Aimie_Jane)Fairfax's second in command and leader of the Clerks.
- Clerk: As stated above, C_C is the leader of an entire group of these and enjoys a great deal of power because of it.
- Obstructive Bureaucrat: The poster child, and certainly the most obstructive the server has ever seen.
Captain S_R (Entomancy)Captain of the Mothermen.
- Hair-Trigger Temper: S_R is very, very easy to wind up, and it's a very, very bad idea to do so unless you're 100% certain you can get away with it.
- Painted-On Pants: A rare male example. They are painfully tight-looking, though it doesn't seem to phase him.
- Sir Swears-a-Lot: Just about manages to keep it in check when he's talking to Fairfax but if you're not Fairfax, expect the full swearing experience when conversing with S_R.
- Skunk Stripe: He has a form of vitiligo which only manifests when he's injured, and evidently at some point he must have sustained an injury to the head as a large strip of his otherwise dark brown hair is bleach blond.
Commander R_V (Ravsy_)Commander of a crashed State satellite, now under Fairfax's command.
- Made of Iron: His ship fell thousands of miles and crashed into the planet at high speed into a frozen sea, yet he escaped with nothing more than a small wound on his arm!
- No Party Like a Donner Party: The unfortunate fate of his crew. More unfortunate yet is that he enjoyed it.
C_K (magpiemind)A member of the Mothermen, manipulated by Fairfax.
- The Berserker: Not willingly, however. His berserker mode is triggered by a code phrase being spoken in his presence, usually to either take out or scare the hell out of other people.
- Fluffy Tamer: He's one of the few people who isn't scared of Fairfax's hounds and frequently prefers their company to that of other people. They seem to like him, too.
Chase Halstead (Skekfaev)Fairfax's left-hand woman, who spends most of her time down on the dreaded Level 6.
- Facial Horror: Though she covers it up in a manner similar to Clovis.
- For Science!: Why was Chase recruited into Fairco? For Science!
- Room 101: Or Level 6 in Fairco, Chase's domain.
- Swiss Army Appendage: While not able to transform, Chase has several useful features built into her bionic arm.
Sam "Blondie" Hawkins (EggplantWitch)
- Earned Stripes: He has three times as many stripes on his epaulettes as his underlings, earned back in his facility prior to FAIR-CO.
- A Father to His Men: Blondie is fiercely protective of A_C and D_C, his engineers and the only surviving members of his previous facility.
- The Gadfly: At least towards S_R, who he is excessively nice to simply because he knows it annoys the hell out of him and there's nothing he can do about it.
- Large Ham: A little bit. It either helps to contribute to how charming he is or how annoying he is depending on who you ask.
- Obfuscating Stupidity: He dials up his normal loud, amiable persona up to 11 when around other people to deliberately make them underestimate him.
N_X (Nix) (Breyos)The facility's vetinarian and Clovis' medical aide.
- The Speechless: He communicates through cards written for him by other people, because his teeth have been welded shut for previous disobedience.
- Token Good Teammate: He isn't the only good person in FAIR-CO, but he does stick out as being a nice guy among Wards.
I_O (Ravsy_)An Unward who now acts as a messenger within the facility.
- Butt-Monkey: He gets kicked about even more than most Unwards by the Clerks.
The group as a whole:
- A Lighter Shade of Grey: When analysed individually they're not much better than AJCO at all - several of their members are outright murderers - but they still qualify as this since several other members (notably Blue and formerly Egg) are the least evil characters on the whole server.
- Badass Crew: Asides from the obvious fact that they are a crew, each and every one of them is capable of having moments of utter badassery. Whether it be something as dramatic as taking a stand against AJCO/Pi-TEC, summoning a demon (and surviving), being a master of the arcane, being a Badass Pacifist or at times simply being alive after all that's happened. They're quite a force to be reckoned with.
- Big Fancy Castle: Nights and her crew always build and reside in one of these, the most recent being Ravenhold Castle
- Blind Obedience: Despite not being the most tight-knit group of people and despite having very different goals, they all remain loyal to one another no matter what - even when it seems completely unreasonable. Somewhat questionable in the case of Krauzer and his loyalty to Nights, both before and during the Silo Week. He even tried to get himself elected new Crew leader. At the same time Will was also trying to take the same role, but his loyalty is less in question.
- Comm Links: Since the Crew's creation Nights has always kept them well-connected with earpieces and headsets, usually far too small to be of any bother but just large enough to be noticeable. They are occasionally helpful for other things, such as recording a conversation or alerting others of the fact that one of their own has been captured.
- Confusion Fu: They're a disorganised bunch of mages, all wielding different types of magic and unable to decide which is the most efficient. When up against the highly structured but magically inept AJCO they may be able to use this to their advantage.
- Deadly Gas: Ravenhold Castle has been plagued by gas both in character and out.
- Elaborate Underground Base: The Crew briefly inhabited a naturally-occurring dungeon that served as one of these while they constructed Ravenhold.
- Fire-Forged Friends: Debatable, given that the first Crew came together after leaving AJCO and the addition of new members has led to some conflicts of interest at times. The one thing they share though is that they dislike A_J and she dislikes them!
- Honor Before Reason: The Crew have a tendency to attempt to rescue or help anyone in need (even A_J), whether or not that is in their best interest or the party in question wants help.
- Magic Misfire: The Castle Mages are a walking example. It would be easier to count the number of times their magic worked the way it was intended than the times it didn't!
- Ominous Floating Castle: The second castle build by the Castle Crew was one of these.
- Voodoo Doll: You're unlikely to find any outside of Curls and Lavender's magic.
Nights (42nights)Leader and founder of the Castle Crew, was made to serve A_J again for a while but was 'freed'.
- Anti-Hero: She's generally the 'good' to A_J's 'evil' but shares the same scientific fascination. She has in the past captured and tortured Frances just to see what made her tick.
- Exalted Torturer: She isn't presented as being a hero at all (because she isn't), but she's still ever-so-slightly lighter than A_J...but only just.
- Forgets to Eat: Eating and sleeping really aren't high up on her list of priorities, not when there's so much other stuff to do.
- Goggles Do Something Unusual: Said to allow the wearer to read electrical currents.
- Hates Being Touched: Freaked out when hugged by Blue, though she doesn't mind it so much if she's the one who initiates the contact.
- Iron Lady: The most indestructible member of the Crew, which is why she's in charge. As the trope suggests, she's generally pretty stoic.
- Mark of Shame: Has the letters '4' and '2' branded on her face, a practice only given to slaves of the State.
- Perpetual Frowner: Has a sense of humour, it just doesn't get seen very often.
Curls (curls101)One of Nights' second-in-commands. Witch.
- Black Magic: An expert. Her mood and temperament depends on what kind of magic she's infused herself with.
- Forgets to Eat: Much like Nights, she gets wrapped up in her work and just doesn't place much importance on the act of sitting down and eating.
- Power Glows: Her eyes glow when she's using or infusing herself with strong magic.
- Summoning Ritual: Curls has made numerous attempts at them. The first time she accidentally summoned an evil ghost when she was trying to get a friendly spirit, and the second time she summoned Finn and couldn't send him back. The others are starting to get rather fed up of it.
Lavender (LavenderWolf)Crew. Also a pirate.
- Chronic Backstabbing Disorder: She's reeled it in the past few months, but when she first arrived at AJCO she was all about this trope.
Blue (blueskywolf09)Arcane/Magicka magewolf with wings, blue fur, and a garden.
- Clip Its Wings: Has a beautifully fluffy white pair of wings but can't use them due to previous trauma
- Cry into Chest: With Nights upon learning of Holar's death
- Cuddle Bug: Loves to hug other people. 9 times out of 10, the recipient does not reciprocate.
- Glowing Eyes of Doom: When there's a blood moon out, run away.
- Lunacy: Full Moons aren't that bad, just some sporadic magic We don't talk about Blood Moons.
- No Sense of Personal Space: Curls and Nights have both been hugged more than once and have both made it quite clear they don't enjoy it.
- Power Glows: Her eyes glow and change when there's a blood moon out.
- Winged Humanoid: She's an anthropomorphic wolf with wings. That's all there is to it.
- Wolf Man: Big blue wolf with big white wings.
Krauzer (krauzer168)Upstart Thaumaturge.
- Black Mage: The most violent and aggressive member of the crew, with a long list of magical spells and weapons to help him fulfill this role.
- Denied Food as Punishment: After threatening her and the rest of the crew, Nights locked Krauzer in his room and gives him a limited supply of water and no food for three days. It's up there among the darker things she's done, though the other mages used magic to sneak food to him.
- Magic Staff: Hardly ever seen without his.
- Power Glows: Like Blue, Curls and pretty much all the other mages, his eyes flash when he's using great power.
- Token Evil Teammate: Alright, so it might not be fair to use words like 'good' or 'evil' in a world of Grey and Gray Morality, but if it was Krauzer would definitely be the evil teammate. He pushes Nights so far she locks him up until he's learnt his lesson (it didn't work).
Lartin (LartinC)Formerly part of the Deserters. Gunman.
As a whole:
- Cherry Blossom: Have been a defining feature of it ever since it was first created, never mind the fact that it is a water village.
- Close-Knit Community: Seven people live in Katton presently - Kaja, its mayor, Crez, Lorelei Vinnie, Kube, Egg, and Cain. They get along rather well.
- Really 700 Years Old: Both Kaja and Crez are much, much older than they look (especially Kaja, who is bordering-on-ancient). Crez, however, is actually more like 500 (and has no idea of it).
Kajasta (catterfly)Angel. Mayor of Katton.
- Beware the Nice Ones: Normally a kind, generous and almost motherly figure but can drop the 'humanoid' act at a moment's notice and tear you apart. A_J found this out the hard way after she revealed the fact that Egg was to be expelled from the Silo into the irradiated land above, and became the first person to see Kaja in her true form. Needless to say, she was a little shaken from the experience.
- Burning with Anger: She's very difficult to provoke into anger, being a kind and compassionate soul, but when pushed far enough the delicate halo shining above her head will burst into vicious flames.
- Eyes Do Not Belong There: In her true form. She has several eyes on her face, many on her back and torso as well as plenty along her arms.
- Holy Halo: Hers is very pale purple and has a pattern to it, rather than just being a bright light emanating from her head.
- Invisible to Normals: She appears humanoid only to those who aren't also angels or demons. Finn is the only one that sees her in her true form all the time.
- Mama Bear: She offers her protection to anyone who asks or needs it and sometimes takes people under her wing simply because she likes them. Do not threaten these people. She will destroy you.
- Our Angels Are Different: Is a Zoroastrian/Persion angel with a double set of purple wings.
- Power Glows: The angrier she gets the brighter her halo glows, until it is literally ghostly fire.
- Protectorate: She will help other people if they ask for it, but she's not going to deliberately go out looking for trouble to ease unless trouble comes to Katton.
- Wind from Beneath My Wings: She can do this with her enormous wings.
Crez (crezentials)Kaja's second-in-command. Shady potions merchant.
- Amnesiac Dissonance: He exists as himself in different timelines, and can sometimes remember parts. It's not always pleasant.
- Combat Pragmatist: Whatever is needed to win a fight, he will do.
- Cowardly Lion: Rarely volunteers to do things that require courage but is still a competent member of the investigation team, and never had to go with them in the first place.
- Double Consciousness: He can remember things from other timelines he's been in/is in.
- Functional Addict: It's a minor addiction, but his addiction to drinking various types of blood is an addiction nonetheless. It doesn't really show.
- Intrepid Merchant: Much like Dell, Crez is a master of brewing potions. He also has somewhat suspect methods, but never goes too far.
Lorelei (cheesehelmet)Runs a bar.
- Beauty Is Never Tarnished: Swans around in make-up and high heels and never looks anything less than absolutely gorgeous.
Egg (EggplantWitch)Teenage prosecutor, one of the original three founders of the Castle Crew.
- Break the Cutie: She's had more than her fair share of Heroic BSODs considering her age, but it never sticks for longer than a couple of months.
- Bunny-Ears Lawyer:
- Despite being an awkward teenager who never had any formal legal training, she proved to be surprisingly competent to the extent that she beat both Py and A_J, who were prepared to cheat, in the trial.
- She's also been shown to be quite a good diplomat, acting as the Castle Crew ambassador to other factions. Considering her incompetence when it comes to socialising, this is doubly surprising.
- Creepy Child: Was seen as one by the villagers who lived in her hometown for her ability to see and talk with ghosts, leading to an All of the Other Reindeer situation. Has now grown out of it, not least because no one on the server is actually all that bothered by it.
- Crusading Lawyer: Took on both Cameo's case and Holar's case, not because either of them wanted her to, but because it was the right thing to do.
- Crush Blush: Egg normally just stammers due to being even more nervous than usual, but has been known to go red when around Kube.<Kube> *looks at Egg fondly*<Kube> *brushes a strand of hair from her face*<Kube> Told you Id be fineEgg blushes
- Dark Is Not Evil: Her favourite colours are black and dark purple, both symbolically 'evil' colours.
- Do Not Call Me "Paul": She's only ever referred to as Egg or some affectionate deviation thereof (Eggo, Eggy, etc). This is because she hates her real name.
- Embarrassing First Name: Revealed her full name during the end of the Reflection arc, when trying to elect herself as the new Warden to prevent the facility from being nuked with her in it. It's 'Eglatine Wynne'. A_J claimed later to have misheard it as 'a guillotine'. Eglatine isn't too bad all things considered, but it's the closest thing she has to a Berserk Button.
- Friendless Background: There weren't a lot of other children in her home village anyway, and following her possession by a ghost she was isolated from them by her mother. She confesses to Kube long before they're really friends that she's never had a best friend in her entire life.
- Giver of Lame Names: Her bow is called Thing For Shooting.
- HeelFace Revolving Door: Though her morality has never changed, she's gone from AJCO to Castle to neutral to the Castle and so on so, so many times. Seems as though she has left the Crew for good following the Silo mini-arc to live with the teens in Katton.
- I Call It "Vera": Names all her weapons and most of her tools with extremely descriptive but mundane names.
- Interspecies Romance: With Kube, a plant alien. As she's asexual and they're beesexual it's a pretty tame relationship.
- I See Dead People: Unless they're actively trying to hide from her, she can see ghosts (which most people can't at all). It's the only magical ability she has.
- Lovable Coward: Before her Character Development this trope fitted her like a glove - likely to run away or leap into the nearest body of water large enough to hold her at the first sign of trouble, and unlikely to stand up for herself or anyone else. Of course, that's all changed now.
- Nice Girl: Is unfailingly helpful, open and honest to everyone she meets. She even offered cake to the Auditor.
- Nice Hat: The jury's out as to what kind of hat it actually is, resembling something vaguely like a traditional fedora, but it's definitely sharp.
- Prophet Eyes: While her eyes are normally a perfectly ordinary brown, they will turn completely white if she is possessed by a ghost, regardless of whether they are malevolent or not.
- Shrinking Violet: While it may have been an act to begin with, there's not much left of the Castle Crew's Large Ham thaumaturge anymore. The repetitive Heroic BSODs are to blame for this, though in a somewhat subversion she also becomes braver and braver with every BSOD she recovers from.
- Socially Awkward Hero: The most outstanding example of several. She tries so hard. Normally this is seen as an endearing trait at best and a mildly irritating one at worst, but her lack of skill eventually provokes Kube, one of her friends, into demanding that she leave the room before she says anything more that she'd regret.
- Stutter Stop: She has a mild st-stammer that only really manifests itself very occasionally as a repeated syllable or, or word. It decreases to almost nonexistent levels when she's talking to people she's very comfortable with, or when she's really ranting.
- Talking Your Way Out: An odd example as she wasn't the one who was captured, Vinnie was - she persuaded A_J to let her in, and then persuaded A_J to let them out. And it worked. The Auditor was quite angry when she found out; so angry that a well-timed server crash was attributed to the Auditor's rage by a few people outside of RP.
- Token Good Teammate: As pretty much everyone else in the Crew (bar perhaps Blue) has extremely dodgy morals at times, she couldn't avoid this particular trope. Also applied to her when she worked for AJCO, even if she was much less likely to act on it then.
- Wise Beyond Their Years: Was forced to adopt levels of reasoning and caution well beyond her age in order to survive after she ran away from home, and it's stayed that way ever since. Contrast with Vinnie, her superior in age but perhaps not maturity.
Vinnie (cameo_vincenti)Stranded teenager from outer space
- Alien Among Us: They're a human, but since they come from outer space they count as this.
- Bratty Half-Pint: Nice to their friends, terrified of their superiors and a complete brat to everyone else.
- Interspecies Friendship: Their best friend is Kube, a plant alien.
- Motor Mouth: Once they get going, they're hard to stop. They often say far, far too much.
- Nervous Wreck: Vinnie has some highly pronounced anxiety
- Raised by Wolves: Was raised and educated in an academy filled with Plant Aliens like Kube. It is unknown what happened to their birth parents.
- The Stoner: Considers hemp to be entirely good for them. When they were questioned on this by Egg, they were actively confused.<Egg>: That stuff isn't very good for you, you know.
<Vinnie>: You kidding? It's like a serving of vegetables.
Kube (zeekubeast)Stranded teenage plant-alien
- Buffy Speak: A regular feature of their dialogue. They do their best.
- Humanoid Aliens: They're humanoid in shape - two legs, two arms, one head etc - but they have three bright pink eyes, thick green skin covered in porcupine-like spines and capable of photosynthesis, carnivore teeth and a vine-like gecko tongue.
- Headbutt of Love: Kube occasionally does this to Egg, as they have to wear a gas mask and can't actually kiss her.
- Interspecies Friendship: Their best friend is Vinnie, a human.
- Interspecies Romance: With Egg, also a human.
- Leeroy Jenkins: The moment something exciting starts to happen, they will rush in and do their best to make it even more chaotic.
- Mouthy Kid: If Vinnie is a Bratty Half-Pint and Egg is Wise Beyond Her Years, Kube is this trope in comparison. Not as subdued as Egg, but not as deliberately antagonistic as Vinnie.
- Obfuscating Stupidity: Considering their demeanor it would be easy to assume they were unintelligent and lazy, but they've shown that they know a fair amount about inter-galactic politics and have learnt about human culture astonishingly quickly.
- Plant Aliens: Can't breathe the air that everyone else does due to the low percentages of carbon dioxide, and blushes in the presence of flowers.
- Sir Swears-a-Lot: Notably more foul-mouthed than their colleague.
- The Stoner: Crash-landed near Katton high on 'hemp' and craves the high when they get stressed.
Requiem (celestialrequiem)A_J's former right hand woman. A Thaumaturge, and has connections to Flux and Vis.
- Because You Were Nice to Me: Egg was the only person to show genuine concern for her following the death of the Doctor. As a result, she travels to Katton in search of Egg when she decides to finally quit AJCO.
- Covered in Scars: There are scars all over her body, including her face. Most are from her life as a slave in her early years, but there's also that time A_J carved her initials into Req's back.
- Enigmatic Minion: Gets on with her work quietly in the background, and apart from that not much else is known about her other than the fact that she has no morality. She just follows A_J.
- Fingore: Missing two of her fingers.
- Friend to Bugs: She has done some very painful things to people who have hurt her insects.
- Grow Beyond Their Programming: To an extent, as she isn't a machine.
- Made of Magic: And able to summon it when she gets really, really mad.
- My Master, Right or Wrong: Completely loyal to A_J no matter what. Requiem was the only person to defend her at The Trial
Adrian Telepher (the_cheesy_one)'State inspector' who has an apparent interest in Breyos
- Obstructive Bureaucrat: As an inspector of the State (except not really), he has less power than an Auditor and strikes annoyance into the hearts of Wards rather than fear. The fussy little moustache completes the look.
- Gentleman Thief: What he wants to be. He's just a bit too fumbling to make the cut.
- Have a Gay Old Time: Literally everything he says, plus the fact that his name is 'Dickie' and he calls himself Galloping Dick. Most of the things he says would've been acceptable about 200 years ago. He just doesn't seem to realise he's not in that era, and the woman he just called a 'fair maiden' is succumbing to Void sickness and would probably put a crossbow through his eye socket if she had the chance.
- The Highway Man: Clearly styles himself on the classy, sophisticated highwaymen of old. As mentioned above, however, he's just not the dashing type.
Will (heggers)One of the original three founders of the Castle Crew and formerly its head engineer.
- The Engineer: While Nights takes this title for herself these days, he is responsible for the creation and upkeep for almost every machine in the Castle and its surrounding complex. He even has his own lab, with a giant solar dish outside.
- Fiery Redhead: He's a touch on the Hot-Blooded side, prone to arguments (especially with fellow Crew member Krauzer) and very, very ginger.
- Gadgeteer Genius: Finds machine work ridiculously easy and spends almost every waking hour attending to them.
- Genius Bruiser: Is the strongest human character on the entire server, and is definitely among the most intelligent to boot. Just how strong? Strong enough to knock a metal door off its hinges with his bare hands.
- Misunderstood Loner with a Heart of Gold: Has been known to lock himself in his lab for weeks on end and genuinely seems to enjoy the solitude, but can generally be relied upon to come forth and stand up for his friends if needs be.
- Only Sane Man: With Egg's departure from the Crew and with Nights currently in AJCO, this role seems to have fallen to him by default.
- Techno Babble: Do not ask for an explanation of his work unless you're prepared to listen to the consequences.
- Wrench Whack: His weapon of choice. He's currently working on his crude prototype 'butterfly wrench', a cross between a functional machine wrench and a decidedly more lethal butterfly knife.
TYBALT (Toad37)Deserters' former robot member.
- Brain Uploading: An AI-to-robot example. Turns out that to fix TYBALT up, Cain cannibalised their (defunct) FAC's AI system - an AI that could be described as somewhat sentient and having a virtual 'brain'.
- Unnecessarily Creepy Robot: At least in the ways he acts sometimes. Prone to muttering and bringing people dead roses.
Hector (silvermender)Chalkurite teenager with a bad attitude and giant hands.
- Eye Scream: Became the second person in the span of a few days to suffer an eye-related injury from A_J (who pushed the cigar he'd been smoking into his eye). Fortunately for him, he could simply regenerate it after a few days - rather startling Req in the process.
- Our Monsters Are Weird: As far as anyone can tell he's part of some odd nuclear-powered race that can shapeshift into huge lizard monsters. And have huge hands for smashing things with.
- Crazy Cat Lady: The only creatures that live anywhere near her are her multitude of pet cats.
- The Judge: Served as one during the Trial To End All Days, and stood for none of the nonsense either side tried to pull off.
- Misunderstood Loner with a Heart of Gold: Lives all alone, a long way away from anyone else and has no allegiance to any particular faction. But she's a good person, with a strong sense of right and wrong.
CB (CerebroBullet)A sophisticated kind of space alien elf man, on the fence about joining the Castle Crew
- Alien Among Us: He looks rather like Ranger, who isn't an alien, and is the only one of his species around.
Unndis (Unndis)A thaumaturge living in a tower. Has been invited to the Crew but hasn't yet accepted.
- Made of Magic: Though less destructive than Req.
- Spark Fairy: Is technically a Wisp, though you wouldn't know it to look at her.
Cyborg (PredictedCyborg)A young female cyborg who has been shipwrecked for a few years before coming back to the mainland. Lives at the Beach Shack with Mei but more often or not is wandering somewhere on the mainland.
- Berserk Button: Has recently shown to have one when you mention anything about the State and their test subjects. Because at some time before she was shipwrecked, she was one.
- Cloud Cuckoolander: Living on your own on a jungle island for a few years makes you a bit strange.
- Cyborg: A given.
- Electronic Eyes: Her right eye is purple and cybernetic in contrast to her organic blue left eye.
- Ms. Exposition: A minor example. She seems to be the one most often feeding news of the other side of the continent to the Castle Crew in their area due to the fact that she's that much of a wanderer. Very prone to chatter.
- Walking the Earth: Not constantly but does seem to have an inability to stay put too long in one place. She does actually have a proper 'home' though.
A_J (Aimie_Jane)The usual leader of AJCO. Has had a few run-ins with the Void, the latest of which has seen her vanish from the face of the planet alongside the Auditor.
- Ax-Crazy: Not immediately obvious, but she has her moments of Sanity Slippage - the intensity varies from Laughing Mad to blowing up the world because she lost a trial.
- Bad Boss: Good bosses generally don't torture their employees from time to time. Or outright murder them for their own gain.
- Black Eyes of Evil: They were originally pale green, but one too many trips into the Void has made them completely black.
- Deadly Nosebleed: A side-effect of re-education, one that plagued A_J for quite some time. It occasionally re-emerges.
- Faux Affably Evil: Treats her rivals with nothing but the highest degree of politeness and affability but in such a way that makes it very clear she does, in fact, think they are the scum of the earth.
- For Science!: Almost every decision A_J's ever made was made with 'For Science!' in mind; she even says it outright at times. For example, during the Trial:Aimie_Jane: I serve you all. For the greater good. In the name of progress. And science.
- Hoist by Their Own Petard: In order to escape the consequences of the defeat she suffered in court at the hands of Egg A_J blew a hole in the world and escaped into the next. And lost everything, not least her own facility, AJCO itself.
- Light Is Not Good: Has never worn anything but a crisp white labcoat to go with her pale blonde hair.
- Mad Scientist: Torture chambers, strange electrical devices, tanks of blood and Void matter are all commonplace features whenever she's left in charge of decoration.
- My God, What Have I Done?: A_J has a moment of realisation after she forces Egg out of the bunker into the potentially irradiated poisonous wasteland above.<Facilitator A_J> This is always how it ends. With our betters making an example of us.<Facilitator A_J> Why then<Facilitator A_J> Am I not content.<Facilitator A_J> Why then do I feel a grave error has been made.Aimie_Jane lays down the clipboard, finally<Facilitator A_J> What has become of me.
- Neat Freak: Can usually be found tidying up her paperwork or hosing down the Friendship Chamber, even when it hasn't been used.
- No-Nonsense Nemesis: She doesn't waste time gloating or dancing around sensitive issues like blood and guts and murder. She gets on with things.
- Soft-Spoken Sadist: Linked to Faux Affably Evil - she never shouts or raises her voice. Unless she's really gone off the deep end.
- Villainous Breakdown: Upon realising that she was going to be pronounced guilty at the end of the Trial To End All Days, she revealed that shed loaded the courtroom with nukes, activated The Needle and blew everyone into yet another world. Thats breaking down with style.
The Auditor (Auditor_)Auditor from the State who apparently has been chasing A_J for a long while. Now vanished into the void alongside her prey.
- Big Bad: When a villain comes along that terrifies even A_J, it's hard to see how she isn't this.
- Break Them by Talking: Her favourite tactic. She's used it on both A_J and Egg, and has left both in tears.
- Facial Horror: Much of her lower face is black and wasted to dead-looking muscle, leaving her charred teeth exposed. Yet she can still talk and smoke, often at the same time.
Cameo Vincenti (cameo_vincenti)The Poet, the rose of AJCO. Deceased
Finn (bandetto)Ice demon summoned from the Underdark by Curls.
- Blood Lust: The smell of blood drives him crazy, provoking him to attack people when in a normal state of mind he'd be too scared to even talk to them. It eventually leads to Vinnie having their throat ripped out, and Dell having to amputate zir arm due to his bite.
- Dude Looks Like a Lady: He's a very pretty young demon. Who identifies as male, despite what other people think.
- An Ice Person: Has some pretty powerful and extravagant powers - he may be able to control it if he concentrates, but even just leaning on a table will cover it in frost.
- Our Demons Are Different: He's a fairly nice guy, for one thing, and for another he doesn't go in for the 'red skin, small horns and lots of fire' stuff.
- To Serve Man: His favorite food is live human.
- Weaksauce Weakness: He's badly allergic to mistletoe and salt.
Golden (DrSharky)A soft-spoken black mage who drifted into town one day. Now deceased.
- Black Mage: A typical example; blue-robed and face cast in shadow.
- Ridiculously Human Robot: Who would have thought they were Sharky's counterpart all along?
Dell (plaidlove)Potions merchant. Now left the lands to wander with zir friend Sharky.
- The Alcoholic: Leans more towards zir potions but still falls into this category.
- Booze-Based Buff: Dell takes Fire Resistance potions often, making fire and lava a no-biggie most of the time. This came particularly handy when a magic and potion experiment blew up, throwing zem into a pool of lava (and saving zem from being infected with taint).
- Fingore: In addition to horrible burns, Dell is missing two fingers on zir left hand thanks to Frances' trigger happiness.
- Former Teen Rebel: Had the brat hammered out of zem during zir apprenticeship.
- Tampering with Food and Drink: Did this to Frances' painkillers in a poor attempt to make her a nonthreat.
- Unlucky Every Dude: Ze's surrounded by murderous maniacs, hostile robots, and stoned alien teenagers. Ze is also plagued by bad luck. It's pretty self-explanatory.
- Wound That Will Not Heal: Zir left arm was in a constant state of healing and regeneration to avoid permanent nerve damage until it got bitten off entirely.
Sharkbot (drsharky)A medical robot created by AJCO. Now wandering the lands with her friend Dell.
- A.I. Is a Crapshoot: At the fault of her builders. She seeks to make sure humans do not build or get to define what makes a robot.
- Extreme Omnisexual: So long as it doesn't have flesh, it's game.
- Gone Horribly Wrong: Initially created to be a medical bot, currently as far from a medical bot as one can be. When correct programming is installed, however, she CAN pull it off.
- Personality Chip: Can feel human emotions and carry a conversation quite well, so it's fair to assume she has one of these. It's not necessarily a nice personality, that's all.
- Sexbot: While designed to be a medical robot, she was built by the all-female, mostly-gay AJCO.
- Turned Against Their Masters: Hates humans, particularly ones who create/control robots. Seems to tolerate Dell and maybe Egg, though.
Edcat (untoldedman)Purple thaumatuge cat. Not what he seems. Deceased
- Cat Folk: A big purple cat.
Holar (holarctic)A_J's old Head of Security. Deceased
- Addled Addict: Bonemeal and wither bones, leading to his demise.
- Beast Man: A large white-and-grey dog.
- Dropped a Bridge on Him: As if going off the brink on drugs wasn't bad enough, he ended up dead.
Doctor Pi (pi_TEC)The local Warden of the State. Runs the Pi-TEC facility. Deceased.
- Dark Secret: Where is the State? Why haven't they contacted her? Where are the classified files? What is written in them? Just what happened to this universe's A_J? How much is she hiding? Now that some of the questions have been answered with the break-in engineered by Kaja, Crez and Egg, you realise she had good reason to hide them.
- Iron Lady: Even more so than Nights. She has much more severe weaknesses, however, once you get past the facade.
- Mayor of a Ghost Town: Until the others arrive, when she rapidly moves towards I Own This Town.
- No-Nonsense Nemesis: Much like A_J. If she wants something done, she will either do it herself or make someone else do it for her.
- Not That Kind of Doctor: She is not a medical doctor.
- Obstructive Bureaucrat: Despite having presented no official documentation to support her claim, she has made everyone else apply for a land lease for their homes and barges onto their property whenever she feels like it, simply because she can.
- Rugged Scar: A very distinguishing one from scalp to cheek.
Ranger (tberg38)Elf, magicka mage. Has left to try and return home.
- Frying Pan of Doom: Despite being a competent magician - perhaps the most competent, due to being somewhat more cautious than her peers - this is her weapon of choice.
- Mana Potion: Needs them to survive and cope with the magic she now uses.
- Power Glows: Like all the other mages, it's the eyes that light up when serious power is being used.
Ziek (zeekubeast)A zeekubeastie, what more could you ask for? Lost in the Void
- The Bus Came Back: He showed up for a while with a missing eye before the world changed over.
- Put on a Bus: First after a long silence, then finally replaced when the world changed.
Darte (froginajar)A frog-human hybrid child recently 'adopted' by the Crew.
- Nature Lover: ...although she eats half of it the majority of the time.
- Poisonous Person: She's a frog person. A poison dart frog person.
- Wild Child: She is still in the process of learning English, but primarily speaks in a strange 'frog' based language.
Ginger Red MacKenzie (froginajar)
- Bungling Inventor: Has crashed multiple airship 'inventions' multiple times.
- Cool Pet: Sparks, her clockwork robot bird... thing.
Cain (Ebansu)Formerly the engineer of the Deserters.
- Adorkable: He's young, nerdy, clumsy, but friendly - which is pretty much every box ticked when it comes to this trope.
- Cannot Talk to Women: It doesn't matter if they're attractive or ugly, older or younger, he will become flustered regardless and usually dig himself into a hole. He's been intimidated by Egg.
- The Engineer: Very good with machines, he just sometimes can't get the parts to co-operate.
- Keet: A teenaged/young adult version, at least in comparison to the rest of the Deserters.
Lennart Pengersen (Ebansu)
- Deal with the Devil: Possibly. Sort of how Lennart recruits most of the other Border Machinists, getting them at a position where they don't have much to lose, before making his offer.
- Grumpy Old Man: He does spend a lot of time complaining about the youth of today, for sure.
- Large Ham: The largest ham on the server by far. He laughs heartily after almost every line he says.
Pythos/Frances (Pythosblaze)A_J's former left hand woman. Qualifies as a Cyborg. Thought lost in the Void, but was left behind after the Needle Incident. Now rescued by Cel and Hector.
- Alien Blood: Her blood was replaced with a teal-coloured substitute.
- And I Must Scream: Was stuck halfway between worlds after A_J blew up the courtroom, unable to reach her friends, torn up and missing limbs, all alone in a nuclear winter. It got better.
- An Arm and a Leg: One of her arms and several of her organs were lost in an accident at AJCO. The other arm she voluntarily replaced.
- Artificial Limbs: Py's arms; designed, built, and attached by herself.
- Badass in a Nice Suit: Once she ditched the tracksuit trousers and rejoined AJCO, she took to strutting around in an extremely nice suit.
- The Dragon:
- A_Js second-in-command; if A_J isnt doing anything nasty to anyone its because Frances is doing it for her (sometimes out of choice).
- Now serves as second-in-command to S_K, though how inferior her role is remains to be seen.
- Even Evil Has Standards: Sometimes even Frances is mortified by some of the things A_J does.
- Fake Arm Disarm: Both of her arms are metal replacements, and it's easy for anyone to see upon meeting her that taking them out is an easy way to bring her down a few levels. Since getting back from the Void they've been torn up and replaced numerous times.
- HeelFace Turn: After hearing the testimony of literally everyone else in the courtroom, she was called upon to answer whether A_J was truly guilty or not. She said yes. Especially impressive considering she was the defense.
- Number Two: She has little to no interest in power, rather quite comfortable as AJCO's second in command. When power is thrust on her, as it has been in the past, she tries to get her boss back in place as quickly as possible.
- Rugged Scar: She has several. A few are from the lab explosion that cost her an arm, and a few are from A_J stabbing her in the chest and stomach a few times with a cursed dagger.
Mei (bandetto)Clovis' assistant/wife. Was lost in the Void and then fell out of it again.
- Beast Man: A large dark green dog.
- Losing Your Head: She can and will remove her head to freak people out. She has control over both her head and body during their separation.
- The Nicknamer: Gives almost everyone she comes across a silly or witty nickname, whether they want it or not.
- Non-Human Undead: She's a technically undead dog person.
- Only Known by Their Nickname: Her full name is Meihex, but everyone refers to her as Mei.
- Pulling Themselves Together: Similar to Losing Your Head above, she can remove each of her limbs and stitch them back on.
- Pyro Maniac: Though it's quite low-level, Mei takes great joy in setting everything on fire.