Michael Anthony Richards (born July 24, 1949) is an American actor, writer, television producer, and comedian best known for his role as Kramer in the sitcom Seinfeld, which offered a pretty good idea of the types of characters he plays.
Film roles with TV Tropes pages:
- Young Doctors in Love (1982)
- UHF (1989)
- Problem Child
- Coneheads (1993)
- So I Married an Axe Murderer (1993)
- Airheads (1994)
- The Flintstones (1994)
Television roles with TV Tropes Pages:
- Hill Street Blues
- The Larry Sanders Show
- Mad About You
- Miami Vice
- Mr. Belvedere
- Night Court
- Scarecrow and Mrs. King
- St. Elsewhere
Voice acting roles with TV Tropes pages:
Other roles with TV Tropes pages:
Tropes associated with this actor:
- I Am Not Spock: He will forever he known as Cosmo Kramer.
- "Just Joking" Justification: Richards claims his racist rant at a heckler at one of his stand-up shows was an attempt to shock the heckler into silence by being that over-the-top, but he landed in Dude, Not Funny! territory instead.
- Old Shame: UHF is a touchy subject for him, though he was a good enough sport to do the commentary for (part of) the film.
- Role-Ending Misdemeanor: The racist rant.
- Star-Derailing Role: Michael Richards's first post-Seinfeld role in The Michael Richards Show flopped so hard is established the "Seinfeld curse". Since then, he's only done voice-over work until 2006, when he launched into a racist rant at a heckler.