Michael Anthony Richards (born July 24, 1949 in Culver City, California) is an American actor, writer, television producer, and comedian best known for his role as Kramer in the sitcom Seinfeld, which offered a pretty good idea of the types of characters he plays.
Film roles with TV Tropes pages:
- Young Doctors in Love (1982)
- UHF (1989)
- Problem Child
- Coneheads (1993)
- So I Married an Axe Murderer (1993)
- Airheads (1994)
- The Flintstones (1994)
Television roles with TV Tropes Pages:
- Cheers (episode "Bar Bet")
- Hill Street Blues
- The Larry Sanders Show
- Mad About You
- Miami Vice
- Mr. Belvedere
- Night Court
- Scarecrow and Mrs. King
- Seinfeld (173 episodes, 1989-1998)
- St. Elsewhere
Voice acting roles with TV Tropes pages:
Other roles with TV Tropes pages:
Tropes associated with this actor:
- I Am Not Spock: He will forever he known as Cosmo Kramer.
- Crosses the Line Twice: Richards claims his racist rant at a heckler at one of his stand-up shows was an attempt to shock him into silence by being that over-the-top, but instead Richards crossed the line into Dude, Not Funny! territory instead.
- Old Shame: UHF is a touchy subject for him, though he was a good enough sport to do the commentary for (part of) the film.
- Role-Ending Misdemeanor: The racist rant.
- Star-Derailing Role: Michael Richards's first post-Seinfeld role in The Michael Richards Show flopped so hard is established the "Seinfeld curse". Since then, he's only done voice-over work until 2006, when he launched into a racist rant at a heckler.