Web Serial Novel
(Also known as "Webfiction" or the "Online novel") Subgenre of Web Original and the prose equivalent of webcomics such as Sluggy Freelance or Girl Genius (among many others) which happen to have distinct Story Arcs. An author, usually an amateur, publishes a Novel in many short installments (often daily or weekly) on a website. Quite often, the work in question is some sort of Fan Fic, but also included in this category are completely original works. Most long-form Fan Fic is posted on places like fanfiction.net in installments, and thus would qualify as this trope. Spiritual Ancestors of this trope are the Serial Novels which Charles Dickens' (and many other authors of that time) originally published in serial form in newspapers and in Dime Novel form. See Web Fiction Guide and Muses Success for incomplete listings of serial novels, among other forms of online prose fiction. Web Fiction World is a podcast dedicated to original, online fiction. Top Web Fiction keeps a list of active/popular web serials. The site employs a weekly voting system in order to stay consistently current. Please note that these works go in the Literature/ namespace, and not Web Original.
open/close all folders
- Above Ground is a post-apocalyptic Dark Fantasy where humans live underground and the infected live above ground. The story follows the adventures of the human girl Lilith, who is trapped upon the surface alongside werewolves, witches, and the like.
- The Adventures of Fox Tayle is about a regular fox made to be a soldier, but then the government project is cancelled. Fox escapes being killed and is hunted by the FBI for the majority of the story. First published on deviantART.
- The Adventures of Pat O'Neil is a self-narrative of the life of Pat O'Neil, a "regular guy from Iowa" that somehow ended up battling the forces of Clan Platypus, a organization of ninjas trying to take over the
worlduniverse by selling meth.
- Aivoton Aikamatka
- A Grey World is an action/coming of age story with science fiction elements. The plot centers around a young girl, Alexis, as she contents with issues ranging from severe bullying and gang violence to social anxiety.
- Anachronauts is a web novel series in which multiple realities converge onto a single planet, and all the consequences that ensue because of it. Thus, its tagline: "a web novel series of broomsticks, semiautomatics, and jetpacks."
- Anathema is an ongoing serialized novel that explores the stories of three superpowered characters with diverse backgrounds and motivations in an alternate universe very similar to our own. Their plotlines impact one another and eventually begin to converge. The story features tropes such as Anti-Villain, Crapsack World and Nice Job Breaking It, Hero. Tagline: Those comic books were lying about superpowers.
- Anesthesia is a sci-fi adventure about a crazy boy who is the heir to a incredibly wealthy company and his twin sister.
- Angel Of Death is an Urban Fantasy Web Serial about a lich named Cody Giles coping with the guilt imposed by his need to devour human souls while trying to use his dark powers for good.
- Angry Remembrance is a Coming of Age story with an Urban Fantasy bent. Brian Cargill learns that the father he thought walked out on his family actually died a hero—fighting an ancient battle between two warring factions of shapeshifters who call upon the powers of legendary heroes and their nemeses.
- Animas Conquest is a web serial novel that updates at least once weekly. It is about a School For Scheming in a semi-post-apocalyptic setting.
- The Antithesis revolves around the conflicts of a uniquely-perceived Heaven and Hell, narrated by the main character, Alezair Czynri, who is a member of the "Jury", a sect of non-Celestials who live in Purgatory and enforce "The Code".
- Arcana Magi is a young adult fantasy universe written by H-M Brown. It features a Web Serial Novel of the main series about a teenage girl, who received a mystical item from one of The Four Gods, and was captured and brainwashed by an Evil Company to serve their needs. He also wrote Arcana Magi Zero, an Alternate Universe Short Story Trilogy about the beginnings of two teenage girls, who received their magical items from The Four Gods, and try to understand their place in the world.
- Ars Harmonia  is a collection of short stories told in Light Novel format, set in the same universe as Vacant Sky. It's an Urban Fantasy tale about a nameless demon hunter who fights to keep various supernatural entities from encroaching upon the unsuspecting society at large, and what happens when she fails.
- Associated Space is an often-hilarious science fiction story written by a friend of a troper.
- Avalons Reign is a cyberpunk serial novel.
- Bad Influences is a blogged disaster fiction about a global flu pandemic.
- Becoming a better writer is a group of books written by an amateur New Zealand author and serialized on his website. So far involves Demon Hunting and Werewolf Law.
- Beyond Logic
- Though the results aren't nearly long enough to be considered "novels", BIONICLE includes web serials as part of their canon. They supplement the books and comics in that they can focus on and flesh out side characters—including the villains—or continue to tell adventures of those whose toys are no longer on the market.
- The final novel of the series was only available to read on-line (in English, at least...some European countries printed it into an actual book), so there's that for a novel-length serial.
- Blank Rune follows the story of Tana, a girl who lost her magic after the defeat of her masters.
- The Book of the Gear is the most complete part of the Gearworld setting from Ursula Vernon. Now abandoned and unlikely to continue, it never had much real plot to begin with and was more of an exploration of a compellingly strange world.
- The Brave New World Universe is a superhero story about people who are randomly Chosen to gain superpowers. The Choosing changes their sex and grants them superpowers. It is hosted on tgstorytime.com.
- Brennus is a story that's (mostly) about a teenager with Super Intelligence trying to become a superhero.
- Building Tales is a set of serialized short stories, novellas and, apparently, will contain novels in the future. It is written by the artist of The Life of Nob T. Mouse and All Over The House''.
- BGQG is a romantic comedy about a loner and a shy girl and the relationship between them.
- Caelum Lex, is a sci-fi web serial about a woman who boards a space pirate vessel called the Dionysian and the ramshackle crew that mans it.
- Cardboard Chronicles, a collaborative chat-based narrative that spawned out of a number of running gags on the Spinnerette comment board in October of 2012. It has since spread to DeviantArt, where it has its own group page.
- Chaos Fighters, a serial novel series with extreme amounts of fighting scenes.
- Chaos Timeline, an Alternate History 'verse beginning with the premature death of Genghis Khan and exploring the For Want of a Nail down the centuries that results from it.
- Chakona Space: A Web Original Shared Universe Furry setting, based on a Web Serial Novel, "Forest Tales", by Bernard Doove, (available here (NSFW)) that started as a Star Trek Fan Fic and became its own series. "Forest Tales" was the first series in the setting, but others have been written, by Doove and an army of Chakat fans. Some of these fans are better writers than others.
- The Champions is a web serial novel about a group of superheroes. The story follows these heroes as they struggle to defeat villains and their personal problems. The story is being published on a web site called Fiction Press (sorry for no link) one chapter at a time. A chapter is added to the story every Saturday.
- Chatoyant College is an Urban Fantasy series about a group of friends of are studying at the only university in America that teaches magic.
- The Chronicles Of Steve Stollberg is a satirical web serial novel about 3 young boys (Steve, James, and Harrison) who hang out together at Northville Middle School.
- The Chronicles Of Taras is a regularly updated Horror/Science-Fiction Diesel Punk Web Serial by N. Somniack involving a teenage girl sent to an alleged Summer Camp called 'Camp Moric' that has some shady staff and hardened "Campers". Though, unfortunately, the worst of it is probably The Rake and the other horrible entities lurking about Camp Moric.
- Cirno And Purple Steve is the story of Cirno Excalibur, who found a pole in his back yard, got struck by weird lightning, and went with his new talking pole to go fight the demons. It's an experimental adventure story published weekly.
- Citadel follows a class of trainees through a brutally pragmatic Superhero School
- City Of Angles is a serial about a perpetually changing urban world of Alien Geometries and the people who end up trapped there, trying to eke out a living amidst the weirdness. The ongoing mystery about the origin of the City and its true nature forms the backbone of the series.
- Codex Nekromantia : life, love, necromancy, the fragile human condition when caught between the jaws of a very robust human condition, and wholesale zombie slaughter.
- The Cockroach Metamorphosis is the transformation of people from having just suffered into becoming genuinely happy with themselves again, but not before they've had to deal with Lovecraftian monsters and worlds that cannot make sense.
- Coiling Dragon follows Linley Baruch as he goes to the Ernst Institute to master magic, and then moves on reclaim his clan's legacy, find revenge for his parents, and seek a place among the gods. This 800+ chapter story is described as a mix of wuxia and Daoist fantasy.
- Color Shock is a tale of two cities. One is an unmappable, black and white maze called the city of all cities where street addresses are replaced with dates that mysteriously stop right before the millennium and musicians play the only color in the world into existence. The other is a high-tech metropolis where three teenage gangs (the Reds, the Blues, and the Greens) fight with colored solid light they can throw from their fingertips. In both cities, a mysterious force seeks to blot out all the color in the world forever. Here's the link, till I get around to making a page.
- Correspondence From The Goddess is an ongoing Epistolary Novel from Lydia Devin, a normal woman who was mysteriously raised to the level of divinity, and her sister Elana. Through a series of flashbacks, Lydia tries to understand the events that lead to her destroying the universe and putting it back together.
- Fanfic author Copperbadge publishes original work here, and to date has two complete novels and is working on a third. Interestingly, he asks readers to comment on any mistakes and to raise questions about the work, which he considers during his revisions.
- The Countryship Yoors '' follows the adventures of an oddly Genre Savvy protagonist who, without explanation, ended up in space, aboard a ship the size of a country.
- Curveball is Super Hero fiction about a mysterious conspiracy surrounding the murder of Liberty, America's Greatest Hero.
- Cupid Able is a romantic comedy about an Otaku who has a hopeless crush on his neighbor until Cupid is delivered to his house one morning.
- CyberdineDreams is an Alternate Universe Fic of Furry Fandom author Perri Rhoades' SpectralShadows.
- DarkWatch  follows a team of agents who protect the world from supernatural threats. Relatively new, but updated frequently.
- Decembersville tells the tale of a young girl who is sucked into a world of freaks, murder, and mystery.
- Defection is the story about Alecia, and Jessica. One knows too much, the other is caught in middle of a web of lies. Everything is progressing towards a collision of tectonic proportions and there is going to be collateral.
- The Descendants is a Super Hero story formatted in such a way that it's a comic book without pictures.
- Deucalion Chronicles is a Fantasy Kitchen Sink Space Opera, with time travelers, mages, androids, werewolves and more all rubbing elbows and often as not beating the crap out of one another.
- Dimension Heroes, a web novel series skewed towards a younger demographic featuring five teens who discover futuristic battle suits and are subsequently thrust into an adventure in which they must save their world from colliding with a parallel dimension.
- The Dionaea House, which was told in segments appearing on different websites, every October for three years.
- The Dogs is an erotic, brutal deconstruction of the common stereotypes found in the transformation genre common in the Furry fandom, but meant to be read as Lit Fic.
- Domina is a series about the titular city, which has evolved a unique culture based around Bio-Augmentation. Also, it is written by a troper.
- DO NOT TAKE THE SHELLS is a Lovecraft-inspired weekly serial about a man who visits a coastal village that is not quite what it seems.
- Douluo Dalo a series that follows the second life of a prodigy from a Martial Arts sect that used Poison and Hidden Weapons, who after his death was born in a world of Spirits and Great Powers, he now looks to create his sect again and grow to the very top.
- Dragomirs Diary is a daily fantasy serial about the man himself, who tries to live a normal life in a not-so-normal castle, and the consequences of this silly decision.
- Dragon Queen is a young adult fantasy web serial following a girl's quest to find her mother.
- The Dragon Wars Saga is a young adult fantasy serial in which four British teenagers are dragged into another world to become warriors and save said world from disaster.
- Dream, Delusion, and Reality: An Urban Fantasy story, set in a post-apocalyptic world in 23rd century.
- Dream High School is a variation on the Choose Your Own Adventure that tells stories of a high schooler who takes night classes in a shared Dream Land. Pages are uploaded bi-weekly, and readers vote on what happens next after each upload.
- The Ed Stories, a series of short stories about a Mad Scientist Slacker college student who does everything from teleporting the Sun to sending the entire Earth backwards in time.
- EHUD Prelude To Apocalypse
- Fine Structure by the same author.
- Elcenia is the High Fantasy / Slice of Life story of half-elven mage Rhysel, who has been summoned from one superficially Standard Fantasy Setting to another and is stranded there. Despite superficial similarities the two worlds are at least as different from each other as either is from Earth.
- Engines of Creation, is the story of a small Canadian town that finds itself trapped knee-deep in political turmoil and medieval magick when it is suddenly and mysteriously transported into the mystical Pactlands.
- Ephemeral Prince, a sequel to the freeware RPG Star Stealing Prince.
- The Erratical Saga
- Eternal Bushido is a Wuxia work written by K. W. Robertson that focuses on a young woman who must rely on a stranger to help bring her home's attackers to justice, all the while risking to plunge the empire of Vesitgia into civil war.
- Expedition Z is a StoryShift-hosted post-apocalyptic zombie story written by James Renner, depicting a newly-graduated cadet with his partner on a Lewis and Clark-esque expedition to the West to document any survivors of the Zombie Apocalypse.
- Expiry Date is a work by the creator of Ro.Te.O. One of the protagonists, Kieran, knows the day of his death - in fact, there's a permanent reminder on his wrist. But with creatures called Barcodes to defeat and schoolwork to be done, Kieran's life might be gone before he knows it.
- Fartago , a serialized blog novel by author Tony Caroselli about the adventures of a tribe of cavemen who have found a monolith similar to the one from the opening chapters/scenes of the book/movie 2001: A Space Odyssey. Not fanfic as Caroselli has said the cavemen are not the same ones seen in the book and movie (the lead one of whom is named "Moon-Watcher" in the book, a name not seen in the blog novel). Indeed, Fartago takes place at least 1 million years after the opening chapters of the book 2001, the tribe in Fartago is apparently much larger and better organized than the one in 2001, and Caroselli has said the monolith has not been created by the same race and not for the same purpose. Caroselli insists the premise is an homage, not fanfic.
- Fabled Hearts Is a collection of traditional untraditional fantasy short stories in web serial format. The stories are frequently kind of weird
- The Facility an upstart web serial, the story centers around a boy named Matsuo Kōdaina in a dystopian alternate Japan where children that "dishonor" their families with criminal behavior are sent to a large high school converted to a maximum security prison filled with high school cliché gangs that are at constant war with each other.
- Finding Snowflakes is a rather heartwarming Rom Com featuring a Socially-Awkward Hero and Genki Girl who, as all teenagers, have their issues standing in their way. However, in a world where the supernatural roam freely (which is not as all teenagers) weird situations are bound to happen. What's not to love about the classic loner/prep pairing?
- The Finite is a fantasy/romance story set in the universe of Kubera, set around 150 years before the webcomic. It details the meeting and subsequent romance of a revenge-driven human named Ian and the immortal dragon Taksaka, the one she has sworn revenge against.
- The Finite Life of a Dating Sim Heroine, is an Gender Bender story about a boy who gets sent into a Dating Sim and forced into the body of the game's heroine.
- First: Do No Harm is a Web Serial Novel by Insanity Lord (Justin J. on Fictionpress). It follows the life of Chastity 'Vanilla' Jackson, a doctor and scientist in the 22nd Century, and the lives of her family and those close to her.
- Flesh And Blood is a Web Serial Novel and sequel to Under My Skin by A.E "Asynca" Dooland, once again focusing on Min Lee, a transgender artist, after she has quit her job and entered into a relationship with schoolgirl Bree Dejanovic. Both characters are faced with new issues that stem from their dysfunctional families.
- Flight of the Godkin Griffin was a serial novel by M.C.A. Hogarth that has been published as a duology, with an audio adaptation.
- Floating Point is a CyberPunk series taking place Inside a Computer System populated by sentient A.I., each living out the social patterns of The Internet... the good and the bad.
- The Flying Cloud, an alternate universe where World War 1 ended early and airships rule the skies.
- Forbidden Book is an Adenture/Fantasy Manga Story on Fictionpress. It focuses on an adolescent boy and his True Companions as he journeys through an unfamiliar land to find his way out of the book. All the while warding off the hostile creatures known as Bakemono sent to kill him. Complete with 22 chapters.
- A Frequent Travellers Guide To Jovan  is a political fantasy web serial by Senna Black featuring royal brothers Valentin, Deadpan Snarker and Magnificent Bastard and Cassius, Nice Guy and Oblivious Younger Sibling and their adventures in service of their niece, the Empress of Jovan.
- Frontier: A relatively new example. A science fiction story about Settling the Frontier.
- Galactic Crucibles is a Science Fiction Shared Universe with numerous authors. It consists mostly of a series of original short stories as well encylopedic-style articles for worldbuilding. It was originally part of the Spore Wiki Fiction Universe until it broke off and became its own thing.
- The Galactic Series is a Space Opera short-story series set in a pair of colliding galaxies. Whilst very human issues of war, politics and culture arise, humans themselves are oddly absent, barring the occasional mysterious occurrences of time travel and their parting gift of "the human database".
- The Gods Are Bastards is High Fantasy Western set at the end of the Age of Adventurers.
- The Good Witch: Initially started as a webcomic before switching over to written format, it tells the story of a young boy-turned-girl who receives incredible magic powers...and then starts using them to get revenge for all the wrongs done to him/her.
- Good Fae , a story about a member of the Italian Mafia. Oh, and he's also a medium who regularly works with and against fairies, ghosts, gods and monsters and is tasked with dealing with magical threats.
- Grandmaster of Theft is an Action Thriller / Mystery which features multiple volumes of story lines and overarching story starring 1st person Classy Cat-Burglar Cassidy Cain.
- The Graystone Saga is a High Fantasy story in which the narrator, a teenaged boy, unintentionally gets pulled into the crusade of Lady Gray, a woman on a quest to defeat twelve demons who escaped into the world more than a century previously.
- Guide To Moral Living In Examples , an ever-growing collection of short stories about the daily challenges of life, such as what to do if you are attacked by a six-foot bacteria or if the company that you're applying to has been infiltrated by Hideous Telepathic Space-faring Lizardmen in Mansuits.
- Guns, Swords and Steam
- Guts and Sass: An Anti Epic deconstructs many popular fantasy tropes, providing both parody and a serious exploration of being zapped to a Magical Land with feudal agriculturalist monarchy, semi-domesticated pastoralist, Proud Warrior Races, and hunter-gatherers.
- Hackett is a serial novel that details the adventures of an interdimensional taskforce that works for (and with) the titular Hackett.
- HALF Adventures , a comedy/Science Fantasy web serial about a young backwoods "Fuizan" recruited to work for the titular H.A.L.F. Technologies, a shadowy galactic Mega Corp. that hunts down magical artifacts (among many other questionable services and products).
- HIFIVE , a superhero serial novel about a group of teenage superheroes tasked with defending the planet after their parents leave earth to deal with an alien presence.
- Holly Woods , a serial novel about a young actress in Hollywood as she struggles to make it in show business and deals with romantic issues along the way.
- How To Survive A Zombie Apocalypse is a comedic parody depicting the usually grim Zombie Apocalypse scenario while following the train wreck of a group called the Anti-Zombie Squad, which tries nothing less that ending the After the End world of walking dead. Hilarity ensues.
- Ilivais X can be summed up as the tribulations of a slightly psychotic young woman and her Humongous Mecha, the titular Ilivais X.
- Imperial Dawn
- The Impossible Man is a comedy web novel also written by H-M Brown, about an Anime and Manga Store owner and the random antics he gets into.
- Industrial Zone
- Interviewing Leather is a short story about a freelance writer for a music magazine who is sent to interview a supervillain.
- John Dies at the End got started as a bunch of self-proclaimed "retarded horror stories" written as Halloween specials. However, it was taken offline when it was published in book form.
- Justice  is a web novel about a vigilante hyper-obsessed with justice and her move to a new city. There she meets a woman who lives in the sanitation fields and ends up staying with her. It's not a happy ending.
- Justice Squad was a Script Format series that followed the adventures of a team of superheroes as they attempted to save the world from all sorts of strange and kooky dangers.
- Ketrin is an ongoing story with many erotic elements about the eponymous Wild Child character and his friends' struggles against an evil entity. Updates are, by the author's own admission, insanely slow, partly due to the incessant encroachment of PlotTumors.
- Kindness From Strangers by Leradny; a series of generally unrelated short stories with five common themes.
- The Kingdoms of Evil, in which an Ordinary High-School Student finds out he's the Big Bad of a Crapsack World. Hilarity and Belligerent Sexual Tension ensue.
- Kat And Mouse Guns For Hire, It's 2042 in the California Free State metroplex of Bay City. Kat and Mouse are a pair of ronin—guns for hire—trying to eke out a living.
- Kinda Super Gay is Exactly What It Says on the Tin, a gay superhero comedy.
- Kira Is Justice is partially this, except the author is bad at updating in a frequent basis.
- Koan Of The Day is a collection of short flash fiction that tells the story of a guru, his philosophy school, his philosophy, and his friends, including a tortoise, a sunflower, the Goddess, and lovebug.
- The Last Angel follows the last Human Dreadnaught, Nemesis in her quest for vengeance against the alien empire that wiped out Human civilization.
- Last Mage is an Urban Fantasy story about Elijah Valentine's struggle to protect the Earth from forces Humans cannot comprehend.
- The Last Skull is a comic-book-inspired series featuring "teenaged superheroism, explosions and time-travel".
- Legends Now And Then A Web novel just starting, it's about a teenager accidently summoning three heroes from the past and the troubles they have to deal with in present time.
- Legion of Nothing is a web novel about the descendants of Golden Age superheroes who inherit their grandparents' powers and take on their costumed identities.
- Lovelace One Two is a serial about a boarding-school student who spontaneously develops Super Intelligence during her freshman year of high school.
- Lovers and Beloveds is a story following the young Prince Temmin as he leaves his childhood home for the courtly intrigues of the capital city. It started as the web serial An Intimate History Of The Greater Kingdom. The serial drew significant crowdfunding from the readership, and has been edited and published in paperback. It is MeiLin Miranda's first novel.
- Lyncia A high-fantasy tale of gods, death, pain, and adventure about Lyncia, a young princess trying to figure out her way in an increasingly twisted and complex world.
- Mage Life A story about the newly minted mage, Tristan, and his adventures after a cataclysmic event that devastated the fantasy world he lives in.
- Mabaka! Magic is for Idiots! follows the story of an amateur wizard who falls through a black hole-like transportation system, and winds up crashing into a girl's yard in the first dimension - Earth. Thing is, he's not strong enough to get back by himself, and that transport system only comes around once a year... Let's just say that he and the human girl end up living together for a while. Updates are freqeunt, but not following any kind of schedule. Found on FictionPress.
- Magical Girl Policy (MGP) follows Robert as he moves into Kesia City where he gets drafted by Fate into a squad of magical cheerleaders protecting the city from monsters.
- Magical Security Taskforce follows a group of high schoolers drafted into the titular peacekeeping organization. Written by Adam Pulver, also known for his anime/reality show spoofs and various Digimon fics, including the already-recced-on-this-site The Connection.
- The Man With The Terrible Eyes is a surreal horror series about a lowly office worker with inexplicably terrible eyes and how the background weirdness of his life slowly becomes more and more overwhelming.
- Many Words , extremely irregularly-updated (but getting better!), presently running an Alternate History 1920s globetrotting zeppelins-and-skypirates Nazi-punching Adventurer Archaeologist pulp story, Nathaniel Cannon and the Lost City of Pitu. The archive has a finished naval-war-in-space short and the presently-abandoned start to a longer fantasy story.
- Memory Of AUSOS  is a tale of mechs, gods, and love, taking place in a late Industrial Age island kingdom with a handful of dark secrets.
- Metafictionized Phlebotinum Poisoning
- Metamor Keep is a shared universe fantasy setting with several serialized short stories and novels by a number of different authors.
- Metamor City takes place in the same universe, and features short stories (and so far one novel, "Making the Cut") in its podcast tales.
- Metro City Chronicles focuses on the adventures of the superheroes of Metro City.
- Million To One takes places after the presumed apocalypse of December 21st, 2012. A group of teen survivors are teleported back to a week before and forced to fight to death by a sadistic entity called, God.
- Mind The Thorns  is an urban fantasy novel driven by reader input. Updated every Monday, it is written from the point of view of a newly made vampire, and accountant.
- Mirrorfall - a geeky urban fantasy series whose Playful Hacker main character who is more likely to sneak off and look at Tropes than do her Men in Black paperwork.
- Mix Beer With Liquor And You Will Get Sicker - A character driven romance between a dysfunctional pair of men in a victorian esque setting.
- Mother of Learning is a fantasy story of a mage-in-training caught up in a month-long "Groundhog Day" Loop.
- My Little Pony Chronicles is this. It updates somewhat sporadically. Is essentially an Adaptation Expansion of the 80s My Little Pony cartoons.
- Mysterious Ways A Divine Comedy - an absurdist, comedic and philosophical furry fantasy + science fiction story centering around the interactions of magic, modern culture, religion, and technology in the world of Alicrow.
- The Mystery Sphere - a strange but interesting story about a pirate accused of the theft of a nobleman's dragon.
- Mahou Shoujo The Glowing- a magical girl story written in prose, somewhat inspired by Puella Magi Madoka Magica.
- @NeverwhenGov - a story in the form of a twitter account detailing the life in Neverwhen, Nova Scotia; The Town of Lost Things.
- The New World
- Nocte Yin is about a fairly normal girl who is expected to carry on the Family Business ï¿½ being evil. She really doesnï¿½t want to, but circumstances force her hand sometimes. Can be found here.
- Nonpachyderm is a recently started web novel about a man and a young girl in his protection, set in a world a few generations post-global warming. Updates weekly at Nonpachyderm..
- Nowhere Island University is a story exploring the lives of unpowered Mooks and their training in a super hero world. Told from the perspective of Nathan Jacobs, it shows just how deadly life can be. Updates every Wednesday here.
- Of Fear and Faith, a book exploring the themes of fear, faith and the darkness of the human soul through the use of anthropomorphic animals.
- OH GOD THE RAPTURE IS BURNING, based on The Fear Mythos, is a four-act epic that blends prose with a stream-of-consciousness journal style making it seem more like Twitter. It's an Alternate History tale of Rapture actually coming on October 21st, 2011.
- Okadu Realm is an interesting collection of stories about a collection of characters in the Okadu Realm, a fantasy serial novel on DeviantArt. Interesting from the fact that the high level of well written description is perfectly fitting and some pieces are inspired by pictures from the site, whole chapters practically written based on one image.
- Oktober updates weekly on Fridays; hasn't missed an update yet. Each chapter is told four different times, once from each character's perspective. It follows the adventures of a journalist, a rock star, a hunter, and an assassin as they drive across the US, and has a feel of an American-road-trip novel mixed with House of Leaves.
- The Once And Future Nerd is a radio play about four high school students sucked into a magical world.
- The Other Kind Of Roommate: When the wrong address starts a superpowered recluse running for his life again, the voice in his head drags him into a second nightmare: saving a chatty artist.
- Outta Time
- Paladin Academy: A Dungeons & Dragons inspired story on the Giant In The Playground forums.
- Several books in the Paradox setting by M.C.A. Hogarth were serialized on the web. Most recently was Earthrise.
- Pact, a horror story about a young man who inherits an infernal debt from his dead grandmother, is the second serial by Wildbow, author of Worm.
- Patchwork Champions, a Super Hero story, was a webcomic for two-and-a-half years and continues to this day as one of these.
- Pay Me, Bug!: The Caper in space, "...featuring cunning smugglers, star-spanning empires, cheerful amorality, evil cyborg slavers, and a hyperintelligent bug."
- Phaeton is a web novel about child superheroes set in an alternate reality where just about anything can happen, it sounds like something you've scene on television already, but this can actually get interesting.
- Phantalleum is a web serial novel series being a spiritual successor of Chaos Fighters.
- The Philosophical Significance of Soda Bubbles is a web novel which begins as a coming of age story and before Deus ex Machina-ing into a science fiction satire on philosophy, revolving around a group of immortals confused by whether they are gods or scientific flukes, searching dysfunctionally for a messiah.
- Playing for Keeps  was also a podcast novel/comic book before getting published.
- Play Places is a story about future Earth where everyone lives inside a digital world, the genetically-modified Kems follow their Chosen Onenote , and Central Ai-Eye provides addictive games to lull the people.
- Podiobooks is a treasure trove for this kind of novel.
- The Power of Darkness
- Project NRI is an illustrated novel uploaded by chapter on Tumblr. Exactly 10 print versions of the prologue and Chapters 1 and 2 also exist.
- Protect And Serve '' is a science-fiction mystery story with Noir influences. It follows a detective in a dystopian police force, investigating the murder of a major crime lord by rail-gun.
- Pyrrhic is an epic thriller/supernatural novel inspired by Battle Royale that follows a group of students as they're kidnapped by a terrorist organization that intends to use them for their own ends.
- Ra is about magic as physics, starring a very capable young thaumic engineer named Laura Ferno.
- Raising Angels is story about a girl who meets a dragon in dream, who succinctly offers to make her an angel.
- Rasa is an epic fantasy set in a world where the soul manifests outside the body.
- Raya is a Magical Girl Warrior novel.
- The Red And The Rest is a deconstruction of the Red Shirt Army and Action Tropes in general.
- Registry of Time is a series of sci-fi stories set in The Future, exploring the various cultures and technology the universe has to offer.
- Relativity is a series about a team of superheroes. They don't have super powers and rely mainly on detective work to solve crimes, but the focus of the series is their out-of-costume ("civilian") lives.
- RoTeO is a series about an angel and a demon/devil who fight crime while doing the Masquerade.
- Rumor's Block is a series about an ex-super hero in charge of a support group for young heroes thinking about quitting.
- Rune Breaker is the ongoing tale of a ex-slave unwillingly given control of an ancient, evil wizard.
- Sacreya's Legacy is a completed web serial about a zombie private detective whose case forces him to return to the doomed city he came from.
- Sadira is a completed web serial, published in the late 1990's.
- The Saga of Tuck has been running since 1997, and currently comprises 142 chapters and a bit more than a year of in-story time, not to mention an Alternate Universe side story.
- Saga Of Soul tells the story of Eriko, an intellectual Magical Girl who tries to protect Earth from various threats waging a war over multiple universes. It is a Reconstruction of the Magical Girl genre, and the rules of magic are consistent and well understood.
- The Saints The plot follows The Saints, a coven that uses their supernatural abilities to commit crimes.
- Sapphire in Two Words: Espionage Fantasy.
- Schrodingers Cat is a web serial that updates daily about teenagers who are trying to save the world and stop the Heisman Technological Initiative before supernatural aliens kill them, or Dr. Heisman finds out they are still alive. 
- Shadow of the Templar
- Shadows Of The Limelight by Alexander Wales.
- Sherwood Forest
- The Sick Land: an Apocalyptic Log written by a researcher stationed on the outskirts of an Eldritch Location.
- Silicon Wolfpack is an Urban Fantasy story about a werewolf, a Nice Guy, and a Grey Hat Hacker being chased by Mooks and The Hunter. Can be found here.
- Sins Of The Fathers  is a superhero serial focusing on the legacies of famous heroes and villains.
- Skyway Mechanix A web serial about an ex-mob hit-girl and her robot partner making a living as heroes-for-hire in Minnesota. Running since 2009.
- The Slave Breakers is a long-running series of erotica novels and stories about a dysfunctional family that trains and sells slaves in a world where slavery is an acceptable means to control poverty. Despite the premise, it's very fluffy for its genre. Can be found here.
- Small Problem is a blog written by a woman six-and-a-half inches tall.
- The Solstice War is a web serial about an alternate fantasy world having its own World War II, with equipment and tactics paralleled. Viewed primarily through the eyes of a Hindu-African mélange Soviet Union. Makes for a challenging read, but very worthwhile and pretty unique. You can find it here.
- SPARK Of Tyranny is a Space Opera featuring an Anti-Hero Captain and his Ragtag Bunch of Misfits struggling against the behind-the-scenes machinations of the Kilon Federation, which has created a Vichy Earth.
- Spectral Shadows is a web serial started by Furry author Perri Rhoades. The story follows the adventures of Jon and Rael, two anthropomorphic deer that travel space and time and take on different forms, and their human friend Christine James. Contains Sci-Fi, Fantasy, and Loads and Loads of Characters.
- The Spore Wiki Fiction Universe is a Shared Universe that grew out of fan fiction on the wikia for the video game Spore.
- Spots The Space Marine was originally a web serial by M.C.A. Hogarth in a screenplay format.
- Starwalker is a web serial novel about an experimental AI ship and her adventures.
- Statless And Tactless is a serial story of a dysfunctional group of roleplayers slogging through a Steam Punk campaign.
- Stone Burners: A girl wakes up in a dark, damp, dirty alley way, with no recollection of her past.
- Stone Soul  is a high-fantasy serial written similarly to the print fantasy serials of yesteryear.
- Storybros Magically Lewd Sleepover Adventure
- Summer Camp '' is a series of very long novel-length erotica/Coming of Age stories, initially set at a nudist camp. The story is compelling enough that, during my Archive Binge, I ended up skipping most of the sex scenes, or at least just skimming them quickly to check for plot points.
- Super , a serialized novel following several Differently Powered Individuals Not Wearing Tights as they try to save the world, as well as find a place in it.
- Super Powereds: A planned four-book collection (currently two-and-a-half) with an interesting twist about the standard superhero coming-of-age theme. It is about five Supers who were previously Powereds, beings unable to control their abilities, but who now can, and are training to become official Heros.
- Super Stories is a new series about superpowered people trying to leave their mark on the world.
- Tales of Aquila This story is about different groups of academy students who use the power of nuclear energy manipulation to overcome various challenges that threaten the national securities of their respective nations. The current main character, Roy, has to work with a special team known as SODA, as well as his dead sister, to recover three missing students from a distant land.
- Tales of MU
- Tales Of Wyre is a fantasy epic based on the author's Dungeons & Dragons campaign.
- Tasakeru, a serial novel series using warring humanoid animals as allegories for human conflicts. It's described as "Redwall for teens and young adults."
- Tales Of The Big Bad Wolf is an example of a Fairy Tale and Fantasy trope mixed together using the Red Riding Hood story as the entryway into a larger number of other stories.
- Tattúínárdǿla saga is Star Wars retold as an Icelandic saga.
- Team Omega is a superhero universe focusing, on one hand, on the eponymous Cape Busters and, on the other, on an independent superhero whose deposing of the Congo's warlords sets a dangerous new precedent.
- Tech Infantry, an earlier project involving the author of Associated Space, a collaborative series of stories by multiple authors set in a future world that combines elements of the Old World of Darkness and Starship Troopers.
- Teds Caving Page was presented as a spelunker's series of journal entries revolving around a mysterious cave and a creature inside (the actual cave being "Freeway Cave", as the author originally discusses here and is reposted here. The original story is intentionally left unfinished, leaving the reader to draw his or her own conclusions. The story was later used for Thomas Lera's short story "The Fear of Darkness", a backdated hoax that attempts to explain all of the supernatural elements of Ted's story with an added chapter.
- Templeton Barliman is a semi-post-apocalyptic  for the titular character.
- Theatrica was a serial novel focused on a man adapting to life in a City in a Bottle. No longer online.
- The Champions is a superhero serial about a team of superheroes in both their public and private lives. It's currently just under a year old, at over 100 chapters.
- The Tales Of Paul Twister:
- The Lay of Paul Twister: A snarky college kid from Earth ends up stuck in a magical world, and finds that he can break magic by touch. Unfortunately, with no useful skills that are really applicable to a pre-technological society, all he has going for him is his power, which, as he finds out, is most usefully employed as a thief-for-hire, breaking magical wards that protect valuable items.
- The Fate Of Paul Twister is the sequel, continuing Paul's story after the events of the first book.
- And the third: The Return Of Paul Twister. I think I see a pattern...
- Three To One Ratio by Half Demon Cali, a supernatural genre written-out graphic novel about a ghost who is given six months to survive on Earth while wearing a human skin and living with a Tsundere martial arts girl.
- The Are No Heroes  is one of the up-and-coming superhe-, well, superhuman serials. Regular and somewhat starved for readership and comments, it's rated as "pretty good, I guess. What are we talking about, again?"
- Three Worlds Collide by Eliezer Yudkowsky is a science-fiction First Contact story concerning the ethics of deals with aliens of very different morality.
- Time Reaper by James Dusenbery is a fantasy story involving a young man that is summoned after his death to reap unwilling souls for a group called the Ankou.
- Tokyo Demons is a prose serial in Japanese light novel style focusing on superpowered youths getting deeply involved in an underground gang war. Serialized in Sparkler Monthly.
- Tree Tops , a Xenofiction story about a group of diminutive aliens living in an oak tree.
- Trinton Chronicles, a Urban Fantasy series compiled from the message board RPG of the same name over 10+ years.
- Twig, a story by wildbow about a group of four tweens who hunt Mad Scientists and their creations for an Academy set in an alternate early 20th Century.
- Twisted Cogs is a story set during the Renaissance with a twist. The narrative follows a young woman named Elena as she moves away from home to become an artist. However, as it is wont, the world has more in store for her than just paintbrushes and canvas.
- Under My Skin, a spinoff of author Asynca's Tomb Raider fanfic The Dreaming, featuring the original supporting characters Min Lee and Bree Dejanovic. Taking place about a year before the events of The Dreaming, Under My Skin focuses on Min as she struggles with her job, her gender identity and the surprisingly persistent attentions of a certain cheerful schoolgirl.
- Ultimate Sleepwalker: The New Dreams and Ultimate Spider-Woman: Change With The Light are both based on comic book characters, but since the author isn't good at drawing, they're in prose serial format instead.
- Unlikely Eden is a weekly-updated web serial told from the alternating points of view of two 10-year-old girls. The story begins with the destruction of the girls' home, which forces them to escape into the surrounding area. They immediately run afoul of the residents of a small outpost and, through fortunate coincidence, encounter a crotchety old trucker and his teenage ward, who become their only friends besides each other. Throughout the course of the story, they gradually begin to learn the complicated sequence of events that led to the destruction of their home. From prophecies to roller skates to robot teddy bears, there's never a dull moment.
- Welcome To Omega:
- When The Hunting Party Came: Superhero Series about the aftermath of several teens being kidnapped and given powers.
- Why Polly?: Polly, while impersonating the princess, is kidnapped by an enchanter and his trainee and taken far, far away from her home—where she meets the very princess she was impersonating. It is revealed that they all are being threatened by a malevolent magical being known as a jadess. Can she get along with the arrogant enchanter long enough to figure out how to survive with a jadess after them? And why does the jadess want Polly? (First serialized on WordPress in 2011, now being re-edited and updated.)
- Wingspan: Based on the "Chaotic Good angels fall" theme with a twist; did you know the Christian idea of redemption had Power Perversion Potential?
- The Withering Sword: An Epic Fantasy novel about the downfall of an empire loosely based on the empires of Imperial China. Updated weekly.
- The longer Whateley Universe stories would qualify if anyone cared to run them through a word-counter. ("Ayla and the Tests" is longer than six of the seven Harry Potter novels.) Further, in a sense, the stories make up a single multi-author work, with many stories covering the same events from different points of view.
- Wonder City Stories is an story focusing on the lives of the super powered residents of Wonder City, with a focus on gender, race and sexuality issues.
- World Domination In Retrospect is a story about the Powered Armour-clad supervillain PsychoGecko and his insane crimes.
- Worm is a finished web novel about a girl with superpowers that let her control bugs who wants to be a superhero and becomes embroiled in local cape politics. It currently stands at over one-and-a-half million words and thirty-one arcs, plus the occasional bonus chapter.
- you could make a life started as a short story about a Queer Romance between two Canadian NHL rookies and has since then expanded to a 11-chapter story and an entire universe consisting of multi-chaptered stories for at least six other gay NHL couples with a good amount of crossover happening between them.