Literature / Stone Burners
In a dark, damp and dirty alleyway, a girl wakes up. Bereft of her memories and saddled with a unfamiliar body that brings along stigma, she has to relearn to live in world filled with metahumans and prejudice. Along the way she makes both friends and enemies. In the process creating a home and a team, nearly a family for herself. Did we mention that she's part dragon and generally adorkable?Stone Burners
updates weekly. Mostly on Mondays.
This series provides examples of:
- Alliterative Name: Freedom Fighter and his organisation, the Freedom Fighters.
- Broken Bird: Miya has shades of this, considering what Overlord had done.
- Blow You Away: Cyrus's powers.
- Differently Powered Individual: Both metahuman, superhuman and parahuman shows up.
- Fantastic Racism: Olivia has to deal with quite a bit of this due to the fact that she's a Feral.
- Fights Like a Normal: A number of characters without abilities that lead themselves to direct combat.
- Gentle Giant: Olivia is a quiet, meek girl ... who happens to be about seven feet tall plus wings and tail, and strong enough to break down a metal door with one hit.
- Good Thing You Can Heal: Olivia have been shot, pummeled, thrown through a wall and suffered through broken bones. She got better.
- Hero's First Rescue: The first time Olivia comes across a thug mugging a woman in a shady part of town, she doesn't even hesitate before leaping to rescue her.
- Humanoid Abomination: John Doe. He's harder to make out the more you concentrate on him, he's vaguely humanoid and his powers are a mix of Perception Filter and Mind Rape.
- Mind Screw: John Doe does this to the main cast
- Monster Modesty: Despite being a two meter tall dragon girl, one of the first points on Olivia's agenda after she regains consciousness is to find clothing.
- Our Dragons Are Different: Olivia is almost an exact copy of a dragon, however she's missing the fire breathing.
- Quest for Identity: The story starts in dark alley with the protagonist having no memory of her circumstance.
- Roaring Rampage of Revenge: Olivia leaves a pretty impressive trail of destruction during one of these.
- Trauma-Induced Amnesia: Implied, when the protagonist meets a metahuman capable of experiencing his foes pasts.
- Younger Than They Look: The protagonists discover that Olivia is much younger than expected while dealing with John Doe.