Literature: Beyond Logic
"What you are about to experience is surreal. A moment in time and space that transcends past your comprehension. Where the fallacy of your imagination are unbounded by the limitation of your reality. Release your mind, and see all things… Beyond Logic."Beyond Logic is a series of Speculative Fiction Short Story Web Originals written by H-M Brown. The format follows the precedent set by other anthology series like The Twilight Zone and The Outer Limits (1963) in presenting stories of the unknown and fantastical. Each short story presents people in such strange scenarios and settings that its own opening requires a Suspension of Disbelief.The Jury of My Peers follows the trial of Mr. Johnson in a dystopian future.A Matter of Time follows a young woman named Lyndsey, who made a wish to accomplish a difficult task.
"Here there be spoilers!"
Beyond Logic contains examples of:
- Be Careful What You Wish For — Happens to Lindsey in A Matter of Time.
- Dystopian Edict — In The Jury of my Peers, at first the laws that are presented in the beginning are cliché until the end when we learn the laws in the future were cranked to 11.
- Follow the Leader — Brown admitted in his Facebook page that Beyond Logic was directly influenced by The Twilight Zone and The Outer Limits (1963), and acknowledged that his series would never achieve the level both series accomplished. However, his hope for Beyond Logic is that it is accomplished on its own merits.
- "Groundhog Day" Loop — In A Matter of Time.
- Twist Ending — It, too, happens in A Matter of Time.