Literature: Super Stories
Super Stories is described as "a series of interlinked stories about superpowered individuals trying to make their way in the world". So far, complete stories include Veldron's Saga, the story of a less-than-successful supervillain trying to get 'back in the game' after a prison escape, and Helaron's Saga, by a once-glorious heroine who is getting too old and jaded to keep saving the world.Super Stories can be followed on livejournal or deviantart.
This story provides examples of:
- Agony Beam: Veldron's preferred weapon is basically a miniaturised, wrist-mounted Active Denial System.
- Brother-Sister Team: Polaron and Star Fyre
- Cardboard Prison: Regularly breaking out is considered a standard PR strategy among supervillains who have the knack for it.
- EMP: Polaron's superpower is to generate these.
- Explosive Leash: Averted. Veldron says that people have tried to fit him with explosive collars before, but nobody bothers any more; he's never seen a bomb he couldn't disable with a knife and a mirror.
- Good Thing You Can Heal: Veldron's regeneration ability.
- Idiot Ball: If you were going to design a ray weapon with a distant dependent effect and your entire body except for one part of your palm was immune to it, would you design it so that it had to be held in that palm to work? Veldron would.
- Mineral MacGuffin: The Trabethan Jewel. Everyone wants it for different things, but it's always in demand. It's constantly being cycled through failed doomsday machines and spends most of its time in police evidence lockers.
- Musical Assassin: The Host.
- Strapped to an Operating Table: The Ultimate Justice Squad do this.
- Super Hero and Super Villain: Most of the cast. Some more successfully than others.
- Unobtanium: Electronium