was a Web Serial Novel
, concerning the misadventures of Magnificent Bastard
Arthur, struggling to get by in the City in a Bottle
world of Theatrica - a city composed of Crazy Awesome
individuals turned Deadly Decadent Court
through years of isolation.
The original site was here
, but the novel has since been removed from the internet.
Provides examples of:
- Abusive Parents: Arthur's folks - for what little we know, one's dead through alcoholism, the other is in prison.
- The Alcoholic: Arthur's mother, Roland (who piled bottles of spirit into his backpack), Dr Wynwise and Mary.
- Angst: A common problem.
- Beware the Nice Ones: Arthur.
- Black Best Friend: Vivian to Howldon (although Howldon is the lesser character).
- Bring My Brown Pants: Seen at the Tribunal at the Garages.
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander: The Theatricans as a race of people. Most of the characters are in some way eccentric, some entirely mad.
- Creepy Uncle: Scriptor Hile, who is also something of an Evil Uncle and a Pedophile Priest.
- Cyber Punk: The techno rave, in a converted cathedral; the vendors, the Wire King.
- Dark and Troubled Past: Arthur, Dr Wynwise, Tiffany, Howldon... you're odd if you're normal.
- Dead Person Conversation: Arthur and his brother Sam.
- Drowning My Sorrows: Arthur, Mary, Dr Wynwise, Vivian, and Howldon (with other narcotics).
- The Fundamentalist: The Theatricans qualify as a whole (but within their society, the Devouts are worse.)
- Hangover Sensitivity: The morning after the rave, Dr. Wynwise and Mary.
- Hidden Elf Village: Theatrica, which is a walled-off city the size of a country.
- Intoxication Ensues: Arthur's experience at the rave.
- Looks Like Orlok: Arthur's uncle.
- Love Hurts
- Love Makes You Evil
- Manipulative Bastard: Arthur.
- The Older Immortal: Professor Swift is almost 80 but looks like he's in his late 30s, whereas Shirley is 8000 years old and still going.
- Police Brutality: The wardens, especially Mr. Bleakley.
- Social Darwinist
- Spirit Advisor: Sam (though could be a hallucination).
- Wholesome Crossdresser: Vivian.