Literature / Saga Of The People Of Tattuin River Valley
The Saga of the People of Tattúín River Valley (or Tattúínárdǿla saga in the original Old Norse
) is the story of Star Wars
, retold as an Icelandic saga
. It can be read at 
, both in old Norse and in the english back-translation.
Tropes found in Tattúínárdǿla saga include:
- Alternate History: Used as a part of the Framing Device for the story, in the acompanying blog's history this saga has been well known to the serious Germanic scholars, with George Lucas purpotedly using a medeival German version as a basis for his telling.
- Fantasy Counterpart Culture: Inverted, in that the fantasy cultures of Star Wars are mapped to real-world cultures. For example, Tsuibakka/Chewbacca is a frisian (which explain his unability to speak a common language). In an interesting twist, Nǫbu and Þíðborg are actually two different cultures entirely, the first being a river in Iceland, neighbouring the Tattúin river, and the other being a town in Ireland.
- The Dog Shot First: The "Han shot first" controversy is discussed in this story. Hani agrees to an axe-throwing Showdown at High Noon with Grído, only to win by cheating and throwing his axe first.
- Take That, Scrappy!: Jarjari appears in only one scene, beating up Anakinn in a wrestling match (taking place of the podrace) and getting killed by him in turn
- Un Installment: Chapters 37 to 41, which should cover the attack on the Daudstjarna/Death Star, battle for Hoth and Lúkr's training with Jóði/Yoda, are missing, to simulate an actual experience of a discovered 1000-year-old manuscript