Literature / How to Avoid Death on a Daily Basis
is a Web Serial Novel
. It is a fantasy comedy starring everyone's favorite Sociopathic Hero
Colin. For reasons unknown, he is transported to a Fantasy World. Unfortunately, there is no great destiny and he is not the savior. The group he was transported with are some of the biggest rejects you could imagine in a fantasy world. Hilarity Ensues
- All Men Are Rapists: The majority of male characters are this. Tin, Dag, Mouse Warriors, the Farmer's kids...
- Amazon Brigade: Welcome to Requbar and introducing The QUEENS GUARD!!!
- Black and Nerdy: Maurice full stop, whenever Colin isn't making some sort of reference he is. He even had a Batman made!
- Black Widow: What Roona aims to be.
- Cast from Lifespan: Magic seems to be fueled by life energy and every time Colin heals life-threatening wounds it'll age him up
- Embarrassing Nickname: Enter the Losers
- First-Person Smartass: The story is told from the perspective of The Cynic, Nominal Hero at best, Sociopathic Hero at worse, Loser Protagonist. Did you really expect anything else?
- "Groundhog Day" Loop: Colin enters one at the beginning of the Nekromel arc, but finds out the hard way it resets on death and sends him back to when he first entered Nekromel.
- He's not the only one in a time loop in Nekromel, so is Yuqi
- Healing Hands: Colin's most used form of magic, which has saved him and his companions several times.
- Hilarity Ensues: Colin is dropped in a fantasy world filled with terribly incompetent companions, monsters around every corner, and a bunch of sexual jokes everywhere. He starts out thinking it is a game (it's not).
- Ho Yay: How a troll sees Colin's relationship with Dudley. Colin doesn't find it amusing
- I Am Spartacus: The Losers pull one of these so Colin won't get taken alone. Colin doesn't appreciate the way they do it.
- Innocent Innuendo: The story is chock full of this especially with Princess Laney.
- Intimate Healing: When a girl gets stabbed in the pussy and you can only heal with your hands it's going to get a little heavy
- Nominal Hero: Colin would gladly leave the whole world alone, if only it would leave him alone.
- Ragtag Bunch of Misfits: The group the story follows
- Refuse The Call: Colin tries to do this a number of times. Me no go but...
- The Call Knows Where You Live: Despite every refusal Colin still finds himself embroiled in danger
- Too Incompetent to Operate a Blanket: The reason why the Losers group was made was due to this trope. Colin sees all of them as terribly incompetent to start the series. They do get better but not much. If Colin is not around they return to form.
- Ungrateful Bastard: Plural. No matter how much Colin does for the Losers this is their Modus Operandi. So much so the readers joke/complain constantly about it. Colin also addresses it in his Sea of Ingrates naming.
- Violently Protective Girlfriend: A case can be made for most of the female cast. Special mention to Laney who guards wouldn't even mess with the guy that might be her boyfriend and Jenny who beat the shit out of a girl for cuddling with her beau