"The sword of the paladin is not a weapon, but a tool. A tool for them to use to protect the innocent and pass justice onto the wicked."Paladin Academy: A Playground-Inspired Story is a Web Serial Novel written by Silverraptor on the GiantITP Forums. Originally a story about some of Silverraptor's friends as newbies in a school of Paladins, it has expanded to include a grand cast of... well, perhaps a dozen.The first arc involved an invasion from the Legions of Hell and a traitorous Senior Paladin attempting to slay our heroes, Viola and Kurama. Unsurprisingly, they survived. He didn't.It can be read in this thread on the forums.
— Blue Ghost, Chapter 4
- All There in the Manual: There is a list of posters and their "characters" including ones who have yet to appear.
- Calling Your Attacks: The paladin's powers, although this seems to be optional since they pick the names themselves.
- Dark Is Not Evil: Grim. It is implied that while he was still Jerkass whilst a paladin, he was not evil.
- From Nobody to Nightmare: Grim: from ordinary kid to first Blackguard and nearly destroyer of paladin order, to be specific.
- Gilligan Cut: Bis suggests Nil is messing about with Mordakai's chair when the later's been left in charge. Cut to Nil spinning around in the chair while speaking to Blue.
- Mutual Kill: Grim and Viola seemingly do this, but one part later it is revealed that Viola survived after all.Grim bit it for real, though.
- Nigh-Invulnerability: Mangosta has this, as he just will not stay dead, no matter what. Even Grim does not know what it would take to kill him.
- Nothing Can Stop Us Now!: Or so Grim thinks when night falls, amplifying his power to even greater heights. He is proven wrong
- Not Quite Dead: The heroes shatter Mangosta to pieces. He is very much not dead.
- The Starscream: It is implied that Grim would have eventually turned against Mangosta, having his own plan to cut the demons loose after they had served their purpose.
- Suicide Mission: A 14-year old girl invading hell alone? Yeah, that qualifies.
- Voluntary Shapeshifting: Jesse's Power is to partially become a dragon.
- Your Days Are Numbered: At least according to Recaiden they are if you end up on his hit list. Bonus points for explaining the manner of victim's death in detail beforehand, too.