Literature: Raising Angels
Angels and Telepaths, what could possibly go wrong?A young girl meets an immortal dragon in a dream and he offers to make her an angel. Ten years later she attends college backed by a mysterious organization with way too much money and surrounded by individuals determined to achieve membership. Meanwhile she is desperate for friendship and is willing to cling onto and protect it jealously no matter the cost. What the hell is she going to do when these two sides of her life meet, and why won’t the government just leave her alone.Raising AngelsUpdates Mondays and Fridays.
This work includes examples of:
- Always Identical Twins: Seth and Lance.
- A Mind Is a Terrible Thing to Read: All rooms in Mind Hall are singles and the room doors come standard with a very hardy lock. Being capable of reading the minds of man is apparently not conductive to a good nights sleep. Telepaths are stated to be a paranoid lot.
- Asexual: Meyer Lansky mentions being this.
- Bag of Holding: The Main Character possess a copper bracelet which she uses as a handbag, with all the things that go in one of those.
- Bi the Way: Lisbeth, whose comments make its clear that she slept with he twins (in the dream world anyway) and whose current girlfriend is Nerissa.
- Blow You Away: The twins.
- Bodyguard Babes: The twins are a male example. Toting them around at parties makes the little Dream Walker a fancy girl.
- Do Not Taunt Cthulhu: Lisbeth's dad taught her to "Always be polite to things that might decide to eat you".
- Dream Walker: Lisbeth is this.
- Empath: Most of Mind Hall's residents who aren't telepaths are this.
- Mind Probe: Telepaths, Empaths, and other assorted mind readers reside in Mind Hall, on campus, where the walls are treated with a special coating to insure that everyone get to keep their thoughts for themselves.
- Pocket Dimension: Lisbeth have one of these in her possession, so far we have only seen her use it as her bedroom.
- Pyrokinesis: Shelby.
- Our Angels Are Different: Skinning people alive definitely isn't part of the usual angelic occupations.
- Our Dragons Are Different: Ever heard of a Dragon turning someone into an angel after invading their dream?
- Shameless Fanservice Girl: Lisbeth, very much so.
- Telepathy: Everyone in Mind Hall, well, almost everyone.
- The Unpronounceable: After the dragon utters his true name, Lisbeth realises that she will never be able to repeat it herself.
- Twin Threesome : Lisbeth mentions at one point having spent a year "experimenting" with Seth and Lance; Charis eventually did too.
- What Could Possibly Go Wrong?: Invoked intentionally by the author in the story's tagline, as seen above.