Website: Becoming a better writer
"Exploiting werewolf law in a life or death situation against opponents with everything to gain." He chuckled and offered his hand, "I'm in."A website showcasing the work of an amateur New Zealand writer, attempting to learn by doing.There are two Novels on the website at the moment; serializing daily, plus a Twitterbook also serializing daily.
- The Wolf's Will: A newspaper editor attempts to exploit werewolf law for profit; he knows what he's letting himself in for, his traveling companions really don't.
- Demonic Symphony: Two under-prepared Demon Hunters find themselves way in over their heads; many ugly cars are wrecked.
- The ongoing adventures of Ulysses Perhero: A casual Twitterbook about a Heroic Comedic Sociopath
This show provides examples of:
- Against My Religion - A man tries to avoid giving Ulysses information this way; it doesn't go well
- Bystander Syndrome - The attitude of the general population towards demons in Demonic Symphony, and oh boy does it backfire.
- Demon Slaying, Must be the entire point of Demonic Symphony
- Enthusiasm vs. Stoicism - It definitely wouldn't stretch credibility to see this as the relationship between Greg and Tony Tony. Look at the start of this scene to see what I mean.
- Emotions vs. Stoicism - Word of God has it that this was originally meant to be the point of The Wolf's Will; unfortunately they lose their stoic after the first chapter
- And find a better stoic
- Granola Girl - Christine has touches of this.
- Our Demons Are Different - In Demonic Symphony, the demons are the embodiments of emotional energy projected on the world.
- In theory, this means that there should be demons for other strong emotions such as love, but this isn't really touched on during the book.
- NaNoWriMo - The Wolf's Will was written as part of this
- Significant Anagram - Mr. Ian Woon is an anagram of NaNoWriMo, this also counts as a Shout-Out
- Sky Surfing - Used in The Wolf's Will for the Wind Surfers
- Steven Ulysses Perhero - Naturally, Ulysses Perhero.
- The Stoic - Greg has his moments of stoicism, but he has absolutely nothing on Free Flower, or on Beatrice from Demonic Symphony.
- Word of God has it that the last two are actually incapable of feeling emotion
- The Stoner - Mr. Ian Woon again; a flying surfboard riding hippy.
- Taught by Experience - Given as a reason for Derek's continued survival