A trend in Web Original
series. The series is presented as a video blog
(vlog) by a fictional character existing within the series, or as the vlogs of several characters. A subtrope of Character Blog
The Vlog Series comes in two flavours: the more-or-less realistic variety, which is filmed using webcams and presented as entirely in-universe, as though it is really happening
; and the traditional camera variety, which alternates between webcams and more conventional TV camera styles.
open/close all folders
- Irish tv series Dan and Becs and its sequel series Sarah and Steve were both shot in the form of first person diaries, cutting between their different tellings of the same events. It's never quite made clear whether or not they post the diaries on-line.
- Four Blokes Without Telly
- The Guild
- Furry Ackermonster's Vlogs on Transylvania Television's website.
- Doctor Horribles Sing Along Blog, mostly, but some parts are shot as in-universe blog. And the listeners turn out to include the Villain Protagonist's arch enemy Captain Hammer and the LAPD.
- Sofia's Diary.
- The Secret World of Sam King.
- LG 15 The Last
- Laci Green
- DownStairsGuys, which started out as more In-Universe, but drifted to Traditional Camera, almost to the point of seeming unrealistic in a few situations. Produced by Iron Sink Media.
- UpStairsGirls (See description for Down Stairs Guys).
- The Gay Comic Geek's, alternate YouTube channel, Gay Geeky Vlogs, where Paul Staffelbach answers questions from fans and discusses things unrelated to comics. The vlog series of his various Con trips are usually found here, as well.
- Tree Fog
- Demyx Time
- Tobuscus' Lazy Vlog series, which although not fictional, frequently addresses the audience as a character as well as a (presumably) fictitious assistant.
- The Otaku Ascended: Can be found here. They are a pair of nerds who watch anime and My Little Pony adaptations.
- Glove and Boots: Vlog series about two puppets who deal with various issues in pop culture, from Doctor Who to the Zombie Apocalypse.