Definitely not for kids.Transylvania TV
is a Web original Retro Monster Comedy Puppet Show that is not for kids. Described by one of the creators as the illegitimate child of The Munsters
and Avenue Q
, it stars the dysfunctional crew of a television station in Transylvania.
The main characters are:
- Count LeShoc: The Nosferatu station head.
- Batfink: LeShoc's assistant, a beatnik bat.
- Dwayne Frankenstein: The janitor
- Artie Leech: The Accountant
- Furry J. Ackermonster: The yeti intern from the USA.
- And many other supporting characters.
Upon his arrival in the station, Furry makes some modifications to the Frankenstein Device
and resurrects several old television shows—making way for parodies galore.
The show is well made and has probably the best production values out of any online show, but suffers from the episodes being very, very very
short. This can be particularly jarring due to how many names you see on the credits.
The episodes vary among showing station antics, the in-universe television shows, and Furry's Vlog series. It is well into its second season and is planning a public access Halloween special. Can be viewed here.
The series was hosted on That Guy with the Glasses
from 2010-2011, but left to pursue other ventures.
Contains Examples of:
- Bigfoot, Sasquatch and Yeti - Furry Ackermonster. Notable in that he's orange.
- Black Comedy Rape - Furry's script in episode 11 is about Batfink getting raped.
- Dysfunction Junction
- Fantastic Comedy - ...look at the premise.
- Fantastic Racism - There's an entire episode with Furry explaining various yeti stereotypes. And another where he gets angry about people perpetuating them.
- Don't forget those dug-ups
- The Internet Is for Porn - LeShoc, upon getting the internet for the first time, discovers this...
- Looks Like Orlok - In universe, LeShoc was the inspiration for Orlok from Nosferatu, so...
- Mundane Fantastic - they are most definitely Hammer Horror style monsters, but even more...they're just people.
- Muppets - this is the style of the puppets. The content, though...
- Shout Out — Furry J. Ackermonster is a Shout Out to Forry Ackerman.
- Batfink is a reference to Ed "Big Daddy" Roth, and by extension his grotesque creation Rat Fink.
- Spiritual Successor: Hm...a puppet show that's not for kids, with roots in B-movies, featuring character who's an evil, murderous boss and airing exclusively in the Minneapolis/St. Paul area—on the same channel a certain other program of similar description got it's start, no less? Odd...
- The Parody
- The Unseen
- Unusual Euphemism - "YIPPIE BUCKETS!"
- Vlog Series - Furry's. Includes a whatshisface Crocker parody.
- Vampire Fiction - LeShoc was, apparently, the inspiration for all vampire fiction.
- Your Vampires Suck - LeShoc is apparently very unhappy with modern vampire fiction...considering he was the one who inspired Dracula in the first place.
- Work Com - a very bizarre one, but still a Work Com.