Web Video: Internet Killed Television
Internet Killed Television is a daily Vlog Series that follows the lives of Charles Trippy. The first five years Alli Trippy was part of the vlogs before their separation and divorce. IKT started on May 1st, 2009. They intended to only film for a year, but after the popularity of the vlogs grew, they decided to continue, and the series is still continuing to this day.Internet Killed Television can be found on the YouTube channel CTFxC. They also have three other channels: the CharlesTrippy channel, where they upload humorous skits, the Alli channel, where they upload their Movie Club and Food Challenge videos, and the Trippy channel, where Charles uploads short videos from his iPhone.
Tropes associated with Internet Killed Television:
- Birds of a Feather: Alli and Charles. They're both very weird.
- The Cameo: Several YouTubers have appeared in the daily vlogs, including Philip Defranco and Shay Carl, another vlogger.
- Cloudcuckoolander: Charles. His thought process can be very... bizarre. Alli, too, but to a less severe extent.
- Extreme Omnivore: Marley. She eats everything, including poop and a variety of vegetation. But not bananas.
- Follow the Leader: The reason for Charles and Alli started vlogging was that Shay Carl, a friend of theirs, had started vlogging.
- Fun with Subtitles: Marley is made to sound very spoiled.
- Happily Married: Charles and Alli. Unfortunately no longer true, as they divorced in June 2014.
- Heroes Love Dogs
- Ill Boy: Charles. He had a seizure, which turned out to be due to a brain tumor, that was later found to be benign. He had surgery to remove it, but they didn't remove it all in fear of it it would be harmful to him, and it wouldn't cause problem for him. He then started having seizures again, and they figured it was due to the small tumor left. So another surgery was done, this time when he was wake, although drugged, so they could be sure his motor skill and such didn't suffer. After some test they found it was malignant and now classified as cancer, and he's undergoing chemo.
- I Was Quite a Fashion Victim: Charles acknowledges that his pink hair◊ looked stupid.
- Kitsch Collection: Charles has a collection of iPods◊ in his office.
- Meat Versus Veggies: Charles has long been on a produce-heavy diet, though he enjoys the occasional meat, too.
- Must Have Caffeine: Charles, so, so much.
- Promoted Fanboy: Charles had been friends with Danny and Travis of the band We The Kings since middle school. He joined the band in September 2011 to fill in for their bassist.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: Respectively, Marley and Zoey.
- Running Gag: Several. Alli or Charles being late for a flight, Charles' huge head, Marley rolling in poop, Alli's fear of wax paper.
- Slice of Life
- Team Pets: Zoey, Marley and Chico.
- No longer Chico, as Alli kept him.
- The Unintelligible: Marley and her yaps and wails—Unless she has subtitles, but even then her dialogue is littered with questionable grammar, similar to internet dogs/cats.
- Wham Episode:
- Day 1029, Charles passes out, in what later turns out to be due to a seizure, and was rushed to the hospital.
- Day 1030, it was revealed it was due to a brain tumor. He had surgery a week later and the tumor was successfully removed.
- Day 1617, when Charles and Alli revealed that Charles has brain cancer.
- Day 1803, Charles announced that he and Alli are separating.
- What Happened To Jeff?: Jeff Takeover was Charles and Alli's roommate, and a prominent feature in the early vlogs, until Alli left for Spain, and Charles moved to Tallahassee. He hasn't been heard of or mentioned since.
- Why Did It Have to Be Snakes?: Or spiders in Charles case.