Tree Fog provides examples of:
- Department of Redundancy Department - I want to kill your face/I want your face to die
- Hollywood Tone-Deaf - In A Whole New World, with Alex.
- Ironic Song Title - "That one was called 'Friendship'."
- Blatant Lies
- Call Back - "A Foggy Notion" ends with the last song that was performed before the break up.
- Crossover - with The Minute Vlog
- Does This Remind You of Anything??Tanner: Whoa, whoah. This is not what it looks like.
Spence: It isn't?
* Gilligan Cut - "That song was not about Tanner."
- Halloween Episode - "Neon Tree Fog" has Alex dressed as Steve Zissou.
- Heroic B.S.O.D. - That's What You Get is this in song form, along with "Pining for Mist".
- Hope Spot - The end of "Show Down/Show Up".
- Important Haircut
- Ho Yay - Loads of it.
- Lame Excuse
- Limited Wardrobe - Alex. Actually becomes a plot point.
- Overly Narrow Superlative - "I love The Minute Vlog. I think it's the best sixty second vlog on the Internet."
- Painful Rhyme - I hate you even more/It can be multiplied by four
- Party Scheduling Gambit
- Putting the Band Back Together
- "Rashomon"-Style - "Pining for Mist" and "A Foggy Notion".
- Shout-Out - Alex's TRON hoodie.
- Sound Effect Bleep - Courtesy of The Minute Vlog, "F*darn* amateurs."
- Stylistic Suck - Tanner's rap.
- Theme Song - A meta example with the laughably strange "The Minute Vlog Theme Song".
- Very Special Episode - Parodied with "Solve the Wolf Problem".
- Word Salad Title - What the heck is a Tree Fog anyway?
- "This next song, I was in a dark period when I wrote this one, it's called Helicopter 2: Rise of the Fish."