Web Video: Tree Fog
Tree Fog is a Vlog Series which is very small-time and underappreciated. Two roommates, Alex and Tanner, start a musical duo called Tree Fog. At first, they just do humorous song covers, but the series really start to heat up when things take a turn for the dramatic.The series can be found on YouTube here or on Facebook here.Not to be confused with Tree Frogs, frogs which live in trees.
Tree Fog provides examples of:
- Department of Redundancy Department - I want to kill your face/I want your face to die
- Hollywood Tone-Deaf - In A Whole New World, with Alex.
- Ironic Song Title - "That one was called 'Friendship'."
- Blatant Lies
- Call Back - "A Foggy Notion" ends with the last song that was performed before the break up.
- Crossover - with The Minute Vlog
- Does This Remind You of Anything??Tanner: Whoa, whoah. This is not what it looks like.
Spence: It isn't?
* Gilligan Cut - "That song was not about Tanner."
- Halloween Episode - "Neon Tree Fog" has Alex dressed as Steve Zissou.
- Heroic BSOD - That's What You Get is this in song form, along with "Pining for Mist".
- Hope Spot - The end of "Show Down/Show Up".
- Important Haircut
- Ho Yay - Loads of it.
- Lame Excuse
- Limited Wardrobe - Alex. Actually becomes a plot point.
- Overly Narrow Superlative - "I love The Minute Vlog. I think it's the best sixty second vlog on the Internet."
- Painful Rhyme - I hate you even more/It can be multiplied by four
- Party Scheduling Gambit
- Putting the Band Back Together
- "Rashomon"-Style - "Pining for Mist" and "A Foggy Notion".
- Shout-Out - Alex's TRON hoodie.
- Sound Effect Bleep - Courtesy of The Minute Vlog, "F*darn* amateurs."
- Stylistic Suck - Tanner's rap.
- Theme Song - A meta example with the laughably strange "The Minute Vlog Theme Song".
- Very Special Episode - Parodied with "Solve the Wolf Problem".
- Word Salad Title - What the heck is a Tree Fog anyway?
- "This next song, I was in a dark period when I wrote this one, it's called Helicopter 2: Rise of the Fish."