It is the year 1205 post collapse of the Inkarea calender, and the Vestigian empire, after surviving a devastating rebellion that killed half of its population, has undergone 21 years of relative peace. However, this is threatened when Asha's home is attacked. She has no choice but to rely on a stranger to bring her home's attackers to justice, and to find her family. Little did she know, the events that followed would risk a civil war that would engulf the entire Empire of Vestigia, nor that she would learn that she wasn't alone. That she would learn just what she was. Welcome to a world of blood and death. Of political strife and power. And above all, honour. Eternity commences.
Eternal Bushido is an ongoing online Wuxia
/ Low Fantasy
web serial novel written by K. W. Robertson and follows several POV characters. It is set in the fictional setting of Vestigia, and begins with the destruction of a small village named Folking. Asha must rely on The Stoic
Keiya Morita to bring her home's attackers to justice.
Meanwhile, Keiya's comrades slowly make their way through the Empire, having several adventures as they go.It can be found here.
The whores were coming and going all night. All. Fucking. Night.
- Arranged Marriage: Between Asha and Sesu, which confuses Asha greatly, given that she's a commoner, and he's a Shogun.
- And also between Troquiel and Ora.
- Big Bad: Though the audience has only seen The Red Eagle, we can assume that Lord Zenigata will function as this, if not, then he would likely be at least Bigger Bad.
- Big Ham: Sesu compared to The Red Eagle in their fight. actually how the Eagle beats him.
- Blood Knight: Ryu Wada.
- Brain Bleach: In the Rats nest, Dante is robbed and striped of his clothes. When Delma comes to his aid, he unfortunatly gets a front row seat to the Sword makers... equipment. Ouch.
- Childhood Friend: Keiya, Arato, and Kagami.
- Chivalrous Pervert: Delma, most certainly.
- Combat Clairvoyance: What makes an Eternal so dangerous in a fight.
- Doomed Home Town: Somewhat played with in that the village is burned to the ground, but the population are purposefully spared by the attacking general.
- The Empath: The main and most consistent power of Eternals.
- Establishing Character Moment: The Red Eagle ordering the people of Folking to not be killed. Also sparing Asha's brother.
- There's also Delma riding his horse backwards.
- Fantasy Counterpart Culture: Word of God confirms this.
- Vestigia is obviously Japan
- Janlyn is France
- Vas Varal is Spain
- Victoria is England
- Five-Man Band
- Four Philosophy Ensemble
- The optimist: Troquiel and Kagami
- The Cynic: Ora and Asha
- The realist: Keiya and Delma
- The Apathetic: Dante
- The conflicted: Arato
- Friendly Enemy: Between Keiya and The Red Eagle.
- Girl Next Door: Kagami is this to Arato.
- Hetrosexual Life Patners: Dante and Delma fit this, often going into Vitriolic Best Buds territory
- Honour Before Reason: Deconstructed.
- Layered Metropolis: The many castle cities throughout Vestigia are this.
- Low Fantasy: A bordeline case. Although it has spirit powers and is set in a different world, the fantastical elements stop there.
- Names to Run Away From Really Fast
- The Red Eagle
- The Stone Swordsman
- The Vermin King
- Garland The Nightmare. Why are you still here!
- Neutral Female: Averted by Asha when she kicks ashes into the Red Eagles face during his and Keiya's fight so that the two of them could get away.
- Play-Along Prisoner: See Rape Is a Special Kind of Evil below.
- Prince Charming: Sesu Gato comes off as this. Eventually turns out to be a deconstruction.
- Rape Is a Special Kind of Evil: Averted by Delma and Dante who consider their current objective more important than stopping an unconcious woman from being raped in an alley.
- To be fair, they kept going because the entire city was about to be purged in an hour. She was dead whether they helped or not.
- There's also the time when two Red Legion try to use rape as torture on Kagami. It doesn't end well for them.
- Rape, Pillage, and Burn: Dified by the Red Eagle who gave very specific orders as to avoid this.
- Red Shirts: The Red Legion. Literally.
- Robin Hood: Deconstructed via Ora's POV.
- Stepford Smiler: The Red Eagle is constantly smirking, which Asha refers to as being "like a mask"
- The Dragon: The Red Eagle is probably this.
- Also, Rai might be this to the Eagle.
- The Stoic: Keiya
- Twice Shy: Arato and Kagami are dripping of this.
- Unresolved Sexual Tension: Arato and Kagami's body language give this impression.
- War Is Hell: Perhaps the central theme of the story.
- Worthy Opponent: This seems to be the case between Keiya and the Red Eagle.
- Wretched Hive: The Rats nest.
- Wuxia: The story is most certainly this, mixed with Low Fantasy.