Profile of Jester_Punslinger:
Real Name: A[REDACTED] W[REDACTED]
Age: Young Adult
Western Zodiac: Gemini
A TV Tropes greenhorn who's In need of friends, advice, direction and the name of Mr Eaten. Just started out and I'm drowning in a sea/zee of tropes/rules/admin/Tribbles. Send help! or a TV trope guide for dummies...
Due to having Developmental Coordination Disorder/Developmental Dyspraxia (DCD) a neurological condition that causes hand-eye coordination issues as other problems. I have issues with spelling, Punctuation and grammar. Not good things to have issues with on a wiki site but I'll try to persevere. But in all honesty advice on how to create or use trope pantheon templates, How to use images and general advice would be appreciated.
Other aliases of The Punslinger:
- The Punslinger of The Neath.
- The Punslinger of Gielinor.
- Salvationist of Salem.
- Punslinger of Malton.
Tropes retaining to The Punslinger:
- Big Eater: When I eat a large amount it's mostly eat to calm my anxiety.
- The Ditherer: I find it hard to sometimes stay focused on tasks. A effect of having DCD?
- I Hate Past Me: I think that I've been really stupid in the past. Even it's something I did just yesterday
- The Klutz: Due to having Dyspraxia.
- NEET: I need a job, can't get one.
- One London, 33 Boroughs: I was born and currently live in one. Spin the wheel and see if you get it right.
- Picky Eater: There's only a small set of meals I'll eat and I don't like to try to new foods.
- Pungeon Master: I enjoy making terrible puns and wordplay based on a situation or recent conversation. They are so bad somtimes that once Manga Minx tried to kill me for telling them in a Town of Salem livestream.
- Rouge Angles of Satin: I'll often misspell words. It's why I love the internet, spellchecker right at my fingertips.
- Sad Clown: I jest to hide my tears.
- Wanton Cruelty to the Common Comma: I'm bad with my punctuation as well...
- Why did it have to be ladders/Heights: Again Dyspraxia, much like Ryan Sinclair ladders are more dangerous due to issues with footing. It may also be the reason for my Acrophobia.
Favorite works of The Punslinger:
- A Face Like Glass: Read this as a kid, the twists and turns are well thought out and the story has good pacing. Worth a read to those who like High Fantasy with a sprinkle of Low Fantasy and mystery and intrigue.
- Demon Road: A great trilogy by Derek Landy about a Loser Protagonist who's finds out her parents are literally demons and they want to eat her. An amazing thrill ride with some interesting new takes on vampires, demons, haunted cars, hell and The Devil (The Blood Dimmed King really should appear in a future novel). Oh and one of the best Xanatos Speed Chess by a hero I've seen in a long time.
- DCI Banks: Another great crime show. Responsible for one of favourite lines: "You're the least worst candidate for the job.
- The Goodies: Great comedy show that was a favourite of mine growing up (had a few sets on DVD).
- Inspector George Gently: Period crime drama that was not afraid to show the attitude of the time. Dealing with topics like Dirty Cop's, homophobia, racism and sexism. One stubborn old man refuses to let prejudice get in the way of catching the culpable.
- In the Flesh: An interesting short run series about the aftermath of a Zombie Apocalypse that deals with the human side of things and the struggle to deal with choices made before and during the outbreak on a much smaller scale.
- Mock the Week: One of my favourite BBC Panel Game's. I really enjoyed the Between the Lines and Newsreel segments. My favourite panellists have got to be Hugh Dennis, Ed's Byrne and Gamble, Milton Jones (my spirit animal), Russel Howard, Miles Jupp and of course the King who Crosses the Line Twice: Frankie Boyle.
- Silent Witness: Quality British Forensic Drama that's been running since 1996. My favourite episode so far is "In a lonely place" for it's Grim Up North setting and a story that slowly unfolds from a simple murder to a hunt for a Complete Monster of a Serial Killer with Red Herring's and thread spotting galore.
- Vera: Another excellent crime drama from Oop North with a great detective who is 50% frumpy to 50% snark.
- Aviators: Great artist with wide range of songs. Done especially good collaborations over the years. Well worth a listen.
- Florence + the Machine: Been listening to her songs for a long time now. We with DCD have to stick together...
- Iron Maiden:
- Miracle of Sound: The best filk singer out there bar none. I'm really thinking of buying some of his albums for my MP3.
- Of Monsters and Men: An amazing band that I had the luck to find online. I bought their first album and loved it. Favourite song is "King and Lionheart".
- Sabaton: Great power metal band from Sweden! My current favourite song is "Shiroyama".
- BioShock: Despite it's age this is still a firm favourite, due to it's well written story and how well designed the setting was. However the "Brass Balls" achievement can go do one
- Borderlands: Mained Roland, beat the main game and all the story DLC. Thought it was fun but the sequal is a definite improvement.
- Dawn of the Dragons: Been playing since secondary school. I'll keep grinding till I die. Also some of the magics and generals are really good for an avatar and the Black Comedy of some lore is fun to read through.
- Deus Ex: Human Revolution: ♫Broken body built anew / Spirit lingers, torn in two / Metal fingers grip my heart so cold♪. Great game with a awesome narrative but that pacifist achievement was downright nasty and I never asked for that (You can't kill anyone during the prologue and you have NO none-lethal abilities).
- Dishonoured: Amazing Steampunk world with a dark atmosphere and fascinating lore and story. The ability to be a non-lethal assassin who makes his victim's wish he only killed them cathartic. I've not 100%'ed it because I never want to put the characters I grew to respect through the hell that is High Chaos. Revenge solves everything.
- Dragon's Dogma: An amazing JRPG with some really neat little things like height and encumbrance being a real mechanic. The boss fight against the Griffin and Dragon were really well paced as well. But fair warning the Dark Arisen expansion is nasty, Bitterblack Isle is not for the underleveled.
- Fallen London: A reckoning is not to be postponed indefinitely. Amazing blend of Black Comedy and Gothic Horror that I'd recommend to all. I even spent real world money on it on a monthly basis, which is something ElectronicArts can try to get me to do but never succeed. My personal recommendations for exceptional stories are HOJOTOHO!, For all The Saints, Tauroktonos, The Garden Embassy and Noises from Upstairs''.
- Fallout 3: Fun fact about this one, to get all the alignment achievements I kept the megaton quest open and used that to massively shift my karma rating to the desired level. Hellfire armour and Shishkebab for the win!
- Far Cry 3: Beat it all, even that broken Co-Op mode.
- Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon: An amazingly cheesy 80's inspired popcorn romp.
- L.A. Noire: Immersive Noir mystery with some really intresting ideas and a story with interesting twists and turns (Roy Earle turning into a corpse sadly did not happen). The driving was underwhelming but the cars were great (The Fetch Quest's could go do one). Favourite missions were the DLC Nicholson Electroplating and the finale A Different Kind of War.
- Legacy of a Thousand Suns: I played this game right up until it's end. Found the Flavour Text interesting and enjoyed the art of the various ships and crew. I also really liked how they managed to merge the story of DOTD and the characters from it to the main storyline and was happy to see the campaign through to it's finale.
- Mass Effect: Elphis Shepherd the paragon Earthborn infiltrator managed to slog through the combat and actually enjoy the storyline and the character interactions.
- RAGE: An unpolished gem of a game. The combat was engaging and the weapons were awesome and brutal to use (such as the nail-gun and mind control bolts). It's less impressive part 2 can be compensated for the DLC which adds a boss fight against an airship.
- Red Dead Redemption: Possibly the best western game ever made with a story that tugged at my cold apathetic gamer heart. I actually played the good guy and did no wrong. Even managed to get 100%, here's to you Mr Marston.
- Town of Salem: Always a nice to play a couple of games and I enjoy the awesome and madcap moments you can have such as the time I performed a Mutual Kill on Werewolf Manga Minx as a Veteran causing her to rage or when I as Darth Binks the Arsonist burned 5 people to death all at once!
- Ava's Demon: Beautiful and terrifying art abound in this Ambiguous Time Period comic. I'm really interested to see where the story will go... in about a decade.
- BACK: This Weird West comic with it's odd heroine and the plot to cause The End of the World as We Know It that gets more complex as the story progresses has piqued my interest.
- Dead Winter: Quite a funny little Zombie Apocalypse comic, really like the Mood Whiplash between comedy, awesomeness and sad moments. Wish it update a bit faster thought...
- Homestuck: The cancer took me late 2018, press "F" to pay respects. Oh and it was your fault as well.
- Gosu: It's like Kiki's Delivery service... except with more martial arts with a protagonist who's essentially Feudal One-Punch boy.
- Over the Garden Wall: In such a short time this series managed to tell a story that is beautiful, sad, funny and scary. Gorgeous art as well.
Miscellaneous of The Punslinger:
- Achievement In Ignorance: I managed to get the Brass Balls achievement by complete accident when I thought I would need to do a 3rd playthrough.
- 100% Completion: I've gotten 100% of the achievements in Bioshock (even Brass Balls), Far Cry 3, Dragon's Dogma, Mass Effect 2, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, Assassin's Creed Assassin's Creed II, L.A. Noire, Dragon Age II (Even "Supplier") and Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag! Finally I've 100% bested Bioshock Infinite... Yes even on 1999 Mode and Scavenger hunt and Blue Ribbon Champ.
- Also got 100% story completion in Red Dead Redemption.
- That One Achievement: As completing the above mention achieves I've completed some extremely annoying Runescape achievements such as "Up to the Gods", "Kinprovements", "And I Want It Now!" and "Xena-phile".
- Self-Imposed Challenge: I beat the Skyrim DLC Dragonborn on the 25th of december... A Christmas Miraakcle.
- Add on tropes and cross-wick them for the following media: Dawn of the Dragons, Legacy of a Thousand Suns, Runescape, ''Fanfic/
- Clean up the sub pages of: Runescape, Fanfic/
- Add works to the Needs Wiki Magic Love page.
- Add the following to the general quotes thread:
The page quote for Gardening-Variety Weapon seems quite poor. Since the game is on it's last legs how about an example From Dawn of the Dragons? (If people want to keep the current I'll make a quotes page instead)
I Am Not Him and Contrasting Sequel Main Character are the same quote. Which needs to be changed?
I also want to put forward a suggestion to the replace the current quote for Gambling Tropes with Miracle of Sound's Filk Song about Fallout: New Vegas, as I feel it covers more tropes than simply betting large amount of money. Thoughts on it's suitability?
The declassified thrilling tales of The maniac of Mortlake. The pariah of Putney. The renegade of Richmond.
- Escaped New Newgate prison.
- I became a Protégé of a Mysterious Benefactor.
- Fought and killed a spider-council under the Silken Chapel, becoming an Arachnologist in the process.
- Fought in the Battle of Wolfstack Docks - and become a Veteran Dockside Legend.
- Became A Person of Some Importance.
- Became an Archaeologist by raiding tombs which lead to...
- Gaining enough knowledge to become a Scholar of the Correspondence by finding a set of Correspondences stones in the Tomb of the Seven.
- Became a Procurer of Savage Beasts!
- Became a Master Thief!
- Became a master duellist in the Black Ribbon society. Facing off against Feducci himself and also...
- Was marked by the Eater-of-Chains. But discovered it's secret and subdued it in the world of dreams.
- Got two tattoos from the Lady in Lilac during the Feast of the Exceptional Rose.
- Made my lodgings vermin-free while earning the grudging allegiance of a Disgraced Rattus Faber Bandit-Chief.
- Survived the Affair of the Mysterious Box and became a Fist Of The Bazaar.
- Got married in modest but sincere ceremony to my partner in crime.
- Disposed of a Whisper-Locked Sea-Chest by giving it to a certain Zee Captain...
- Began plotting against the Masters. Time to get myself a new calendar...
- By observing, stealing, decrypting and being occasionally murdered I became a Veteran Spy and a Fine Piece in the Great Game.
- Further cementing my place in the game I became a Midnighter of St. Joshua. You may now address me "Canon", I'll know if you don't.
- Became Inconvenienced by My Aunt. Damn that b____y woman!
- Started Uncovering the Secrets of the Face-Tailor. I'm now A Dreamer of Masks, I can now peel off my face to best my twin in dreams about capture.
- Went In Search of a Stiff Drink, found an alliance with the Duchess.
- I have started to become An Annoyance to Jack-of-Smiles. Believe me Jack when I say I'm going to be more than an annoyance...
Exceptional Tales Of Fate - !WARNING! certain information !EXPUNGED! by order of The Ministry of Public Decency.
- Organised The Marriage of Feducci and the Captivating Princess, learnt several truth's and pieces of valuable knowledge and decided to—!REMOVED!
- Uncovered Secrets Framed in Gold with a painting, that with layers several layers removed gave up it's truth's...!REDACTION!
- In For All the Saints with an Intrepid Deacon at my side we hunted for a missing/lost saint. Infiltrated the Brass Embassy. Finally we Ventured through the Battlefields of Hell itself to discover the truth of The Brazen Brigade and the The Chandler and why they were "martyred before the walls of Hell for love"—(This information has not been removed, simply never put into writing).
- Helped the Dashing Debunker AKA Harry Houdini discover the truth about the Noises From Upstairs in the decrepit isle of Brinehouse... !Moonlight guides the way!
- Entered the House of Chimes as a "A cold-hearted killer". What will I find in this place of fate?
- While there I became caught up in a Soldier's heartbreaking tale. Can for once there be a happy ending?
- My visit to the House of Fun I met a Silk-Clad Expert we discovered some disturbing things about spiders...
- I became Involved in the Soul Trade. Specially the saving part.
- Discovered a Long Lost Daughter. Or did I?
- Uncovered a Temple to Mithras, discovered something far more dangerous and lead a expedition down the REDCATED road. Not everyone will make it back alive In: Tauroktonos.
- Discovered the secrets of the Stag and their Placid Patriarch alongside my "Daughter" during the The Seven Day Reign. Then T__ F___T happened and I had to make a damning choice to make...
- Discovered intrigue, plots of all kinds on all fronts, and possible rebellion in the colonies while attending The Garden Embassy.
- Became a part of the song of the Valkyrie and Mr Songbird (no not that one). Now all together boys and girls of the Ringbreakers! We sang: Hojotoho!
"It is time for you to leave. This moment is for the Urchins. But something important began here, and you were a part of it."
- Discovered the truth about The committee and the terrible secret they hid...
Making Waves is increasing...
Free to play Frolics.
- Started on the original tutorial island and made my way to Lumbridge.
- Helped the cook of Lumbridge bake a cake!
- Helped get a child's ball back from a Wicked Witch.
- Foiled a Zamorakian blood pact to resurrect and control a necromancer via Human Sacrifice to terrorise Lumbrige.
- Defeated said necromancer and remade his mask.
- Infiltrated two rival gangs and combined two broken fragment to remake the shield of Arrav.
- Went into the Land of Snow to investigate the Myths of the White Lands for Explorer Jack.
March of the Membership.
- Flew a hot air balloon and created an entire network that stretches across the entire land.
- Completed all Court Cases and earned the Title of "The Detective"
- I helped a priest in peril and gained passed to the land of Morytania.... I had no idea what the chains of events I'd help start...I wish I had.
- While exploring this grim new land I discovered the Myreque. I became a member to help after being tricked into getting some of the killed.
- Was asked to search for a druid, only to find him dead. Nevertheless I was able to turn his troubled soul into a holy nature spirit of Guthix, and found a way to save ghast spirits.
- Saved (what remains) of the town of Mort'ton from a strange affliction and put some shades to rest.
- Helped the plight of the town of Burgh de Rott and saved it from discovery by vampires. Also I made it look slightly less shite.
- Reached the survivors of the Myreque branch in Meiyerditch, brought mercenaries to Morytania and uncovered a hidden laboratory below the city.
- I discovered the legacy of Seergaze, a mysterious plot, the Ivandis Flail and the blood alter.
- Next I infiltrated the Vampyre Capital city of Darkmeyer and stole Blisterwood then slew the head of the State Sec, Vanstrom Klause.
- Burnt 500 Vyre corpses becoming fully experienced with the Flail, Blisterwood weapons and the Sunspear (got the Ivan is Flailing achievement).
- Discovered the trapped ghost's of the Bonde family and their farmhands in the Wilderness being fed on by a creature known as the Spirit Beast. While not able to fell it I was able to help them imprison the monster for a time...
- The beast broke it chain's and clawed at the veil of reality. With the help of the family it had tormented for centuries I was able to slay it within the spirit world. Allowing little Summer Bonde to finally reach her end...
- The Spirit Beast was dead... but in it's place was the fierce corporal beast! Me and fellow adventures took up arms to slay it... more than 100 times it fell to my blade... and once with a bronze spear!
Bob has just found Alice's body, he confirm's she's really dead and isn't pretending. However something distract's Bob for a short amount of time and when he return's Alice's corpse has gone missing...
Some reason's for the body vanishing include:
- The killer has taken the body to dispose of it, Or to Gaslight other characters.
- Someone's been a bit peckish...
- The Victim was killed in a way that eventually resulted in No Body Left Behind
- The Victim was the victim of a Ret-Gone (Likely that character's will not remember there ever being a body)
- Someone (Including the victim) has brought them Back from the Dead and they've simply walked off.
- There was never a body there and Bob is having Hallucinations brought on by some Sanity Slippage.
Not Never Found the Body because both character's and the audience know/knew the character is dead. May provoke the reaction of It Was There I Swear. Possible Sub-Trope of Horror Tropes and Paranoia Fuel
When youre yelling but you make no sound
Life is gonna spin you round
Oh and get a little bit stranger
A tremor in the underground
The nights are gonna take this town
Oh and get a little bit stranger
Hold out a hand in your mind
Dont have to face it alone Upside Down, Miracle of Sound