It's surprisingly common in fiction to have a leader or someone in authority/power to also be a badass. Perhaps this arises from some sort of Wish Fulfillment to have inspirational and awesome individuals in charge as compared to what we usually get in Real Life.
Contrast with Submissive Badass.
The following is a listing of all those leaders who happen to be badass:
- Action Politician
- Asskicking Equals Authority
- Badass Preacher
- Badass Teacher
- Celestial Paragons and Archangels
- Colonel Badass
- Deadly Doctor
- Demon Lords and Archdevils
- Dimension Lord
- The Don
- Evil Overlord
- Klingon Promotion
- Large and in Charge
- Royals Who Actually Do Something
- Silk Hiding Steel: However, the point of the trope is that she technically doesn't seem to be in charge.