Must be Monday. New podcast! Just click on the fancy logo below.
Tropes I've suggested the name for:
- Above Good and Evil
- Ascetic Aesthetic
- Bastard Bastard
- Borrowed Biometric Bypass as a rename for "Bloody Biometric"
- Decoy Trial
- Disconnected By Death
- Dying Declaration of Love (a rename for "Going Down With The Ship", due to it using an established term in a completely different way.)
- Ethnic Menial Labor
- Freudian Slurp (a redirect to Erotic Eating)
- Grow A Conscience (a redirect to Villainous BSOD)
- It's Fake Fur, It's Fine
- Libation for the Dead
- Measuring The Marigolds
- Mutant Draft Board
- No Time To Think
- Painted On Pants
- Personal Effects Reveal
- Silly Reason For War
- The Smoking Section
- Stillborn Franchise
- Team Hand Stack
- Terms of Endangerment
- The Ending Changes Everything (the new name for "The Usual Suspects Ending")
- Too Incompetent to Operate a Blanket
- Tuck In The Dog (a redirect to Comforting Comforter)
- Villains Act, Heroes React
- Wunza Plot
Pages I've found, made, or contributed to the page image for:
open/close all folders
C, D, E
H, I, J, K, L
N, O, P, Q, R
S, T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z
page images I suggested that have since been changed or removed
Pages I suggested the page image caption for
Pages I've written, rewritten substantially, or am writing:
- The Utterly and Completely Definitive Guide to Cool
- Actual Pacifist
- Bit Character
- Cool Bike
- Sally Forth (Howard)
- Thud and Blunder
- Rot13.Home Page
- Laconic.Home Page
Pages I've substantially contributed to the introduction on:
- Badass Longcoat
- Epic Riff
- Free the Frogs
- In Camera Effects
- Knockout Gas
- Practical Effects
- The Theorem of Narrow Interests
- Haiku.Home Page
Pages I've adopted for Maintenance:
- Bring My Brown Pants
- Logical Fallacies
- Covers Always Lie
- Dan Browned
- Badass Longcoat
Forum sigs, past and present:
- I don't know where "Theory" is, but I want to live there. Everything works in Theory. (stolen from a friend who had it on a t-shirt, and who, in turn, had stolen it from a sign in the engineering department at his college.)
- If I had a piece of chalk, I could work it out in a wall, if I had a wall. (From P.C. Hodgell's Seeker's Mask)
- This time Opportunity knocked once, then wandered off and came back with a flock of Epiphanies, and they brought a battering ram! (Stolen shamelessly from the first comment on this Blogunder Schlock entry.)
- Charmin ads are one of the biggest advantages that literature has over television. [ — Aliroz The Confused-]
- Zeere-a Is Nu Sooch Theeng Es Nutebeelity. — Jordan, on the Bork.Home Page
- trouble is where god hides all the stories. — Drunk Scriblerian
- "Likewise, headphone covers have little real nutritious value and are only used to hold sauce." Leradny, from a conversation about cooking with electronics in the Old Folks Home 'Kitchen' thread.
- "...it is easy to smile upon joy and the wish to share it..." —- Yuanchosaan, talking about being assailed with hugs from happy, drunk, fifteen-year-old girls on New Years Eve.
- "I wish to be surrounded by people who do not look like me in a place full of interesting aromas and colors." blackcat from here.
People who have paid me the compliment of sigging something I wrote:
- Sandbylur sigged "You can't be charged with meaning to do something you didn't mean to do."
- Drunk Scriblerian sigged "When two mods Skullfuck the same poster at the same time, the thread goes "bork?" and forgets how to count", but the fuck-scrubber got upset about it and kept scrubbing it, so
- Drunk Scriblerian then changed it to "I strongly suggest you stop posting until whatever the hell you're tripping on wears off."
- juancarlos11 sigged this exchange between Morven and I: "I'm not locking this just to spite you, TMA."—Morven "I, however, will revel in the tears." — Madrugada
- Freezair For A Limited Time sigged ""Proto-Indo-European makes the damnedest words related. It's great. It's the Kevin Bacon of etymology." ~Madrugada
- Lessinath sigged a line I used in locking down an OTC thread that had soured: ""This thread has gone so far south it's surrounded by nesting penguins." — Madrugada"
- Drunk Scriblerian thinks I'm eminently quotable, apparently. He glommed ""I wouldn't mind being between Eddie and Drunkie." -Madrugada, part of an evening of schnockered posting.
- thenamelesssamurai sigged "Bullshit. What nobody tells you is that once you're over the hill it's a hell of a ride. Think Calvin & Hobbes and the sled ~Madrugada"
- Mr Mallard sigged " "There are no indigenous people on the moon." -Madrugada"
- Indigo12ash sigged " "People don't make sense. Especially about sex. But that's hardly news, is it?" —Madrugada "
- Made Of Meat cast me as Charity in the
Seven Eight Holy Virtues.
- According to Haven, I'm Madeline Weston in Burn Notice. I'm flattered.
- Lemurian says Ran Yakumo in Touhou: Perfect Cherry Blossom fits.
- Louie W cast me as Hiyori Kasugano (AKA Sensei) in Sketchbook. She has a chicken as a pet, which I think is quite cool.
- Scholastica thinks I fit as Heath in Fire Emblem 7
- Haven again. This time I'm the Peacekeeper in the Troper Magic: The Gathering.
- Yarrunmace cast me as Shikieiki in Touhou: Phantasmagoria Of Flower View.
- Flanker66 cast me as Glacier le Cactank in Megaman Zero 3. Judge, Jury, and Executioner? I guess I am sometimes.
- The Jackal said The Announcer in Team Fortress 2 fits. I think he may be right.
- According to Awestriker, it's Jubei in BlazBlue.
- Ponicalica cast me as Maya Kamina in RahXephon.
- Milos Stefanovic thinks I'm Jaheira in Baldur's Gate.
- I made the Google Tropers Map, and will add a pin (on request) for anyone who can't add themselves but would like to be on it. PM me with your location (in sufficient detail that I can find it) and the name (and any message) you want on the pin. Otherwise, there are instructions for adding your own pin here.
- I'm a moderator in the forums, and can impose or lift forum bans.
- Her blood type is also apparently B-Nicotine. - Diamonnes
- Drunk Scriblerian says that my theme song is this. He knows me pretty well for never having actually met me.