Tropes I've suggested the name for:
- Above Good and Evil
- Ascetic Aesthetic
- Bastard Bastard
- Borrowed Biometric Bypass as a rename for "Bloody Biometric"
- Decoy Trial
- Disconnected By Death
- Dying Declaration of Love (a rename for "Going Down With The Ship", due to it using an established term in a completely different way.)
- Ethnic Menial Labor
- Freudian Slurp (a redirect to Erotic Eating)
- Grow A Conscience (a redirect to Villainous BSOD)
- It's Fake Fur, It's Fine
- Libation for the Dead
- Measuring the Marigolds
- Mutant Draft Board
- No Time To Think
- Painted-On Pants
- Personal Effects Reveal
- Silly Reason for War
- The Smoking Section
- Stillborn Franchise
- Team Hand Stack
- Terms of Endangerment
- The Ending Changes Everything (the new name for "The Usual Suspects Ending")
- Too Incompetent to Operate a Blanket
- Tuck In The Dog (a redirect to Comforting Comforter)
- Villains Act, Heroes React
- Wunza Plot
Pages I've found, made, or contributed to the page image for:
open/close all folders
C, D, E
H, I, J, K, L
N, O, P, Q, R
T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z
page images I suggested that have since been changed or removed
Pages I suggested the page image caption for
Pages I've written, rewritten substantially, or am writing:
- Margin Play (Seriously. Look at the edit history: All Maddy, all the time. Gah.)
- The Utterly and Completely Definitive Guide to Cool
- Actual Pacifist
- Bit Character
- Cool Bike
- Sally Forth (Howard)
- Thud and Blunder
- Rot13.Home Page
- Laconic.Home Page
Pages I've substantially contributed to the introduction on:
- Badass Longcoat
- Epic Riff
- Free the Frogs
- In Camera Effects
- Knockout Gas
- Practical Effects
- The Theorem of Narrow Interests
- Haiku.Home Page
Pages I've adopted for Maintenance:
- Bring My Brown Pants
- Logical Fallacies
- Covers Always Lie
- Dan Browned
- Badass Longcoat
Forum sigs, past and present:
- I don't know where "Theory" is, but I want to live there. Everything works in Theory. (stolen from a friend who had it on a t-shirt, and who, in turn, had stolen it from a sign in the engineering department at his college.)
- If I had a piece of chalk, I could work it out in a wall, if I had a wall. (From P.C. Hodgell's Seeker's Mask)
- This time Opportunity knocked once, then wandered off and came back with a flock of Epiphanies, and they brought a battering ram! (Stolen shamelessly from the first comment on this Blogunder Schlock entry.)
- Charmin ads are one of the biggest advantages that literature has over television. [ — Aliroz The Confused-]
- Zeere-a Is Nu Sooch Theeng Es Nutebeelity. — Jordan, on the Bork.Home Page
- trouble is where god hides all the stories. — Drunk Scriblerian
- "Likewise, headphone covers have little real nutritious value and are only used to hold sauce." Leradny, from a conversation about cooking with electronics in the Old Folks Home 'Kitchen' thread.
- "...it is easy to smile upon joy and the wish to share it..." —- Yuanchosaan, talking about being assailed with hugs from happy, drunk, fifteen-year-old girls on New Years Eve.
- "I wish to be surrounded by people who do not look like me in a place full of interesting aromas and colors." blackcat from here.
- "The times you live in are as interesting as you make them, and as interesting to others as you make them out to be." —Tropers/Drunkie from here
- "Half the work on any project is done the week before the deadline. The other half is done the week after." Paraphrased from the Irregular Webcomic! of November 2, 2013.
People who have paid me the compliment of sigging something I wrote:
- Sandbylur sigged "You can't be charged with meaning to do something you didn't mean to do."
- drunkscriblerian sigged "When two mods Skullfuck the same poster at the same time, the thread goes "bork?" and forgets how to count", but the fuck-scrubber got upset about it and kept scrubbing it, so
- drunkscriblerian then changed it to "I strongly suggest you stop posting until whatever the hell you're tripping on wears off."
- juancarlos11 sigged this exchange between Morven and I: "I'm not locking this just to spite you, TMA."—Morven "I, however, will revel in the tears." — Madrugada
- Freezair For A Limited Time sigged ""Proto-Indo-European makes the damnedest words related. It's great. It's the Kevin Bacon of etymology." ~Madrugada
- Lessinath sigged a line I used in locking down an OTC thread that had soured: ""This thread has gone so far south it's surrounded by nesting penguins." — Madrugada"
- drunkscriblerian thinks I'm eminently quotable, apparently. He glommed ""I wouldn't mind being between Eddie and Drunkie." -Madrugada, part of an evening of schnockered posting.
- thenamelesssamurai sigged "Bullshit. What nobody tells you is that once you're over the hill it's a hell of a ride. Think Calvin & Hobbes and the sled ~Madrugada"
- Mr Mallard sigged " "There are no indigenous people on the moon." -Madrugada"
- Indigo12ash sigged " "People don't make sense. Especially about sex. But that's hardly news, is it?" —Madrugada "
- Made Of Meat cast me as Charity in the
Seven Eight Holy Virtues.
- According to Haven, I'm Madeline Weston in Burn Notice. I'm flattered.
- Lemurian says Ran Yakumo in Touhou: Perfect Cherry Blossom fits.
- Louie W cast me as Hiyori Kasugano (AKA Sensei) in Sketchbook. She has a chicken as a pet, which I think is quite cool.
- Scholastica thinks I fit as Heath in Fire Emblem 7
- Haven again. This time I'm the Peacekeeper in the Troper Magic: The Gathering.
- Yarrunmace cast me as Shikieiki in Touhou: Phantasmagoria Of Flower View.
- Flanker66 cast me as Glacier le Cactank in Megaman Zero 3. Judge, Jury, and Executioner? I guess I am sometimes.
- The Jackal said The Announcer in Team Fortress 2 fits. I think he may be right.
- According to Awestriker, it's Jubei in BlazBlue.
- Ponicalica cast me as Maya Kamina in RahXephon.
- Milos Stefanovic thinks I'm Jaheira in Baldur's Gate.
- I made the Google Tropers Map, and will add a pin (on request) for anyone who can't add themselves but would like to be on it. PM me with your location (in sufficient detail that I can find it) and the name (and any message) you want on the pin. Otherwise, there are instructions for adding your own pin here.
- I'm a moderator in the forums, and can impose or lift forum bans.
- Her blood type is also apparently B-Nicotine. - Diamonnes
- Drunk Scriblerian says that my theme song is this. He knows me pretty well for never having actually met me.