My logo. That's right I have a logo.
Hi there. I'm JR Pictures. Troper
, Gamer, Movie Buff
, TV Watcher and Pop Culture aficionado from the Land Down Under
(I have a Lebanese background). And as you can see No Fourth Wall
. I have a hatred for school and Lampshade
everything in sight.
, changed my vocabulary
and given me a gateway drug
simultaneously while teaching me what is Egregious
and the most confusing trope to say a.k.a. Sesquipedalian Loquaciousness
As for my history/Meta Origin
, I'm not sure when I started loving movies but I know I started loving them at a young age. But why you ask maybe it's because it's an escape from reality where anything is possible. Watching movies just makes me happy and allows me to forget my troubles for an hour or more. That is why I intend to make films.
In reality I'm more or less a decent (albeit strange) person, whom distracts himself from real life with movies, TV, video games and this site. My own low self esteem causes me to buy the idea I can't have a successful life (girlfriend, family etc.) apart from making movies. Plus my own self awareness has me acknowledge every part of it. Along with that I have a hard time trusting people in real life.
Links (that work as Character Blog
and stuff) and are also Shameless Self Promotion
open/close all folders
My top favourite films are (in no particular order)
Live Action TV
Tropes including ones previously mentioned
Also, if you have the time, have a look at my unpublished work Film School
and its Characters Page
and feel free to give me feedback.
Check out my trope page for my closed RP: The Humongous Mecha RP
Tropes Applying to Me:
- Alternate Reality Game: I like taking part in plenty of these such as:
- And Knowing Is Half the Battle: The other half is VIOLENCE!!
- Angst: I have a lot of this thanks to school
- Appeal to Obscurity: I enjoy making obscure jokes and references to confuse people or just to get other people's attentions.
- Archive Binge: Done with Stupid Mario Brothers
- Asperger Syndrome: I'm diagnosed with it, several symptoms are:
- I have an obsession with Movies, TV and Video Games and they tend to be the only things I talk about. (I also have no to little interest for other topics of conversation)
- I'm very anti-social, communicating mostly with friends, family and people I generally know. I also tend not to look people in the eye when talking to them, I find eye contact grating.
- I mispronounce words wrong sometimes and have issues with saying R and W words. I also speak fast many times.
- I get lost in my own mind thinking about things and I bite my nails a lot.
- Attack Its Weak Point: My way of defeating enemies. Doesn't always work
- Author Appeal: I like alot of things which you may see on this page. There is no guess that some of them may be in my works.
- Author Avatar: A lot of my works may feature some take on me.
- Awesome Aussie: Hell yeah.
- Badass Normal: Well.. yeah
- Berserk Button: I really don't like it when people make jokes that insult me and expect me to laugh at it.
- Better than a Bare Bulb: You better believe I lampshade everything.
- Breaking the Fourth Wall: I'm doing it right now. Hi.
- Celeb Crush: Well I have a crush on Mary Elizabeth Winstead (which may have started thanks to Scott Pilgrim).
- Color-Coded for Your Convenience: Well I identify myself by being blue.
- Comically Missing the Point / Completely Missing the Point: Happens to me every so often.
- Continuity Nod: Search for them on this page.
- Conversational Troping / Discussed Trope: I do these a lot often with people like me.
- Cosplay: In the Supanova Convention each year.
- Crazy Awesome: To an extent I am.
- Crazy-Prepared: I am prepared for ANYTHING
- Creator Thumb Print: I do this with any of my videos.
- Crosses the Line Twice: I do this A LOT
- Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass
- Deadpan Snarker: Attributed to being Surrounded by Idiots and Bullies in School
- Deconstruction / Reconstruction: I like to make films of this.
- Drinking Game: Just drink every time I break the fourth wall.
- Make a reference to a movie or work
- Or just be meta In the end you'd die.
- Elective Mute: I rarely talk to people I don't or hardly know.
- Mr. Fanservice: I'm totally this
- Even Nerds Have Standards: That's right I have standards.
- Everybody Hates Mathematics: Yeah I hate it. I hate it alot. It's hard, it's pointless and the fact it has to do with everyday life annoys me A LOT. Which is why filmmaking has little to do with it. Don't tell me otherwise.
- Evil Laugh / Un Evil Laugh: MWAAHHAAAHAHAHAHAAHA
- Fourth Wall: Ok So I break it A LOT
- Freudian Excuse: well I got bullied a lot
- and my father isn't helping things
- and Year 11 and 12 is just plain hard.
- Fun T-Shirt: I have plenty
- Geeky Analogy: I use one EVERY TIME
- Geek Reference Pool: I'm an aversion. (It pays to know the more obscurer parts of my favourite works.)
- Geeky Turn-On: I may have one..
- Genre Savvy: I'm a Movie Buff. What do you expect? sometimes I'm too Dangerously Genre Savvy for my own good
- Girl on Girl Is Hot: AGREED
- Give Geeks a Chance: Seriously give me a chance I'm not that bad.
- Hollywood Nerd: Sorta
- I Always Wanted to Say That: Happens a lot.
- Incredibly Lame Pun: Let's have some PUN
- In Joke: I like adding these in
- Inspiration Nod
- I Pulled a "Weird Al": To my friends and family "pull a Jonathan" is to constantly reference movies or take notice of everything.
- Jonathan Rizko, Destroyer of Worlds
- Lampshade Hanging: Hey A Trope in my page.
- Large Ham: I THINK SOMEONE ORDERED IT.
- I especially do this when going EVIL
- Leaning on the Fourth Wall: Oh I don't lean
- Loners Are Freaks: I disagree, I'm quite a loner (despite having friends) and antisocial but I'm not really a freak.
- Love Dodecahedron: I'm currently pining with a couple of other tropers for Danniiee in some strange Troper Harem.
- Man Child: Once I'm an adult I'll be this.
- Meta Fiction: Most of my ideas run on this.
- Meta Guy: Again Movie Buff
- Medium Awareness: I'm very, very Aware
- Mood-Swinger: I swap between a Cynical Pessimistic Deadpan Snarker who hates people and an Energetic Happy Large Ham.
- Mr. Imagination: Truthfully I made up a million (Well not exactly) movie ideas that can work. Hell take a look at my Unpublished Work Film School and tell me that is not a good idea.
- MST3K Mantra: My mantra for everything terrible.
- Mundane Utility: I have a lot of good skills. For example I use a 50cm wooden ruler as a sword. Not as weird as it sounds.
- Nerd: Don't worry....I don't have the glasses ....sometimes. But I can be Lovable and SEXY
- Nerd Action Hero: This is VERY true
- Nerdgasm: Happens when I start rejoicing
- Nerds Are Virgins: uhh this is true.
- Nervous Wreck: Often when thing don't go my way.
- Nice Guy: Well yeah.
- Ninja Pirate Zombie Robot Samurai, Power Rangers, Power Armoured, Spy, Cowboy, Superhero, Hobo, Anti-Hero, Wolf Man, Vampire, Alien, Dark Other, Evil Nazi fought by Chuck Norris and Samuel L. Jackson.
- No Social Skills: More like lack of social skills. I don't take much interest in topics of conversation other than movies, tv or pop culture.
- I'm especially terrible when answering the phone. I often forget to ask who's calling, can't tell who's talking and forgets details of some calls. I often just pass the phone quickly to my family without telling them who it is.
- Not a Morning Person: Zig-zagged. I have my alarm set to 6am on weekdays so I could get ready for school faster. But that doesn't count for the weekend, in which wake-up times vary.
- Off-the-Shelf FX: Most of my videos have this.
- One of Us: Oh yes I am.
- One-Scene Wonder: In some of my drama performances.
- Pass the Popcorn: I do this a lot when something good happens.
- Pop Cultured Badass: Hell yeah I am.
- Proud to Be a Geek: I AM PROUD
- Reference Overdosed / Shout Out: TRON, TRON: Legacy, THIS IS SPARTA!, EXTERMINATE, Avatar, DEADPOOL, BRAWL, Community, SHAZBOT, May The Force be with You, D'OH!, FOX!!!, Glee!!!, SCOTT PILGRIM, LOST, Heroes, Spy Kids, Firefly!!!, Serenity!!!, BUFFY!!!, Angel!!!!, FREAKIN SWEET, NCIS, Bones, Castle, The Big Bang Theory, Mystery Science Theater 3000, MAHNA MAHNA, KERMY, ZELDA!!!!, It's a Me Mario!, SAMUS!!, Deh-shay, deh-shay bah-sah-rah, bah-sah-rah Deh-shay, deh-shay bah-sah-rah, bah-sah-rah, MissionImpossible, Doctor Horrible's Sing-Along Blog, Scrubs etc. I practically talk on these.
- Refuge in Audacity / Refuge in Vulgarity: I already said I cross the Line twice.
- Running Gag: There's a lot on this page. See if you can find them all.
- Saw Star Wars Twenty Seven Times: Although it's not 27 I'm getting there.
- Schmuck Bait: You made it to this page... you're screwed
- Sdrawkcab Name: Okzir Nahtanoj
- Self-Deprecation: I like to poke fun at myself.
- Self Referential Humour: My style of humour.
- Shrinking Violet: When I'm not being snarky or hammy I tend to be this especially in school classes and social events.
- Signature Style: Oh I make works which are self-referential and generally troperiffic. (with use of tropes that play them straight, subvert, avert, invert, lampshade, parody, deconstruct, reconstruct... basically raping every trope possible.)
- I also like protagonists having the same personality as me.
- Smarter Than You Look / Bunny-Ears Lawyer: I'm much more intelligent than I look. I tend to think about all aspects of life and often have philosophical ideals to some parts of it all. I'm being awfully sincere here mind you and I can credit this site to inspiring some of my thoughts.
- The Smurfette Principle: Inverted, I'm pretty much the only boy in my drama class. (I say pretty much as there have been at least one other boy but they end up leaving or quitting and I'm the only one dedicated to the subject.)
- Snark-to-Snark Combat: I always fight snarkily.
- Speaks In Shoutouts: Well duh..
- Stepford Snarker: Admittedly my snarking is a result of many issues in my life.
- Stroke the Beard: I do this when I think a lot. (It helps that I consistently grow facial hair)
- Stylistic Suck: I don't do this .... maybe
- Sweet Tooth: I love chocolate, candy, ice cream, Nutella etc.
- Tall, Dark and Snarky: Indeed.
- Technobabble: I know plenty of this language.
- The Fourth Wall Will Not Protect You FROM ME!!
- Theory of Narrative Causality: I like to think that life is a movie centred around yourself. It is however a funny, cruel and depressing movie in my case.
- There's No "B" in Movie: Agreed
- The Moviebuff: Get it already
- Trademark Favorite Food: Chocolate
- Trope Overdosed: Uhh this page might get to this regardless of whether the tropes on this page actually apply to me.
- Troperiffic: Like above yeah....
- Tropes Are Not Bad: Agreed
- "Well Done, Son" Guy: While this trope isn't exactly accurate, I get this feeling a lot. Plus my dad's actions as of late haven't really helped.
- Write Who You Know / Self-Insert Fic: Most of my stories/ideas/works have a version of myself in there.
- You Are Better Than You Think You Are: According to my friends and family. I personally don't buy it.
What were you expecting?.... A Stinger?
.... A Tag??