open/close all folders
Virgin and Chad
The Virgin Walk
The first character to be added to the meme, Virgin represents the normal, boring way something is usually done.
THE CHAD STRIDE
The polar opposite of Virgin, Chad represents the crazy, unrealistic way of doing something.
- Achievements in Ignorance: More negative portrayals of Chad highlight just how little he thinks about what he does.
- Adaptational Nice Guy: In the "Virgin Bad Thing vs. Chad Good Thing" memes, as well as most of the comics.
- Awesome, but Impractical: In classic-style memes, he's this. The things he does are a lot flashier and more impressive than the Virgin's actions, but also tend to be far more impractical.
- Beyond the Impossible: He's never heard a song in his entire life, he can look everyone in the eye at all times, and his hair is fastened so it doesn't react to the laws of physics.
- Cool Kid-and-Loser Friendship: Forms this with Virgin if shown as his friend.
- Depending on the Writer: Classic style memes portray him as a bully and an open sociopath. Later, Brad took on these more negative traits, leaving Chad - while still absurd and insensitive to the feelings of others - kinder.
- Flanderization: Reverse. While he still remains as a Jerk with a Heart of Gold, Chad was more of a typical bully.
- Gag Haircut: A single spike of blond hair, fastened so that nothing can move it. Not even the laws of physics.
- Gag Penis: Very visible already, and it just keeps getting more exaggerated with every further character past him.
- Good Is Not Nice: Pre-Took a Level in Kindness. He is one of the good guys but not one of the most nicest people.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Outside of classic style memes. While Chad may not be the nicest person, he has a heart, unlike Brad.
- Nice Mean And Inbetween: Chad, along with Thad, is the In-Between to Virgin's Nice and Brad's Mean.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: The Red Oni to Virgin's insecure and quiet Blue Oni.
- Refuge in Audacity: His personality in a nutshell.
- Silly Walk: Tiny, beetle-like strides.
- Sociopathic Hero: The original meme mentions that he doesn't register the emotions of others at all, and this trait shows up in some other memes as well.
- Success Through Insanity: He tends to be depicted as wildly successful in life despite (or thanks to) his complete disregard for normal behavior.
- Super Strength: He's able to slap oncoming traffic out of his way to make room for his walk.
- Unsympathetic Comedy Protagonist: Usually portrayed as the main character in the VvC Reddit posts.
- Visual Pun: Chad's head deliberately resembles the borders of the African country of Chad, which is especially evident in his unorthodox triangular hairstyle resembling the northern border of Chad.
Chad Tier Characters
Superior to even Chad, the elusive Thad is a cool, mysterious character.
Lad (Redesign 1)
A disturbingly overdone Chad, Lad has turned so Chadly, he's worse than even the Virgin.
- Ambiguously Brown: Although it's probably a tan.
- Awesome, but Impractical: Due to his massive penis, he's still a virgin and still can't get laid.
- A Wizard Did It: The original concept for the chararcter was that Lad was a Virgin who was granted a wish from a genie to become "the Chaddiest Chad who ever Chadded" but only in the physical characteristics; which where promptly taken to the logical extreme.
- Be Careful What You Wish For: He was created when a Virgin wished to become the greatest Chad in existence.
- Beware the Silly Ones: When he isn't failing spectacularly he's this. Anything he actually succeeds in doing has horrifying consequences or defies all reason.
- Body Horror: His penis is so massive that he needs a wheelbarrow to carry it around, his muscles are overinflated, and his chin is disturbingly long and penile (or even resemble a pair of buttocks).
- Butt-Monkey: Everybody bullies him, even the Virgin.
- Dumb Muscle: Of course. While he has a ridiculously muscular body, Lad (mostly) isn't the brightest individual among the VvC characters.
- Even the Guys Want Him: Inverted. Not only do women want nothing to do with him, but looking at him turns gay men straight.
- Gag Haircut: A mohawk so long, it extends several inches past his face. It still overreacts to the wind.
- Gag Penis: Taken Up to Eleven. His penis is about half the size of his body.
- Mike Nelson, Destroyer of Worlds/Obliviously Evil: He's so out of touch with reality he may not know the extent of the destruction he causes.
- Scary Black Man: His skin tone is usually darker than the rest of the cast's. It's implied to be a spray tan, however.
- The Sociopath: When he's not depicted as a pathetic loser, he's usually this.
- Too Dumb to Live: Oftentimes depicted as this.
- Took a Level in Badass: Originally he was bullied by everybody and his muscles were so dense he couldn't even move. Now, he's able to carry out crimes against humanity and/or self-mutilation in every meme.
- Happens in the Gizzardverse arc, where Gad's drug binge causes him to channel his power into Lad, giving him the ability to fly and making him indestructible.
- What the Hell, Hero?: Memes featuring him will (usually) call him out on his foul or pathetic behaviour.
Lad what the fuck!
You've gone too far this time Lad!
An Australian and the definition of manliness.
An overlord on a throne who speaks telepathically.
"Zoo wee mama this is epic. now my parents will finally love me"
A mix of Chad and a Tonka truck. He bangs lots of Stacies.
- Gag Penis: One even longer and more grotesque than Lad's, but it doesn't really seem to bother him.
Characters Between Virgin and Chad
A regular guy, for memes where that doesn't apply to the Virgin.
A poseur that tries to be like Chad superficially, but fails, and just ends up looking like a massive Jerkass
A scam artist with a 20s-60s vibe. He comes up with get-rich-quick schemes and has it in for Chad.
- And I Must Scream: His basic situation as Cad Two.
- The Chew Toy: Zig-zagged. He is said to win as often as he loses, although his losses tend to be a lot more humiliating while his wins are (at most) getting laid or pulling off a scam.
- Corrupt Corporate Executive: Depending on the Writer; in some memes he's just a two-bit street schemer. In others, he's actively wealthy and uses the capitalist system to exploit workers.
- Creepy Crossdresser: When he escapes into the Gacyverse.
- Cult Defector: He defected from Occultist.
- Dastardly Whiplash
- Dick Dastardly Stops to Cheat: He always stops to cheat, even when playing fair would be better for him.
- The Dragon: As Cad 2, to the Occultist.
- Even Evil Has Standards: Yes, he's a selfish Jerkass who cons people out of their hard-earned (or in Brad's case, hard-inherited) money and slaps his henchmen. But even he is horrified by the results of his selling Gad an every-drug mixture, and would not have done so if he knew what would happen.
- Hidden Depths: he has a freinship with Shlad
- Hoist by His Own Petard: Often his downfall.
- Nonstandard Character Design: He's in a different style from the other characters, and faces right, whereas most characters face left.
- Phrase Catcher: "Oh Cad, you scoundrel!"
- Throw the Dog a Bone: As mentioned above, he gets as many wins as loses. Most often when he gets away with scamming Brad.
- Unknown Rival: Chad has no idea that Cad hates him.
- Unwitting Instigator of Doom: Selling Gad an every drug mixture.
Virgin Tier Characters
A character that takes everything bad about the Virgin, and takes it Up to Eleven
. The name comes from a Japanese meme that you'll become a wizard if you're a virgin at 30
- Body Horror: His neck is craned incredibly far forwards, his hands are horribly mangled, and his hair resembles tentacles.
- Dark Is Not Evil: He's a horrifying abomination that barely even looks human. He's also so polite that he's grown angel wings.
- Humanoid Abomination: Seems to be one. His build is superficially humanoid, but with bizarre, completely inhuman attributes. In some cases, he doesn't even speak except for screeching.
- Insult to Rocks: Calling him a loser is an insult to losers.
- Long Neck: Both variants of Wizard have a long, deformed neck, caused by their horrible posture, as one of their defining traits.
- No Mouth: The original Wizard doesn't have a mouth, but the new one does.
- Non-Indicative Name: Despite being called the Wizard, he doesn't have any magical powers. Not even gaining them would improve his social standing.
- Perma-Stubble: A trait that both templates share.
- Stylistic Suck: Even moreso than the other characters, at least for the original. It's most noticeable with his coat.
- Super Speed: While the Virgin just walks slightly faster than usual, the Wizard can walk at lightspeed.
A rather pathetic version of the Virgin.
An even more
pathetic version of the Virgin, and the last stage before the Wizard.
The opposite of Thad, the Grand Wizard is a direct exaggeration of everything bad about the Wizard.
The opposite of Lad, the Wraith is so Virgin he loops back around to being adored.
The Chadiverse equivalant of the Devil.
- Ambiguously Gay: He kisses Gad, but whether that's an actual reflection of homosexuality is unclear. He also doesn't know what a woman is.
- Big Bad: He's the source of all creepy virgin energy.
- Brilliant, but Lazy: His eight heads can see the actions of all life in the universe... but he chooses not to, like a true Wizard.
- Ditzy Genius: Exaggerated. He's omniscient but the only thing he doesn't about are women.
- Eldritch Abomination: He looks far more disturbing and inhuman than any other character in the meme.
- Physical God
- Tsundere: Sometimes this to Gad.
- Weapon of Choice: The Bow of Wizardry. It's mainly used for punishing OC creators, but can also be used like a reverse Cupid's arrow to make two people fall out of love.
An ancient evil who often changes forms, and served the Gizzard.
- Absolute Xenophobe: He REALLY hates Chads.
- Big Bad: After he gave up on Gizzard as a leader, although he'd rather be The Dragon.
- The Creon: Was this to the Gizzard, his main goal was once to summon him to the physical realm and serve him. After Gizzard made peace with Gad, he abandoned him, but still seeks out somebody else to lead his dystopia rather than himself.
- The Dragon: Initially, to Gizzard.
- Horrifying the Horror: Gizzard is scared of him.
- Demonic Possession: What he dPossessionoes to Incel, turning him into the Incultist.
- Sealed Evil in a Can: Back when he was a giant head in a tank.
- Those Two Guys: With President Grand Wizard during the Gizzardverse Arc.
- Walking Wasteland: During and after the Gizzardverse, he is a living pile of stench.
The female version of the Virgin.
The female version of Chad. The goal of every male character is to have sex with her.
The female version of Thad.
The female version of Lad.
The female version of Gad, and the Goddess of the Chadiverse.
The female version of the Basic.
The female version of Brad.
The female version of the Wizard.
The female version of the Incel.
- In the Hood: Nobody knows what her hair looks like, because she always keeps her hood up.
- Straw Feminist: Being the female version of the Incel, she blames her lack of success in love on the entire male gender.
The female version of the Neckbeard.