open/close all folders
Virgin and Chad
The first character to be added to the meme, Virgin represents the normal, boring way something is usually done.
- Boring, but Practical
- Butt-Monkey: He always gets made fun of in every meme.
- Cool Kid-and-Loser Friendship: Forms this with Chad if shown as his friend.
- Even Nerds Have Standards: He's a notch (or several notches) above the other "Virgin Tier Characters", as well as being more functional than Lad.
- The Everyman: He's meant to represent the average viewer of the meme.
- Extreme Doormat: He's usually shown as being shy and averse to conflict, and is too polite, giving too much space to oncoming traffic.
- Nice Guy
- Teeny Weenie: He's mentioned to have a significantly below-average penis size.
- This Loser Is You: The memes usually make fun of him for doing things in the way a normal person would.
- Throw the Dog a Bone: In "Virgin Chad VS Chad Virgin" memes.
"OUCH!"The polar opposite of Virgin, Chad represents the crazy, unrealistic way of doing something.
- Achievements in Ignorance: More negative portrayals of Chad highlight just how little he thinks about what he does.
- Beyond the Impossible: He's never heard a song in his entire life, he can look everyone in the eye at all times, and his hair is fastened so it doesn't react to the laws of physics.
- Cool Kid-and-Loser Friendship: Forms this with Virgin if shown as his friend.
- Characterization Marches On: In a way. Early memes portrayed him as a bully and an open sociopath. Later Brad took on these more negative traits, leaving Chad - while still absurd and insensitive to the feelings of others - kinder.
- Crazy Awesome
- Evil Is Petty: No one alive can insult his posture and get away with it.
- Fashion-Victim Villain: He wears bright neon clothes, and his original portrayal is definitely not the nicest guy.
- Gag Haircut: A single spike of blond hair, fastened so that nothing can move it. Not even the laws of physics.
- Gag Penis: Very visible already, and it just keeps getting more exaggerated with every further character past him.
- Refuge in Audacity: His personality in a nutshell.
- Silly Walk: Tiny, beetle-like strides.
- Sociopathic Hero: The original meme mentions that he doesn't register the emotions of others at all, and this trait shows up in some other memes as well.
- Super Strength: He's able to slap oncoming traffic out of his way to make room for his walk.
- Took a Level in Kindness: In the "Virgin Bad Thing VS. Chad Good Thing" memes, as well as most of the comics.
Chad Tier Characters
Superior to even Chad, the elusive Thad is a cool, mysterious character.
- The Ace: Even more so than Chad.
- Bully Hunter: He physically assaults bullies for sport.
- Cruel to Be Kind: Played for Laughs. Anytime he does anything even remotely negative it's this.
- Even the Guys Want Him: Looking at him for long periods of time induces gender dysphoria in men.
- Gag Haircut: A mohawk even bigger and more unrealistic than Chad's.
- Gag Penis: One so big, he has to keep it concealed by curling it up like a millipede.
- Good Is Not Soft: He's friends with Virgins and Chads alike, but will crush Brad with his bare hands if he bullies them.
- Heroic Build: Thad is near the peak of human physical perfection.
- Lovable Jock: Thad is absurdly jacked, almost to a superhuman degree, but he's kind to everyoneeven Virgins.
- Nice Guy: While Chad's status as this is Depending on the Writer, Thad is almost always portrayed as a sweet dude who protects Virgins.
- Sealed Good in a Can: During the Gizzardverse arc.
- Super Strength: His muscles are so toned that there's actually no space between the atoms.
- Walking Shirtless Scene: He's (almost) always drawn without a shirt on.
A disturbingly overdone Chad, Lad has turned so Chadly, he's worse than even the Virgin.
- Ambiguously Brown: Although it's probably a tan.
- Awesome, but Impractical: Due to his massive penis, he's still a virgin and still can't get laid.
- A Wizard Did It: The original concept for the chararcter was that Lad was a Virgin who was granted a wish from a genie to become "the Chaddiest Chad who ever Chadded" but only in the physical characteristics; which where promptly taken to the logical extreme.
- Be Careful What You Wish For: He was created when a Virgin wished to become the greatest Chad in existence.
- Beware the Silly Ones: When he isn't failing spectacularly he's this. Anything he actually succeeds in doing has horrifying consequences or defies all reason.
- Body Horror: His penis is so massive that he needs a wheelbarrow to carry it around, his muscles are overinflated, and his chin is disturbingly long and penile.
- Butt-Monkey: Everybody bullies him, even the Virgin.
- Dumb Muscle: Of course. While he has a ridiculously muscular body, Lad (mostly) isn't the brightest individual among the VvC characters.
- Gag Haircut: A mohawk so long, it extends several inches past his face. It still overreacts to the wind.
- Gag Penis: Taken Up to Eleven. His penis is about half the size of his body.
- Obliviously Evil: He's so out of touch with reality he may not know the extent of the destruction he causes.
- Scary Black Man: His skin tone is usually darker than the rest of the cast's. It's implied to be a spray tan.
- The Sociopath: When he's not depicted as a pathetic loser, he's usually this.
- Took a Level in Badass: Originally he was bullied by everybody and his muscles were so dense he couldn't even move. Now, he's able to carry out crimes against humanity and/or self-mutilation in every meme.
- Happens in the Gizzardverse arc, where Gad's drug binge causes him to channel his power into Lad, giving him the ability to fly and making him indestructible.
- What the Hell, Hero?: Memes featuring him will (usually) call him out on his foul or pathetic behaviour.
Lad what the fuck
You've gone too far this time Lad
An Australian and the definition of manliness.
An overlord on a throne who speaks telepathically.
A mysterious cosmic being, with many different functions and appearances.
- Body Horror: A rather extreme example. The original design had planet Earth as Dad's bulge and his chin is so long that it pierced through Mars, Jupiter and Saturn like there's no tomorrow! While the redesign resembles Lad but even more ridiculously grotesque and his offspring (which appears to be Virgin, Chad and Thad respectively) grows out of his chin. Also, his penis is literally the size of a large car and causes Dad to suffer excruciating pain every time it's dragged around the ground.
- Eldritch Abomination: Duh.
- Gag Haircut: Even more ridiculous than Lad's.
The God of the Chadiverse, Gad represents the most absurd and exaggerated way of doing something.
- Big Good: He has to be, as the God of the Chadiverse.
- Dark and Troubled Past: If he used to be a Lad.
- Functional Addict: He (sometimes) has a love for methamphetamines, but it doesn't stop him from serving as the God of the Chadiverse.
- The "functional" part goes out the window during the Gizzardverse arc, when Cad sells him an "Every Drug Mixture".
- Multi-Armed and Dangerous: His 8 sperm cells transformed into Chad arms due to their fertility.
- Multiple-Choice Past: Some claim he was once a Lad who went through some sort of dark ritual to become a god, but others say he existed before the beginning of the Chadiverse. Both might be possible through the use of a Stable Time Loop.
- Physical God
- Weapon of Choice: The Sword of Chadstace. It's mainly used for punishing reposters, but can be used for other purposes as well.
"Zoo wee mama now my parents will finally love me!"A mix of Chad and a Tonka truck. He bangs lots of Stacies.
- Body Horror: Aside from the Stylistic Suck, he looks hideously deformed albeit in a goofy manner.
- Cargo Ship: He fucks Tonka trucks, and is the result of a Chad fucking a Tonka truck.
- Catchphrase: "Tonka Tonka!"
- Crazy Awesome
- Creator's Pet: To just about everybody; even if they don't include Shlad in their memes, they'll upvote comments about him.
- Ensemble Dark Horse: He was originally created as a parody of bad fanmade OCs, but grew to be more popular than any of them.
- Gag Penis: One even longer and more grotesque than Lad's, but it doesn't really seem to bother him.
- Really Gets Around
- Stylistic Suck: All characters are this to an extent, but Shlad takes the cake. Emphasis on the "stylish".
Characters Between Virgin and Chad
A regular guy, for memes where that doesn't apply to the Virgin.
A poseur that tries to be like Chad superficially, but fails, and just ends up looking like a massive Jerkass.
- The Bully: He bullies Virgins and Basics out of insecurity.
- Butt-Monkey: He takes a lot of abuse in memes due to his Jerkass personality.
- The Chew Toy: Considering how much of a Jerkass he is, it's hard to feel sorry for him.
- Friendless Background: He's mentioned to have no real friends.
- Gag Haircut: One which superficially resembles Chad's, but just ends up looking dumb.
- Inferiority Superiority Complex
- Jerkass: He lacks Chad's charisma and his attempts to replicate Chad's self-confident swagger come off as cruel and petty.
- Jerk Jock
- Perpetual Frowner: He constantly looks anxious and angry.
- Teeny Weenie: Even worse than Virgin; his penis is completely absent.
- Throw the Dog a Bone: Most memes will include at least one good or cool thing about him.
A scam artist with a 20s-40s vibe. He comes up with get-rich-quick schemes and has it in for Chad.
- The Chew Toy: Zig-zagged. He is said to win as often as he loses, although his losses tend to be a lot more humiliating while his wins are (at most) getting laid or pulling off a scam.
- Creepy Crossdresser: When he escapes into the Gacyverse.
- Dick Dastardly Stops to Cheat: He always stops to cheat, even when playing fair would be better for him.
- Dastardly Whiplash
- Even Evil Has Standards: Yes, he's a selfish Jerkass who cons people out of their hard-earned (or in Brad's case, hard-inherited) money and slaps his henchmen. But even he is horrified by the results of his selling Gad an every-drug mixture, and would not have done so if he knew what would happen.
- Hoist by His Own Petard: Often his downfall.
- Nonstandard Character Design: He faces right, whereas most characters face left.
- Phrase Catcher: "Oh Cad, you scoundrel!"
- Throw the Dog a Bone: As mentioned above, he gets as many wins as loses. Most often when he gets away with scamming Brad.
- Unknown Rival: Chad has no idea that Cad hates him.
- Unwitting Instigator of Doom: Selling Gad an every drug mixture.
Virgin Tier Characters
A character that takes everything bad about the Virgin, and takes it Up to Eleven.
- Body Horror: His neck is craned incredibly far forwards, his hands are horribly mangled, and his hair resembles tentacles.
- Dark Is Not Evil: He's a horrifying abomination that barely even looks human. He's also so polite that he's grown angel wings.
- Humanoid Abomination: Seems to be one. His build is superficially humanoid, but with bizarre, completely inhuman attributes. In some cases, he doesn't even speak except for screeching.
- Insult to Rocks: Calling him a loser is an insult to losers.
- No Mouth: The original Wizard doesn't have a mouth, but the new one does.
- Non-Indicative Name: Despite being called the Wizard, he doesn't have any magical powers. Not even gaining them would improve his social standing.
- Perma-Stubble: A trait that both templates share.
- Super Speed: While the Virgin just walks slightly faster than usual, the Wizard can walk at lightspeed.
- The Other Darrin: There are actually two Wizard templates in use. The first one is from the original meme and is a direct exaggeration of the Virgin, while the second is modeled more as an exaggeration of the Neckbeard.
An even more pathetic version of the Virgin.
- Butt-Monkey: Everyone bullies him, even the Virgin.
- The Eeyore: Years of bullying have eroded all his emotions except for anger and sadness.
- Gag Haircut: Not even the meme can say anything about his haircut.
- Straw Misogynist: His complete inability to get laid has turned him into quite the sexist. He's also too wimpy to play it off as a He-Man Woman Hater.
- Teeny Weenie: He's constantly trying out experimental drugs to extend his micropenis.
An even more pathetic version of the Virgin, and the last stage before the Wizard.
- Basement-Dweller: The classical image of one.
- Fat Bastard: He's repulsively obese due to only moving to play video games and wank.
- Jerkass: He gains mild sexual pleasure from annoying people on the internet.
- Otaku: He looks the part, carrying around a body pillow and wearing a fedora at all times.
- Teeny Weenie: His has completely withered away, due to too much wanking to pedophilic furry porn.
- Then Let Me Be Evil: His portrayal can come across as this; he's obviously an unpleasant person but there's a self-satisfied air to him.
- Walking Shirtless Scene: An extreme example of the Fan Disservice variety.
The opposite of Thad, the Grand Wizard is a direct exaggeration of everything bad about the Wizard.
- Body Horror: To an even worse degree than the regular Wizard.
- Fat Bastard: Incredibly obese, to the point where his legs are crushed by his immense mass and he can't reach his headphones.
- Horrifying the Horror: He is immortal, because Death refuses to take him.
- Insult to Rocks: According to the original template, calling him a wizard is an insult to Wizards.
- Obliviously Evil: The Grand Wizard thinks he's all right.
- Walking Wasteland: Because he never washes, he's surrounded by a thick toxic cloud. Anyone within 100 miles will die, and anyone within 1000 miles will contract cancer.
The opposite of Lad, the Wraith is so Virgin he loops back around to being adored.
- Adorkable: An odd example. While the Wraith is very obviously not adorable in the traditional sense, he's so degenerate that the pity people feel for him manifests as genuine love and admiration.
- Body Horror: Resembles a hybrid between a man, a spider, and a camel, with human flesh.
- Kavorka Man: Ugly as sin, but apparently gets as many Stacies as Chad himself.
- Ugly Cute: In-Universe.
- The Woobie: Exploited.
The Chadiverse equivalant of the Devil.
- Big Bad: He's the source of all creepy virgin energy.
- Brilliant, but Lazy: His eight heads can see the actions of all life in the universe... but he chooses not to, like a true Wizard.
- Eldritch Abomination: He looks far more disturbing and inhuman than any other character in the meme.
- Physical God
- Tsundere: Sometimes this to Gad.
The female version of the Virgin.
- Distaff Counterpart: To Virgin.
The female version of Chad. The goal of every male character is to have sex with her.
The female version of Thad.
The female version of Lad.
The female version of Gad, and the Goddess of the Chadiverse.
The female version of Brad.
The female version of the Wizard.
- Bald Women: Due to constant stress, all her hair has fallen out. She wears a headpiece made from cat hair.
- Crazy Cat Lady: She owns dozens of cats, but not even they see her as friends, and she's constantly covered in scratches.
- Distaff Counterpart: To Wizard.
- Inept Mage: The only spell she knows is one that makes everyone leave the room in disgust.
The female version of the Incel.
The female version of the Neckbeard.