Protagonists and Rival
- Bilingual Bonus: The name Viol in French translates to rape.
- Cloudcuckoolander: Keksandra, as the rival. She speaks almost entirely in memes, doesn't really care about her journey, and seems very detached from reality.
- Expy: Viol and Keksandra are based off of 4chan-tans for /vp/ and [s4s].
- Nice Guy: Both of them are relatively friendly people, even the competitive Viol.
- Skirt over Slacks: Keksandra's official artwork has her wearing black shorts underneath her dress.
- Spirited Competitor: Viol. He even quotes Smogon from time to time.
- Expy: To Frank Reynolds of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. Stump shares his looks, his lab theme is the theme song to IASIP, and his pre-fight dialogue is also from the show.
- Stump: I'm a wild animal, I'M THE TRASHMAN!
- Handicapped Badass: In spite of his leg stump and an extent of eyesight problem, he's able to give a challenging battle to the protagonist.
- Hand Wave: He excuses the need to ask your gender as being "fuckin' blind".
- Hidden Depths: He seems like a crusty old man. But he's an accomplished trainer, and genuinely enjoys seeing you grow to become an impressive trainer yourself.
- Meaningful Name: "Stump", as in not only his pegleg, but the rooted remains of a chopped-down tree, tying in to the Theme Naming of other Pokémon professors.
- Secret Keeper: Specifically, he knows that your mother is the champion of the Fochun region.
The same Gym Leader from the original game. You can skip him, but he will not take kindly to that decision.
- Berserk Button: He does not like to be skipped over. If you do, he will double down with a team of six with levels comparable to the last Gym Leader's.
- Dishing Out Dirt: Just like in the Kanto games, he specializes in Rock-types.
- Not His Sled: When you speak to him after your battle with him, he'll mention that you'll need to fight Tumblrita next, and not Misty.
- Sequence Breaking: It is possible to skip Brock's gym, but doing so will have him change his team as payback.
- Signature Mon: Chompest, regardless of when you fight him.
- Years Too Early: Like in Fire Red, there is a trainer that tells you that you're light years away from beating Brock, only that it can be taken in a literal manner; there is a teleporter that brings you light years into spece, where Brock resides on some meteor.
- Expy: Tumblrita looks similar to Misty, with the only different being having highlights at the end of her hair and wearing a different type of shorts.
- Making a Splash: Like her original counterpart, she uses Water-type Pokémon. Her sole exception is her Caroline, which is likely used because the species are exclusively female.
- Official Couple: With Polk, as revealed the next time you meet her in the Inawoods Lodge.
- The Smurfette Principle: She is the only Gym Leader who is female.
- Sore Loser: Similar to Whitney, she does not take losing well, and you will need to talk to her to get your badge.
- Signature Mon: Sjwhale.
- Straw Feminist: She's based on the stereotypical Tumblr feminist, who hates men and constantly accuses anyone who even looks at her of being a rapist.
- The Computer Is a Cheating Bastard: His Mooshock is at a lower level than it can be obtained at.
- Geek Physiques: He's a tech expert who's on a chubby side.
- L33t L1ng0: Somehow, he always speak in this. He does admit that speaking it hurts, though.
- Konami Code: How to bypass the door blocking his path. You get hints from his Trainers on the code.
- Shock and Awe: Specializes in Electric-types.
- Shout-Out: Is inspired by Anonymous, complete with a Guy Fawkes mask.
- Signature Mon: Mooshock, but he's also quite fond of Anonymouse.
- Green Thumb: He specializes in Grass-types.
- No Celebrities Were Harmed: Based on Snoop Dogg and his weed smoking.
- Playing with Fire: Despite specializing in the Grass-type, he carries two Fire types: Ignut and Marleyzard. Justified in that the former evolves from a Grass-type and the latter is part Grass.
- Signature Mon: Marleyzard.
- The Stoner: Smokes so much, his gym is filled with smoke.
- Brain in a Jar: In the Inawoods Lodge, he casual reveals that he had been one in his gym, before gaining a robotic body.
- Hologram: In his gym, he is in a blue hologram form.
- Leitmotif: Has a unique Gym theme, a remix of Radio Ga Ga.
- Psychic Powers: Uses Psychic-type Pokémon.
- No Celebrities Were Harmed: Not that it matters since the queen of rock is long gone. However, in this game, he came back as a spirit, and later, as a cyborg.
- Our Spirits Are Different: Subverted. Freddie said that he came back in spirit, but that's figuratively. In reality, his brain was preserved in the gym.
- Signature Mon: Tripsius.
- Unexplained Recovery: When you rematch him, he'll be brought back to life as a cyborg.
- Determinator: Is willing to fight as a Gym Leader despite his illness.
- Poisonous Person: Kanye specializes in training Poison-type Pokémon.
- No Celebrities Were Harmed: He's clearly based on Kanye West.
- Shout-Out: Named after Kanye West, but his sprite is based off of the Buried Alive copypasta.
- Signature Mon: Ebolable.
- Unexplained Recovery: Kanye manages to recover from his illness.
- Bread, Eggs, Breaded Eggs: In his rematch, he has his Fire-type Finasoven, and Water-type Florigrace (which he uses because of Tumblrita's influence). His third Pokémon is the Water- and Fire-type Gynuke.
- Conspiracy Theorist: During his Nazi rally, he claims that Jews are aliens, and are promotion relations between black people and white people, so they can make gray people.
- Freudian Excuse: He was supposedly kicked out of his hometown by Tumblrita.
- Graceful Loser: He gives the player no qualms after they defeat him in a battle, and hands them the Aryan Badge without complaint.
- Noble Bigot with a Badge: Literally. He'll still give you a Badge after you beat him, even if you aren't Aryan.
- Official Couple: Having a Florigrace as adviced by his GF implies that she has to be a Water- or Grass-type trainer. Your next encounter with him in Innawoods Lodge confirms that he is with Tumblrita.
- Pet the Dog: He uses a Florigrace (a Water/Grass type) in his Gym, because his girlfriend has been encouraging him to accept other ethnic groups.
- Playing with Fire: Specializes in Fire-types.
- Rescue Arc: To fight Polk, you will need to free the Jews that he captured in his gym.
- Signature Mon: Finasoven.
- Those Wacky Nazis: His ace Pokemon is based on a gas chamber, enough said.
Darude himself. He is responsible for the Gym Leader Battle theme, which is his famous Sandstorm. Like Giovanni, he appears after fighting the previous Gym Leaders.
- Dishing Out Dirt: Primarily uses Ground-types.
- Extra-ore-dinary: He also uses Steel-types, as half of his team is made up of that, and that's not counting the Ground/Steel Somboludo.
- No Celebrities Were Harmed: Is based on Darude.
- Signature Mon: Potarded.
- Weather Manipulation: His gym constantly has a sandstorm brewing (how appropriate).
Elite Four and Champion
Your mother. After you battle any trainer or wild Pokémon, you can go to her to heal off any damage your Pokémon may received. However, after you win against the Elite Four, your mom will challenge you as the Champion of the Fochun Region.
- No Name Given: Her given name is still unrevealed.
- Olympus Mons: She carries a Baddon.
- Skirt over Slacks: Her official artwork shows her wearing jeans under her apron dress.
- The Smurfette Principle: She is the only league member who is female.
- Signature Mon: A Level 99 Masdawg.
- Your Mom: Her name after the title is literally "Your mom".
- Signature Mon: Somboludo.