- Fantastic Races
- Living Objects
- Other Creatures
open/close all folders
The Otherworldly Rulers
Azathoth, Emperor of Nebulous Cosmic Beings (The Daemon Sultan, The Blind Idiot God, the Nuclear Chaos)
- Outer God (in other words, and Overdeity)
- Symbol: A concentric circle. No, not concentric circles; a concentric circle, singular. Does your brain hurt yet?
- Alignment: None, though its' come off as Chaotic Neutral or Dark-Law at times, and is considered Deep Blue by its peers.
- Portfolio: Eldritch Abomination, The End of the World as We Know It (and even as we don't), being unfathomable, eating reality, batshit crazy God, Almighty Idiot, source of all chaos, creating the universe, villainy through ignorance, Top God, Cosmic Horror Story
- Domains: Darkness, Water, Space, Mentalism, Hunger, Chaos, Reality, Fear.
- Special relationship with: Nyarko ("daughter"), Yog-Sothoth (grandson), Cthulhu (great-great grandson)
- Associates: Dream, YHVH
- "Friends"(if you can call it that): Billy, Giygas
- Enemies: None. No-one is stupid enough to antagonize Azathoth
- Above the Old Ones, above even the Outer Gods is the creator of the Cthulhu Mythos-Azathoth. Unfortunately for everyone, Azathoth is not good, bad or even sentient; Azathoth is a mindless, blind idiot of a god who created the universe without even knowing of it. It is surrounded by musicians that blare maddening tunes to keep it sleeping, dwelling in the center of the universe it will be just as oblivious to when it destroys it.
- While even thinking about Azathoth for too long is enough to drive a mortal mad, any god in the Pantheon can have a conversation with him with the only side-effect being a mild headache. However, very few gods do this willingly, because as Dream said, "He's a bit of an idiot, and I can't stand that otherworldly techno music he constantly blares." As such, he usually uses his messenger Nyarlathotep as a middle man whenever he thinks of something to say, which doesn't happen often.
- There is speculation on Azathoth's Character Alignment. Officially, it has none due to being an Almighty Idiot, and if the day comes that it ever awakens it would demonstrate Blue and Orange Morality. But its avatar Nyarlathotep is believed to be its disembodied consciousness and soul, this suggests that when awakened Azathoth would be an extremely malevolent deity. This is only confused with the clearly alien-morality Yog-Sothoth being an aspect of it. Most people just give up on trying to figure Azathoth out.
- Giygas is the closest thing Azathoth has to a friend, due to being just as mind-breakingly insane and dangerous.
- Billy is the only being in the pantheon dumb enough to understand Azathoth. Even when driving him crazy, Billy didn't feel any different. Mandy considered what to do with this, but quickly decided to stay the Hell away from the Outer God.
- Spent some time in the Duel Terminal universe in a much weaker form. None know yet why it did so.
- Might or might not be a leader of a galaxy wide police organization in another universe. Fortunately for Nyarko, this Azathoth has no idea on this role so she doesn't have to obey his commands. Same applies to Cuuko and Hasta, who work for the same organization.
- Nyarly doesn't have to follow Azathoth since he technically isn't quite the same Nyarlathotep as the one in Lovecraftian works.
- For reasons only the Outer Gods can understand, it manifested in the SMT Multiverse as a Dark-Law demon. YHVH found this a lot of help, but the form Azathoth took wasn't nearly as strong. In general, Azathoth may be powerful for the side of Law, but its The Millstone in practice. Of course, even YHVH knows not to piss the Daemon Sultan off.
- Analysis has shown that the cosmos Azathoth created is in fact the omniverse's biggest recorded Living Dream with all in the Cthulhu Mythos; the entire Lovecraftian Multiverse is its dream. As such, many gods pray it never awakens. Enemies of Azathoth's descendants consider trying to wake it up, as it'd result in their destruction.
- One of Dream's active duties in the pantheon include making sure Azathoth stays asleep. The other Outer Gods always dread these meetings, as they're completely dwarfed in power when he visits.
- Note that while Azathoth itself would cause the destruction of a given multiverse, killing it isn't an option. For example, Demonbane once managed to kill it, what almost caused a multiversal destruction to it's very core, forcing Mugen to combine all of the universes together to create a way to allow Azathoth to be reborn in some way. Let the Blind Idiot sleep.
- Heretical sects and worshipers of Azathoth state that Blind Idiot God is the true Top God of the pantheon, not the Holy Trinity. Very few buy into these rumors, but many accept it is of comparable strength to them. None of the Holy Trinity is particularly concerned however, as Azathoth has no self-awareness to threaten them.
The King of All Cosmos
The King of All Cosmos, The High Deity of Unusual Gods
- Theme Song: "Fugue 7777".
- Greater God
- Symbol: A Katamari.
- Alignment: True Neutral
- Portfolio: Really Weird Gods, Destroying things by accident,Speaking In The Third Person, Looming Shadows, Cute First Love Stories.
- Domain: Celestia, Competition, Family, Moon, Renewal, Sun.
- Allies: Rosalina.
- His many nephews and nieces provided the Pantheon with the stars in the sky. The fact that the King himself oftentimes screws up and causes their destruction is usually overlooked, because he always returns things to the way they were.
- Also has a spot on the Main House.
Zetta, Badass Freakin' Overlord of the Netherworld
- Theme Song: "Darkness Darkness".
- Greater God
- Symbol: The Sacred Tome (specifically, the form it took when he was previously confined to it).
- Alignment: Chaotic Neutral (post-sealing; previously Chaotic Evil)
- Portfolio: Sealed Evil In A Book (formerly), Butt Monkeys, Failed Attempts to Screw Destiny, Noble Demons, Sociopathic Heroes, Heroic Comedic Sociopaths, Wish Givers, Prinnies, Hamminess, Being A Ridiculously Overprotective Father (and being too damn proud to admit it).
- Domain: Chaos, Creation, Domination, Hades, The Abyss
- Opposed by: Laharl, the Slimes, Asagi Asagiri
- Rivals: Valvatorez
- Despite being confined to a book for a good portion of his life, Zetta still manages to control much of the underworld (at least, the parts not already owned by Laharl) with his ability to create anything he wants via the wishes of his subordinates.
- Also has a spot in the Main House.
- Upon regaining his body, many feared what he could potentially unleash. However, upon meeting his daughter from the future, Petta, he has been more concerned with making sure she is properly taken of, although he is quick to deny it. In fact, he begrudgingly followed Laharl's orders in order to keep his overprotectiveness a secret even though everyone could easily see through him.
- Petta's gentle personality can be reminded of if shared by the right person. You don't want to harm anyone who reminds him of her either. Like Madoka. When YHVH's plot to kill her got revealed, Zetta flew into a Papa Wolf rage and joined "The Pantheonic Rebellion.
- The House of Prophecy has been asked to keep any prophecies regarding Zetta to themselves as it was a prophecy that ultimately lead to the destruction of his Netherworld (He destroyed the book that held his Netherworld together when a page called him stupid).
The Lady of Pain
The Lady of Pain, The Unknowable (Her Serenity, the Bladed Queen, The Lady)
- Unknown Rank, but her power is at least at Overdeity levels
- Symbol: Her face surrounded by a bladed collar.
- Alignment: We have no idea.
- Portfolio: Beings that defy understanding, flaying her victims and worse, being feared by all, refusing to be seen as a god, Responding to worshippers with extreme violence, prisons designed for specific beings, being forever mysterious
- Domains: Nobody knows if she even has any domains, or what they might be, and no one's brave enough to ask.
- Enemies: Anyone who annoys her. For your own sake, don't.
- Allies: None, nor any followers or worshipers. None that are still around, anyway.
- The Lady of Pain did not ascend, not that anyone ever saw. She just simply appeared one day and began wandering between Pantheons without a word. No one is even entirely sure if it's really her or someone similar to her, and no one is about to try and find out.
- Aside from looking like a woman, the Lady of Pain is an utter enigma. Any attempts to communicate with her from Gods of any alignments end poorly for the Gods. Why she has come here is unknown. It has been rumored that the Lady of Pain arrived sensing a great battle brewing, and that when the final battle of the GUAG and the GUAE comes, she will cosmically reset everything to its previous state.
- Visitors who have the ill fortune to see the Lady of Pain are advised to advert their eyes and not approach her or acknowledge her presence in any way, then evacuate the area immediately. Mentioning her name in any circumstance is also not a good idea.
- There is a rumor that the Lady Of Pain is in fact nine squirrels stacked together. You Do Not Want To Know what happened to the originator of that rumor.
Eternity, Grand Representative of Cosmic Beings (Necessity, Adam Kadmon)
- Rank: Greater God (Overdeity within the Marvel Universe or as Multi-Eternity)
- Symbol: A clockwork galaxy
- Theme Song: "Eternity Theme."
- Alignment: True Neutral
- Portfolio: Cosmic Entity, Personification of the Universe, Nigh Omnipotence, Celestial Body, Time Incarnate, The Worf Effect
- Domains: Time, Space, Magic
- Allies: Doctor Strange, Galactus (his "brother"), Death (Supernatural), The Status Quo
- Enemies: Dormammu, Rassilon, The Anti-Monitor
- Opposes: Lucifer, Harbringer
- Eternity is the living embodiment of his home universe, and while powerful is not the strongest of his ilk. But as one of the eldest and more iconic, he was made their overall representative. Eternity treats fellow cosmic beings with great respect, often as a host for their enjoyment
- In spite of his enormous power, many lesser gods have overpowered him. To try and stop this from happening and save face amongst the other cosmic beings, he is currently training in the House of Combat to better defend himself and the Marvel Universe.
- Eternity is good friends with Stephen Strange, who've helped each other out on numerous occasions. After becoming part of the pantheon, he and Death have gotten on quite well, bonding over their sharing experience at "usurper brats who don't know their place." Eternity hasn't gotten the time to eat pizza with Death though, since Galactus keeps stealing it.
- In spite of(or probably because) his providence, He is relatively neutral to the conflicts in the pantheon...so long as they don't interfere with his duties. As such, he has allied with the Status Quo
- Dislikes Lucifer and Harbringer. Not because he sees them as a threat, though. It's just that it brings up bad memories of when Thanos overrided him
- As the personification of time, Rassilon constantly seeks to subvert Eternity to his will. He's on his permanent blacklist for the time he tried to destroy time altogether.
- He also has a lesser known "sister"/other self, Infinity, who personifies space. In addition, the Eternity in the pantheon is but a facet of a multiversal Cosmic Entity known as "Multi-Eternity", present throughout his multiverse.
Grandfather Paradox, Minor God of the Temporal Paradox and God of All Potential Evil and Despair in the Universe
- Corrupt Time Lord, long thought to be a potential form of the Doctor shaped by despair, fear and evil. Power levels unapplicable due to his very nature.
- Symbol: A bone mask. Of a creature that never existed in the first place.
- Alignment: Varies (CN, though the Faction has done stuff that horrifies CE).
- Portfolio: Temporal Paradoxes, Living Shadows, Future Me Scares Me, Clock Roaches, Evil Counterparts, Mind Screw, Recursive Reality, Self-Made Orphan, Skeletons in the Coat Closet, Captain Ersatz and Unperson. Minor Nightmare Fuel deity as well.
- Followers: Faction Paradox, a cult worshipping paradox itself. Once brought the Doctor into his fold.
- Domains: Paradox, Ritual, Voodoo, Magitek, Time, Distortion, Corruption, Shadow, Reality
- Grandfather Paradox has every single face ever to exist under his mask. As the living embodiment of all potential evil and despair in the multiverse, he can manifest as anybody who's watching in the form of a future where they have drowned in the darkness of their own souls. He actively strives to negate all forms of immortality and order as a form of revenge against the Doctor's stability and rationality.
- He founded a subdimensional realm known as the Eleven-Day Empire by breaking off eleven days that never happened out of Earth's history. After the Faction was fully set in, he faded into the Void, but is eagerly expected back. His brand of magitek is a direct mockery of technology and works alongside voodoo principles.
- There is a reason for which virtually no god ever wants to go to the Eleven-Day Empire - the Eldritch Abominations protecting it, the fact only half of the laws of reality seem to work at a time in there, the natives, the strange, strange technology, some of the largest hams known to man, the eternally burning skies, the Living Shadows, the living timeships, the fact nearly everybody is either a Magnificent Bastard, a Manipulative Bastard or in training to become one of either (or both), the fact anybody's history could get erased or rewritten beyond recognition by a wrong move, and of course, this War in Heaven everybody seems to be talking about...