open/close all folders
J. R. R. Tolkien
John Ronald Reuel Tolkien, God of Languages (J. R. R. Tolkien, CBE FRS)
- Symbol: A Contraction of his Initials.
- Alignment: Neutral Good
- Portfolio: High Fantasy Series, Cunning Linguistics, Bilingual Bonus, Cash Cow Franchises, Trope Namers, Never Giving Up.
- Domains: Languages, Literature.
- Followers: Every fantasy writer, though some don't like to admit it.
- Underlings: Eru Ilúvatar, Melkor, Sauron, Aragorn, Samwise "Sam" Gamgee, Frodo and Bilbo Baggins, Smaug.
- Allies: Alan Wake, Joanne Murray, Terry Pratchet, every Good Deity in the Houses of Quirks and Narrative.
- Tolkien has created more languages than you can speak, the most notable being the elfic language.
- Tolkien and his underling Sauron would like to remind you that The One Ring is not a metaphor for drugs or nukesnote .note
- He's the only God who can understand the entire Pantheon without reading thoughts.
- Believe it or not, doesn't like allegory.
- The Silmarillion was developed in the last days of his mortal life... and years later, his son Christopher completed the work and published it. Had it not for that, neither Eru nor Melkor have made important roles in the Trope Pantheon.
Donald Duck, God of The Unintelligible (Donald Fauntleroy Duck, Paperinik, Maui Mallard, The Court Magician)
- Intermediate God (Greater God as Paperinik or when with Sora and Goofy)
- Symbol: His Sailor Hat; his staff (in Kingdom Hearts)
- Alignment: Chaotic Neutral (Chaotic Good in Kingdom Hearts)
- Portfolio: The Unintelligible, Berserk Button, Butt-Monkey, The Chew Toy, Feather-Trigger Temper.
- Domains: Chaos, Suffering, Rage, Magic, Toons.
- Followers: Most of Scandinavia
- Allies: Huey, Dewey, and Louie (his three nephews), Mickey Mouse, Pluto, Goofy, Otacon, Carmelita Fox, Bugs Bunny (neutrally), Dimitri Lousteau, Sly Cooper, Bentley Turtle, Murray Hippo, Sora, Riku, Scrooge McDuck, Roger Rabbit, C-3PO and R2-D2, Tron, Ed, Numbuh Four, Jak, Daxter
- Rival: Gladstone Gander, Daffy Duck
- Enemies: Terumi, Bernkastel, Izaya, Handsome Jack, Basco, The Joker, Team Rocket, Penelope Mouse
- Opposes: Funny Valentine, Enrico Pucci
- Respected By: The Professor (who is just as unlucky as he is)
- Though they bicker a lot, Donald is who Mickey would consider his greatest ally. They go way back. REAL way back.
- Has become a favorite target for "Trollkaiger" seeing how easy it is to make him angry with explosive and hilarious results. Their initial salvo round of trolling began with Bernkastel showing him a kaekra shard where he is a poorly drawn psychopath while Terumi put images of the most vulgar strips directly into his mind. Izaya troll texts Donald's cell phone with the phrase "Gooby pls." Needless to say, Donald has currently asked several fellow toon gods for ideas on how to get back at "Trollkaiger".
- He spends a lot of time in the House of Magic, practicing different types of spells. However, he's really not good at surviving being attacked by them.
- In one universe, he has been able to fight against super villains, alien armies and space pirates with tech comparable to that of many gods in the House of Technology, proving that he might have some rather dangerous potential hidden deep inside.
- And in another universe, it was discovered that he was both a detective AND a ninja who battled pirates and zombies. It is currently unknown how his powers can vary so greatly from universe to universe.
- He's been known to have piano duels with Daffy Duck in the House of Music occasionally, which always result in violence and a lot of chaos. Such duels have since gotten the two banned from any pianos, but they both agree that their duels are not as chaotic (and deadly) as a certain starfish's infamous song.
- Donald is said to have a terrible singing voice. When he once took part in a musical, Ariel was too love struck to sing, and Donald offered to take her place. Sora was quick to tell him off. Another incident was when he tried to perform a duet with Octavio, which caused a chandelier to drop on the audience and Octavio to remember the time he performed a duet with Bentley Turtle, which got himself beaten to an inch of his life and thrown in jail.
- Donald is also known to be quite greedy, as evidenced when he visited the Cave of Wonders in search of a "treasure fit for a sultan" to give to the Peddler, as well as when Sora and Goofy thought that they would lose Donald to the curse of the Aztec treasure. Because of this, everyone has to keep an eye on Donald whenever they visit any place with loads of treasure.
- If Donald is seen hiccupping, stay away from him, since his hiccups are contagious unless you have a pineapple onhand.
- When Gleeber and Lunk were searching for candidates for their "Galactic Games", Jak, Daxter, Ratchet, Clank, Sora, and Donald were all chosen to take part. However, due to the incident at Castle Oblivion, the latter two were "unavailable" and replaced with Sly and Bentley. Donald would later confront the duo in what remained of their rocket and force them to be used as "dummies" for his magic practice. What happened to those two remains classified, but rumor has it that they were made into soup for Daisy.
- Often seen as the Foil to Murray Hippo, in which they are both the Lovable Cowards of their respective trios who'd later lose their cowardice to help their friends, and are even drive the team vehicle. Of course, their style of battle is contrasting, with Murray relying on strength, and Donald relying on magic.
- Got dragged into "Project: Alternate!Gentaro" by Sora when he promised Matt Hardy that he would find a way to restore Jeff to normal. After a failed mission in the castle, Sora got kidnapped by Courtney Gears, but Donald and Goofy, along with Numbuh Four, saved him. However, after only a few days, Sora was lost to the asylum, and his friends teamed up with the (then) Hacking Trio to save him.
- Donald even showed off his "Paperinik" side briefly when he singlehandedly took control over Humongous. Too bad it exploded before he could really show off.
- Donald will take on the form of a Mummy whenever it is Halloween or a Friday the 13th between January and Octobernote (compared to Sora as a vampire and Goofy as a Frankenstein's Monster expy). He once explained that he hated being "wrapped like a Mummy" at first, but soon got used to it, and even found it to be fun. Also, during any Friday the 13th in November and December, Donald will taken on the form of a Snowduck (compared to Sora's vampire-Santa hybrid, and Goofy's reindeer-like costume), which was created from his willingness to serve as Santa's bodyguard.
- Donald also has other known forms, often created from his own magic, but the only other one he ever took on in the pantheon is his digital armor. Most of them, he's willing to admit with pride, but he would not like to be reminded of the one time he was (accidently) turned into a frog.
- Has probably the most expansive (or one of biggest, at the very least) job resumes in the entire Pantheon. While he mainly works as a coin cleaner for Scrooge (or whatever job Scrooge needs relatively free labour force to), with another fairly common job being working at a margarine factory, he has had ridiculous amounts of jobs over the years. Though most of them have ended really quickly, or ended in a disaster.
If you SMELL...what the Rock is cookin'! The Rock, God of Catch Phrases (Dwayne Johnson, The People's Champ, Rocky, The Brahma Bull, The Most Electrifying Man in Sports Entertainment, The Great One, Maui)
- Theme Song: "The Rock Says". "Your Welcome" as Maui.
- Greater God
- Symbol: His Bull Tattoo, with the trademark eyebrow. As Maui, that would be his magic fishhook.
- Alignment: Currently Chaotic Good, but has been known to have revolved around the entire alignment spectrum (save for Chaotic Evil)
- Portfolio: Professional Wrestling, Bald of Awesomeness, Badass Baritones, Hot-Blooded, Tall, Dark and Snarky, The People's Eyebrow, Formerly Hated Star, Third-Person Person, Catch Phrases, Big Thick Ham Steak Wrapped In Bacon And Stuffed Into A Suckling Pig With A Can Of Spam In Its Mouth Served On A Plate Of Porkchops, Rock Bottom (not THAT), The People's Elbow, sort of a prick to everyone, but is ultimately good at heart.
- Domain: Strength, Wrestling, Charisma, Theater.
- Boss: Vince McMahon.
- Allies: BRIAN BLESSED, James T. Kirk, Dominic Toretto (via his avatar, DSS Agent Lucas "Luke" Hobbs), Conrad S. Hauser/Duke (under the guise of Marvin F. Hinton/Roadblock), Moana
- Rivals: Stone Cold Steve Austin and John Cena, CM Punk.
- Vitriolic Best Buds with: Mick Foley.
- FINALLY.... THE ROCK HAS COME BACK TO THE PANTHEON!
- At one point he was a complete straight good guy, and surprisingly utterly hated as the worst of the worst. Gotten sick of it, he finally breaks away his 'goody two shoes' persona and does a lot of fabulous hammy, charismatic speech, and THAT eyebrow, while kicking much ass in process. As a result, he quickly rose into stardom and becomes 'The People's Champ', not looking behind anymore. When these words are heard, people knew that he has changed...
"Die, Rocky, Die." That's the gratitude I get from you pieces of crap? For all my blood, my sweat and my tears?!
- It was also at that point that he makes himself known as an awesome Catch-Phrase machine. Every of his words are considered so catchy and awesome, it's nearly always going to be oft-quoted or become a slogan for a promo and becoming the God who rules over catch phrases. Well, you might be wondering which Catch-Phrase is the best of the best — IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT YOU THINK THE ROCK'S BEST CATCH PHRASE IS!!
- His followers, known as "The Millions", as well as his personal army known as "Team Bring It", are the source of power for his most devestating attack: The Peoples Elbow. After throwing any of his belongings to nearby onlookers, no matter how small or insignificant, he runs over his opponents body as energy from the people gathers to his elbow, that he later uses to unleash a powerful blow towards his opponent's chest. This move is almost guaranteed to gain a victory for him if he has enough support for it... or if his opponent can lay down on the ground long enough.
- Whenever he visits the House of Love, all the Goddesses become wet...with perspiration!
- Is good friends with Captain Kirk, but The Rock says that he would defend his place in the Pantheon if that jabroni William Shatner (Kirk's alter ego) wants to contest for it. But The Rock has already had a backup place in the house of Personal Appearance as the God of Eyebrows should he fail to defend it... but that's unlikely because that jabroni never stands a chance! That old throne was supposedly for Large Ham, but The Rock found a higher calling so he willingly left his old house for that higher calling.
- Fought against John Cena in two consecutive Wrestlemania events, proving that he can still go up against (and in the case of their first encounter, beat) one of the biggest names that the world of wrestling has to offer. Ever since that day, he has tried to become a Greater God worthy enough to be in the Main House. Many gods have said that it is impossible. The Rock's response was simple: "THE ROCK WIPES A MONKEY'S ASS WITH THE WORD IMPOSSIBLE!"
- All the members of the Pantheon, especially those from the House of Food, can certainly SMEEEEEELLLLLLL what The Rock... is COOOOKKIIINNNNNGGG!!
- Some deities who chance upon him there would say he's cooking, and serving... "Pie."
- Due to him being Rescued from the Scrappy Heap, he's friends with The Duck Hunt Dog, who eventually became popular with the fanbase after years of being absolutely annoying.
- Sometimes appears as a Polynesian warrior named Maui who likes to shout "YEA-HOO!", or make a mess of things by shifting into various animals. That's how Moana was able to find him.