Narrative, Storytelling and Tropes
This house is commisioned by O-Haruhi-sama as a big library where stories are told from everyone's perspectives (including her own).
It connects in the middle with the Houses of Magic
. Some of their residents used to belong in the House of Theater
as a result of a separation.
The Book of Trope is localized right here.
open/close all folders
The Storytelling Preservators
These are the guardians of the House of Narrative.
Haruhi Suzumiya, Goddess of Tropes
(The Unstoppable Force, O-Haruhi-sama
- Theme Music: Hare Hare Yukai.
- Symbol: SOS Dan Logo.
- Alignment: Chaotic Neutral/Chaotic Good
- Portfolio: Tropes, Genki Girls, Being the Girl Goddess, Aliens and Monsters, Academic Athletes, Psionics, Time Travelers, Mutable Hairstyles, Defrosting Ice Queens, Altering Reality, She's Got Legs, Abrasive Yet Secretly Kind-Hearted People, Black Comedy Molestation, Tsunderes, Sweet Girls in Sour Uniforms, Friends to all Children, Deconstructed God Mode.
- Domains: Creation, Chaos, Charm, Destruction, Envy, Mentalism, Tyranny, Resetting the Status Quo.
- Followers: Minori Kushieda, Troy Barnes.
- Much like how the Roman pantheon absorbed those around it, if a fictional group believe in a supreme creator, they're probably thinking about Haruhi.
- Probably Not Kyon's girlfriend.
- A good friend of Adam Young, much to the dismay of Heaven and Hell.
- Some sects believe Haruhi's position rightfully belongs to Sasaki. But since Sasaki herself does not desire this or any other position in the pantheon, this would be a moot heresynote . Likewise, another group of schismatics believe Kyon is the true God of Tropes. He pretends not to hear them.
- Haruhi always keeps her trusty Reset Button, which has caused Status Quo Is God numerous times, such as how Shinji Ikari's moments of happiness get cut short from her pressing it.
- She may have a bit of an ego, but deep down she does care about those around her. Unless you're her enemy.
- Also has a spot in the Main House.
Gen Urobuchi, God of Deconstruction
(Urobutcher, Gen The Butcher)
- Lesser God
- Symbol: The "Love" kanji in his shirt.
- Alignment: True Neutral
- Portfolio: Massive Body Count On His Shows, Deconstructions, Yuri Genre Enthusiasts, Trolling Creators, Darker and Edgier Cosmic Horror Stories, True Art Is Angsty, Being One of Us.
- Domains: Anime and Manga, Character Deaths, Deconstruction.
- Allies: H. P. Lovecraft, Yoshiyuki Tomino, Shotaro Ishinomori.
- Underlings: Madoka Kaname, Sayaka Miki, Homura Akemi, Kyoko Sakura, Mami Tomoe, Charlotte the Dessert Witch and her human form Nagisa Momoe, Kyubey and the Incubators, Kota Kazuraba/Kamen Rider Gaim, Kaito Kumon/Kamen Rider Baron, Mitsuzane Kureshima/Kamen Rider Ryugen, Takatora Kureshima/Kamen Rider Zangetsu, Hideyasu Jonnouchi/Kamen Rider Gridon, Oren Pierre Alfonzo/Kamen Rider Bravo, Yoko Minato/Kamen Rider Malika, Ryoma Sengoku/Kamen Rider Duke, Lock Dealer Sid/Kamen Rider Sigurd, Shogo Makishima.
- Fanboying Towards: Kotaro Minami/Kamen Rider Black (RX).
- Many Deities are impressed that his involvement on Puella Magi Madoka Magica is the reason why his underlings ascended to the Pantheon in first place.
- He's impressed that most of the Armored Riders of Zawame joined to the ranks of the Pantheon, which is pretty meaningful, since Urobuchi is a Kamen Rider fan too.
- After the "Great Upheaval" unfolded, Urobuchi was the first one everyone blamed. To everyone's shock, he WASN'T behind it.
- He used to occupy the throne of Massive Casualties in the House of Life and Death, but was swiftly booted from his position following The Great Upheaval: not only did all five of the main characters survived, he managed to resurrect a sixth one. He was replaced by Yoshiyuki Tomino (the Trope Namer, who was finally compelled to take the job after months of negotiating to keep his damn mecha pilots in line) and reassigned to this position, as his ability to deconstruct genres are second to none.
- Has a Reality Marble known as Dead End Catharsis: Heaven & Hell Drop, which lowers the luck of all characters in his stories by one rank. Urobuchi's ascension to the Pantheon allowed it to affect any character. Be afraid. Be very afraid.
- Has learned of the problems caused by both Kureshima brothers, aka "Project: Alternate Gentaro", but has decided to watch everything unfold, trusting that whoever is writing the story knows what they are doing. He did feel sympathy for Takatora (who is currently stuck under a Mind Rape in the asylum), and felt slightly creeped out at what happened to Mitsuzane (his head sliced off and stuffed into his stomach), but knows that the truth will come to light. He just hopes that none of the other Gaim gods get into any more trouble—he's already having enough with the Great Upheaval and Pantheonic Rebellion as it was!
The Snarl, Tangle of the Threads of Reality
- Eldritch Abomination
- Symbol: A tangled mass of multicolored string.
- Alignment: Chaotic Evil
- Portfolio: Continuity Snarl.
- Domain: Destruction, Chaos.
- The Snarl allegedly arises from the confusion of what trolls are, among other things. However, closer examination has been met with more questions than answers...
- After centuries in the void, the Snarl has shown itself in the Order of the Stick universe. While none of the gods from there know about its appearance yet, the leaders of all four teams, as well as the Trinity, are all concerned due to its ability to erase souls.
- Lord English has found out about the Snarl and is going to try to bend it to its will to wreak havoc on the Pantheon. If he succeeds, the Pantheon will be in danger.