- Adaptations & Continuity
- Naming Convention
- Naming Theme
- Narrative Genres
- Narrative Structure
- Narrative Tone
- Specialized Narratives
- Writing Techniques
open/close all folders
The Storytelling PreservatorsThese are the guardians of the House of Narrative.
Gen Urobuchi, God of Deconstruction (Urobutcher, Gen The Butcher)
- Lesser God
- Symbol: The "Love" kanji in his shirt.
- Alignment: True Neutral
- Portfolio: Massive Body Count On His Shows, Deconstructions, Yuri Genre Enthusiasts, Trolling Creators, Darker and Edgier Cosmic Horror Stories, True Art Is Angsty, Being One of Us.
- Domains: Anime and Manga, Character Deaths, Deconstruction.
- Allies: H. P. Lovecraft, Yoshiyuki Tomino
- Saya no Uta: Fuminori Sakisaka, Saya.
- Puella Magi Madoka Magica: Madoka Kaname, Homura Akemi, Sayaka Miki, Kyoko Sakura, Mami Tomoe, Charlotte the Dessert Witch and her human form Nagisa Momoe, the Incubators.
- Psycho-Pass: Akane Tsunemori, Shinya Kogami, Shogo Makishima.
- Kamen Rider Gaim: Kouta Kazuraba/Kamen Rider Gaim, Kaito Kumon/Kamen Rider Baron, Mitsuzane Kureshima/Kamen Rider Ryugen, Mai Takatsukasa, Takatora Kureshima/Kamen Rider Zangetsu (Shin), Hideyasu Jonouchi/Kamen Rider Gridon, Oren Pierre Alfonzo/Kamen Rider Bravo, Zack/Kamen Rider Knuckle, Yoko Minato/Kamen Rider Marika, Ryoma Sengoku/Kamen Rider Duke, Lock Dealer Sid/Kamen Rider Sigurd, Kogane/Kamen Rider Mars.
- Fanboying Towards: Kotaro Minami/Kamen Rider Black (RX).
- High Priests: Hideaki Anno and Yasuko Kobayashi
- Many Deities are impressed that his involvement on Puella Magi Madoka Magica is the reason why his underlings ascended to the Pantheon in first place.
- He's impressed that most of the Armored Riders of Zawame joined to the ranks of the Pantheon, which is pretty meaningful, since Urobuchi is a Kamen Rider fan too.
- After the "Great Upheaval" unfolded, Urobuchi was the first one everyone blamed. To everyone's shock, he WASN'T behind it.
- In hindsight, of course he wasn't, there were nowhere near enough deaths in it.
- He used to occupy the throne of Massive Casualties in the House of Life and Death, but was swiftly booted from his position following The Great Upheaval: not only did all five of the main characters survived, he managed to resurrect a sixth one. He was replaced by Yoshiyuki Tomino (the Trope Namer, who was finally compelled to take the job after months of negotiating to keep his damn mecha pilots in line) and reassigned to this position, as his ability to deconstruct genres are second to none.
- Has a Reality Marble known as Dead End Catharsis: Heaven & Hell Drop, which lowers the luck of all characters in his stories by one rank. Urobuchi's ascension to the Pantheon allowed it to affect any character. Be afraid. Be very afraid.
- Has learned of the problems caused by both Kureshima brothers, aka "Project: Alternate Gentaro", but has decided to watch everything unfold, trusting that whoever is writing the story knows what they are doing. He did feel sympathy for Takatora (who is currently stuck under a Mind Rape in the asylum), and felt slightly creeped out at what happened to Mitsuzane (his head sliced off and stuffed into his stomach), but knows that the truth will come to light. He just hopes that none of the other Gaim gods get into any more trouble—he's already having enough with the Great Upheaval and Pantheonic Rebellion as it was!
- For the longest time, his and several of his underlings' followers fought over a seemingly endless debate. Eventually, he got tired of it and staked his claim: "Homura is Best Girl." While many were happy to hear his opinion, many started to foam at the mouth because of what he said.
- This is his definition of happy end, sort of, according to Chaldea development:
“Can’t I have this character kill this other character and end it there?”
Haruhi Suzumiya, Goddess of Tropes (The Unstoppable Force, O-Haruhi-sama)
- Theme Music: Hare Hare Yukai.
- Symbol: SOS Dan Logo.
- Alignment: Chaotic Neutral/Chaotic Good
- Portfolio: Tropes, Genki Girls, Being the Girl Goddess, Aliens and Monsters, Academic Athletes, Psionics, Time Travelers, Mutable Hairstyles, Defrosting Ice Queens, Altering Reality, She's Got Legs, Abrasive Yet Secretly Kind-Hearted People, Black Comedy Molestation, Tsunderes, Sweet Girls in Sour Uniforms, Friends to all Children, Deconstructed God Mode.
- Domains: Creation, Chaos, Charm, Destruction, Envy, Mentalism, Tyranny, Resetting the Status Quo.
- Followers: Minori Kushieda, Troy Barnes.
- Extremely Complicated Relationship with: The Spy
- Enemies: Yui Ikari, Yuuki Terumi, Monaca Towa.
- Much like how the Roman pantheon absorbed those around it, if a fictional group believe in a supreme creator, they're probably thinking about Haruhi.
- Odd Friendship: Yoruichi Shihouin.
- Probably Not Kyon's girlfriend.
- A good friend of Adam Young, much to the dismay of Heaven and Hell.
- Some sects believe Haruhi's position rightfully belongs to Sasaki. But since Sasaki herself does not desire this or any other position in the pantheon, this would be a moot heresynote . Likewise, another group of schismatics believe Kyon is the true God of Tropes. He pretends not to hear them.
- Haruhi always keeps her trusty Reset Button, which has caused Status Quo Is God numerous times, such as how Shinji Ikari's moments of happiness get cut short from her pressing it.
- That is until an enrage Yui Ikari stormed through the Main House and almost killed her. Even though she didn't succeed, Yui did destroy the Reset Button, freeing her son.
- She is considered to be the greatest shipmaster in the Pantheon. Many gods have been traumatized as a result.
- She is responsible for revealing the Spy inside the Main House and as a result, allowed him to stay but is forced to follow her while doing so.
- She may have a bit of an ego, but deep down she does care about those around her. Unless you're her enemy.
- Haruhi rejoices at her return to the mortals of the United States with the release of her adventures on DVD and Blu-Ray, and legal streaming September 13th, 2016, after a long time of being away and legally unavailable.
- She is also a member of the Holy Trinity in the Main House.
Terry Pratchett, God of Trope Identificationnote (Pterry, Professor Sir Terence David John Pratchett OBE, DLit, DLit, DLit, DLit, DLit, Blackboard Monitor)
- Symbol: Four giant elephants standing atop an extremely giant turtle
- Alignment: Chaotic Good
- Portfolio: Subversions, Deconstructions, Lampshade Hangings, Justifications
- Domains: Creation, Death, Trickery
- Followers: Gilgamesh (The Epic of Gilgamesh), Akira Takano (School Rumble), Othar Tryggvassen, Gentleman Adventurer! (Girl Genius), Thursday Next
- Rivals: Tarquin thinks he's this. He's never really caught on to why Pterry plays with tropes just for the fun in identifying them, not for gaining power and undying fame through controlling them. Tarquin really doesn't get the point of being a Bard at all. Which is one reason it really isn't a rivalry, beyond the massive power difference between them and Pterry not even being bothered in the least by a Wrong Genre Savvy Big Bad Wannabe.
- Created the Theory of Narrative Causality, the principle which ALL fictional realities have to one degree or another.
- Shed his mortal coil in 12 March 2015 so he could dedicate more time to the fabric of narrativenote itself. According to the Theory of Narrative Causality, this automatically earned him a promotion to Overdeitynote .
- As a tribute to Terry Pratchett, the Radiant and the Dire Ancients decided to put their differences aside for a while to create a new artifact with some help from the Discworld. The Octarine Core. From this day forth, heroes of both the Radiant and the Dire sides may build it to show their gratitude for Terry.
- Also has seats on the Main House and the House of Philosophy.
Zygarde, Collective Deity of Adaptation Expansion (The Order Pokémon, Squishy, Z1, Z2)
- Rank: Quasideities (Zygarde Cell), Demideities (Zygard Core), Lesser Deity (10% Zygarde), Intermediate Deity (50% Zygarde), Greater Deity (Complete Zygarde)
- Symbol: A green hexagon
- Theme Song: Pokémon X/Y- Vs Kalos Legendary (shared with Xerneas and Yveltal)
- Alignment: Lawful Neutral
- Ability: Aura Break or Power Construct, depending on the situation
- Gender: Genderless
- Moveset: Core Enforcernote /Dragon Dancenote , Extreme Speed, Thousand Arrows, Thousand Waves
- Z-Move: Devastating Drake
- Portfolio: Our Dragons Are VERY Different, Gaia's Vengeance, Dug Too Deep, Collective Creatures, Non-Malicious Monster, The Swarm, Biology Bizarre Even By Pokémon Standards, Core Enforcer, Land's Wrath, Thousand Arrows And Thousand Waves, Bragging Rights Reward, Ground Types, Expanded Role In Adaptations, Detachment Combat
- Domains: Collectives, The Land, Order, Dragons, Monsters, Nature
- Allies: Ash Ketchum, Celebi, Rayquaza, The Pokémon Rangers, Captain Planet, Io, Crixalis the Sand King, Viridi
- Partner: Gaea
- Headbutting Heroes with: Xerneas, Yveltal
- Teeth-Clenched Teamwork with: Beerus, Lucifer
- Enemies: Lysandre, Cell, Fenrir, Mr Burns, Looten Plunder, Hexxus, Apophis, YHVH, Nurgle, the GUAD
- Opposes: Kyogre and Groudon, ice-related deities, the House of Toxicity, anyone and anything that'd threaten the ecosystem
- On speaking terms with: The House of Life and Death
- Xerneas, the Life Pokémon. Yveltal, the Destruction Pokémon. Between the two is the Order Pokémon and the balance of life and death, Zygarde. This Lovecraftian wyrm initially seemed like a rather bog standard legendary, having little relevance to the plot of X and Y. It wasn't even close to the power of its supposed trio members. However it ended up getting expanded on massively in the anime, with further lore showing up in future generations. It now takes the role as the deity of Adaptation Expansion.
- Zygarde is not a single entity, but a collective Hive Mind of cells. These flatworm-like creatures have no brain of their own, and are commanded by both instinct and the five Zygarde Cores. Each of these cores must gather up a certain amount of cells to reach its different forms, who like Xerneas and Yveltal seem to be inspired by Norse mythology, specifically Loki's brood (they deny any blood relation with each other). No-one's quite sure how it qualifies as a dragon.
- 10% Zygarde is its weakest attacking form, resembling a doberman. Though its stats are more like a normal Pokémon, its the fastest of the Zygarde forms. It takes after Fenrir, however does not like the beast. It wants to defend the environment, so is vehemently opposed to the beast's desire to destroy the world.
- 50% Zygarde is the first known form of the Pokémon, being a serpentine entity with the ability of Aura Break. Too bad its ability eliminates the auras of the Pokémon it was already vulnerable too. It appears to be based off Jormungadr. There might be some influence from Nidhoggr, but gets testy if compared to that Omnicidal Maniac. Or Apophis, the serpentine Omnicidal Maniac in the pantheon.
- Complete Zygarde is only summoned in the direst situations, all 95 Cells and 5 Cores coming together. It has one of the highest HP stats, and manages to surpass Xerneas and Yveltal in strength. It appears to be based off Hel. Some speculate it might take some inspiration from Cell. Gets enraged if compared to him, due to Cell being a sadistic Omnicidal Maniac and blight on the environment.
- Exist to protect the environment, which made it a natural partner for Gaea and a good ally to Captain Planet. While normally peaceful, it is easy to anger when it comes to threats to the environment. It used to show distrust for humans, though its red Zygarde Core (known as Squishy) came to trust them and later on its blue core/Z2 as well. The initial distrust of humans and its desire to protect nature leads it to have a kinship with Virdi.
- Zygarde is notably similar to Rayquaza; they're green dragons who exist as a natural balancing act. The two get along, and sometimes drink away their sorrows that they have quadruple weakness to ice attacks. The Sky High Pokémon does have Delta Stream to help, leaving the Order Pokémon annoyed at still being super-weak to ice. The other members of the Weather Trio, however? Zygarde considers them dicks for causing environmental catastrophe out of their feud, and will help Rayquaza wrangle them in. Has shown some fondness for Celebi.
- Despises Lysandre for experimenting on him in the anime, and mind-controlling it for his plans. In fact, it responded by unleashing a full powered Core Enforcer on the Team Flare leader.
- Though its home and temple is part of the House of Narrative, it feels more native in the House of Nature. Asides from its partner and Viridi being there, it finds the sandstorms of Crixalis a great help. However it dislikes the fact that Toxicity is a sub-house to Nature, as it opposes polluters and wastelands. It can also be found trying to enforce balance in the House of Life and Death.
- Opposes the GUAD and Nurgle in equal measure. It considers both to be the ultimate perversion of destruction and life; a destruction without end or justice, and a life twisted beyond value.
- Keeps an eye out for Beerus. It understands the point of his destruction as a means of balancing the universe, and is fine helping that balance be kept with him, but his childishness and mood-swings is something to keep an eye on. It has a much easier alliance for balance with Io, particularly since the two are dragons.
- Though the Order Pokémon, it doesn't want to associate with the GUAL. Part of that is due to their law being something it doesn't care about. Part of it is because of YHVH. The Mad God of Order has proved to be a blight on nature and the ecosystem, something Zygarde cannot stand. It will team up with the GUAC to stop YHVH and His forces, though it has zero interest in Lucifer's cause.
- Only Ash Ketchum and his Kalos traveling companions can refer to Zygarde (one of its its cores particular) as Squishy.