It's time for the second TV Tropes Halloween Avatar Contest, theme: cute monsters! Details and voting here.
Personality, Characterization and Archetypes
The House of Personality was commissioned by Applejack in order to separate it from the House of Mentalism
, because she's completely disgusted with the whole concept of backstabbing and playing mind games the latter House offers.
This House comes with a personality test in order to determine the pre-established personalities of the Gods... however, if certain Gods lack of personality, this means they're flat as hell, and otherwise forbidden from joining the House. Also, this house accepts non-philosophical concepts.
It's rumored that the Council Of Cloudcuckooland
is located inside of this House, because even the most crazy personalites reside here.
considers this house as the Cult of Personality
The House is guarded by the "Personal Three", which consists of Applejack, Spock and Dr. Tenma
open/close all folders
Gods By rank:
Gods By type:
The Personal Three
The Guards of the House of Personality
Applejack, Goddess of the Era-Specific Personality
(AJ, The most loyalest of friends and most dependable of ponies)
- Greater Goddess
- Symbol: Her cutie mark (three red apples)
- Alignment: Lawful Good
- Portfolio: Dependable people, determined people, ponies with brutal honesty, ponies with green thumbs
- Allies: Twilight Sparkle, Rarity, Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie, Princess Celestia and Princess Luna, The Cutie Mark Crusaders, Johnny Appleseed, Jack, Discord
- Enemies: Queen Chrysalis, Nightmare Moon, King Sombra, Lord Tirek
- Followers: Bronies
- Domains: Honesty (sometimes even Brutal Honesty), Farmers, Dependability, Love of family, Trying to get things right on her own
- Applejack was one of The Mane Six who ascended all at once when My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic exploded into being, earning her first spot in the house of food as the Goddess of Apples. After sealing Discord away, Applejack stepped down to be the herald for Johnny Appleseed.
- However, after some debate, she has been given a honorary title in the House of Mentalism.
- While none of her predecessors are technically allowed in her spot due to them not being "nearly as popular", for some reason, other gods like to tease Applejack with this song from her original counterpart.
- AJ for her part was disgusted by the lack of lights in the House of Mentalism. "How can anypony do any thinkin' if it's so gosh darn dark?" As of such, she has gone about enlisting the help of Twilight Sparkle to install lights through the whole building at key points. So far, the only room untouched by her project is the council room, but that's to be expected.
- Is both happy and dismayed at the ascension of her little sister and her friends. Happy in that she has family to talk to in the Pantheon now, but dismayed by the fact several irate gods and goddesses visit her temple constantly to complain about the Cutie Mark Crusaders' schemes in getting cutie marks. Needless to say, she and Rarity are frequent patrons at Moe's Tavern.
- She and Rainbow Dash try not to be in the same room as Hansel and Gretel. It's mostly due to the fact that Hansel sounds so similar to them.
- With some support, Applejack is the one who commissioned this house, being unable to deal with the schemers in the House of Mentalism. Also was overjoyed to become a Greater Goddess, although it came with the price that Lord Tirek ascended. Is willing to give Tirek a good buck across the face for the trouble he gave her.
- She politely declined an offer from Ryuk for a Death Note in exchange for a lifetime supply of apples, while resolving never to touch a Death Note again.
Spock, God of Logic
- Greater God
- Symbol: The Vulcan Salute.
- Alignment: Lawful Good
- Portfolio: Logic, Half Human Hybrids, Straw Vulcans, Spock Speak, will do morally grays action for the saftey of civilians,
- Domain: Law, Mentalism, Mind.
- Follower: Kei Nanjou
- High Priest: Shockwave.
- Allies: James T. Kirk, Jack McCoy, Batman, Scotty, Kiritsugu Emiya, Yuki Nagato (Former High Priestess), Phillip J. Fry
- Enemies: Palptine, Darth Vader, many Eldritch Abominations
- Is closely allied with Captain Kirk of the Time and Space Pantheon, Scotty of the Technology pantheon, and friendly rival to McCoy. He is attended by Data, Seven of Nine, and T'Pol.
- One of the sacred words of his followers is "Fascinating," and is used with utmost reverence. Anything not worthy of the term is deemed merely "interesting."
- Is glad that his former High Priestess and heiress Yuki Nagato has ascended. The two operate as an excellent duo of logic and analysis.
- Whenever he has an emotional moment, he goes out of commission for the rest of the mission.
Herr Doktor Tenma
Herr Doktor Tenma, God of Infinite Goodness and Care Bear Stare
- Intermediate God
- Symbol: The Caduceus
- Alignment: Neutral Good
- Portfolio: All-Loving Hero, Turn the Other Cheek, The Fettered, Iron Woobie, Care Bear Stare
- Domain: Good, Healing, Strength, Redemption, Justice
- Prophets: Dieter, Nina Liebert
- Followers: Nana
- Allies: Naruto Uzumaki, Madoka Kaname, Akari Mizunashi, Raiden, Captain America, Batman, Charlotte Dunois, Kouta Kazuraba/Kamen Rider Gaim.
- Enemies: None, at least as far as he's considered. In actuality, Johan Liebert, Vaas Montenegro, Lucy, Hansel and Gretel, The Joker, Yuno Gasai, Nui Harime, Ryoma Sengoku/Kamen Rider Duke, Mitsuzane Kureshima/Kamen Rider Ryugen/Kamen Rider Zangetsu Shin II.
- All life is equal.
- Tenma is the equal and opposite force of Johan Liebert, God of Sociopathy and Mind Rape, with whom he is forever engaged with in a battle of mental and personal fortitude. A Heretical sect of worshippers likes to interpret it as...something else.
- Not related to the other Dr. Tenma but has been mistaken for him.
- Also has a spot in the Houses of Mentalism and Heroes.