What the House of Emotion looks like is irrelevant, for within its walls is quite literally a raging storm of rampant, unpredictable energy not too different from a massive Swirly Energy Thingy
. Fueled by the various emotions and feelings radiating from every sentient being in the cosmos, the deities of emotion rank among some of the most powerful and unpredictable in the entire Pantheon. Only one with a truly strong will and, perhaps, a signature emotion of their own are able to resist. Sensible visitors that want to keep their sanity intact are best advised to avoid this House at all costs.
It has however been reported that if visitors keep their trips in short, the catharsis of experiencing these various strong emotions in rapid succession is both exhausting and satisfying. Rumor has it that under the storm, this House has just as much drama as the House of Family.
Due to the large number of deities, this house has been divided into seven houses.
The Maintainers of Emotion
Despair of the Endless
The Seven Lantern Corps
- Symbol: A hooked ring.
- Alignment: True Neutral
- Portfolio: Despair, Decay, Doom, Decline, Sado-Masochism, Loss of Hope
- Domains: Plotting against kindred, Degenerate sects.
- Followers: High Priest and Priestess Nozomu Itoshiki and Kafuka Fuura
- By some quirk, Nozomu Itoshiki was originally ordained as the God of Despair by Haruhi-sama. But then it became slowly apparent that he just enjoyed being in despair far, far too much. The Endless Despair decided he was doing it wrong; so supplanted him. His...enthusiasm for the role did retain a seat; however, it's his companion Kafuka Fuura, whose bright smile hides a bleakness far beyond anyone's ability to comprehend, who really earns the position.
- Allies: Shinji Ikari, Grandfather Nurgle, Desire of the Endless
- Is pretty much the only deity willing to hang out with Nurgle. They can often be seen having a few beers together and discussing how to ruin Itoshiki's sanity even more.
- Has a love-hate relationship with Superman of the Heros and Villains pantheon. She looks on him as would a mother, but is very disappointed in him, since he denies his very purpose of existence by being a cheerful guy. He, meanwhile, is completely unaware.
- Has been used as a despair vault by Perfectio.
- Collective of quasideities, led by demigods, with a Lesser God Emotional Entity personifying each corps' driving emotion and power
- Symbol: Seven separate symbols, all based on the circle, one for each corps, always embossed on a ring and lantern
- Alignment: Red—Either Chaotic Evil or Chaotic Neutral, Orange—Neutral Evil, Yellow—Lawful Evil, Green—Lawful Good (their leaders, the Guardians, are Lawful Neutral though), Blue—Neutral Good, Indigo—True Neutral (brainwashed with Compassion), Violet—Chaotic Good (leaders are Chaotic Neutral)
- Portfolio: Colors, emotions, humors (Red—Rage, Orange—Avarice, Yellow—Fear, Green—Willpower, Blue—Hope, Indigo—Compassion, Violet—Love)
- Most of the corps are led by one or more demigods: the Red Lanterns by Atrocitus, the Green Lanterns by the Guardians of the Universe, the Blue Lanterns Ganthet and Sayd, and the Violet Lanterns by the Zamarons. All Orange Lanterns are emanations of the demigod Larfleeze. The Yellow Lanterns are led by one of their own, Sinestro. Indigo Lanterns are led by the creatively named Indigo-1.
- In addition to the leaders, they each have a "mascot" of sorts, a personification of their emotion of Lesser God level of power, and varying degrees of independence from the corps' heirarchies. Red has Butcher the Red Bull, Orange has Ophidian the Orange Snake, Yellow has Parallax, Green has Ion the Green Space Whale, Blue has Adara the Blue Eagle, Indigo has Proselyte the Indigo Octopus, and Violet has Predator the Violet Dragon.
- The seven Lantern Corps are each devoted to spreading their given emotion throughout the universe like Valkyries flying between the stars. The members of each are mortals empowered by the Emotional Spectrum, a universal force that grants them a fraction of divine power. All save the Red and Orange Lanterns—nihilists and egoists, respectively—are convinced that what they do is for the good of the universe.
- There is also a Chaotic Evil Black Lantern Corps that exists outside the others' structure and represents a total dearth of emotion. They intend to destroy all seven corps. Further investigation has unearthed horrifying information about the Black Lantern Corps: led by Black Hand, and Nekron, they seek to eliminate all life, and to return the DC Universe to absolute darkness. They've already toppled one of the Pantheon's Greater Gods of Heroes and Villains: Superman, and Intermediate Goddess of Truth, Wonder Woman using the mortal "corpse" of the Greater God of Preparation, Batman against them. While they were suppressed in the DCU, their leader Nekron has ascended into the Pantheon as an Overdeity. The other overdeities are keeping a close watch on him.
- Due to extraordinary circumstances, Sinestro has joined the Green Lanterns and disbanded the Yellow Lanterns, leaving Arkillo as the sole remaining Yellow Lantern and Saint Walker has assumed leadership of the Blue Lantern Corps due to Ganthet and Sayd being otherwise indisposed.
- Since his inheritance of the throne of Fear, Sinestro once again has dawned his yellow ring and is working to bring his Corps. back under heel.