TV Tropes is 149% Funded
View Kickstarter Project
Our Kickstarter campaign has received $74,000 from over 2,000 backers! TV Tropes 2.0 is coming. There is no stopping it now. We have 4 days left. At $75K we can also develop an API and at $100K the tropes web series will be produced. View the project here
and discuss here
open/close all folders
Beerus, Godly Maintainer of Universal Balance Through Destruction
(God of Destruction Bills, Birusu, Bils, Beers, Birusu, Birus
- Symbol: An Oracle Fish.
- Theme Songs: Bills's Wrath, Bills's Overwhelming Power & The Invulnerable Bills
- Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
- Portfolio: Affably Evil, Adorkable, Ambiguously Evil, Anti-Villain, BEING A BADASS, Balance Between Good and Evil, Beware the Nice Ones, Big Eater, Blood Knight, Blue and Orange Morality, Bunny-Ears Lawyer, Canon Immigrant, The Dreaded, Disproportionate Retribution, Fingerpoke Of Doom, Fun Personified, God of Evil, Hot-Blooded, Invincible Villain, Lean and Mean, Not So Different, Physical God, Psychopathic Manchildren, Punch Clock Villain, Punny Name, Purple Is Powerful, Sore Loser, Willfully Weak, Would Hit a Girl.
- Domains: Destruction, Balance, Neutral, Chaos.
- Followers: EVERY Non-Ascended God related to destruction and chaos.
- Friendly Rivalry with Goku and Aila Jyrkiäinen
- Teeth-Clenched Teamwork with: Vegeta, EVERY good God related to creation, with the notable exception of Madoka, listed above.
- Allies: Whis, Kaname Madoka: Goddess of Hope, Kyouko Sakura (Friendly Rivalry over Dance Dance Revolution), Mickey Mouse
- Enemies: Kyubey, YHVH, Vanitas
- The real reason that The Saiyain race was exterminated? King Vegeta did not give Beerus a sumptuous enough banquet, even when King Vegeta let him use his head as stepping stone while he was eating, so he ordered Freeza to destroy Planet Vegeta because he couldn't be bothered to do it himself. Damn.
- Ever wonder why Lord King Kai lives on such a small planet? Beerus and King Kai played a car racing video game together and Beerus lost, and being the sort of person he is, he destroyed the planet in fit of rage at losing. King Kai then took a large leftover fragment, whittled it down to a sphere, and built a road on it so that he could have fun driving there. This became King Kai's current planet. Beerus has since been advised by many to NEVER play Call of Duty.
- The Joker is very fond of Beerus due to his compulsively destructive behaviour. However, Beerus is not too fond of The Joker because he doesn't think clowns are funny.
- There are twelve universes each of which have a God of Destruction, Beerus attendant Whis oversees and trains the successive Gods of Destruction of the Seventh Universe, and he asks Goku if he would like to be the next God of Destruction after Beerus dies, but Goku turned him down.
- Beerus is very confused as to why he has been considered evil by others in the House when it is his job, and on top of that an important one, to destroy planets, as it maintains balance and equilibrium in the universe because new planets will just be created, by the Gods/Goddess’ Of Creation, as replacement for the planets that are destroyed.
- Once you get to know him, Beerus is a polite, friendly and likable Man Child who can quickly become friends with you, and acts like the lazy, affectionate, fun loving overgrown cat that readily joins in the food, song, laughter and dance (yes, he lets loose some truly funky breakdance moves) instead of the God that he should be.
- As a matter of fact, much to the shock of the rest of The Pantheon, he gets along famously with the kind-hearted Kaname Madoka herself. Madoka's Herculean feat of not only destroying an entire universe wracked by grief and despair, but rebuilding a kinder and gentler place over it quite certifiably earned Beerus' respect; Not to mention the fact that he really enjoys the affectionate chin-scratches that Madoka readily gives him and the delicious Afternoon-Tea Parties her mentor Tomoe Mami holds every Thursday Afternoon.
- At one particular Tea Party, he has struck off a Friendly Rivalry with Kyouko Sakura, who swears will not stop practicing until she can beat his funky breakdance-moves in Dance Dance Revolution.
- Be careful around this friendly, polite and fun-loving Deity. Like all cats, Beerus is prone to mercurial temperaments and violent mood-swings that can be set off by the most petty of reasons; do remember he is the same God who used King Vegeta's head as a footstool in front of his own son Prince Vegeta while making him treat him to an Eight-Course Banquet, and that was when he was in a good mood...
- He is so immature he needs Whis to remind him about waking up in the morning, good manners and brushing his teeth before going to sleep.
- Every other God in the Dragon Ball universe fears him. Even Shenron fears Beerus.
- Beerus is no longer invited to dinner parties with other Gods in the house due to creating a ruckus at last party he was invited to due to no pudding being available.
- Beerus absolutely detests the little bitch known as Kyubey. Not only does it insist on preserving a universe of sadness by destroying hope and creating despair; but more importantly, it made his beloved friend Madoka cry. To his frustartion, no matter how many of the little fuckers he vaporizes, there will ALWAYS be more of them.
- His anger towards Kyubey pales in comparison to his fury towards YHVH and is plot to kill Madoka. This plot triggered his involvement in The Pantheonic Rebellion.
- His fury towards Vanitas on learning of his plot to Join with Madoka to forge the χ-blade, possibly causing a universal apocalypse, was so great, that Whis had to calm him down. Even though Madoka isn't Vanitas's true target...
- His power surpasses the likes of Frieza, Cell and Majin Buu. He usually uses his power to destroy planets, and he is strong enough to destroy the Earth's Solar System or even the entire galaxy. It's even being speculated that Beerus is the strongest being in the history of the Dragon Ball Universe. However, this is disproved when Beerus reveals that his martial arts master, Whis, is greatly stronger than him.
- Asura's expressed interest in challenging Whis. The entire pantheon is terrified of the collateral damage such a battle would cause.
- His reputation has become more feared (among those who are aligned with Good) and admired (among those are aligned with Evil and Chaos) when it was revealed that Beerus sealed one of the Supreme Kais (who are essentially Gods of the Dragon Ball universe) in a sword after the Supreme Kais and the Gods of Destruction got into an argument over some trifling thing. Beerus viewed sealing one of the Supreme Kai's in a sword as an "appropriate" form of retribution as supposed to destroying the Sacred World of the Kais, which he originally thought of doing.
- This revelation has also frightened many within in the House of Magic as this feat makes it seem as though he could also be a extremely powerful wizard or magician of some sort if he was able to perform a sealing spell on a God so effortlessly and efficiently.
- Beerus is absolutely HATED by many in the House of Beasts after they found out he wiped out the fucking dinosaurs because one of them acted rude to him during one of his trips to Earth millions of years ago.
- Because he is capricious, he destroys even important planets without a second thought.
- When he finds it bothersome, he lets someone else act as an agent of destruction.
- The Joker has constantly voiced himself for nomination of this position as he has stated several times that he is an agent of chaos.
- Alexstrasza has also applied for the posistion as well. Her argument being that she can do the job best if "a scalpel" approach is more effective than "a sledgehammer" approach. That and the breath of her flight also being capable of enhancing renewal being efficient.
- While he is awake, tense days for the Supreme Kai's continue, as not even they know how many planets will be sacrificed.
- Wonder why he and Deadpool don't hang out? EVERYONE has had to bar him away from the god. Just IMAGINE what would happen if the merc got on his nerves? It certainly wouldn't be hard to do.
- He doesn't know what to think of the Furry Fandom. He either likes it or hates it, given the circumstances. If you want to please him, show him 'Dreamkeepers'. If you want to anger him, just show him Rule 34 artwork of him. BAD artwork, mind you.
- This can be up for debate, but at one point, he tried to hit on Nicole Watterson during a trip to her world. Needless to say, it didn't work and the only reason that world is still alive is that Nicole proved to be a worthy opponent. That, and Whis put the god in his place. He still managed to have a good game with Gumball and Darwin.
- He doesn't hate Mary Sues as he is actually jealous of them. They always get what they want in their canons. He tends to act calmer around them, knowing full well they just spit out hot air. Despite his jealously, he's fully aware on what it means to be despised like THAT.
Yasha, God of Tragic Villainy
(Vajra Yasha, Yasha of The Seven Deities (Formerly))
- Theme Song: Wind Fang, Orphan Wolf Legend
- Greater God (possibly bordering on Overdeity)
- Symbol: His mask
- Alignment: Lawful Good
- Portfolio: Badass, Char Clone, Cool Bike, Flash Step, Lightning Bruiser, Razor Sharp Hands, Samurai Cowboy, Tragic Villain
- Domains: Melancholy
- Allies: Asura, Augus, Twilight Sparkle, Mithra,
- Enemies: Gohma Vlitra, The Golden Spider, Olga
- Teeth-Clenched Teamwork With: Deus, Kalrow, Sergei, Wyzen
- Ambiguous Relationship with: Samuel Rodriguez
- Despite being ascended as part of Deus's plan to reunite the Seven Deities, Yasha wants nothing to do with him, preferring to side with his brother-in-law Asura.
- In spite of this, he IS willing to become one of the Seven Deities again if needed, and will wear a mask to signify this.
- While visiting Mithra in the House of Magic one day, Yasha thought he heard his sister's voice. Similar to Mithra, this led to his encounter with Twilight Sparkle. He has accepted Mithra and Twilight's explanations, though like Asura, he tends to avoid being in the same room if he can help it.
- Pinkie Pie does not understand why Yasha needs to be sad all the time, and while he appreciates the gesture, he has grown frustrated by her constant attempts to cheer him up.
Lord Varys, God of Knowledge Brokers, Master of Whisperers to the Shadow Council
- Intermediate God
- Symbol: None that he has chosen himself, although others apply a spider to him.
- Alignment: Lawful... Evil?
- Portfolio: Being willing to give information to the right people, knowing what you had for breakfast, employing Creepy Children, possibly being evil, doing things for the greater good, delivering 'justice' through cold-blooded murder, being a magnificent bastard, lacking a penis.
- Domain: Ambiguity, Knowledge, Royalty.
- Allies: Illyrio Mopatis, No other true allies but his little birds, although he remains on good terms with the Shadow Council... for now.
- Enemies: All Gods who threaten the stability of the world, either on the GUAG or the GUAE.
- Followers: His little birds. He is often seen discussing strategy with Zero/Akane Kurashiki as they plot to manipulate their respective worlds, and general opinion classifies her as Varys' follower. But as the eunuch does not share Zero's ability to access and utilize the morphogenetic field, one can argue it will be the other way around when she finally ascends, as her childhood friend Junpei wishes.
- He ascended shortly after his schemes to bring a Targaryen to the Iron Throne of Westeros succeeded, although which Targaryen it was, his creator, George R.R Martin, is unwilling to say. Some even claim he did not succeed, and is merely baiting the Gods by claiming to know spoilers for A Song of Ice and Fire.
- With the help of his little birds, Varys knows anything and everything about anyone that takes his interest. However, whether or not he'll let others know how much he knows is a question that nobody knows the answer to.
- He claims that all he wants to do is make the realm safer for the children, however, his true motives are, like everything else of his life, shrouded in mystery.
Taylor Hebert, Goddess Avatar of Those Trapped in Villainy and Multitasking
(Skitter, Weaver, Khepri
- Rank: Intermediate Goddess, Greater Goddess as Khepri
- Symbol: A spider with a crown. The name of this symbol is a secret except to the highest levels of her church. It's the Queen Administrator, a representation of her power source
- Alignment: Wants desperately to be Chaotic Good, circumstances and her pragmatism usually cause her to fluctuate between that alignment and Lawful Evil. Chaotic Neutral as Khepri, as her passenger doesn't realize there is such a thing as "other lifeforms that aren't threats if I don't control them".
- Portfolio: Terrible fortunes and necessity forcing amoral actions, Sucessfully juggling dozens of things at once, Trying to act merciful and heroic despite nature of power more easily used as a weapon, Insect swarms, Being consistently more competent than people assume due to cleverness with powers, Utter practicality, Sheer refusal to give up, Horrible bug-related deaths, Chronic depression due to horrible peers.
- Domains: Animal (insect), Cunning, Intellect, Self-Sacrifice.
- Followers: The Undersiders, much of Earth Bet, a whole gaggle of Benevolent Boss Anti Villains
- Allies: Most of the Anti Villains in the House of Villains (who honestly believe that she was misorted and belongs with them given her...unique appreciation for disabling people), Magneto, Eren Yaeger, Mr. Freeze, Guts, Beerus (who understands what it means to be the person who oversees the nasty-but-necessary), Kirigutsu Emiya (initially was an enemy, but Contessa stepped in and showed him the history of Earth Bet as well as Taylor's own. He's since done a complete 180 and now regards her as something of an apprentice).
- Rivals: Most of the House of Heroes, who recognize both her virtues and less-than-admirable tactics. Cosmos is trying to get her to hang up her constant war footing, but unfortunately she's been burned by supposed Big Good females in the past.
- Enemies: Most of the Disgraces, as she's living proof that Black and White Morality doesn't work (she's especially hated by female Sues for being an example of an actual Action Girl despite not being a Tomboy or even that physically attractive, something she really doesn't like people bringing up). She absolutely despises the Grand United Alliance of Law and YHVH, as they remind her of everything she despises about authority figures (technically this would put her in Lucifer's camp, but she's ambivalent about his anarchy). She's also not a fan of the Joker, Monokuma, or the White either, and the feeling is mutual due to an...incident; See below.
- Ascended on behalf of representatives of the House of Ambiguity when they realized she beat a planet-destroying Eldritch Abomination through psychological warfare. Was initially believed to be dead, hence why her ascension took so long as they kept looking in the afterlife. Upon being informed of her title, she is reported to have had no reaction, apart from "Okay. I'm used to it." Nobody's quite sure if she's happy she's able to be important again or upset that she's been forced back into a role she hates.
- Was once made a target of the Joker, Monokuma's mastermind, and the White for driving into nihilistic rage towards existence, mistaking her bitter acceptance of her role and pragmatism for suppressed homicidal rage. While they did manage to reawaken Khepri by pretending to kill her father, they also discovered the hard way that Taylor doesn't blame other people for the misery in her life, and were entirely the focus of her vengeful fury and Mind Control powers. It took the White months to reconstitute, Junko was blinded and unable to enjoy it as Taylor ensured she would be in too much pain to really experience despair, and Joker got a face full of his own gas, though he managed to be brought back by Harley before brain death. Initially, it appeared they won anyway as Taylor's passenger began to eat her brain again, but as a deity Taylor's mind has enough existence away from her meat brain that Danny calling to her was able to be mentally registered and she forced it back. To add insult to injury, as far as anyone can tell the Queen Administrator still doesn't affect Taylor's mind any more than it normally does - quite humiliating for all the conspirators.
- It is believed the words "Meh, I can take her", or some other version in reference to her, even thought, makes that person fated to be utterly defeated by her.
Takatora Kureshima, God of Token Good Teammates
(Kamen Rider Zangetsu, The White Armored Rider)
- Lesser God
- Symbol: The Yggdrasil Corporation Logo, along with his two Melon Lockseeds.
- Alignment: Lawful Neutral, actually Lawful Good
- Portfolio: Token Good Teammates, Showing One's True Personalities, Big Brother Instinct, Badasses in Cool Suits, Corporate Samurais, Every Scar Has A Story, Those Who Revealed to be Truly Good, Relying on Evil People.
- Domains: Law, Authority, Good.
- Allies: Mitsuzane Kureshima/Kamen Rider Ryugen (his brother), Kiritsugu Emiya, Dean Ambrose, Roman Reigns, Aila Jyrkiäinen, Zhang Xigcai, Setsuna Higashi, Kouta Kazuraba/Kamen Rider Gaim, the entire Toku Base.
- Enemies: Those who want to mess with him, Seth Rollins, the entire Demonic Legion, YHVH, Lucifer, Sou Fueki/Kamen Rider Wiseman, Ryoma Sengoku.
- Teeth-Clenched Teamwork with: Matt Hardy, Elena, Dudley, Wreck-it Ralph, Makoto Kenzaki and pretty much every god who was affected with "Project: Alternate Gentaro" (all one-sided on their part, not his), Yoko Minato/Kamen Rider Malika (still remembers that one day she betrayed him).
- Responsible for revealing the Awful Truth to Kota about Yuya's final fate, said fate involves turning into an Inves and then killed off by accident.
- Attempted to tell his brother Mitsuzane to reveal the truth about the Helheim Forest, not knowing that Micchy's on the dark side. That is... until The Shield knocked some sense into him.
- His Selective Obliviousness is almost on par with Terra's seeing as he didn't even realize how his inner circle is gunning to kill him, nor did he realize how his little brother has caused "Project: Alternate Gentaro". Everyone under Teeth-Clenched Teamwork has decided to give him a lesson on "Trust 101" due to him just choosing to ignore the tragedy that has befallen the Pantheon.
- Has a disdain for both YHVH and Lucifer... ironically, he's of the same Lawful spectrum as the former.
- Looked in absolute horror when he finally learned what his brother caused to Gentaro, or rather "Alternate Gentaro". Part of him was mortified in how Alternate Gentaro went about gutting Micchy, the other half ashamed that he never realized how dark and sinister his brother could truly be. Has allied with the Shield to take him down...but not before getting a huge earful from many gods who hated Mitsuzane's guts ranging from Matt Hardy (being already irked on Ryugen being purple grape based but then the backstabbing on Kota and Jeff becoming Willow made it more personal), Elena (for Mitsuzane's words to make Gentaro—a really good friend of hers—to be sent into despair), Dudley (for causing his good friend Elena to become unladylike and for not noticing such tragedy isn't like a gentleman to do) and The Shield (they are disgusted by Mitsuzane's tactics in general). Let's just say that Takatora is being kept on a leash until Alternate Gentaro is captured.
- And then Alternate!Gentaro came for Takatora, who 'thanked' the older Kureshima brother by sending a brainwashed Eric Draven to place a powerful Mind Rape that invoked all of the suffering the original Gentaro felt in his descent into madness. The incident caused many of the gods who were angry at him to feel sorry, and he was sent into The Friendship Asylum to heal.
- Has successfully escaped the asylum due to the help of Voltaire and Artix von Krieger, but he is unable to fight as he still believes that he has caused most of this to happen. A good slap to the face by Ratchet seemed to have helped, but it's not known for sure. However, Takatora was later crushed to death by the Iron Giant during it's rampage; he and Sora are the only gods known to have died during "Project: Alternate Gentaro".
- Of course, Takatora was later revived with a Life spell by Princess Peach. Takatora expected her to scold him, too... but Peach understood what he was going through and looked after him until Takatora was operated on by Black Jack. Afterwards, several other gods, including Riku, began to forgive Takatora.
- He's the man-crush of Oren Pierre Alfonzo, whom he saves his life in the Helheim Forest incident after fighting with several Inves. Oren pretty much thanked him for that.
Wile E. Coyote
Wile E. Coyote, God of Ineffectual, Sympathetic Villains
- Lesser God
- Symbol: A box labeled "ACME"
- Alignment: Lawful Neutral
- Portfolio: Ineffectual Sympathetic Villains Doomed To Failure, ACME Products, Amusing Injuries, Butt Monkeys
- Domains: Animal, Retribution, Failure
- Followers: Teisel Bonne, Zim, Patrick Colasour.
- Allies: Dr. Drakken, Jack Spicer, The Brain
- Opposed by: Bugs Bunny, Sonic the Hedgehog,
- Despite his best efforts, roadrunners and Sonic The Hedgehog are still elusive to the Coyote. Sometimes, they trick him into walking into his own traps, while other times they get the help of Bugs Bunny.
- Ever since the formation of Lol Ranger, he has always been one of their constant victims of their tricks. This certainly doesn't help his self-esteem
- Dr. Drakken and Jack Spicer do sympathize with Wile, as they too have failed one too many times as villains. For this reason, Wile seeks to collaborate with Drakken and Jack to increase his (along with Drakken and Spicer's) chances of success. So far, it seems like that only makes their plans fail thrice as hard. They're not giving up, though.