Comic Book: Dracula Vs King Arthur
A four issue indie comic book mini series by Adam and Christian Beranek with art by Chris MorenoVlad Dracula
, having made a pact with Lucifer to turn himself into a vampire, is in the final days of the Turkish war. Knowing he can't win, he waits at his castle for his enemies to slay him. But Lucifer changes his mind with a plan to send him back in time to the days of Camelot where vampirism is unknown and he can easily take over the land and soon the world along with it. Indeed once Dracula arrive in the medieval times he begins turning the subjects of the land. King Arthur
and his knights soon become aware of this and prepare to defend the kingdom, but against such an unknown enemy that can subjugate their forces. Do they even have a chance of stopping him?
Dracula Vs King Arthur contains the following tropes.
- Driven to Suicide: Percival after inadvertently killing his turned sister, Amide, by having her drink from the Holy Grail hoping it would cure her.
- Fate Worse Than Death: Lancelot is the only one who survives the final battle and is found by Merlin. Who, upon seeing the vampirism still holds even though Dracula is dead, goes to use Lancelot for experiments on the effects of vampires.
- From Bad to Worse: The moment Dracula arrives in Camelot, it pretty much goes on a downhill slope ending in a disastrous battle where Excalibur is stolen and Arthur is captured.
- Genre Blindness: Percival thinks that the Holy Grail could restore his sister from vampirism, but since Holy Burns Evil, she dies instead.
- Heroic BSOD: Arthur gets a brief one after surviving being thrown from Dracula's castle into the ocean.