open/close all folders
The Three Seekers of Knowledge.
Hermaeus Mora, Daedric Prince of Forbidden Knowledge (Herma-Mora, the Prince of Fate, the Gardener of Men)
- Greater God (Overdeity within Apocrypha)
- Symbol: The Black Books and the Oghma Infinium.
- Alignment: Neutral Evil
- Portfolio: Keeping and hoarding knowledge from throughout the space-time continuum, a giant library, trading knowledge with mortals, owning insanity-inducing books, sounding grandfatherly yet acting ruthless, averting A Form You Are Comfortable With, commanding fate
- Domain: Knowledge, Fate, Manipulation
- Followers: The Dovahkiin, whether he likes it or not; the Shinigami King
- Enemies: MIRAAK, Alduin, several Puellae Magi, Spyro
- Out of all the deities, he has developed the closest interest in the Dovahkiin. Twice, Herma-Mora has influenced/forced the Dragonborn to help uncover knowledge for him, and, after the Dovahkiin defeated Mora's original Champion, Mora has declared the God of Dragonslaying his Champion and Herald. (Of course, the Dragonborn doesn't seem too happy about this.)
- He claims that the Death Notes are his creations, and that he supplied the Shinigami King with the knowledge to make them.
- Several of the Puellae Magi believe that Mora had a huge role in creating the Incubators' system; whereas Tzeentch took the initiative and Kyubey did the work, Mora supplied the means. (This mostly stems from the fact that the girls' Soul Gems have quite a lot in common with the Soul Gems from Tamriel.) None of the above parties have commented... yet.
- He only drops his haughty and all-knowing attitude around H.P. Lovecraft, and acts rather respectful around him. It's implied that Mora was born from the Necronomicon written by the author.
- Has expressed interest in capturing Aerith Gainsborough and entrapping her in Apocrypha. While her own power is as nothing to Mora, the tome of fictional plot twists she holds is of great interest to him.
- Hermaeus Mora once sent Dovahkiin after Spyro, neglecting to tell the Dragonborn that Spyro was friendly. Spyro was able to stop Dovahkiin and explain that he was friendly before Dovahkiin could slay him. Dovahkiin apologised and plans on attacking Hermaeus Mora with Spyro’s help. For his part, Hermaeus Mora is unconcerned. What can Dovahkiin do to him, after all?
- After hearing that his former champion, Miraak was brought back to the Pantheon, Mora took a moment to mock Miraak in the most brutal way possible. It worked as well as expected.
Histoire, Goddess of Big Books of Information (Histy, Planeptune Oracle)
- Theme Song: Ryuusei no Bifrost
- Symbol: The book Histoire sits on◊
- Alignment: Lawful Good
- Portfolio: Game Mechanic Exposition, Complete Knowledge of Gamindustri, Taking 3 Days/Weeks/Months to Find Relevant Information, Speaking with Emoticons, Goddesses Who Can Only Act on Their Heralds' Consent, Talking to Neptune and Plutia from far away, Fairies
- Domains: Creation, Knowledge, Superbeings
- Allies: The CPUs, IF and Compa, Plutia and Yellow Heart, Gertrud Barkhorn, Yui Hirasawa, Patchouli Knowledge, Yue Ayase, Fi, Nepgear, Rom and Ram, Uni, Professor X, Daichi Muroto, Arche Klein, Reinforce Zwei
- Partner: Alakazam
- Enemies: Arfoire, Any other goddess voiced by Laura Post.
- Evil Former Friend: Arfoire
- Inside Histoire's tome is a collection of everything that's happened to Gamindustri ever since its creation and due to the volume of content within it, it will always take Histoire 3 of any sort of time to find any sort of information.
- Due to how long Histoire takes to find information, it's generally a better idea for one to find whatever answers they're looking for themselves as chances are, they'll find their answers quicker than Histoire.
- Whatever you do, DON'T comment on Ultradimension Histoire's low processing power.
- Histoire is a frequent visitor to the houses of Gaming and Personality to check up on Neptune and Plutia respectively.
- Many of the other gods appreciate Histoire's efforts to get Neptune and Plutia to work.
- Histoire enjoys being around Yui because she sees Neptune in her, and she enjoys listening to Yui talk.
- It's not uncommon to see Histoire with Gertrud Barkhorn as not only do they sound similar but Histoire sympathises with her as Histoire knows how frustrating to continually try to get someone to be productive but are instead too lazy to do anything.
- Histoire has made it perfectly clear she doesn't want the other Knowledge gods reading her tome, however this has only served to fuel their curiosity even more.
- Histoire prefers to avoid the other goddesses voiced by Laura Post because they remind her of the friendship she once had with Arfoire
- Nepgear often helps Histoire in getting Neptune and Plutia however her rate of success is very hit or miss.
- Histoire has yet to figure out how she sounds just like Satoko Houjou but she doesn't like how Satoko keeps leaving traps everywhere.
- One time while she was till mortal(?), an earthquake happened due to the Big Bad starting to destroy two dimensions and Histoire got trapped in a fallen bookshelf. Ever since this event, Histoire has been wary of bookshelfs that could fall over.
- Fortunately for Histoire however, she has since used that experience to disguise herself among other books in the event that she needs to hide for some reason.
The Librarian, God of Librarians and L-Space Master (Dr. Horace Worblehat)
- Greater God
- Symbol: The Octavo.
- Alignment: Neutral Good
- Portfolio: Exceptionally strong and smart, Not hindered at all by being an Orang-utan, Gets ticked off at the M-word, Only ever saying "Ook" or occasionally "Eek".
- Domain: Magic, Beast, Knowledge.
- Allies: King Kong, Donkey Kong, Yomiko Readman, Twilight Sparkle, Rincewind
- Was Once a Man but was transformed into an orangutan by a magic spell. On discovering that being an orangutan had certain advantages for a librarian - he can climb up to high shelves, for example - he refused to be transformed back into a human and has remained an orangutan ever since.
- Another advantage of having an orangutan as a Librarian is that he is able to read certain books that would drive any human mad by reading them. However, The Librarian is not a human.
- Flies into a rage when called a "Monkey". Actually, don't even say the word, he'll come after you and go "Librarian-Poo" on you. (He's actually an ape).
- The Librarian is a member of a small elite group of senior librarians who have the knowledge and ability to travel through L-space, an extradimensional space that connects all libraries and other large accumulations of books. He used this knowledge to save books from the great library of Ephebe and to enter our world. The very strict rules that members of this group are pledged to enforce are: 1. Silence. 2. Books must be returned no later than the last date shown. 3. Do not meddle with the nature of causality. The Librarian has been known to break both the first and third rules on occasion, but he is adamant about the second.