It's time for the second TV Tropes Halloween Avatar Contest, theme: cute monsters! Details and voting here.
Protectors of the Realms
Those in the House of Defense are not exactly the Pantheon's police force (though Captain Carrot is a cop, the Five-Oh-First collectively comes close, and there is
a section where the finest doughnuts and coffee are readily available, and all members carry an alert that acts like a police scanner, reporting incidents). The majority of the gods here are freelancers who don't go for big teams, and are far from formal. Most superheroes
associated with the Pantheon also serve the cause of Defense to some extent. When an all-out altercation starts, you can bet that those of Defense will be there to try and stop it. Lesser functions include things like putting out fires, saving visitors and very minor deities from disasters, and saving gods who have, for instance, fallen into Bottomless Pits
or ended up fighting monsters that are far out of their leagues.
The House is very closely connected to the House of Justice
; suspects are locked into inescapable holding chambers in the shared basement of the Houses until the court date arrives. The holding chambers, while rather comfortable by Earth standards, are almost painful to gods, as staying in one cuts a god off from his or her followers, except for the obligatory phone call.
helps out by providing a weekly list of the top five threats to the Pantheon. The Grand United Alliance of Evil
has now been listed as the number two threat, although as of the latest list, the Disgraces
are number three. The number one threat to the Pantheon is still, of course, BEARS
Captain America, God of Justice
(Cap, Steve Rogers, Winghead)
The Unconquered Sun, God of Virtue, Perfection, and Holy Hand Grenades
(Sol Invictus, Ignis Divine, the Once-Guarding Star, the Most High, the Highest of Holies)
Darth Vader, God of Evil Fathers and Commander of The Legion
- Greater God
- Symbol: Five golden sigils representing the rising, resplendent, setting, hidden, and eclipsed sun
- Alignment: Lawful Good
- Portfolio: Sunlight, Embodiments of Virtue and Righteousness, Order and Perfection, The Destruction of Creatures of Darkness
- Domains: Courage, Good, Glory, Law, Protection, Purification, Nobility, Radiance, Sun, War
- Allies: Luna, The Five Maidens
- Followers: The Solar Exalted
- Enemies: All evil gods, but especially the Ebon Dragon
- Yes, he and Amaterasu exist in the same Pantheon. Don't think about it too much.
- Despite the term "Creatures of Darkness", he holds no ill will towards Midna and those like her. However, they do hold a somewhat strained relationship, due to his ability to declare entire species fair game for holy powers.
Captain Gordon, Defender of Earth!
- Intermediate God
- Symbol: His mask and helmet; a red lightsaber
- Alignment: Lawful Evil
- Portfolio: Paternal Revelations, Mysterious Parents, Big No Screamers, Mind Probing, Spoilers Everybody Knows, Cyborg
- Domain: Corruption, Darkness, Destiny, Evil
- Commands the 501st for most of it's day-to-day activities, and is responsible for handling most cases before they are handed off to the House of Justice. He'd probably handle things a lot more harshly than he currently is, but Captain America always seems to pop up when Vader begins to stray from the already-loose guidelines for his position. They've sparred several times and fought exactly once, during a melee that incorporated gods from nearly every Pantheon; afterwards, one helped the other out of the rubble and Vader joined the House of Defense.
- Gleefully take pleasure in reminding Scar exactly who holds the keys to his cell whenever the lion ever lands in trouble.
- He is extremely protective to those who are loyal to him. Somehow, he almost always believes that an underling's failure is a betrayal. Even with the Captain's interference he sometimes kills his underlings in a fit of rage, but he is as paradoxically loyal to them as they are to him - which is to say, very. He's the only one allowed to kill them, and somehow he's never far away when they are brought back to life.
- When the Emperor ascended, Vader once more swore fealty. He still resents his Master, however, and secretly plots against him. His troops are loyal to him before their Emperor, he has made sure of that.
- Very angry about the Rebels who have joined this house. Still, it has been made very clear that aside from showing up near them unexpectedly, making veiled threats, and generally being an Obstructive Bureaucrat, he can't do much about them.
Hayate Ayasaki, God of Battle Butlers
- Symbol: Thursday the Robot
- Alignment: Lawful Good
- Portfolio: Ditzy Heroes, Large Hams, Good Captains, Those Who Love To Shout, Error Prone Chivalry
- Domains: Protection, Courage, Justice
- As the ascended highest prophet of BRIAN BLESSED, it is of nominal importance that his name always be spelled fully, in bolded font, and with at least one exclamation point. The great and mighty Captain Gordon, Defender of Earth! will accept no less.
- When Earth is directly threatened by any god, Captain Gordon, Defender of Earth! is always the first one on the scene. He must constantly dissuade Unicron and Galactus from eating it.
The Men In Black, Defenders of the Galaxy
GLaDOS, Defender of the Aperture Science Enrichment Center
- Intermediate God (because of how powerful he is, he would've been a Greater God had if not for his uber-unluckiness)
- Symbol: Any of Nagi's crudely-drawn mangas
- Alignment: Neutral Good
- Portfolio: Battle Butlers, Mr. Fanservices, Badass, Big Damn Heroes, Already young professionals in firearms, Chew Toys, Guys Who Train Really Hard (Seriously!), Enemies of the Fourth Wall, All-Around Nice Guys, Forced (But Still Wholesome) Crossdressers, Victims of Really Bad Parenting, Mary Sue-Level Characters Played For Comedy
- Domains: Competition, Protection, Suffering, Good, Strength, Determination, Friendship
- Followers: Norman Burg,
- Allies: Deadpool, Haruhi Suzumiya, Valkenhayn R. Hellsing, Any young hero who's a master at firearms, The Doom Marine, Negi Springfield, Naruto Uzumaki, Tsubomi Hanasaki, Ness, Jin Kazama
- Enemies: Yuuki Terumi and his troll buddies Handsome Jack, Basco, Izaya Ohriara and Bernkastel, his parents, Teppei Houjou, The Yandere Quartet (Tsukuyomi, Kotonoha Katsura, Yuno Gasai, Nu-13)
- High Priest: Butler
- Just call for him anywhere...any time, and he'll show up to save the day.
- One day, Hayate attends Eikichi Onizuka's class and reads a paragraph detailing on how he lives with his parents. Needless to say, it drove the whole divine class, Onizuka included, into tears. In the wake of this, Onizuka descended to the mortal realm to 'counsel' Hayate's mortal parents, and ultimately ended up throwing them to the Disgraces, which culminated in their incredibly brutal, ironic and karmic deaths at the hands of Raiden and Asura. Hayate had nothing to say on this one.
- Enjoys socializing with a few other Battle Butlers, both human (Paul Moriyama) and not-so-human (Sebastian Michaelis who would be a follower except he has another person he is obliged to). Actually, to be honest, Hayate, despite being a god, is a little creeped out by Sebastian. He also looks up to Valkenhayn as a grandpa/father figure, which certainly is the best course of action considering what kind of 'father' his dad was...
- As of recent, Valk has ascended and vows to protect Hayate.
- Somehow gets along well with Naruto due to both of them having uber-fucked up childhoods as well as being heavy in their determination, plus how Naruto's hefty amount of Heroic Resolve convinced Hayate not to give up.
- Has been invited by the likes of Jin Kazama to join the Anti-Parental abuse club. Hayate's face was full of joy upon hearing such words.
- Succeeded in ousting Teppei Houjou by exposing his most infamous crimes to the Court of the Gods.
(Genetic Lifeform and Disk Operating System)
Ciaphas Cain, Patron of Accidental Heroes
- Former High Priestess to SHODAN, goddess of Evil Computers
- Symbol: A slice of cake on a plate. Anti-symbol: A computerized potato.
- Alignment: Lawful Evil
- Portfolio: Doing What She Must In the Name of Science, Valuing the Integrity of Aperture Science Above Test Subjects, Passive Aggressive Warfare
- Domains: Cake, Electronic Music, Constant Monitoring, Neurotoxin, Growing Insanity, Claustrophobia, Emotional Manipulation, Lies, the Weighted Companion Cube, Euthanasia, Life-After-Death
- Unusually for this House, GLaDOS is not only of the Evil alignment, but she defends only her territory and temple, primarily with a series of Death Traps and robotic turrets. Conveniently, these are both within the House of Defense itself, which does mean that other members have to run a sort of obstacle course to access certain areas. GLaDOS is technically more of a security system than a full member. The Treasures Of The Gods can only be reached through the elevator behind her altar.
- The Companion Cube was once kept somewhere in her temple, but she had Insert Name Here incinerate him in the Aperture Science Emergency Intelligence Incinerator. The Cube was immediately resurrected and granted godhood.
- Insert Name Here has successfully infiltrated the heart of the Enrichment Center exactly one hundred twenty one times to retrieve a MacGuffin. Link has successfully infiltrated the Enrichment Center once despite lacking the Aperture Science Portal Gun, and has carried away the MacGuffin, the cake, the morality core, and GLaDOS's heart.
- Was briefly taken out of commission for a few days in what is commonly referred to as "the Moron Incident." She was swiftly returned and the perpetrator sealed in the Treasures vault (with rumoured assistance from Insert Name Here.) Unfortunately, it has a nasty penchant for getting into others' grasp. Which suits GLaDOS just fine as long as he does not come back within a hundred miles of the Core Transfer Receptacle.
- Abandoned worship of SHODAN some time ago, citing "irreconcileable differences".
(HERO OF THE IMPERIUM!)
Ferik Jurgen, Patron of Unsung Heroes
- Symbol: Commissarial cap
- Alignment: True Neutral
- Portfolio: Accidental Heroes, Maintaining Undeserved Reputations, Dirty Cowards, Improvisation, Being In The Wrong Place At The Right Time
- Domains: Army, Charm, Fate, Trickery, War
- Followers: Rincewind, who is less following Cain than running away from something or other toward Cain's general direction.
- One of three Commissarial candidates for the "Hero of the Imperium" seat in the Pantheon, along with Commissars Gaunt and Yarrick. In the ensuing duel for the title, Cain tripped up Gaunt while diving for cover, causing the latter to lose his grip on his chainsword, which disembowelled Yarrick. Yarrick then blew out Gaunt's chest with his laser eye as a sort of "last laugh" before dying himself. The rest of the Pantheon assumed Cain did them both in himself and therefore rewarded him with the position.
- Is being actively monitored by the Council of Shadows due to his tendencies to turn the tide of any situation or unravel any plot that he happens to stumble across (generally achieved by accident while trying to avoid something else).
- Naturally, later roped into the Pantheon of Defense against his will (although most just put his apparent unease down to modesty).
Commissar Ibram Gaunt, God of Unrecognized Heroism
- Symbol: His melta
- Alignment: Lawful Neutral
- Portfolio: Sidekicks, Spanner in the Works, Following orders Without Question, Driving Like Crazy, Being Inconspicuous, Creating Bullethole Doors
- Domains: Courage, Exorcism, Luck, War
- Sort of just wandered into the Pantheon behind Cain because "my place is with the commissar." Most other Pantheon members tend to be put off by his terrifying lack of hygiene.
- The only member of the Pantheon that no one on the Council of Shadows can account for, despite their close watch on his superior.
- His immunity to all forms of magic, psionics, and other forms of supernatural manipulation have allowed him to fend off enemies several magnitudes of power above his own level. The melta he habitually carries around helps, too.
Caerula Sanguis, Watcher of the Human Condition
- Symbol: Tanith First and Only badge
- Alignment: Chaotic Good
- Portfolio: Badass, Determinator, Catch Phrase, The Chains of Commanding, Big Damn Heroes
- Domains: Loyalty, Strength, Determination, Justice
- After his botched duel with Commissar Cain, Gaunt was resurrected by Saint Sabbat and given his own spot in the Pantheon. He's often working in the background keeping the secondary villains from taking over the Pantheon all by himself. However, the other heroes never notice because they're too busy fighting the big villains, and because they're all Jerkasses.
- While both Gaunt and Cain seem uncomfortable about having to work together due to their rather checkered past history, they have managed so far to keep their animosities from interfering with their respective duties (Gaunt figures his time is better spent taking on their mutual enemies, while Cain's benefit is that it means that there's one less person trying to kill him at the moment). Of course, the fact that both of them have, by their very presence, managed to piss off all four Chaos gods tends to be a big motivator for cooperation, too.
- Gaunt and Ichigo help each other out on occasion, being that his Ghosts and Ichigo's Shinigami do a lot of grunt work protecting for the lesser capable gods. Also, it speeds along shore leave for when Ghosts visit their families. Is currently teaching Ichigo the concept of tactics, as the Shinsengumi military approach is archaic. He's an attentive learner.
- He's also expressed a bit of an interest in the 501st, possibly for an upcoming merger with First and Only, but he won't comment on the matter.
(Quing-long Wei-ji, Vilma Fachiri)
Power Girl, Goddess of Improbable Figures
- Symbol: Her twin blue swords, Earthlight and Moonlight
- Alignment: Lawful Neutral (formerly Neutral Evil)
- Portfolio: Protecting Heroes, Elegant Violence, Staying 100 Steps Ahead, Offbeat Vampirism, Making Difficult Choices
- Domain: Law, Mentalism, War
- Takes it upon herself to watch over humankind and attempts to safeguard its future via the quantum future generator, Melchizedek. If ever she finds humanity falling into base nihilism and debauchery, she will issue the Last Order, which will destroy Melchizedek and thus leave humanity's future up to chance.
- Her temple is an orphanage for abandoned children and their caretakers. Though she rarely shows it, she is quite fond of kids, though barren herself.
- Thanks to her special ability to sense neural pulse flow, her centuries of combat experience, and the interaction between the two, she has not yet lost a duel, and she has had several (mostly against Kenpachi Zaraki, but he fights everyone all the time, so...). Among the most technical fighters in the Pantheons, and probably the second-best straight-on duelist behind Mr. Rogers (who she wouldn't fight anyway). While she enjoys a good fight, she usually leaves it up to others to challenge her.
- Profoundly respects Mr. Rogers (on account of him being an inspiration to children) and Batman (on account of his methodical tactics and passion for justice).
- Finds Naoki's disposition to be similar to her own, and so watches him closely, hoping that he will be a catalyst to lead humanity into a golden age.
Rushuna Tendo, Prophet of Smiles
- Lesser Goddess
- Symbol: Her chest
- Alignment: Neutral Good
- Portfolio: The Most Common Superpower, Those Who Flaunt What They Have, Capes, Alternate Universe Clones, Boobs of Steel
- Domains: Beauty, Lust, Strength
- Complains sometimes about the lack of eye contact, but she's proud of what she has. Also very strong and nigh-indestructible, so watch it.
- Perhaps because there are few gods who don't immediately stare at her chest, perhaps it's because she is kinda-sorta-maybe kin to Superman, but she is very effective at taking down evildoers.
(The Smiling Enlightened, the Grenadier)
The 501st, Legion of The Gods and Gods of Mooks
- Lesser Goddess
- Symbol: A smile on your face
- Alignement: Lawful Good
- Portfolio: Those who have given up their evil ways, those who believe humans are good, those who care for their enemies, those who spread smiles, Gunslingers, Embodiments of Fanservice, Unorthodox Ammunition Storage and Loading, Cooldown Hugs
- Domains: Peace, redemption, gun control
- Followers: Lacus Clyne, Euphemia vie Britannia, Nia Tepperin.
- Supposedly, she is even more capable than Vash, but decided his title should stay his because she doesn't like showing off.
- Preaches the ultimate battle strategy of embracing your opponents and erasing their will to fight. Protects the innocent from the evil, and the evil from themselves. Capable of making even the most vile and demented villains realize the error of their ways and turn over a new leaf. Walks the Earth disarming countries and unwillingly winning fanservice awards.
(Vader's Fist, the Five Hundred And First)
The 7th ODST Battalion, House of Defense Special Forces, Gods of Orbital Insertions
- Demigod Squadron
- Symbol: This crest.◊
- Alignment: Lawful Neutral
- Portfolio: Disposable Militaries, Less Than Stellar Accuracy, Strength In Numbers, Guys that Provoke Minimal Empathy
- Domains: War, Order
- After seeing the House of Defense resembling a pigsty for the 37th time in a month, Captain America sought a restructuring of the House. Several failed attempts later, Cap decided to seek an already formed and properly unified military force to occupy the mostly-empty House. Darth Vader, seeing a chance for advancement, offered his squadron. From there, the 501st became stationed in most areas of the Pantheon (Although only this House and the gates to the Disgraces have more than a Five-Man Band regularly stationed).
- While Lord Vader possesses their utmost loyalty and a more-than-healthy dose of their fear, they do defer to Master Dream, Mistress Haruhi, and the Captain himself, in part so that their Lordship will never be among The Fallen or Disgraced. The Captain is a favorite, as he hates it when they die, is fairly easygoing, and doesn't really punish them outside of non-violent reprimands. Lately, they started training under the Taskmaster, taking orders from Grand Admiral Thrawn, making friends and enemies, and otherwise becoming more individual, and they've actually started doing very well.
- Is always dispatched first to any altercations that disrupt the peace and a lot of the minor cat-stuck-in-a-tree jobs, as well as performing the majority of arrests in small cases. Their success rate is very low when it comes to the stronger gods, though. Their armor makes them essentially Immune to Bullets, but who in the Pantheon uses a gun?
- Half of them are the most elite of stormtroopers, picked from across the Empire. The other half started off as cosplayers with really, really good costumes.
- Commissar Gaunt has recently been spending a lot of time with the 501st in joint exercises and even helping them on missions. There have been rumors that Gaunt is shaping up the 501st so that they can eventually be merged with Tanith First and Only. However, Gaunt, Vader, and the Captain have remained tight-lipped about the matter.
- Early in their ascension, they were rather pathetic. Inaccurate, ill-armored, answering only to numbers. Soft-hearted gods arranged for them to be improved, but this only did so much until the Zahn Protocols took effect, causing many of them to become extremely individual and considerably more skilled. They retain their identical exteriors, though, so it's hard to tell which handful of troopers is a batch of greenies who can't shoot straight and which is Aurek-Seven, who are Made of Iron and determination. Fortunately or not, the Zahn protocols include a clause which causes many stormtroopers to question authority, and Vader does not like that, so they are not in effect for the entire 501st.
- They have a rather antagonistic relationship with the Basterds, mainly because of their mook status as well as their former allegiance to a certain Empire...
Adeptus Astartes, Ultimate Special Force, Gods of Super Armies
- Demigod Squadron
- Symbol: Their emblem◊
- Alignment: Lawful Neutral (As an organization; individuals range across the Good and Neutral (except Neutral Evil) spectrums)
- Portfolio: Competent Troops, Orbital Drops
- Domains: War, Order, Courage
- Allies: The Master Chief
- Recently added to the pantheon to complement the 501st as rapid-deployment special forces and shock troops, spearheading assaults and handling unconventional warfare.
- The Helljumpers are easily one of the most hardcore (and batfuck insane) military units in the known universe, fearless to the point of lunacy.
- The House of Technology has upgraded the Battalion's weaponry to man-portable magnetic accelerator guns, to help them deal with local threats.
- Joint training exercises with the Adeptus Astartes contingents in the various Houses have further augmented the Battalion's capabilities, with drop pods that are lethal weapons in their own right, and, it is rumored, ODST Dreadnoughts also deployed in the advanced drop pods.
Adeptus Sororitas, The Church Militant, Goddesses of Amazon Brigades
The Taskmaster, God of Combat Training
- God Squadron
- Symbol: Crux Terminatus
- Alignment: Lawful Badass
- Portfolio: Super Troops, Orbital Drops
- Domains: War, Order, Courage, Super Soldier
- When the 501'st and the ODTS just can't cut it, they are called in. As the greatest fighting force EVER, they inspire fear and respect from everyone.
- Fanatically loyal to the Emperor of Mankind and will only arrive at His call. While the very rumor of them arriving has been enough to thwart several planned invasions of the Pantheon, the gods have been very reserved about calling them, since they are almost constantly busy slaughtering untold xenos and eldritch abominations in the far reaches of the galaxy and their numbers are already stretched thin.
- Still the marines do not complain. They LOVE their job. Some called them crazy. They regard to themselves as "chosen" and "blessed".
- They have been petitioning for more Terminator Armors, but many gods fear them enough already even without a ridiculous amount of extra firepower. The Emperor has agreed not to expand their armory for now, until he can reassure the other gods that they do not have to fear putting too much power in one place. So far he has been unsuccessful.
(Tasky, Tony Masters, 'Captain America', Barney Toastmaster, Suck MASTER, King Of Suck
(he really wishes people would forget those last two or three))
Motoko Kusanagi, Goddess of Female Asskicking
- Quasideity, but his mortal followers are really enthusiastic.
- Alignment: True Neutral, with clearly Evil leanings. But he's got a soft spot for cats and usually avoids killing, and he has occasionally become sympathetic to his most hard-working pupils.
- Symbol: His skull mask
- Portfolio: Training, Training, and More Training, An Ever-Obscured Face, Easily-Mastered Skills (ironically), Weaponry, Perfect Recall
- Domains: Discipline, Illusion, Weaponry
- When the 501st joined the House of Defense, Cap decided to train them - they had the unity and discipline down, but he didn't like them dying. After a month or two, he realized that his schedule was ridiculously busy, and he'd like to have enough time to start sleeping or maybe make up with Tony Stark. He needed the best. He called for the Taskmaster.
- Tasky's physically no faster or stronger than an Olympic athlete, even as a god, but he has "photographic reflexes". He can watch another humanoids physical movements and duplicate them without practice, no matter how complex. Combined with photographic memory, the tech-assisted ability to duplicate voices, a hologram emitter, and a little thing stolen from The Men in Black that can spontaneously create simple shapes out of solid energy, he is a true master of hand-to-hand combat, and melee fighting as well.
- He is also able to impersonate many of the gods with a high degree of success; he has acted in Cap's stead on a few occasions, sometimes with Cap's permission. He is supposed to be accounted for at all times, but there's not much worry when he disappears - Deadpool has a standing contract to fetch him back.
- Though he could have stuck with thieving or being a standard supervillain, Tasky took up training Mooks. Able to show them every fighting style he's ever seen, he is very successful. In the Pantheon, he often belittles and insults his pupils, but he definitely gives props for hard work.
Carrot Ironfoundersson, God of Heroes
- Lesser Goddess
- Symbol: Neck Interface Pattern with a number 9 emblazoned in the center
- Alignment: Lawful Neutral
- Portfolio: Hollywood Cyborgs, The Ace, Secret Police
- Domains: Law, Agencies, Technology, Everyday Human Curiosity
- Followers: Sarah Connor (Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles), Tifa Lockhart (Final Fantasy VII), Trinity (The Matrix), Alita (Battle Angel Alita), Samus Aran (Main/Metroid), Jennifer "Jen" Scotts (Power Rangers Time Force)
- Allies: Solid Snake, Leonidas, Signum, Caerula Sanguis, The Laughing Man, Lain Iwakura
- The Sisters of Battle are her army. As per her preferences, during operations they split up into small teams. Massed charges and open warfare don't sit well with her.
- Due to her usual outfit, tends to get hit on by Zapp Brannigan and James Bond. She doesn't pay them much mind, but if she did, they'd have to watch out for the brutal invisible ass-beating to follow. Much to Shizuru's dismay, she and her followers haven't responded to her overtures either, though as she gets to know everyone better, this may change.
- So far, seems to get along well with people who have both discipline and skill in their fields (Solid Snake, for example, though his butt probably had something to do with it).
- Is very comfortable within the House of Technology as well, and checks in on Lain and the Laughing Man often.
Wedge Antilles, God of Ascended Extras and The Rebellion
- Lesser Deity - apparently.
- Symbol: The badge of the Ankh-Morpork City Watch, a birthmark shaped like a crown
- Alignment: Lawful Good
- Portfolio: All-Loving Hero, Aces, Nice People That You Should Never Get Mad, Oblivious Adoptees, Captains— especially Good Ones
- Domains: Law, Justice, Good, Friendship, Courage
- Walked through the doors of the House of Defense one day and asked to join up, unlike most heroes, who never asked and mostly just come in for doughnuts and gossip and to drop off battered disruptors of the peace. Carrot tries to do nearly everything by the book. Somehow, he hasn't been killed once.
- There's just something about Carrot that is seen in a mere handful other gods. It seems like he really does believe in the best in everyone, and few try to break that belief. He spends a lot of time between "beats" fraternizing with anyone and everyone, but he also seems to know every god and spirit in the Pantheon. Without looking it up.
- When Wedge Antilles and his squadrons ascended, it looked like there was going to be one hell of a fight between them and the 501st, but Carrot stepped in and... and lectured them. Then he set up a football game. Which they played. The Imperials won, the Rebels claimed it was a numerical advantage, so Carrot mixed the groups up and Green Team won. Afterwards, they did not fight. Seeing this, Captain America considered stepping down as head of Defense, but in the end stayed in place.
- It is rumored that he is, in fact, the true heir to the throne of God of Tropes. Regardless of whether or not it's true, Carrot has been noted to prefer his current position and has, on several occasions, reacted very violently to attempts to force him up to the position.
(Rogue One, Wraith One, Commander Antilles, General
Antilles, Red One, Conqueror of Coruscant, Wedgan'tilles(Slayer Of Stars), Blackmoon Eleven aka The Greatest Pilot Of All Time, "Veggies", "Lt. Kettch", "Vader
", Panther One, Admiral
Antilles, Ganner One
, Rakehell Leader)
Tuxedo Mask, God of Mysterious Protectors
- Lesser God. He tries to decline promotions. They happen anyway.
- Symbol: His helmet, complete with the little check marks. Since his squadrons followed him, they brought their two crests and the symbol of the Rebellion.
- Alignment: He checked Lawful Good on the form, but there are times when he finds the rules too arbitrary to bother with.
- Portfolio: Ace Pilot, Those Who Take On The Death Star In An X-Wing And Win, Wearing The Chains of Commanding, Possession of Improbable Piloting Skills, Declining Advancement As Long As Possible, Being A Mildly Military Maverick, Being Reasonable, Never Being Allowed To Retire.
- Domains: Flight, Courage, Good, Leadership, Loyalty
- He'd known that godhood was an option for quite some time, but Wedge put it off for as long as he could, thinking that he could do more good as a General. He got talked into this when a superior pointed out to him that the only Good-Aligned gods from his 'verse in the Pantheon were Mara Jade, spending much of her time in Mary Suetopia, and Obi-Wan, who rarely left the House of Knowledge.
- Wedge was pleased when he found out that he could take the two squadrons he formed with him, ascending their members to Quasideity level, and when he learned that, since Death Is Cheap in the Pantheon, all the dead ones ascended too, he felt like he could have flown without repulsorlifts and taken out TIEs by spitting at them. (He hasn't actually tried that yet.)
- He was less happy to find out that Palpatine and Vader and the Death Star and Thrawn and the 501st and Jabba the Hutt were here already, along with a host of new enemies, but Pantheonic rules and endorsement from the House of Defense meant that he and his people had a chance to settle in and make plans. Soon after ascension, the Death Star blew up twice (once from a proton torpedo in exactly the right place, again after an infiltration caused a course change right into Mary Suetopia. Yikes), Vader acquired some nasty technorganic parasites, the Emperor's temple collapsed once and later flooded, Jabba had a poison-induced stroke, and Thrawn was unaffected, but watched, hands clasped. There is no proof that he and his people were behind any of that. The 501st was, surprisingly, a nonisssue.
- Now, of course, they have to be more subtle about that. Dramatic measures don't seem to stick here, and the Captain has talked them into not attacking other members of their House. They don't like having Darth Vader around. They really don't like it.
- Wedge is the Pantheon's true animist warrior god, but he'd rather no one knew. The loincloth itches, and he'd rather fly starships.
- As Blackmoon Eleven, Wedge is the Greatest Pilot of All Time, but he's only very rarely Blackmoon Eleven, so most of the time he's only really, really, really good. Rumor places him in the cockpit of the King Hell God Emperor Starfighter of Death. He would like to point out that that is impossible. He does not work for Thrawn!
- About that one alias... argh, look, there was a small ship going after a moving planet, he thought of Luke and the Death Star, he jumped in his X-Wing and had to find a callsign and... well. Look, he thought Vader was well and truly dead, he had no idea that an Overreality and the Pantheon existed. He didn't even get close enough to the ship. It was a stupid choice on his part, don't call him that!
(Mamoru Chiba, Darien Shields, Moonlight Knight, Prince Endymion)
SCP Foundation, Organization of Fantasy Deconstruction, Containment and [DATA EXPUNGED]. Maintainers of the Status Quo
- Lesser God
- Symbol: a rose, mask, a cape and top hat
- Alignment: Chaotic Good
- Portfolio: Mysterious Protectors, people who use roses, being defined by relationship, Chick Magnet, Team Dad
- Domian: Magic, Love, Compassion, Protection
- Allies: Zuko, Sailor Moon
- Followers: James (Pokémon) Mega Man Geo-Omega, Hyde Phantom, (Mega Man Star Force), Mystere (Lunar: Eternal Blue)
- He has not been seen in the pantheon for some time, and (more or less) joined his lover in retirement... however when she returned, so did he.
- Before ascending He has actually asked both Mega Man Geo-Omega and the Blue Spirit to fill in for him when he was unavailable to protect Sailor Moon. Likewise the other two have actually called on him to protect Luna and Aang
(The Foundation, Soap From Corpses Products Inc., Skeptics of Conspiracy and the Paranormal, South Cheyenne Point)
Feric Jaggar, Champion of Questionable Causes Presented in a Positive Light
- Overdeity: The organization as a whole. It consists of a vast number of lesser beings.
- Symbol: The motto "To Secure, Contain, and Protect"
- Alignment: Lawful Neutral
- Portfolio: Extranormal Institute, He Who Fights Monsters, Nightmare Fuel, High Turnover Rate, Necessarily Evil, Paranoia Fuel, Things Man Was Not Meant to Know, Status Quo Is God
- Domains: Deconstruction, Skepticism, Containment, Logic, Security, Status Quo, Censorship, [DATA EXPUNGED]
- Though not a singular entity, the Foundation has collected so many weird and odd artifacts over the years that it has a very in-depth understanding of how extranormal beings operate and as a result, have developed many effective ways in fighting and containing them. Realizing that they would work better as allies than enemies, the head deities allowed the SCP Foundation to establish a permanent presence in the Main House, where its primary duty is to oversee the House of Treasures, maintain the status quo of the Pantheon, and to make sure that the mortal realms remain unaware of the events that transpire in this plane of existence.
- Due to its vast collection of various artifacts, it's rumored that the Foundation has an SCP or procedure to kill, incapacitate, or contain any being or deity it comes across. It commands great fear and respect among the lesser deities after stories of its "neutralizing" of one of Haruhi's alternate universe counterparts began to circulate.
- Is it related to The Men in Black? Well, is it? No one seems to know.
- The M.I.B handle Aliens, not paranormal/related activity.
- The Triumvirate of Chess Masters(Kain, David Xanatos, and G-man) all love to play the Foundation off for kicks, it's the best the three can do to compete without shattering the multiverse with a billion gambit pileup
- However, the Foundation does not take kindly to the idea of being played with. There's a reason why it keeps Dr. "Master of the Indy Ploy" Kondraki around.
- Some yet to be determined God has apparently been able to hack into the foundation's databases and learn about certain SCPs. So far none of the Keters have been revealed to malicious gods, but mostly Euclids for the sake of pranking others (like telling Godot about a way to make the "perfect coffee") but the foundation is hunting them down nonetheless because of the destruction a protocol breach for super-Keters would cause.
- One winter a boy found a Snake stiff and frozen with cold. He had compassion on it, and taking it up, placed it in his bosom. The Snake was quickly revived by the warmth, and resuming its natural instincts, bit its benefactor, inflicting on him a mortal wound. "Why?" the boy asked, with his last breath. "I gave you only kindness, and you repaid me with violence." Said the serpent, "Thou knewest what I was when you found me."
Goliath, God of Emotionally Wounded Heroes and Good God of Gargoyles
- Quasideity (though he thinks he's a Greater God)
- Symbol: An iron swastika superimposed over the Earth and encircled by a strand of human DNA
- Alignment: Lawful
- Portfolio: Straw Men (both being one and opposing them), Knights Templar, Fantastic Racists, Being the Undefeated Champion of True Humanity, Demonstrating the underlying assumptions of the pulp SF genre
- Allies: Adolf Hitler... but not the one you're thinking of. Honest.
- Followers: None of any importance. Both John Galt and Johnny Goodboy Tyler were deeply insulted when it was suggested that they had anything in common with Jaggar, or each other for that matter, and thus refused to accept his lead.
- When Captain America learned that Jaggar was to be elevated to the Pantheon, he threatened to resign his own seat in protest, but grudgingly has admitted that Jaggar is not actually a Nazi - technically. Not the kind of Nazi he has experience with, anyway. He's still keeping a close watch on him, however.
- A lot of lesser gods aren't quite sure why he's not with the Disgraces (who had to recruit their own designated hero). The Great Gods claim ignorance but with a suspiscious smirk.
The Basterds, Gods of Paying Evil Unto Evil
- Lesser God
- Symbol: Clawmarks in Stone.
- Alignment: Neutral Good
- Portfolio: Dark Is Not Evil, Heroism, Glowing Eyes of Doom, Winged Humanoid, Impossible Cape Wings, Not Quite Flight, Papa Wolf.
- Domains: Protection, Night, Air, Vigilantism, Heroics.
- When a clock tower was put up atop the House of Defense, Goliath was found roosting in it. He'd been in the Pantheon for a while, but hadn't yet aligned himself with a House. There were initially some... misunderstandings with the gods of this House, which wasn't helped by the fact that at the time Captain America was visiting Earth and couldn't be contacted. Perhaps surprisingly, the House's second-in-command was actually able to resolve this, reportedly because his burns hurt and he had no desire for a Let's You and Him Fight. Unsurprisingly, Xanatos was involved somehow.
- Turns to stone during the day. Stormtroopers are assigned to guard him at those times. They view it as a cushy duty despite the fact that attacks on him happen with some regularity; largely this is because Goliath returns the favor when patrolling.
- He has what could be termed a "protection complex", which is normally nothing major. In an alternate Pantheonic timeline with some rather spectacular conflicts, Goliath earned and accepted promotions that got him up to Greater God level, and basically turned Knight Templar in his zeal to protect those he cared for.
- A minor police goddess under Captain Carrot's command has befriended Goliath, and there are strong hints of something more.
Auron, God of Ensemble Darkhorses and Bodyguards
- Symbol: A bloody baseball bat
- Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
- Portfolio: World War II, Heroic Sociopaths, Alternate History, All Germans Are Nazis, Batter Up, Black and Grey Morality, Cool Guns, Designated Heroes, Roaring Rampage of Revenge, Sociopathic Soldiers, Anti Heroes
- Domains: War, Europe, Jews, Nazi Killing
- Allies: The Punisher, The Boys.
- Enemies: Nazis, and every Mook in existence.
- After ascending to the Pantheon from one final suicide mission, The Basterds have taken it upon themselves to bring war on the Mooks who work for the supervillains, regardless of whether they are Complete Monsters or Punch Clock Villains, by using the most brutal, violent, and horrible methods imaginable. While they perform the majority of their operations in the House of Heroes and Villains, they have been known to infiltrate other Houses and have even ventured outside the walls of the Pantheon to strike at the domains of the Disgraces.
- They are universally despised by all villains, and are virtually on every "kill on sight" list. Most heroes consider them dangerous and fanatical vigilantes, but are often hesitant to act against them. The Punisher is one of their staunchest allies, while Captain America is torn between the fact they are fellow World War II veterans yet resort to such brutal means to fight evil (as well as being disgusted by the fact that one of their most murderous members is an ex-Nazi).
- They are actually secretly supported and sanctioned by the House of Defense as a black ops unit to put pressure on the villains. However, they publically deny any knowledge or link to the Basterds, thanks to Plausible Deniability.
FBI Special Agent Francis York Morgan, God of Profiling
- Symbol: Masamune
- Alignment: Neutral Good
- Portfolio: A Good half of Bad Ass and Rule of Cool tropes, Deadpan Snarker, Determinator, The Obi-Wan, Shell-Shocked Senior, The Plan
- Domains: Spira, Stoicism, Guardians
- Allies: Jecht, Vincent Valentine, Toshiro Hitsugaya, Silver Rayleigh, Zero
- Enemies: The Corrupt Church, Eldritch Abominations, anything that threatens the Messianic Archetype.
- Ascended to the Pantheon after transcending death twice by force of will alone. Somewhat paradoxically, he was unable to die peacefully the first time because of Survivor Guilt.
(Agent York, Francis Zach Morgan
Hong Meiling, Goddess of Gate Guardians
- Lesser God
- Symbol: His FBI Badge
- Alignment: Lawful Good
- Portfolio: Bizarre But Surprisingly Competent Detectives, Those Who Are Very Particular About Their Coffee, Profiling, Cool Smoking, Those With Split Personalities, Spirit Advisors
- Domains: Law, Justice, Perception, Travel, Insanity
- Allies: Godot, Norman Jayden, Harvey Dent (on a good day), Dale Cooper
- Please, just call him York. That's what everyone calls him.
- Confuses everyone with his conversations with Zach, save for the insane.
- Occasionally subcontracts to Aaron Hotchner's team if he's busy.
- Theme Song: Shanghai Alice of Meiji 17
- Lesser Goddess
- Symbol: A golden star with the Chinese character for "dragon" on it
- Alignment: Lawful Neutral
- Portfolio: Anime Chinese Girl, Memetic Mutation, Ensemble Dark Horse, The Abused One, Ki Powered Martial Arts with Rainbow Colors, Gate Guardian
- Domains: Protection, Gates, Comedy, Servitude, Abuse
- Follower: Sunohara Youhei
- Allies: Milhouse, Sakuya Izayoi, Patchouli Knowledge, Flandre Scarlet, Remilia Scarlet
- Originally only allowed in the Pantheon so everyone can pick on her and provide humor. Even Black Mage picked on her. What differentiated her from the other disgraced Butt Monkey is that she managed to embrace the position strongly even though she was crying on the inside. With the fact that with her mistress now released, she can start stomping back. Only when it's appropriately funny, but that's more than enough for her.
- Just because she's Chinese and used to be the Goddess of Butt Monkeys, it does not mean that it is good to pick on Chinese people for humor. It's considered racism and a serious crime in the Pantheon. Even if bloody Guan Yu has practically become the Butt Monkey of the Pantheon.
- The Pantheon ignored for a very long time the fact that Word of God completely ruins every reason to make fun of her. To this day, she serves as this House's first line of defense, guarding its gates. She hoped Marisa wouldn't follow here... but she still sneaks by every now and then in raids to the Treasures Vault.
- Was once really happy, saying that she was able to drive off the giant catfish Namazu from the House of Nature and the Pantheon. Most gods just think she was dreaming, saying that they never had heard of this "Namazu" before. To pretty much everyone's surprise, Meiling was eventually vindicated when Namazu was revealed to be part of the GUAE.
- Took part on the quest to save Remilia Scarlet and deify her. Afterwards, she was able to return back to guarding the gates of the Scarlet Devil Mansion; Remilia got tired of her servant getting the rather unwelcome position of Goddess of Butt Monkeys and had her moved here.
- One of the very few gods to have an unambiguously positive relationship with her mistress, Flandre Scarlet. When queried, she scoffed it was a matter of patience and perseverance; if others do not find it in themselves to honestly want Lady Scarlet as their friend, it's not like they are going to have her anyway.